Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 31737 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:06 - Feb 11 with 1583 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 10:58 - Feb 11 by Darran

"I often recall ML giving players a pat on the back / hug when they were subbed"

Well that's complete bollox.

Your the one who makes lies up here Darran.

Just because his gestures aren't flamboyantly styled for the cameras (like some of BRods). Can you see right into the dugout from your spot / do you regularly go to away games?

No bollox her mi boy.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:09 - Feb 11 with 1572 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:06 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Your the one who makes lies up here Darran.

Just because his gestures aren't flamboyantly styled for the cameras (like some of BRods). Can you see right into the dugout from your spot / do you regularly go to away games?

No bollox her mi boy.

Why do you keep mentioning Rodgers to me ? He's not our manager and I couldn't give a f*ck about him either.
What am I not getting?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:19 - Feb 11 with 1531 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:47 - Feb 11 by Darran

You've never seen a photo of me with him because I didn't like him but I am able to put that aside.
The reason I didn't like him is because of his personality,I could get on with most people he couldn't.

Ok you can get on with most people - ummm think there may be some meaty evidence to the contrary on this forum.

He was the football manager of Swansea City - not your friend, nor a tame legend to be used for personal social kudos by those that have perhaps actually grown fat on success to quote that disreputable article about ML.

Forget what i have seen (lets not pay with semantics) have you ever had your photo taken with Michael Laudrup?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:24 - Feb 11 with 1522 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:19 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Ok you can get on with most people - ummm think there may be some meaty evidence to the contrary on this forum.

He was the football manager of Swansea City - not your friend, nor a tame legend to be used for personal social kudos by those that have perhaps actually grown fat on success to quote that disreputable article about ML.

Forget what i have seen (lets not pay with semantics) have you ever had your photo taken with Michael Laudrup?

Sorry to spoil all your illusions but this forum isn't real life and no I have never ever had my photo taken with Michael Laudrup.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:26 - Feb 11 with 1515 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:09 - Feb 11 by Darran

Why do you keep mentioning Rodgers to me ? He's not our manager and I couldn't give a f*ck about him either.
What am I not getting?

As I recall you seem quite fond of him from comments you have made. That to me is a fine but seems at odds with your assertion that you don't give a f*ck about ex managers.

Don't tell me you have no pictures with BRod

You certainly seem to give a f*ck about Laudrup starting threads about him and repeatedly slagging him off.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:27 - Feb 11 with 1517 viewsJokeren1943

Lets end this shite and move on. Accept that the board have been behaving like a bunch of girls.

Move along please.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 13:28]
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:29 - Feb 11 with 1506 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:24 - Feb 11 by Darran

Sorry to spoil all your illusions but this forum isn't real life and no I have never ever had my photo taken with Michael Laudrup.

illusions - this forum is how you choose to portray yourself
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:33 - Feb 11 with 1487 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:26 - Feb 11 by Spratty

As I recall you seem quite fond of him from comments you have made. That to me is a fine but seems at odds with your assertion that you don't give a f*ck about ex managers.

Don't tell me you have no pictures with BRod

You certainly seem to give a f*ck about Laudrup starting threads about him and repeatedly slagging him off.

I can't recall starting many threads about him and I'm certainly not repeatedly slagging him off either.

What have I said for you to think I'm quite fond of Rodgers then?

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:35 - Feb 11 with 1476 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:29 - Feb 11 by Spratty

illusions - this forum is how you choose to portray yourself

Yes that'll be it.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:43 - Feb 11 with 1447 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:33 - Feb 11 by Darran

I can't recall starting many threads about him and I'm certainly not repeatedly slagging him off either.

What have I said for you to think I'm quite fond of Rodgers then?

I said starting threads not many threads so lets stick to the facts.

Certainly if we are to consider the density of posts made by you within the threads there has been a lot of let.

Sorry Darran I don't have the inclination to begin to trawl through the many thousands of your posts to pull up your comments on BRod.

So am I to assume that you have no fondness for BRod?
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:00 - Feb 11 with 1417 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:43 - Feb 11 by Spratty

I said starting threads not many threads so lets stick to the facts.

Certainly if we are to consider the density of posts made by you within the threads there has been a lot of let.

Sorry Darran I don't have the inclination to begin to trawl through the many thousands of your posts to pull up your comments on BRod.

So am I to assume that you have no fondness for BRod?

Ah right that old chestnut,seems to be the popular answer amongst PS posters when the hole is getting deeper so let me help you,i've started two,this one and another one.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/Darran/

Oh and I thought Rodgers was a great manager for us as was Laudrup last season.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 1359 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:39 - Feb 10 by Darran

Well I'm really sorry to say this Plasti but you're either blinded by love or telling lies.

I'm not the one posting stuff in this thread that people are pointing out are blatantly untrue.

You are.

Why you felt the need to make a thread like this when people can easily point out your.... "inacuracies" (and I'm using that word to be kind to you) is what I am starting to wonder about, to be honest.

You didn't like the man. Fair enough. Nobody can be liked by everyone. That's how life works.

But it shouldn't give you a carte blanche to spread rumors or slander when it's clear that your "facts" aren't as "factual" as you try to pass them off as.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:17 - Feb 11 with 1330 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:04 - Feb 11 by Plasticman

I'm not the one posting stuff in this thread that people are pointing out are blatantly untrue.

You are.

Why you felt the need to make a thread like this when people can easily point out your.... "inacuracies" (and I'm using that word to be kind to you) is what I am starting to wonder about, to be honest.

You didn't like the man. Fair enough. Nobody can be liked by everyone. That's how life works.

But it shouldn't give you a carte blanche to spread rumors or slander when it's clear that your "facts" aren't as "factual" as you try to pass them off as.

99.9% true unfortunately,I know you're hurting but you will get over it.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:20 - Feb 11 with 1319 viewsperchrockjack

Looks like Im going to support Darren as he was always chiding me for ripping into LAUDRUP.
It might be the case he is moving on from what I would term as an overated manager.
We won a trophy but did he progress our club. It could be suggested the club was drifting one way and that was downwards prven by results and performances over many months.
Laudrup a jack legend= is just insulting

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:31 - Feb 11 with 1311 viewsOdgaard

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:20 - Feb 11 by perchrockjack

Looks like Im going to support Darren as he was always chiding me for ripping into LAUDRUP.
It might be the case he is moving on from what I would term as an overated manager.
We won a trophy but did he progress our club. It could be suggested the club was drifting one way and that was downwards prven by results and performances over many months.

Remember what state Laudrup got Swansea in!

No Allen, Sigurdson OR Sinclair. Its was a difficult moment for the Club, The club is in a much better state now, than before. Even though the club has struggle point wise, but duo to Injuries and Euro league, its just what you can expect..Newcastle was also awfull when they played Euro League..

However Was Laudrup a long term solution no, but very much needed in the difficult second season.. Laudrup is properly a average coach, but duo to his name he can get it done!

Am Sad it ended bad, but i think its wise that the club is going for a man inside the club instead of outside...
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:32 - Feb 11 with 1306 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:17 - Feb 11 by Darran

99.9% true unfortunately,I know you're hurting but you will get over it.

Since this seems to be the trhead to post random stuff, ponder me this.

Ki, Pablo and Bony all got more or less crucified on these boards because of the money involved in getting said members of the team to their positions.
when you look at Monk, the club could have had him in the same position on a "free transfer" if they had waited till the end of the season. By doing it now, they instead practically paid a virtual transfer fee of around 10 mil or so (give or take). That's a price only just below Bonys.

Those 10 mil or so are money that could have been spent on getting another player into the team, another Bony if you will (even though Jenkins already stated the club would never spend that much money again).

I don't see it.

I just don't see how spending 10 mils on Monk is 'good for the club' or good business' when we could have gotten another Bony for that kind of cash AND gotten Monk in the same position for free as well.

Is that why you are trying to divert attention from monk and the club in this regard? Because when thinking about the actual price the club paid for Monk as manager and compared to what the club could have gotten for those money otherwise, it's not that fun to think about?

Heck, just to throw some wild stuff into it too, there are rumors abound that Van Persie utterly detest life under Moyes and is looking at a way out with his pricetag not being too far from what we paid for Bony because of Persies age. With Persie practically praising Swansea every time we played ManU, a cheeky inquiry about prices and availability could certainly have been made and possibly fueled by the money we could have had more in the club by waiting till the end of the season (or to really make the gray cells start working, if we had reached out when Tottenham supposedly came asking when they sacked their own manager).

It's alot of money to spend that we didn't have to. Money that could have been used to improve the club.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:36 - Feb 11 with 1300 viewsDavillin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:27 - Feb 11 by Jokeren1943

Lets end this shite and move on. Accept that the board have been behaving like a bunch of girls.

Move along please.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 13:28]

Two correct out of three is a FAIL.

"Let's end this personal exchange" - correct.

"Move along, please" - correct [although this is functionally a repeat of the one above and makes it 1 correct out of two, which is a bigger FAIL]..

"The board have been behaving like a bunch of girls" - incorrect. Unless you mean this message board, which is only partially correct. Still FAIL.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:38 - Feb 11 with 1292 viewsshandyjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:31 - Feb 11 by Odgaard

Remember what state Laudrup got Swansea in!

No Allen, Sigurdson OR Sinclair. Its was a difficult moment for the Club, The club is in a much better state now, than before. Even though the club has struggle point wise, but duo to Injuries and Euro league, its just what you can expect..Newcastle was also awfull when they played Euro League..

However Was Laudrup a long term solution no, but very much needed in the difficult second season.. Laudrup is properly a average coach, but duo to his name he can get it done!

Am Sad it ended bad, but i think its wise that the club is going for a man inside the club instead of outside...

look at the £30m extra he had in the account to play with should he of wished too witht he sale of Sinclair, Allen and BR. Yes he did a fantastic job LAST season, but this season bar 1 or 2 perofmances we have been close to woeful. Look at the two Kuban games and both St Gallen games. Dreadful performances that were getting replicated in the PL, with West Ham being the final straw.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:46 - Feb 11 with 1277 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:20 - Feb 11 by perchrockjack

He deserves a lot of credit for last season he actually achieved something all other managers in 100 years had failed to do and won a major trophy.
He will always be known as the manager that managed us to that trophy,not sure if that makes him a 'Jack Legend' though.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:50 - Feb 11 with 1266 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comment but football is an unforgiving business and you have to move forward just to stay where you are

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:52 - Feb 11 with 1262 viewsshandyjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:32 - Feb 11 by Plasticman

Ki, Pablo and Bony all got more or less crucified on these boards because of the money involved in getting said members of the team to their positions.
when you look at Monk, the club could have had him in the same position on a "free transfer" if they had waited till the end of the season. By doing it now, they instead practically paid a virtual transfer fee of around 10 mil or so (give or take). That's a price only just below Bonys.

Those 10 mil or so are money that could have been spent on getting another player into the team, another Bony if you will (even though Jenkins already stated the club would never spend that much money again).

I don't see it.

I just don't see how spending 10 mils on Monk is 'good for the club' or good business' when we could have gotten another Bony for that kind of cash AND gotten Monk in the same position for free as well.

Is that why you are trying to divert attention from monk and the club in this regard? Because when thinking about the actual price the club paid for Monk as manager and compared to what the club could have gotten for those money otherwise, it's not that fun to think about?

Heck, just to throw some wild stuff into it too, there are rumors abound that Van Persie utterly detest life under Moyes and is looking at a way out with his pricetag not being too far from what we paid for Bony because of Persies age. With Persie practically praising Swansea every time we played ManU, a cheeky inquiry about prices and availability could certainly have been made and possibly fueled by the money we could have had more in the club by waiting till the end of the season (or to really make the gray cells start working, if we had reached out when Tottenham supposedly came asking when they sacked their own manager).

It's alot of money to spend that we didn't have to. Money that could have been used to improve the club.

Where on earth have you got that 10m figure from?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:24 - Feb 11 with 1217 viewsJokeren1943

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:36 - Feb 11 by Davillin

Two correct out of three is a FAIL.

"Let's end this personal exchange" - correct.

"Move along, please" - correct [although this is functionally a repeat of the one above and makes it 1 correct out of two, which is a bigger FAIL]..

"The board have been behaving like a bunch of girls" - incorrect. Unless you mean this message board, which is only partially correct. Still FAIL.

Getting players (leftovers from championship) over the head of the manager, is being amateur.

If you do not like how the manager do his job, fire him (instead).

Backstabbing a manager in the media afterward, a manager who keep being a gentleman as Laudrup (not naming anyone, just saying that the club is wrong in many of its points) is being amateur.

If the board do not like what he did, just be descent. Say "Laudrup did only win 1-2 out of 10 games".

You do not have to say anymore.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 16:32]
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:27 - Feb 11 with 1206 viewsOldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:32 - Feb 11 by Plasticman

I don't see it.

I just don't see how spending 10 mils on Monk is 'good for the club' or good business' You've lost me here son

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:55 - Feb 11 with 1168 viewsDrizzy

Darran has taken an absolute pasting fair play.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:03 - Feb 11 with 1164 viewsjackharris

If you only supported our club because Laudrup was here that's fine, but do us a favour and now f*ck off if you are going to slag as off or Swansea City. Where the f*ck did £10m come from. Get a life for f*ck sake, you don't see people worshipping Gareth Edwards and liking pickled onions just because he likes pickled onions!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024