Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Mackie 21:16 - Apr 9 with 13598 viewsMarshy

Looking forward to seeing him on Saturday. Just wish it would still be in a hooped shirt!

Why we had to sell a player like Mackie, and replace him with some of the dross we've signed and taken on loan is beyond me.
Jamie Mackie on 13:18 - Apr 10 with 1332 viewsBAWHoops

Of course he should never have been sold.

He's versatile and can play up top or out wide. Two positions we have struggled with all season.

Perhaps we had to raise a bit of money in the summer and he was the only player anyone wanted. Who knows.

Regardless, it was an awful decision as we all know he would have provided a great option alongside Phillips and Austin as our main threats up top.

For those that say he has no end product....
Goals v Man City, Man U, Liverpool disagree

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Jamie Mackie on 13:27 - Apr 10 with 1316 viewsNov77

Those of you saying he should never have been sold are saying that you wanted to keep a player here against his will. It doesn't happen in football, how many times do you hear of written transfer requests being turned down?

Adel, Mbia, remy, Granero etc didnt want to play for us either. Bollox to all of 'em.

And Bollox to the ones who do want to play for us too. (Sorry, but I'm on a roll).

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Jamie Mackie (n/t) on 13:56 - Apr 10 with 1286 viewsImelda

Jamie Mackie on 14:02 - Apr 10 with 1279 viewsImelda

I loved watching Jamie Mackie play - OK, he wasn't the most skilful player but he would run his heart out all week every week for the team, the club and the fans. I'll never forget his goal and his gesture against Liverpool when we came from behind to win that match. He was at the heart of the "original team" in the divided dressing room and wanted to show that he was worth more than the overpaid over rated w*ankers that we ended up with

I would rather have him still playing for us than watch all the "Charlie Big Potatoes" lounge about, mess up and shrug their shoulders that we still have to endure now.

I won't be at the match on Saturday but I would love to add my contribution to the welcome he's going to get at Loftus Road.
Jamie Mackie on 14:05 - Apr 10 with 1271 viewstoboboly

Jamie Mackie on 13:27 - Apr 10 by Nov77

Those of you saying he should never have been sold are saying that you wanted to keep a player here against his will. It doesn't happen in football, how many times do you hear of written transfer requests being turned down?

Adel, Mbia, remy, Granero etc didnt want to play for us either. Bollox to all of 'em.

And Bollox to the ones who do want to play for us too. (Sorry, but I'm on a roll).

This comment shows a complete misunderstanding of the situation Mackie was in.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Jamie Mackie on 14:08 - Apr 10 with 1260 viewsJigsore

Jamie Mackie on 13:27 - Apr 10 by Nov77

it has literally been explained twice already in this thread.

"Unless you put in a transfer request you (the player) are entitled to a percentage of the transfer fee (commonly 10% in usual contracts). It's called a 'Loyalty Bonus' (laughable I know). Prime examples are our very own Joey Barton's transfer from Man City to Newcastle, where Newcastle ended up paying an extra £300k on top of the transfer fee agreed, to City who then paid it to Barton.

Mackie was entitled a % of the fee which QPR refused to pay (i.e. accept a lower figure than the asking price) and Forest refused to increase (i.e. pay a higher figure than the asking price). So he handed in a transfer request to waive that fee and get his wish of first team football.

Typical Mackie - putting football ahead of money. "

-00calben

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Jamie Mackie on 14:11 - Apr 10 with 1256 viewsNov77

He had first team football here.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Jamie Mackie on 14:13 - Apr 10 with 1250 viewsMytch_QPR

Jamie Mackie on 14:02 - Apr 10 by Imelda

I loved watching Jamie Mackie play - OK, he wasn't the most skilful player but he would run his heart out all week every week for the team, the club and the fans. I'll never forget his goal and his gesture against Liverpool when we came from behind to win that match. He was at the heart of the "original team" in the divided dressing room and wanted to show that he was worth more than the overpaid over rated w*ankers that we ended up with

I would rather have him still playing for us than watch all the "Charlie Big Potatoes" lounge about, mess up and shrug their shoulders that we still have to endure now.

I won't be at the match on Saturday but I would love to add my contribution to the welcome he's going to get at Loftus Road.

Depending on the result, it sounds as though a big welcome for JM and a hefty snub for HR. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but a negative response from the crowd is hardly likely to lift the team in the run-in.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Mackie on 14:16 - Apr 10 with 1244 viewsMatch82

Jamie Mackie on 12:31 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

All of this and I'll add my old mantra that the breaking up of the Hill-Derry-Mackie triumvirate must have killd our dressing room and the positive self-governing ethos it undoubtedly had.

Wasn't there a rumour about this at the time, something about Mackie going because he was a bad influence in the dressing room? Or was it perhaps as simple as Redknapp trying to assert his authority on the dressing room? If so, that's a pretty stupid thing to do.

I'd agree with the majority on this thread, that it was a ridiculous decision which goes against everything we've been told about "the right sort", but I wonder if there's something we don't know (as usual)...
Jamie Mackie on 14:27 - Apr 10 with 1221 viewsJigsore

Jamie Mackie on 14:11 - Apr 10 by Nov77

He had first team football here.

Well technically anyone can get a game here if they've got a raffle ticket for 'Arrys lucky dip.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Jamie Mackie on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 1213 viewsCFW

Jamie Mackie on 14:02 - Apr 10 by Imelda

I like Jamie Mackie - no problem at all and cannot argue he always gave his best.

At Forest he has played 33 league games (7 as sub) and scored 4 goals and he is a striker.

Rest my case.
Jamie Mackie on 14:31 - Apr 10 with 1205 viewsNov77

Just read a forest forum and plenty giving him pelters on there.

Jamie Mackie on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 1198 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Mackie on 14:31 - Apr 10 by Nov77

plenty gave him pelters here too.
Those people don't know much.

Bare bones.

Jamie Mackie on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 1183 viewsW7Ranger

Ji Sung Park got slated by our fans, doesn't mean he was shyte for Utd does it???
Jamie Mackie on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 1191 viewsNov77

Jamie Mackie on 14:33 - Apr 10 by Antti_Heinola

plenty gave him pelters here too.
Those people don't know much.

Or they have a different opinion to you.

Jamie Mackie on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 1179 viewsW7Ranger

Jamie Mackie on 14:34 - Apr 10 by W7Ranger

Ji Sung Park got slated by our fans, doesn't mean he was shyte for Utd does it???

Likewise I could say the same for a fair few other players we have bought/loaned over the last few years!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 14:37]
Jamie Mackie on 14:37 - Apr 10 with 1183 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Mackie on 14:34 - Apr 10 by Nov77

Or they have a different opinion to you.

No, they don't know much about football. They're wrong. Like you are on this thread. It's nothing to do with opinions, you're just wrong Nov. Sorry. It's ok, I've been wrong about stuff before. Just not this. Stop getting hysterical about it!

Bare bones.

Jamie Mackie on 14:46 - Apr 10 with 1169 viewsdoogi55

maclie was ok nothing special i did like him.
didnt he ask for a transfer
Jamie Mackie on 14:54 - Apr 10 with 1154 viewsNov77

Jamie Mackie on 14:37 - Apr 10 by Antti_Heinola

No, they don't know much about football. They're wrong. Like you are on this thread. It's nothing to do with opinions, you're just wrong Nov. Sorry. It's ok, I've been wrong about stuff before. Just not this. Stop getting hysterical about it!

that's pretty patronising! Just one question, how many times have you seen Mackie play in the flesh?

Jamie Mackie on 15:17 - Apr 10 with 1130 viewsPunteR

Jamie Mackie on 14:54 - Apr 10 by Nov77

that's pretty patronising! Just one question, how many times have you seen Mackie play in the flesh?

I loved Mackie. Gutted he left. I can't believe anyone thinking Mackie leaving was a good idea.
I enjoyed supporting Rangers with Mackie in the side.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jamie Mackie on 15:24 - Apr 10 with 1115 viewsTacticalR

I saw him earlier in the season against Charlton, and at the time he was struggling:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/90790/mackie-watch

It will be interesting to see him on Saturday.

Air hostess clique

Jamie Mackie on 15:27 - Apr 10 with 1109 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Mackie on 14:54 - Apr 10 by Nov77

It was supposed to be patronising - a bit like how you were patronising to Clive earlier in this thread when you accused him of being like a 'hysterical schoolgirl' - this is the guy that works his a$$ off for us each and every week to run this place that you so enjoy posting on. Some might think you deserved it.

And I watched probably 70%-80% of the games Mackie played for us. And saw most of the 18 league goals he got in 66 starts and 19 sub appearances. In terms of time spent on the pitch, that's probably a goal every four games. Mainly from playing right wing. What we wouldn't give for that ratio from anyone in our team apart from Charlie this season!

Bare bones.

Jamie Mackie on 15:39 - Apr 10 with 1092 viewsstuabd

Is he a good championship player? YES
Would we have been better with him? YES
Was he a committed player? YES
Was it difficult for him to find a top tier championship team who did want him? NO

It was a ridiculous decision to let him go, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new manager next season that he ends up back here at some point.
Jamie Mackie on 15:49 - Apr 10 with 1079 viewsNov77

Jamie Mackie on 15:27 - Apr 10 by Antti_Heinola

It was supposed to be patronising - a bit like how you were patronising to Clive earlier in this thread when you accused him of being like a 'hysterical schoolgirl' - this is the guy that works his a$$ off for us each and every week to run this place that you so enjoy posting on. Some might think you deserved it.

And I watched probably 70%-80% of the games Mackie played for us. And saw most of the 18 league goals he got in 66 starts and 19 sub appearances. In terms of time spent on the pitch, that's probably a goal every four games. Mainly from playing right wing. What we wouldn't give for that ratio from anyone in our team apart from Charlie this season!

Please don't deliberately misrepresent me, my exact words were 'your post is hysterical'. I attacked the content of his post, not the person.

I'll ask you again, how many times have you paid money and watched mackie in the flesh, not on a dodgy stream?

why do you think your opinion is more valid than others?

Jamie Mackie on 15:56 - Apr 10 with 1067 viewsPunteR

Jamie Mackie on 15:49 - Apr 10 by Nov77

Please don't deliberately misrepresent me, my exact words were 'your post is hysterical'. I attacked the content of his post, not the person.

I'll ask you again, how many times have you paid money and watched mackie in the flesh, not on a dodgy stream?

why do you think your opinion is more valid than others?

Does he play differently on a stream then in real life? He's definitely better looking in real life.... So my wife says

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024