Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Transfer Targets 16:45 - May 25 with 33046 viewseghamranger

TF and HR have apparently had this conversation.

Who would you like? Or is anyone itk?

Realistic only. When asked about Remy on SSN he did a politicians answer and said the circs have no changed....is that cos we got promoted, would love to keep him and play Austin and him upfront.
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:43 - May 25 with 3077 viewsWeaverQPR

Le Fondre?

@WeavQPR

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:49 - May 25 with 3077 viewspaulparker

If we keep the spine and add 4-5 good signings then we will be ok
we need another cb, a fullback, midfielder and a couple of strikers
we still have Phillips & Ali to come back as well& i would keep Benny rather than nico

CB's & fullbacks worth looking at
Caulker
Bassong
Dawson (WBA)
Boyce & Perch
Guliavogui (st ettiene)
Bertrand
whittingham

Mid
Holtby
Redmond
Chalobha (chelsea)
Forrest (celtic)
Townsend
Powell (man utd)
will Hughes

If Tony is being ambitious why not go for Douglas Costa Or Alex Texeria
both from spartack, they are world beaters and we could sell on for a huge profit if they prove themselves

Strikers

Hooper
Defoe (loan move in Jan)
Vela (real sociedad)
florin thauvin (marseille)
Morrison

i expect us to shift out Adel, Remy, Granero, possibly ceaser
i would also bye,bye & thanks to
Oneil
Bobby Z
Nico
Doyle
Keane
Mariga
LTC
SWP
BAE

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:51 - May 25 with 3068 viewsGetMeRangers

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:43 - May 25 by WeaverQPR

Le Fondre?

There certainly seems to be some friction there at the Fakes. It was quite odd that he was being benched even though being their top scorer for much of the season
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:51 - May 25 with 3064 viewsTacticalR

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:32 - May 25 by 08olesen

Arsene Wenger made him captain of a champions league team, and so im sure he is quite a capable defender. Kompany made a clearance to Coutinho vs Liverpool and they scored does that make him a bad defender?

Even Wenger, a man uninterested in defence, has dropped Vermaelen. It really doesn't matter whether Vermaelen was the 'captain of champions league team', any more than it matters that Bosingwa won a Champions League medal in 2012 or that SWP played for England in 2010.

Air hostess clique

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:53 - May 25 with 3049 viewsWeaverQPR

Tom Ince is on a freemans now I think.

@WeavQPR

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:57 - May 25 with 3039 viewsbarbicanranger

James Vaughan? - seem to remember him being pretty hot in the championship, not sure what happened towards the end of the season? Injured?

In all honesty, regards strikers - I would take remy back - pair him with austin and you have a nice combo. Don't think he ever lacked the right attitude on the pitch for us and boy can he score.
Potential Transfer Targets on 20:01 - May 25 with 3020 views08olesen

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:49 - May 25 by paulparker

If we keep the spine and add 4-5 good signings then we will be ok
we need another cb, a fullback, midfielder and a couple of strikers
we still have Phillips & Ali to come back as well& i would keep Benny rather than nico

CB's & fullbacks worth looking at
Caulker
Bassong
Dawson (WBA)
Boyce & Perch
Guliavogui (st ettiene)
Bertrand
whittingham

Mid
Holtby
Redmond
Chalobha (chelsea)
Forrest (celtic)
Townsend
Powell (man utd)
will Hughes

If Tony is being ambitious why not go for Douglas Costa Or Alex Texeria
both from spartack, they are world beaters and we could sell on for a huge profit if they prove themselves

Strikers

Hooper
Defoe (loan move in Jan)
Vela (real sociedad)
florin thauvin (marseille)
Morrison

i expect us to shift out Adel, Remy, Granero, possibly ceaser
i would also bye,bye & thanks to
Oneil
Bobby Z
Nico
Doyle
Keane
Mariga
LTC
SWP
BAE

Vela and Thauvin, has the club got a spare 30 million quid i dont know about.

Good shout on the two fellas from Shahktar though. Texeria looked decent when i saw him against Utd (i think). He was absolutely rapid and caused a lot of problems for the CBs. Although Musa from CSKA would be my option from eastern football, he has got some serious wheels.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Potential Transfer Targets on 20:07 - May 25 with 3000 viewsNW5Hoop

Well, what positions do we need? Look at our starting line-up of players who we actually own and expect to be at the club …

GK — fine with Green
RB - fine with Simpson
LB - would like to think Young or Traore would be OK, but not convinced. Clint clearly not suited for this in the PL.
CB 1 - fine with Onouha
CB 2 - we learned before that Clint hasn't got the legs for the PL. And I don't think Dunne has either.

Hard bit now is whether he wants to play 2-3 or flat 4 in midfield.
In a 2-3 … I think we would probably need two players for the deep-lying roles. Who knows if Ale will be half the player he was. Barton's not right for this role. Granero could be, but doubts remain. Can't think of anyone else on the books. The three is fine with Phillips, Hoilet and Barton, assuming Hoilet can actually finally build on his promise.

If it's a flat four, I would say we definitely need one signing to complete a starting 11, to go with the three named above, and preferably someone who could play a much-yonger-Shaun-Derry role.

Upfront … Yes, we need someone. I hope Charlie isn't just a Championship bully, but there's been no shortage of players in recent years who can score for fun lower down but struggle in the PL.

So, for starting line-up alone, we need four or five players, I fear. Then think about the bench …

Got to say, I am worried.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential Transfer Targets on 20:14 - May 25 with 2981 viewsbarbicanranger

Potential Transfer Targets on 20:07 - May 25 by NW5Hoop

Well, what positions do we need? Look at our starting line-up of players who we actually own and expect to be at the club …

GK — fine with Green
RB - fine with Simpson
LB - would like to think Young or Traore would be OK, but not convinced. Clint clearly not suited for this in the PL.
CB 1 - fine with Onouha
CB 2 - we learned before that Clint hasn't got the legs for the PL. And I don't think Dunne has either.

In a 2-3 … I think we would probably need two players for the deep-lying roles. Who knows if Ale will be half the player he was. Barton's not right for this role. Granero could be, but doubts remain. Can't think of anyone else on the books. The three is fine with Phillips, Hoilet and Barton, assuming Hoilet can actually finally build on his promise.

If it's a flat four, I would say we definitely need one signing to complete a starting 11, to go with the three named above, and preferably someone who could play a much-yonger-Shaun-Derry role.

Upfront … Yes, we need someone. I hope Charlie isn't just a Championship bully, but there's been no shortage of players in recent years who can score for fun lower down but struggle in the PL.

So, for starting line-up alone, we need four or five players, I fear. Then think about the bench …

Decent analysis.

I think Charlie will score goals in the prem because apart from that one long ranger he is more of poacher and I think that applies to all levels of the game. That said I doubt he'll be as prolific as he has been in the lower leagues because he'll be playing for a struggling premier league side against better defenders. A striker really is key to survival and even though he wanted to jump ship we know that Remy can and will score goals at this level.
Potential Transfer Targets on 20:14 - May 25 with 2981 viewsGetMeRangers

Potential Transfer Targets on 20:07 - May 25 by NW5Hoop

GK — fine with Green
RB - fine with Simpson
CB 1 - fine with Onouha

Just on the case of the GK. How are they going to handle Green, out of contract vs Julio, "I am here till I get everything my contract owes me"
Potential Transfer Targets on 20:19 - May 25 with 2971 viewsthame_hoops

Michael Bradley the USA midfielder, he's going to be excellent in the World Cup
Potential Transfer Targets on 20:19 - May 25 with 2968 viewskysersosaqpr

Why don't we really go for it and bid for the ac Milan target Taraabt, and the Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham target Remy?
Hang about............!?!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Potential Transfer Targets on 20:24 - May 25 with 2952 viewsrsonist

Agreed on Harriot and Odubajo (Pringle looked great today too) but also agreed it's not likely. Think HR will find a punt on Townsend hard to resist if we're talking wingers. Jordan Ibe from Liverpool on loan? Victor Moses?

Big fan of Holtby. Sigurdsson might be available too, hasn't shown his best at Spurs. One player that hasn't been mentioned that I would put a bid in immediately for is Jordon Mutch at Cardiff - young, powerful, creative. Henri Lansbury at Forest also looks to be coming of age. Cousins and Poyet at Charlton are more promising young driving players we won't go for. Adam Forshaw from Brentford would be splendid trolling.

Thorne was very good. Emyr Huws at City might also be a good loan in midfield. If West Brom want to keep Thorne then Yacob and Mulumbu are worth asking about, particularly the latter. Maybe Joey can pull some strings for Amalfitano?

Defence-wise I think Caulker will go back to Spurs cut-price and I heard Newcastle are in for Cresswell. Could mean Dawson is available, Dunne mark 2 there basically. Hard to know what sort of state Micah Richards is in these days having not played for so long - bit of a gamble. If we did get one declining big name on a free in then Lescott would probably be a good one. If Rio fancies a pay-as-you play then why not, won't spoil the dressing room. Maybe Martin Kelly at Liverpool? Neil Taylor was a good prospect at Swansea before his injury.

Up front, Hooper is a good shout - if he was good enough for us the last five years he's still good enough now, and here's our chance (unless Lennon takes the WBA job). Think he'd fit in well. Rhodes will always be expensive - Assombalonga too. Can't argue with McCormack's stats recently but he's never quite convinced me - might be available for cheap though. Callum Wilson and Luke James would be worth snapping up for the future.

Above all, whatever we do should be measured and deliberate and not rock the boat.
Potential Transfer Targets on 20:53 - May 25 with 2892 viewsWadR

Really agree with those who mention Thorne, who I thought was quality yesterday, and Odubajo. Odubajo's only 20, can play anywhere on the right hand-side. Young, not too expensive cover for both Phillips and Simpson. Has a very good engine so would work if we played with wingbacks. Cresswell's a good shout too, but probably going to a bigger team.

Adam Forshaw would be a good, versatile midfielder to sign. Probably not quite ready to start in the Premier League.

Players I've either seen this season and thought were good, or that may be decent signings and reasonably cheap:

Kenneth Omeruo or Nathaniel Chalobah or Bamford from Chelsea, most likely loans
Shane Duffy (everton)
I thought Caolan Lavery ripped us apart when we played Sheff Wed and he might be a decent signing
Diego Poyet (Charlton)
Steve Cook (Bournemouth)
Tommy Smith (Ipswich)
McCarthy or Williams or McCleary (Reading)
Joe Mason or Mutch or Noone (Cardiff)
Bryson (Derby)
MacArthur or Gomez (Wigan)
Deeney
Olsson (Norwich)
Potential Transfer Targets on 21:22 - May 25 with 2846 viewsVancouverHoop

Potential Transfer Targets on 20:19 - May 25 by thame_hoops

Michael Bradley the USA midfielder, he's going to be excellent in the World Cup

Bradley's on £3.55 million a year with Toronto, that's more than Jermain Defoe. He's not coming here.
Potential Transfer Targets on 22:12 - May 25 with 2785 viewsonlyrinmoray

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:42 - May 25 by stevec

The only thing that worries me a bit after our last escapade in the Premier was Magath describing Holtby at Fulham as not a fighter. Never been sure if clubs look hard enough at the mental strength/fragility of potential signings.

Holtby would be a great signing Always been impressed with him at Spurs and Fulham He plays as if he cares

Grabban has gone to Cardiff
Potential Transfer Targets on 22:50 - May 25 with 2730 viewsPhilmyRs

I've said it before but we need to be careful in our financial dealings. Yes we've been fcked over by players that are in their 30s, played for so called bigger clubs and earned decent money, but that shouldn't scar us. We can't go from one extreme to the other and just go for the supposedly hungry, young lower league player. Gregory Goodridge, Simon Osbourne, Paul Murray (although always liked him) Ned Zelic, Lee Charles and JurgenSommer lacked prem experience and look what happened. Even fcking old man Hately hadn't played premiership and failed. Point being, players that know what the premiership is about can be useful even if they are in their 30s. Ray Wilkins, captain of Chelsea at a young age, played for utd and England and ended up with us in his twilight years. Hes one of my all time favourite Rangers players and was bloody good. If your over 30 and been around the block lets not right you off straight away. It's a balancing act between youth and enthusiasm and experience. Lets get it right this time.
Potential Transfer Targets on 00:38 - May 26 with 2645 viewsHollowayRanger

must try to sign players with sell on value

must try to sign players on contracts were they have to take a cut if religated /but with a bouns if we stay up incentive

must not sign players on 4-5-6 year bloody contracts where they can bleed us dry

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Potential Transfer Targets on 00:53 - May 26 with 2637 viewsKiwi76

We'll get linked with anyone and everyone with Harry in charge & sure agents won't be backwards at feeding the rumours given our previous wages etc.
Hope there is some balance on "right sorts" and youth - if do go for someone like Parker need to get a Hughes to do his running.
Agree with others that Thorne was (next to our heroes) best player on pitch yesterday - surely WBA aren't that blessed that they aren't going to recall him?!
Potential Transfer Targets on 01:26 - May 26 with 2601 viewswombat

Potential Transfer Targets on 00:53 - May 26 by Kiwi76

We'll get linked with anyone and everyone with Harry in charge & sure agents won't be backwards at feeding the rumours given our previous wages etc.
Hope there is some balance on "right sorts" and youth - if do go for someone like Parker need to get a Hughes to do his running.
Agree with others that Thorne was (next to our heroes) best player on pitch yesterday - surely WBA aren't that blessed that they aren't going to recall him?!

Micah Richards
Deeney
Vaughn
Livermore

That lot will do for starters
Le fondre if we can grab him from. The fakes
Chuck a few younger lower league players in and we should be ok

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Potential Transfer Targets on 07:42 - May 26 with 2503 viewsGloucs_R

Frank Lampard being linked today. Although Chelsea, still quality.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Potential Transfer Targets on 08:13 - May 26 with 2461 viewsizlingtonhoop

Boyce was a rock in the SF 2nd leg. Just met everything. Just one game, but maybe he does it consistently...
[Post edited 26 May 2014 8:13]
Potential Transfer Targets on 08:22 - May 26 with 2443 viewsNathanNI

If the rumours of Rio Ferdinand & Joe Cole are true I'll be livid.

The thought of Rednkapp planning our transfer targets does worry me a little. As said above, let's hope lessons are learned and we live a little more within our means this time out.

Like the look of Yun, pace and tidy on the ball, so we are covered with him and Simpson at full back. Ned also suitable so the back 4 is one player away from being complete. BAE can leave I'd assume.

Midfield is ok too, save for getting one dynamic player with pace, good options wide with Phillips / Traore I think. We'll have to see how Faurlin does, Granero is another 'wait and see'. Jenas probably not going to feature much.

Krancjar? Not sure what to make of him. Bags of technique, clearly talented but still looks leggy at times. Would a pre season fix this? I'm not convinced. How long is Benayoun here for?

Austin clearly starts, AJ will bow out I'd imagine, Zamora probably worth having around as a sub. So we'll need support. No idea who though. Lot of decent options mentioned in previous posts.

I'd aim for 4 players and try not to dismantle the squad as we did last time. Somehow, and it's a credit to the club, there seems to be some team spirit back in the camp. Saturday will have helped even more. Let's not lose that.
Potential Transfer Targets on 08:40 - May 26 with 2412 viewsjonno

Potential Transfer Targets on 08:22 - May 26 by NathanNI

If the rumours of Rio Ferdinand & Joe Cole are true I'll be livid.

The thought of Rednkapp planning our transfer targets does worry me a little. As said above, let's hope lessons are learned and we live a little more within our means this time out.

Like the look of Yun, pace and tidy on the ball, so we are covered with him and Simpson at full back. Ned also suitable so the back 4 is one player away from being complete. BAE can leave I'd assume.

Midfield is ok too, save for getting one dynamic player with pace, good options wide with Phillips / Traore I think. We'll have to see how Faurlin does, Granero is another 'wait and see'. Jenas probably not going to feature much.

Krancjar? Not sure what to make of him. Bags of technique, clearly talented but still looks leggy at times. Would a pre season fix this? I'm not convinced. How long is Benayoun here for?

Austin clearly starts, AJ will bow out I'd imagine, Zamora probably worth having around as a sub. So we'll need support. No idea who though. Lot of decent options mentioned in previous posts.

I'd aim for 4 players and try not to dismantle the squad as we did last time. Somehow, and it's a credit to the club, there seems to be some team spirit back in the camp. Saturday will have helped even more. Let's not lose that.

First thing I would like to see is to get a "football man" in to control Harry signing players.
TF and Beard have no real experience in that area and we don't want HR running riot or we WILL end up with the likes of Ferdinand, Cole etc.
As for Kranjcar - he's a quality player and I would love to keep him - BUT we have to sort out his injury issues (he has a back problem which he has been seeing a specialist in Germany about). That is why he's never properly fit and gets the hamstring problems. If we can get those sorted great, otherwise we cannot sign him.
Potential Transfer Targets on 08:46 - May 26 with 2398 viewsMaggsinho

Grabban's move to Cardiff hasn't gone through yet, he's a got a £3m release clause so would be affordable, Harry was talking a couple of weeks ago about how much he liked him so I assume we're interested. For other options up front I'd look at Bamford from Chelsea, Rhodes and McCormack.

Another vote for Caulker or Micah Richards although not sure we'd be able to attract them.

Assuming Ale gets a new contract him and Matt Phillips returning will be like a couple of new signings in midfield and I'd also be looking at Henri Lansbury at Forest and Livermore.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to experience in the form of one signing of Lampard/Ferdinand/Cole but would hate to see our entire transfer policy based on that again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024