Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Mackie 21:16 - Apr 9 with 13596 viewsMarshy

Looking forward to seeing him on Saturday. Just wish it would still be in a hooped shirt!

Why we had to sell a player like Mackie, and replace him with some of the dross we've signed and taken on loan is beyond me.
Jamie Mackie on 10:33 - Apr 11 with 2377 viewsdaveB

problem was Redknapp had his eye on a quicker right winger so was after Townsend and ended up with Phillips. Mackie wasn't prepared to sit in the reserves which you can't blame him for so was the right thing to sell him. Shame as I did love the bloke but can see why they did it
Jamie Mackie on 17:14 - Apr 11 with 2303 viewsPhilmyRs

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, and I can see both arguments.

Jamie Mackie was a Footballer lacking in ‘natural talent’. He didn’t have a range of tricks and his first touch often let him down during games. I could even see the logic in selling him (as long as the price was a good one) and the intention was to bring in more talented, younger players. There is an argument to say had Matt Phillips stayed fit and cemented his place as part of a front 3, and a younger player, be it Petrasso or someone else, took on more responsibility this season, you could (to some degree) understand Harry’s thought process. That’s not what’s happened though, and we’ve been far worse as a result of Jamie Mackie not being available.

With the exception of Simpson, Faurlin, Phillips, Austin, Hill, Nedium, Morrison and reluctantly Barton, I’d take Jamie Mackie above every other player that’s played for us this season . So many times this season Mackie’s enthusiasm and drive would have benefited us. Those slow pedestrian starts that have come to define us, where we tippy tap the ball in our own half, making minimal progress, would have been less frequent. Just by JM being on the pitch would have seen to that. His intensity and speed at closing people down, his never say die attitude would have got everyone going. Throw into the fact we’re only playing in the Championship this year, he’s a good age, and no decent alternatives were lined up, even JM’s harshest critic must admit it was a poor piece of business by Harry.
Jamie Mackie on 17:31 - Apr 11 with 2298 viewsTacticalR

Messageboard meltdown if Mackie scores on Saturday?

Air hostess clique

Jamie Mackie on 17:58 - Apr 11 with 2271 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Mackie on 10:33 - Apr 11 by daveB

problem was Redknapp had his eye on a quicker right winger so was after Townsend and ended up with Phillips. Mackie wasn't prepared to sit in the reserves which you can't blame him for so was the right thing to sell him. Shame as I did love the bloke but can see why they did it

I think the problem dave was that it seems Mackie wouldn't have been given a fair shake - he was told he'd 'hardly ever play' no matter how well he did when called upon. I think that's pretty poor - and the fact is, he can play several positions and do a decent job. It was a mad decision to sell him - a bit arrogant if you ask me, which no one is ;)

Bare bones.

Jamie Mackie on 17:21 - Apr 12 with 2168 viewsresurrectedlambourn

thought he played like lionel messi today why did we ever sell?
Jamie Mackie on 17:29 - Apr 12 with 2135 viewsNov77

"Mackie moved to play first team football. The disgraceful thing is we didn't give him it here. Who, last season or this, is better than him at QPR in that position? Another unforgivable, indefensible, festering turd of a decision made by our football club and, astonishingly, defended by a section of our support.

It's a disgrace he's not still here. A total fcking disgrace. "

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Jamie Mackie on 17:33 - Apr 12 with 2111 viewsessextaxiboy

He touched the ball no more than 25 times in the whole game . In Ekottos pocket first half . Went central 2nd half , couple of knock downs and thats it . Gone backwards on todays showing , still runs like a baby elephant and looked a bit more lardy than when he went .
Jamie Mackie on 17:40 - Apr 12 with 2093 viewsNov77

I feel no need to comment on Jamie's performance today as inactions speak louder than words.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Mackie on 18:24 - Apr 12 with 2024 viewsresurrectedlambourn

Jamie Mackie on 17:40 - Apr 12 by Nov77

I feel no need to comment on Jamie's performance today as inactions speak louder than words.

Lol but who would you compare him to? Robben, Messi, Ronaldo or Ozil? Some people on here know a great footballer when they see one thats for sure. When clint goes we will here the same as if he is Paulo Maldini or Tony Adams.
Jamie Mackie on 19:31 - Apr 12 with 1924 viewsPunteR

Jamie Mackie on 18:24 - Apr 12 by resurrectedlambourn

Lol but who would you compare him to? Robben, Messi, Ronaldo or Ozil? Some people on here know a great footballer when they see one thats for sure. When clint goes we will here the same as if he is Paulo Maldini or Tony Adams.

Terry Fenwick?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jamie Mackie on 20:45 - Apr 12 with 1809 viewsMarshy

As expected he got a fantastic reception from the Rangers fans at the game today. I can't remember another player getting that much applause on a return to Loftus Road. Thankfully it wasn't a vintage Mackie performance, and it didn't spoil our party.
Jamie Mackie on 20:50 - Apr 12 with 1795 viewsRblockPrior

Was horrible seeing Mackie playing against us today, is do anything to have him back playing for us

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Jamie Mackie on 21:10 - Apr 12 with 1743 viewsJonDoeman

Perfect . Some love & respect was shown to Jamie, & then he left a loser.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 21:12]

It Is What It Is !!

Jamie Mackie on 21:12 - Apr 12 with 1732 viewsJonDoeman

Jamie Mackie on 23:04 - Apr 9 by ted_hendrix

Bollox to Jamie Mackie and Forest.

It Is What It Is !!

Jamie Mackie on 22:00 - Apr 12 with 1660 viewsQPR_John

Jamie Mackie on 20:45 - Apr 12 by Marshy

As expected he got a fantastic reception from the Rangers fans at the game today. I can't remember another player getting that much applause on a return to Loftus Road. Thankfully it wasn't a vintage Mackie performance, and it didn't spoil our party.

Les Ferdinand
Jamie Mackie on 22:02 - Apr 12 with 1646 viewsessextaxiboy

Lee Cook
Jamie Mackie on 22:03 - Apr 12 with 1640 viewsresurrectedlambourn

Jamie Mackie on 22:00 - Apr 12 by QPR_John

Les Ferdinand

+1 this mackie nonsense has to stop he is useless and will never feature in top football again after forest he will be non league again.
Jamie Mackie on 22:04 - Apr 12 with 1635 viewsJigsore

the cackling hyenas are coming out in droves but today changed nothing said earlier in this thread.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Jamie Mackie on 22:38 - Apr 12 with 1586 viewsessextaxiboy

Jamie Mackie on 20:50 - Apr 12 by RblockPrior

Was horrible seeing Mackie playing against us today, is do anything to have him back playing for us

Why?

He hardly got a kick against a moody fullback in the first half and an overweight old boy who is knackered after 40 odd games.in the second.
Jamie Mackie on 23:45 - Apr 12 with 1512 viewsMrNITK

And who would of guessed what knobs would of come on here gloating after Mackie had a quiet game. F@ckin hell that Charlie Austin Sh!t as well!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 23:48]
Jamie Mackie on 08:03 - Apr 13 with 1369 viewsLowerloftLad

Jamie Mackie on 23:45 - Apr 12 by MrNITK

And who would of guessed what knobs would of come on here gloating after Mackie had a quiet game. F@ckin hell that Charlie Austin Sh!t as well!

Makie did nothing today time for everyone to get over this he is gone I was gutted blackstock was not playing when you see makie up top today and there back four was a shambles I turned to my dad and said will hit them for four or five today
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 8:04]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Jamie Mackie on 10:19 - Apr 13 with 1286 viewsdaveB

Jamie Mackie on 23:45 - Apr 12 by MrNITK

and i'm sure if he'd scored or played well no one would have come on and gloated about how good he is and how stupid redknapp is for selling him
Jamie Mackie on 11:35 - Apr 13 with 1234 viewsTacticalR

I would like to thank Mackie personally for not playing against us yesterday.

Air hostess clique

Jamie Mackie on 11:50 - Apr 13 with 1213 viewsstevenagehoop

Trouble is Mackie's strength is also his weakness. He was not good enough to earn a first team place as a winger, striker,midfielder or full back but he could cover those positions. What he did have was enthusiasm and an engine which is why he will always divide opinion. In reality if the right players had been brought in and people like Phillips had stayed fit it would have been the right time for him to have moved on for his own sake in getting regular games. Forest have also had there fair share of injuries this season and it would have been interesting to see if he would have played so many games for them and more importantly where.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Jamie Mackie on 23:39 - Apr 13 with 1196 viewsMrNITK

Jamie Mackie on 10:19 - Apr 13 by daveB

and i'm sure if he'd scored or played well no one would have come on and gloated about how good he is and how stupid redknapp is for selling him

I wouldn't of Dave. The point I was really trying to make was you can't judge him on one poor game. Austin was poor. Don't sit on that fence. You've replied to my post that would suggest to me your not a fan of his?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024