Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 32548 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:17 - Feb 11 with 1998 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:55 - Feb 11 by Drizzy

Darran has taken an absolute pasting fair play.

Don't you worry about me you worry about getting to Craven Cottage to see you beloved Reds tomorrow Newp.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:24 - Feb 11 with 1858 viewsDrizzy

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:17 - Feb 11 by Darran

Don't you worry about me you worry about getting to Craven Cottage to see you beloved Reds tomorrow Newp.

No idea what you're on about mate. I'm from London.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:28 - Feb 11 with 1854 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:24 - Feb 11 by Drizzy

No idea what you're on about mate. I'm from London.

No you're not mate,you're from Newport and you're currently living in London because you are in Uni now bore off Kammy.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:16 - Feb 11 with 1773 viewsPhil_S

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:20 - Feb 11 by perchrockjack

Looks like Im going to support Darren as he was always chiding me for ripping into LAUDRUP.
It might be the case he is moving on from what I would term as an overated manager.
We won a trophy but did he progress our club. It could be suggested the club was drifting one way and that was downwards prven by results and performances over many months.
Laudrup a jack legend= is just insulting

Yes he did progress our club. Quite significantly and no amount of revisionism will ever change that
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:31 - Feb 11 with 1725 viewsUxbridge

Sad thread this.

Laudrup was good for Swansea. Swansea was good for Laudrup. It was probably the right time to split up, but we don't need to rubbish the time we spent together. This revisionism is getting boring.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:32 - Feb 11 with 1720 viewsswancity

In his day one of Europe's finest footballers, a legend of the modern game.

That fact alone ensures that he is treated with utmost respect. He is also a gentleman and in my view handled himself publicly at all times in a dignified , modest and sporting manner, as befitting the manager of swansea city. He was an ideal role model in many ways at our club and his achievements last season including away wins at arsenal Chelsea and Liverpool were immense.

But, and this is a big but, I think his man management skills left much to be desired. He appeared aloof and detached to a point where it was wearing thin and eventually his laid back style was his undoing. I don't know but it seems to me that football isnt running through his veins. He can take or leave it and that attitude was starting to affect those around him. Garry monk doesn't enjoy that legendary status in football which is largely irrelevant anyway but he will get the team fired up again and is showing a lot of potential already. Good luck to GM and thanks for a great time under ML.

Was it time for a change? Yes it seems that way. But not because he didn't wave to or smile at Prosser. LOL.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:39 - Feb 11 with 1700 viewsjeza739

There are people on here who are totally missing one very important point. Yes ML was good for us LAST yr but THIS yr he was going to get us relegated and that would cost us ten times more than any compensation. Plus as I've already posted once we can forget the ground extension, possibly permenantly as mucky Donalds may get in there before us. Yes, I accept we could still go down, one vastly improved performance against our poor rivals doesn't mean we're out of the woods but I for one am definitely more confident for the remainder of the season. Can anyone on here truthfully say they are not? SCFC are always stronger when we stick to OUR values
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 23:24 - Feb 11 with 1646 viewsDrizzy

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:28 - Feb 11 by Darran

No you're not mate,you're from Newport and you're currently living in London because you are in Uni now bore off Kammy.

Newport? Chris Kamara? You're deluded, Prosser.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 00:32 - Feb 12 with 1600 viewsLiberty

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/revisionism

Just in case some of you were wondering.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 06:03 - Feb 12 with 1560 viewsGlyn1

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:39 - Feb 11 by jeza739

There are people on here who are totally missing one very important point. Yes ML was good for us LAST yr but THIS yr he was going to get us relegated and that would cost us ten times more than any compensation. Plus as I've already posted once we can forget the ground extension, possibly permenantly as mucky Donalds may get in there before us. Yes, I accept we could still go down, one vastly improved performance against our poor rivals doesn't mean we're out of the woods but I for one am definitely more confident for the remainder of the season. Can anyone on here truthfully say they are not? SCFC are always stronger when we stick to OUR values

"but I for one am definitely more confident for the remainder of the season. Can anyone on here truthfully say they are not?"

Yes, me. We are spending millions to get rid of an experienced manager and replace him with a player who hasn't even got his coaching badges. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we were ever in any danger of relegation, and Garry Monk will also keep us up, but we didn't need to do it this way. You talk about "the Swansea Way" - but I thought that that included not sacking managers.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 08:19 - Feb 12 with 1475 viewsswanny

Is revisionism the new schadenfreud?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:56 - Feb 12 with 1399 viewsJackSomething

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:32 - Feb 11 by Plasticman

Since this seems to be the trhead to post random stuff, ponder me this.

Ki, Pablo and Bony all got more or less crucified on these boards because of the money involved in getting said members of the team to their positions.
when you look at Monk, the club could have had him in the same position on a "free transfer" if they had waited till the end of the season. By doing it now, they instead practically paid a virtual transfer fee of around 10 mil or so (give or take). That's a price only just below Bonys.

Those 10 mil or so are money that could have been spent on getting another player into the team, another Bony if you will (even though Jenkins already stated the club would never spend that much money again).

I don't see it.

I just don't see how spending 10 mils on Monk is 'good for the club' or good business' when we could have gotten another Bony for that kind of cash AND gotten Monk in the same position for free as well.

Is that why you are trying to divert attention from monk and the club in this regard? Because when thinking about the actual price the club paid for Monk as manager and compared to what the club could have gotten for those money otherwise, it's not that fun to think about?

Heck, just to throw some wild stuff into it too, there are rumors abound that Van Persie utterly detest life under Moyes and is looking at a way out with his pricetag not being too far from what we paid for Bony because of Persies age. With Persie practically praising Swansea every time we played ManU, a cheeky inquiry about prices and availability could certainly have been made and possibly fueled by the money we could have had more in the club by waiting till the end of the season (or to really make the gray cells start working, if we had reached out when Tottenham supposedly came asking when they sacked their own manager).

It's alot of money to spend that we didn't have to. Money that could have been used to improve the club.

Not everyone has crucified Pablo and Bony, some of us have been very aware of their quality for some time and frequently said so on this board, which I'm sure you're aware of. Ki has been a disappointment, but looking at his form for Sunderland, he may well turn out to be a success.

This £10m figure is just a guess, build using speculative media reports. I have no knowledge of how much Laudrup will receive in severance pay, although I am 99.9% confident it will be nothing like £3m. As for 'losing' the £7m fee for another club signing him, it seems very unlikely any club would have met that clause considering the way this season has gone.

Suggesting we could have used this mythical £10m to sign van Persie is even worse. I appreciate it's 'wild stuff' but it's not helping your point. A player of the stature of van Persie would never come here and we could not afford him.

As others here have said, Laudrup was good for us and we were good for him. The situation declined and it was probably best for everyone he left. The desperation amongst some to prove that the board was right or wrong to sack him is depressing.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:03 - Feb 12 with 1373 viewsperchrockjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:16 - Feb 11 by Phil_S

Yes he did progress our club. Quite significantly and no amount of revisionism will ever change that

Well I hate the word revisionism almost as much as negative and positive and I disagree with you Philip,ok

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:08 - Feb 12 with 1377 viewsJackSomething

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:03 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

Well I hate the word revisionism almost as much as negative and positive and I disagree with you Philip,ok

So you don't count winning our first ever trophy, leading us to our best league finish since 1982, signing players like Michu and Bony, taking us to the knock-out stages of the Europa League, our first ever win at Old Trafford, etc as progressing the club?

If so, you have ridiculously high standards, which would go some way to explaining why you're regularly disappointed.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:12 - Feb 12 with 1364 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:08 - Feb 12 by JackSomething

So you don't count winning our first ever trophy, leading us to our best league finish since 1982, signing players like Michu and Bony, taking us to the knock-out stages of the Europa League, our first ever win at Old Trafford, etc as progressing the club?

If so, you have ridiculously high standards, which would go some way to explaining why you're regularly disappointed.

Either that or he's talking shit.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 1359 viewsJackSomething

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:12 - Feb 12 by Darran

Either that or he's talking shit.

I never really considered that. Could Perch actually be the most successful WUM in the history of the internet? I'd be impressed.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 1344 viewsperchrockjack

Good Morning boss.

Yeah, it don't last does it.

Ridiculous high standards?

Explain what constitutes that or are you being a chunt this morning. Youre a bit feisty y know and we should be more relaxed now

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:25 - Feb 12 with 1346 viewsJackSomething

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:15 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

Good Morning boss.

Yeah, it don't last does it.

Ridiculous high standards?

Explain what constitutes that or are you being a chunt this morning. Youre a bit feisty y know and we should be more relaxed now

Look at the list I posted of what Laudrup achieved here in 1 and a half seasons. If you don't consider that progressing the club, what would you accept?

My point is that anyone who thinks he didn't progress this club have serious delusions of grandeur, which ironically is what many have (incorrectly) accused us of in sacking Laudrup.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:28 - Feb 12 with 1339 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:14 - Feb 12 by JackSomething

I never really considered that. Could Perch actually be the most successful WUM in the history of the internet? I'd be impressed.

No not really because I've met him several times and he's a depressing miserable tw*t in real life too.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:35 - Feb 12 with 1318 viewsperchrockjack

You may have a point about grandeur and I blame my mother who was never happy living in Cecil Street next to the school. Worse when my dad built those three bungalows at the top end of Middle Rd as we backed on to a feck council estate. Still in 62 we moved to Killay and all was well.

Anyway, I always look forwards seriously regarding my club and last year was good-trophy nice, but the thought of relegation-which we still face- darkens the mood .
I find it equally ludicrous for anyone not to see we were drifting downwards which makes last season utterly superfluous. Its about now and I do believe that the urgency showed last Saturday will become a regular feature from now on in.

I don't think its ridiculous at all to believe we can remain in the PL and top ten at that too. I also think we can fill a 30000 stadium when the knobheads all over the Swansea area get the message its pointless following a "big" club .

It would have been ridiculous in 84 and in 94 and even 04 but not now.

We can and should move onwards and upwards. Next issue to progress is the admin and marketing of our club which is poor really

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:41 - Feb 12 with 1317 viewsJackSomething

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:35 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

You may have a point about grandeur and I blame my mother who was never happy living in Cecil Street next to the school. Worse when my dad built those three bungalows at the top end of Middle Rd as we backed on to a feck council estate. Still in 62 we moved to Killay and all was well.

Anyway, I always look forwards seriously regarding my club and last year was good-trophy nice, but the thought of relegation-which we still face- darkens the mood .
I find it equally ludicrous for anyone not to see we were drifting downwards which makes last season utterly superfluous. Its about now and I do believe that the urgency showed last Saturday will become a regular feature from now on in.

I don't think its ridiculous at all to believe we can remain in the PL and top ten at that too. I also think we can fill a 30000 stadium when the knobheads all over the Swansea area get the message its pointless following a "big" club .

It would have been ridiculous in 84 and in 94 and even 04 but not now.

We can and should move onwards and upwards. Next issue to progress is the admin and marketing of our club which is poor really

I'm not arguing that we were drifting downwards and am not arguing the decision to remove Laudrup, although I don't think we would have been relegated had he stayed, just as I don't think we'll be relegated now.

I agree we can remain in the PL and we could fill a 30000 stadium, although probably only for the 'big' games if we're being honest, at least in the short term while the fan base grows.

At the same time as thinking that, there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that Laudrup progressed this club. Just as there's nothing wrong with admitting Rodgers, Sousa and Martinez did the same.

Saying Laudrup didn't progress the club because we are in a relegation battle this season is like saying Toshack didn't progress the club because we were relegated twice before he left. It didn't invalidate what came before.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:47 - Feb 12 with 1304 viewsJackanapes

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:28 - Feb 11 by Darran

Isn't it funny that someone who claims not to be NJ, comes on this board, starts a poll about T2C (someone he " just met"), argues with all the same people Newport argued with, does painfully shyt NFL analysis like NJ did and is general berk like NJ was. Hmmmmmmmm

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:48 - Feb 12 with 1289 viewsperchrockjack

Fair come back.
However I d take issue with you comments about Tosh mainly because any progress we did make WAS invalidated by going bust.
We aint gonna agree on this .

And DARREN has met me several times but Ive not had him on my own for anything more than 5 minutes so he really knows not that much about what makes me tick. HE is a decent man, a brave one too with a great family unit and although we ve fallen out several times he s still what I would call a chum albeit a long distance one

He s ,in real life, a simple soul -in the purest sense .He makes me feel really dirty sometimes when I come up with what I do but it keeps me sane.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:50 - Feb 12 with 1293 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:47 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

Isn't it funny that someone who claims not to be NJ, comes on this board, starts a poll about T2C (someone he " just met"), argues with all the same people Newport argued with, does painfully shyt NFL analysis like NJ did and is general berk like NJ was. Hmmmmmmmm

I have no idea why he keeps denying it?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:52 - Feb 12 with 1289 viewsJackanapes

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:50 - Feb 12 by Darran

I have no idea why he keeps denying it?

Hes taken lessons off Dim... I mean Shaky.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2014 10:52]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024