Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 31738 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:42 - Feb 10 with 2121 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:16 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Back to the OP for a moment..

""He couldn't come to the training ground to say goodbye so he text me. He wished me good luck for the rest of the season." - Pablo Hernandez.

Not such a strange chap after all then Darren ?? somebody been telling you lies by the looks of things

Not that I give a f*ck who had who's phone numbers but according to Pablo, Laudrup text him not the other way round. All that proves is that Laudrup had Pablo's number, not that Pablo had Laudrup's.

On a wider note, I find the suggestion that's found favour among some that Jenkins was just waiting for an opportunity to sack Laudrup and that he saw his chance four days before our most important game in three years against our hated rivals, spunking away million in compensation at the same time, completely laughable. I maintain the view that something fairly drastic must have happened for Jenkins to take the action he did. This is the board that didn't and wasn't going to sack Sousa.

Poll: Tory leader

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:49 - Feb 10 with 2092 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:42 - Feb 10 by exiledclaseboy

Not that I give a f*ck who had who's phone numbers but according to Pablo, Laudrup text him not the other way round. All that proves is that Laudrup had Pablo's number, not that Pablo had Laudrup's.

On a wider note, I find the suggestion that's found favour among some that Jenkins was just waiting for an opportunity to sack Laudrup and that he saw his chance four days before our most important game in three years against our hated rivals, spunking away million in compensation at the same time, completely laughable. I maintain the view that something fairly drastic must have happened for Jenkins to take the action he did. This is the board that didn't and wasn't going to sack Sousa.

Exactly and I'm not going to comment any further after this post,I believe it's the right decision to get rid of him and if everyone is honest we all could see it was falling apart at the seams.
If he was still our manager he'd have my support,he isn't so I no longer give a f*ck and I'm not going cry like a Danish nancy boy.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:03 - Feb 10 with 2051 viewsDavillin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:49 - Feb 10 by Darran

Exactly and I'm not going to comment any further after this post,I believe it's the right decision to get rid of him and if everyone is honest we all could see it was falling apart at the seams.
If he was still our manager he'd have my support,he isn't so I no longer give a f*ck and I'm not going cry like a Danish nancy boy.

Do you have a link to a video of "a Danish nancy boy" crying?

[I can mentally superimpose your photo onto it and .]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:06 - Feb 10 with 2036 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:03 - Feb 10 by Davillin

Do you have a link to a video of "a Danish nancy boy" crying?

[I can mentally superimpose your photo onto it and .]

I'm afraid I do not have a video but I do have a photo.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:08 - Feb 10 with 2016 viewsDavillin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:06 - Feb 10 by Darran

I'm afraid I do not have a video but I do have a photo.

Not good enough. I can therefore not do the superposition trick to a still photo. Sorry.

Besides, he looks more Icelandic than Danish anyway.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:32 - Feb 10 with 1971 viewssnork44

No he's blond so I'd say Swedish! One thing that puzzled me about Laudrup was his insistence of having a small squad when the limit is for a 25 man squad, he always said a 22-23 man squad was best and this was in a season of us playing in 4 competitions. To this day I am still puzzled by that mindset.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:35 - Feb 10 with 1959 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:32 - Feb 10 by snork44

No he's blond so I'd say Swedish! One thing that puzzled me about Laudrup was his insistence of having a small squad when the limit is for a 25 man squad, he always said a 22-23 man squad was best and this was in a season of us playing in 4 competitions. To this day I am still puzzled by that mindset.

Obviously his way or Norway.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:44 - Feb 10 with 1925 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:32 - Feb 10 by snork44

He wanted 26 but huw threatened to publish his mobile phone number on Twitter if he wouldn't keep the costs down.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:48 - Feb 10 with 1914 viewsSpratty

Darran mopping up his tears when BRod refuses to return

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 00:02 - Feb 11 with 1798 viewsLiberty

To get over 10,000 views from that original post, deserves , fair play.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 3:02]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 00:19 - Feb 11 with 1782 viewsGeneralJack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:54 - Feb 10 by perchrockjack

Bottom line is the Board and us have and will be there whereas LAUDRUP was merely passing through.
The Board have been,in my opinion, rather lacking in some areas but they unquestionably do things that they see as right for our club.
LAUDRUP, might have been a nice chap but he ,like all pros. will have Michael Laudrup`s interests to the fore.
They might also have stopped a terminal decline in time but it ll be conjecture over which we ll bitch-which is fine.

That's a good argument for appointing a board member as the new manager.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 00:32 - Feb 11 with 1770 viewsGeneralJack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:57 - Feb 10 by raynor94

Paltry budget? Laudrup has had the biggest budget of any Swansea manager, and in fairness to the board when they have been asked they have stumped up, why would anything change?

I don't know if it is your intention, but you are not contradicting anything in my post sir!
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 01:16 - Feb 11 with 1738 viewsGeneralJack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:57 - Feb 10 by jeza739

The time was right for ML to go. £5m or whatever the compo will be is small fry when compared to the cost of relegation, you can add 0's onto it! Also we can forget any ground extension if we go down, and make no mistake that's where we heading,wake up and smell the coffee. I said that after the first derby defeat, it was obvious. I have total respect for ML for what we achieved last year (as I also have for what Sousa also brought us) however I feel both as personalities may not have been right for us in the long term. We are quite unique as a club in many respects. RM and BR pos suited as better and no doubt the squad were happier. GM knows this club,this squad inside out and it shows already. A happy,motivated workforce are generally a successful work force, regardless of the occupation.
Yes its early days,but the signs are very promising,on and off the field. Let's get behind HJ the board,GM and the squad (as we all did Sat) coz HJ has yet to let us down.

The signs are good are they? happy workforce eh?
Where were the players tweets telling us how pleased they were to have new management? and could they not tell us how much more positive they are about the future. Why did the players have to be shut up?
It's getting like North Korea. I'm thinking of complaining to 'The Dear Leader'
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 01:36 - Feb 11 with 1729 viewsLiberty

Don't let the truth get in the way of the truth ffs
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 2:58]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 07:17 - Feb 11 with 1662 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:49 - Feb 10 by Darran

F*cking right.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 08:51 - Feb 11 with 1606 viewsOdgaard

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:05 - Feb 10 by A_Fans_Dad

You may certainly be correct about ML attracting Michu, Pablo and JDG, but not the others. I am sure the lure of playing for higher wages and in the UK Prem would have been enough for those languishing in lower Leagues on low wages .
I don't have a clue of whether or not Bony or Shelvey came for ML, Swansea or in Bony's case the Prem.

So I agree he left SCFC a better off club player wise.
But to suggest that Emnes is not better than Schecter and Vasquez is really pushing your lick.
In the time he was on he did more than JDG, but then these days that does not appear be to too hard as for some reason he is not playing to his full potential.

I have not said that Emnes is more poor than Vasquez or Schecter.. I just said i dont think Emnes is going to improve the start 11, Schecter and Vasquez have been shite, but they were free, so who cares.. Emnes dont have the potential.. I cant see it.. But hi is better than Vasquz and Schechter

I just saying that Swansea is become better and bigger under Laudurp = succes
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:36 - Feb 11 with 1537 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:27 - Feb 10 by Darran

It's 100% clear that he's neither of them,watch Monk embracing Dyer when he got subbed on Saturday,you never saw that once with Laudrup.

Never once - more lies against ML - shocking

It's you that needs to move on Darran and stop your untrue slurs against a decent and personable bloke who brought so much to this club. Will Monk be the next one for a kicking if it all goes wrong for him?

Note ML is not cuddling him like a child but listening attentively to what Dyer is saying. A massively important management skill. In fact at the supporters meeting and in many other interviews he stresses the importance of each player being an individual and understanding their individual concerns and motivations. As Huw said you couldn't meet a more genuine and honest person. I would like to be reassured that everyone at the club both board and senior players behaved with similar probity, but given the nature of the leaks I have some concerns. As I have for the lack of acknowledgement of what has been inherited from ML. which must be pretty good if it can be "turned round" in a few days.

I often recall ML giving players a pat on the back / hug when they were subbed and I go to most matches home and away and will be at Stoke tomorrow night supporting the boys.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:56 - Feb 11 with 1507 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 01:16 - Feb 11 by GeneralJack

The signs are good are they? happy workforce eh?
Where were the players tweets telling us how pleased they were to have new management? and could they not tell us how much more positive they are about the future. Why did the players have to be shut up?
It's getting like North Korea. I'm thinking of complaining to 'The Dear Leader'

Given the amount of absurd revisionism that's gone on in the past week, you'd be better off trying contact the ghost of Joe Stalin...
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:58 - Feb 11 with 1497 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:36 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Never once - more lies against ML - shocking

It's you that needs to move on Darran and stop your untrue slurs against a decent and personable bloke who brought so much to this club. Will Monk be the next one for a kicking if it all goes wrong for him?

Note ML is not cuddling him like a child but listening attentively to what Dyer is saying. A massively important management skill. In fact at the supporters meeting and in many other interviews he stresses the importance of each player being an individual and understanding their individual concerns and motivations. As Huw said you couldn't meet a more genuine and honest person. I would like to be reassured that everyone at the club both board and senior players behaved with similar probity, but given the nature of the leaks I have some concerns. As I have for the lack of acknowledgement of what has been inherited from ML. which must be pretty good if it can be "turned round" in a few days.

I often recall ML giving players a pat on the back / hug when they were subbed and I go to most matches home and away and will be at Stoke tomorrow night supporting the boys.

"I often recall ML giving players a pat on the back / hug when they were subbed"

Well that's complete bollox.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:59 - Feb 11 with 1496 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 00:02 - Feb 11 by Liberty

To get over 10,000 views from that original post, deserves , fair play.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 3:02]

Yes it does, it shows that telling lies produces Internet traffic which is where the real agenda of these untruths produces good things for the PS website ..

Nah,just kidding. It's been quite an interesting topic truth be told(truth not lies)
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:09 - Feb 11 with 1465 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:59 - Feb 11 by icecoldjack

Yes it does, it shows that telling lies produces Internet traffic which is where the real agenda of these untruths produces good things for the PS website ..

Nah,just kidding. It's been quite an interesting topic truth be told(truth not lies)

It's quite funny how many people are in denial especially when everyone with a brain cell can see he didn't get sacked for footballing reasons alone.
It's rather pitiful if I'm honest.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:12 - Feb 11 with 1457 viewsperchrockjack

Seems the players have moved on but we haven't.

Completely irrelevant who s right or wrong on an internet chat room or who is n or p.
Bottom line is we get back to what we were on the field of play and get out of possible trouble at the bottom.

Fin

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:07 - Feb 11 with 1416 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:09 - Feb 11 by Darran

It's quite funny how many people are in denial especially when everyone with a brain cell can see he didn't get sacked for footballing reasons alone.

But had he been sacked for footballing reasons it still would have been justified. Laudrup was done with us a long time before we were done with him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:39 - Feb 11 with 1379 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 11:09 - Feb 11 by Darran

I would definitely agree he was not sacked for footballing reasons alone although many of the revisionists seem to think that regardless of the almost identical team for team stats to last year and the many injuries, whose return, the new structure will be able to take full advantage of. Pretty impressive whilst still in the FA Cup and Europa. Perhaps if some of the issues had been mutually resolved we would have had better leadership and less sulking on the pitch as well

In fact it was ML's pet (as he has been called) who opened up the defence at the Cardiff game allowing that vital first goal and playing a central part to all we did. There was no bigger Jack Bastard on the field on Saturday than Pablo Hernández. Yet in another thread his essential part in that game and the rightful praise he received for the quality he brought is jealously dismissed whilst linked to an article saying through passes are the new way forward - isn't and hasn't a beautifully skilled and timed slide rule pass always been one of Pablo's signature moves.

What is rather pitiful is the insecurity that gives some the need to always put others down, typified by you spreading malicious lies about a man you were probably fawning to have your photo taken with.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:47 - Feb 11 with 1362 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:39 - Feb 11 by Spratty

I would definitely agree he was not sacked for footballing reasons alone although many of the revisionists seem to think that regardless of the almost identical team for team stats to last year and the many injuries, whose return, the new structure will be able to take full advantage of. Pretty impressive whilst still in the FA Cup and Europa. Perhaps if some of the issues had been mutually resolved we would have had better leadership and less sulking on the pitch as well

In fact it was ML's pet (as he has been called) who opened up the defence at the Cardiff game allowing that vital first goal and playing a central part to all we did. There was no bigger Jack Bastard on the field on Saturday than Pablo Hernández. Yet in another thread his essential part in that game and the rightful praise he received for the quality he brought is jealously dismissed whilst linked to an article saying through passes are the new way forward - isn't and hasn't a beautifully skilled and timed slide rule pass always been one of Pablo's signature moves.

What is rather pitiful is the insecurity that gives some the need to always put others down, typified by you spreading malicious lies about a man you were probably fawning to have your photo taken with.

You've never seen a photo of me with him because I didn't like him but I am able to put that aside.
The reason I didn't like him is because of his personality,I could get on with most people he couldn't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024