Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Mackie 21:16 - Apr 9 with 13597 viewsMarshy

Looking forward to seeing him on Saturday. Just wish it would still be in a hooped shirt!

Why we had to sell a player like Mackie, and replace him with some of the dross we've signed and taken on loan is beyond me.
Jamie Mackie on 09:39 - Apr 10 with 1506 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie on 09:18 - Apr 10 by Jamie

Mackie gave BAE a torrid time in the PL when we beat Spurs at LR. BAE was even hooked for Rose.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 9:20]

Nah, never happened.
Jamie Mackie on 09:40 - Apr 10 with 1506 viewsNathanNI

The selling of Jamie Mackie sums us up as a club at the minute.

Forget people that care and have pride in their work, bring in some big name that can further the airline business.

Club's rotten. How I can love and hate something with equivalent zeal is a revelation.
Jamie Mackie on 09:41 - Apr 10 with 1500 viewsJamie

Jamie Mackie on 22:11 - Apr 9 by daveB

at the time it seemed the right thing to do to sell him, he wasn't playing and asked to go so made sense. I don't think the move has really worked out for him or us in hindsight, shame really but always wish him well

You've cleverly avoided a step there.

It was the right thing to do to sell him because he wasn't playing and wanted to go.

However, he wanted to go because he was told he wouldn't get games. Which is, and as was loudly said at the time a diabolical decision.
Jamie Mackie on 09:53 - Apr 10 with 1487 viewstoboboly

Jamie Mackie on 02:51 - Apr 10 by Nov77

Here we go again, let's nail this once and for all, of all the forwards and midfielders on our books last season, only Mbia, adel and Granero started more games than Mackie, so how can you say we didn't give him first team football here? He was given more game time than his performances deserved.

We didn't 'get rid' of him, he put in a written transfer request.

Your post is hysterical, like a schoolgirl whose been told that actually Justin bieber isn't very talented.

Bet you're glad that AJ, Zamora, Hoilett, SWP, Keane, Maiga have all stepped up. So much better than Mackie.

Sections of our fans are complete vvankers.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Jamie Mackie on 09:56 - Apr 10 with 1480 viewsessextaxiboy

Jamie Mackie on 09:18 - Apr 10 by Jamie

Mackie gave BAE a torrid time in the PL when we beat Spurs at LR. BAE was even hooked for Rose.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 9:20]

I put motivated in there twice , you must have missed both ....
Jamie Mackie on 10:06 - Apr 10 with 1457 viewsJamie

Jamie Mackie on 09:56 - Apr 10 by essextaxiboy

I put motivated in there twice , you must have missed both ....

He was starting LB in a PL Top. 4 club, with his beloved Arry in charge and Bale ahead of him on the wing.

If he wasn't motivated that day, when the fck is he ever motivated?
Jamie Mackie on 10:09 - Apr 10 with 1453 viewsTacticalR

Mackie!

Air hostess clique

Jamie Mackie on 10:15 - Apr 10 with 1435 viewslondonscottish

Jamie Mackie on 09:18 - Apr 10 by gigiisourgod

... Walking in a Mackie wonderland...

Second only to wild thing for effort in a blue and white shirt.

I miss that song :-(

(and not in a hysterical way)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Mackie on 10:20 - Apr 10 with 1420 views00calben

Those saying he was sold because he put in a transfer request clearly have an extremely limited knowledge of how football transfers work.

Unless you put in a transfer request you (the player) are entitled to a percentage of the transfer fee (commonly 10% in usual contracts). It's called a 'Loyalty Bonus' (laughable I know). Prime examples are our very own Joey Barton's transfer from Man City to Newcastle, where Newcastle ended up paying an extra £300k on top of the transfer fee agreed, to City who then paid it to Barton.

Mackie was entitled a % of the fee which QPR refused to pay (i.e. accept a lower figure than the asking price) and Forest refused to increase (i.e. pay a higher figure than the asking price). So he handed in a transfer request to waive that fee and get his wish of first team football.

Typical Mackie - putting football ahead of money.
Typical some of our fans on this board - talking absolute nonsense and believing the PR spin put on the official website by Redknapp and Fernandes. Laughable really that people - even after almost 3 years of this sh^t - still cannot see through it.
Jamie Mackie on 10:26 - Apr 10 with 1407 viewsconnell10

id go as far to say that charlie wouldnt have broken down this season with mackie beside him sharing the work load! austin was thrashed to death this season by not having any supporting attackers and having to work his boolox off for his 15 goals! mackie getting sold was a disgrace and if you think im a hysterical little girl then fock ya! WHERES MY MUMMY!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jamie Mackie on 10:33 - Apr 10 with 1397 viewsMytch_QPR

For what it's worth, my view on Mackie is that he is a tireless worker - often without an end product. However, this still brings a positive to the team as he draws defenders towards him and generally upsets defences by running at them, thus giving other potential strikers more space. I can't comment on his personal motives, as I've never met him.
We would have been a stronger team with him in it this season, even as a sub coming on to change the style of play when we're running into blind alleys.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Jamie Mackie on 10:34 - Apr 10 with 1384 viewsJigsore

>people want QPR to be a team that gives 100% every game, doesn't stop running, cares for the club. They'd rather have a club that was dabbling in midtable for a while rather than a playoff push with our current side and manager. That is fine.

this is Jamie Mackie (insert Redknapp's "11 JMs" quote)

>Jamie Mackie is sold to a playoff rival. Some people (and I warrant a few of the same people) not only accept this but they concur. JM is a Championship level player and not good enough they say, seemingly oblivious to the fact that
a) We ARE in the Championship
b) He did pretty f*cking ok last time round
c) He was probably one of the only players to come out of our time in the Premier League with any credit (hence he was one of the only ones we sold)

Well christ, you're easy to please aren't you? So all we're looking for now is a team of 11 JMs, who aren't JM. Could the reason 'arry flogged him possibly be because he wasn't one of 'arry's men? He was pretty keen to get rid of Derry as well after all. JM is under 30 too so I suppose there's that to consider.

Nah. Whichever way you look at it we cocked up bigtime. In hindsight it's indefensible. That irritating 'right sort rhetoric' was just empty nonsense from our overzealous PR team.

JM is the archetypal right sort. The fact he left instead of sitting on the bench surrounded by half a dozen loan players picking up his weekly paypacket is proof of that. This isn't even about his ability as a player anymore, this is about the hypocrisy and continuing failure of our club to pursue a long term strategy. Another wasted season.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Jamie Mackie on 10:39 - Apr 10 with 1383 viewspaulparker

IMHO for whats its worth is maybe just maybe Mackie had enough of Rangers
hated the tvvats at the club and Bagpuss as manger
he could see the club stinks and when you see Boothroyd & Zamora start a head of you the writing is most definitely on the wall
expect a fired up Mackie to take BAE to the cleaners

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jamie Mackie on 10:50 - Apr 10 with 1361 viewsJamie

Jamie Mackie on 10:26 - Apr 10 by connell10

id go as far to say that charlie wouldnt have broken down this season with mackie beside him sharing the work load! austin was thrashed to death this season by not having any supporting attackers and having to work his boolox off for his 15 goals! mackie getting sold was a disgrace and if you think im a hysterical little girl then fock ya! WHERES MY MUMMY!

Whilst I adore Mackie, it's a big much to say Austin wouldn't have gotten injured. He went up for a header and landed awkwardly popping his already questionable shoulder. It could've happened in Game 1 or Game 46 of the season.
Jamie Mackie on 11:37 - Apr 10 with 1324 viewsderbyhoop

Jamie Mackie on 22:11 - Apr 9 by daveB

at the time it seemed the right thing to do to sell him, he wasn't playing and asked to go so made sense. I don't think the move has really worked out for him or us in hindsight, shame really but always wish him well

He wanted regular first team football. He wasn't going to get it with us. He might made 20 appearances, mostly from the bench. Once he knew that he submitted / was asked to submit a transfer request.

Also we needed to cut costs and he was one of the few players from last season who could command a fee and where the buying club wasn't going to offer a massive wage cut.

He's gone. Get over it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jamie Mackie on 11:45 - Apr 10 with 1231 viewsStanisgod

Jamie Mackie on 01:44 - Apr 10 by Northernr

It didn't seem the right thing to do at the time, and with the benefit of hindsight it was a fcking ridiculous thing to do.

"He wasn't playing at the time" is a Redknapp excuse, as if somebody else wasn't picking him. Mackie moved to play first team football. The disgraceful thing is we didn't give him it here. Who, last season or this, is better than him at QPR in that position? Another unforgivable, indefensible, festering turd of a decision made by our football club and, astonishingly, defended by a section of our support.

It's a disgrace he's not still here. A total fcking disgrace.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I wish I'd wrote that. Says it all.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Jamie Mackie on 11:46 - Apr 10 with 1230 viewsNov77

Jamie Mackie on 10:39 - Apr 10 by paulparker

IMHO for whats its worth is maybe just maybe Mackie had enough of Rangers
hated the tvvats at the club and Bagpuss as manger
he could see the club stinks and when you see Boothroyd & Zamora start a head of you the writing is most definitely on the wall
expect a fired up Mackie to take BAE to the cleaners

Bothroyd and Zamora didn't start ahead of him.

Only adel, Granero and Mbia STARTED more games than mackie last season (out of the forwards and midfielders).

If a fact doesn't support your prior conclusion might as well ignore it ay?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Jamie Mackie on 11:53 - Apr 10 with 1220 viewsNeil_SI

Jamie Mackie should have never been sold, it's as simple as that. He was a far better player than anybody gave him credit for, despite his flaws, and he epitomised every basic you want to see in a footballer as your club — someone who works hard and gives 100% on and off the pitch for his club, and who wore the shirt with pride.

He had a great desire to improve himself, but he was aware of his limitations as well, which is an asset a lot of others don't have.

The right sort? Come on, it's staring you in the face here. The perfect QPR player, the perfect player for our situation and scenario. Signed with a point to prove, and proved it, and earned his shot in the Premier League and actually did a remarkable job.

But again, a player who seemed loyal, probably happy to stay in the event of relegation and willing to fight it out to get back up, a player who is proven at Championship level, in terms of the amount of matches played, the performances he's given and the goals he scored... and guess what, proven, despite what people believe, in the Premier League too... two years experience at that level.

And in the main, a fans favourite, a player who could get the crowd on board to help the rest of the team, which is another important attribute he had that often managers and clubs overlook.

On top of all that, I bet his salary was very reasonable in comparison to others as well. Everything fit perfectly — he had a platform here where he could grow and improve, and that he would have been afforded the time and patience by supporters to try and do it, because the respect we had for everything else he did and how well and how right he did those things.

I just don't understand why he was sold. It made no sense. I was so upset at the time. I still am now.

My annoyance this season boils down to this match on Saturday. I'm disappointed because I've not got the chance to give him the ovation he truly deserves as I'm away, and sadly I had looked forward to that more than anything we've delivered.
Jamie Mackie on 12:10 - Apr 10 with 1194 viewsessextaxiboy

Jamie Mackie on 10:06 - Apr 10 by Jamie

He was starting LB in a PL Top. 4 club, with his beloved Arry in charge and Bale ahead of him on the wing.

If he wasn't motivated that day, when the fck is he ever motivated?

I dont know but he has certainly got two levels of performance .

Oh and he was subbed because of a dislocated shoulder .
Jamie Mackie on 12:21 - Apr 10 with 1179 viewspaulparker

Jamie Mackie on 11:46 - Apr 10 by Nov77

Bothroyd and Zamora didn't start ahead of him.

Only adel, Granero and Mbia STARTED more games than mackie last season (out of the forwards and midfielders).

If a fact doesn't support your prior conclusion might as well ignore it ay?

look it up !!!! Mackie never started the games against
reading
Liverpool
Newcastle
Stoke
Everton
Villa
games we didn't win and if you look it up either Zamora or Boothroyd started a head of Mackie, yes we had Townsend , but if your Mackie collecting splinters on your a rse
and seeing some of the s hit that starts a head of you then you are going to get the hump

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jamie Mackie on 12:28 - Apr 10 with 1163 viewsilovegambling

Mackie useless. Totally dedicated but so am i at getting the best looking bird in a nightclub. NO END PRODUCT simple.
Jamie Mackie on 12:31 - Apr 10 with 1151 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jamie Mackie on 11:53 - Apr 10 by Neil_SI

Jamie Mackie should have never been sold, it's as simple as that. He was a far better player than anybody gave him credit for, despite his flaws, and he epitomised every basic you want to see in a footballer as your club — someone who works hard and gives 100% on and off the pitch for his club, and who wore the shirt with pride.

He had a great desire to improve himself, but he was aware of his limitations as well, which is an asset a lot of others don't have.

The right sort? Come on, it's staring you in the face here. The perfect QPR player, the perfect player for our situation and scenario. Signed with a point to prove, and proved it, and earned his shot in the Premier League and actually did a remarkable job.

But again, a player who seemed loyal, probably happy to stay in the event of relegation and willing to fight it out to get back up, a player who is proven at Championship level, in terms of the amount of matches played, the performances he's given and the goals he scored... and guess what, proven, despite what people believe, in the Premier League too... two years experience at that level.

And in the main, a fans favourite, a player who could get the crowd on board to help the rest of the team, which is another important attribute he had that often managers and clubs overlook.

On top of all that, I bet his salary was very reasonable in comparison to others as well. Everything fit perfectly — he had a platform here where he could grow and improve, and that he would have been afforded the time and patience by supporters to try and do it, because the respect we had for everything else he did and how well and how right he did those things.

I just don't understand why he was sold. It made no sense. I was so upset at the time. I still am now.

My annoyance this season boils down to this match on Saturday. I'm disappointed because I've not got the chance to give him the ovation he truly deserves as I'm away, and sadly I had looked forward to that more than anything we've delivered.

All of this and I'll add my old mantra that the breaking up of the Hill-Derry-Mackie triumvirate must have killd our dressing room and the positive self-governing ethos it undoubtedly had.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamie Mackie on 12:43 - Apr 10 with 1129 viewsMarshy

Jamie Mackie on 12:28 - Apr 10 by ilovegambling

Mackie useless. Totally dedicated but so am i at getting the best looking bird in a nightclub. NO END PRODUCT simple.

If Mackie was / is useless. What does that say about the likes of Keane, Hoilett, Zamora, Maiga, Jenas, Carroll. The list goes on. I know who I'd rather have!
Jamie Mackie on 12:47 - Apr 10 with 1115 viewsW7Ranger

Jamie Mackie on 11:53 - Apr 10 by Neil_SI

Absolutely spot on Neil.

The fact some people seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against a player who comes out with more credit than a huge percentage of the 50 odd players we've had over the last 3 years I find quite staggering really! Not forgetting he came back from a horrific injury, missing the first two months of the season back in the prem, and still managed 7 goals, only bettered by HH who got 8!

I would have him in our team over the majority of players we have in our squad in a heartbeat!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 12:58]
Jamie Mackie on 13:03 - Apr 10 with 1078 viewskropotkin41

I'd take having JM in our team, playing and giving 100% every week if he reflected the attitude of the team and the manager, over where we are now and how it feels. F*ck where we are now and f*ck Harry Redknapp.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024