Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit 14:31 - May 27 with 29595 viewsrongould

C R A P.
New kit on 16:17 - May 27 with 2431 viewsActonOccident

Contractually it had to be a template for the first year - these are your (15 pages) of choices:

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/mens-nike-teamwear-football-team-kits.as

Looks like this was as close as anyone could get (bar the vertical away stripes).

It's a shame they don't seem to have a template that corresponds to Atletico's Hooped away shirt last season:

If we really want to start fretting over issues already, a bigger concern is who they'll have on the books to wear the damn things, regardless of how hooped they are.
New kit on 16:18 - May 27 with 2415 viewsThaiHoop

New kit on 16:11 - May 27 by hoopstilidie

Understand the reasons for the kit, you select from the generic catalogue for the first season, the choices of the 2nd and 3rd strip do, at least, show that whoever was involved in picking them has some idea of our history, the 3rd strip being reminiscent of '67 and the 2nd being one we wore from '69 to '74.
My only gripes are that the hoops are too thin and the backs are plain.
Other than that it could have been much much worse.
Expect the following season's to be the mutt's nuts, therefore this one is forgiveable and bearable for the single season.

Well I'll hold my hands up and say I had no idea we had worn red and black stripes before (82 was when I started so slightly before my time!).

Still don't like it mind you!

But hey, surely better to have a dodgy kit and a team we can be proud of again than vice versa!

So I'll stand at ease!!
New kit on 16:20 - May 27 with 2399 viewsstansleftfoot

From the horses mouth via Twitter!
tonyfernandes@tonyfernandes

" In the first year of Nike deal we have to use catalogue shirts.Year 2 will be bespoke and will have fans involvement. Like I have always done "
2014-05-27
New kit on 16:22 - May 27 with 2390 viewscarrotcrunch_R

New kit on 16:02 - May 27 by A40Bosh

Something negative to moan about at last after a weekend of sickly sweet unbridled joy.
Normal service resumed for all QPR forum posters
Hurrah!

I just want to see the famous hoops worn in the premiership dont you????
New kit on 16:24 - May 27 with 2368 viewssdm1508

New kit on 15:48 - May 27 by paulparker

so we sell out and become Reading, Bournemouth & Leeds in the process
a Kit is the clubs identity, (ask Cardiff on that one )
sorry its a lazy half arsed design, we are QPR, rangers play in hoops, not half hoops or Stripes, 3 big Blue Hoops that go around the shirt,

Well if you are that disgusted I suggest you either stop supporting the club or you just don't watch any games until next season. How have we sold out?? Daft comment. Cardiff is completely different as well. There whole colour scheme was changed. Our haven't they just are the right thickness etc.

My mate has supported QPR all his life. He is colour blind (not sure what type) so he hasn't seen the blue and white hoops as some of us have but he loves the club for its history, the players that have come before. The atmosphere you get under the lights with a full crowd. Although we would all like the shirt to be a certain way, QPR is more than a shirt. We will also have this for one season.
New kit on 16:29 - May 27 with 2341 viewsBrightonhoop

New kit on 16:20 - May 27 by stansleftfoot

From the horses mouth via Twitter!
tonyfernandes@tonyfernandes

" In the first year of Nike deal we have to use catalogue shirts.Year 2 will be bespoke and will have fans involvement. Like I have always done "
2014-05-27

And that's it? Fck me, not good enough Tony. Our identity matters, the Hoops matter. I've never had a bad word said about you, but by christ you've got that one wrong.
New kit on 16:34 - May 27 with 2316 viewstimcocking

I give my word i'd absolutely much prefer to be in the championship next season playing in a QPR kit than in the premier league playing in a piece of sh!t fcuking tablecloth.

Unfcukingbelivable. What a liberty that is.

Fcuk Nike.
[Post edited 27 May 2014 16:35]
New kit on 16:35 - May 27 with 2312 viewspaulparker

New kit on 16:24 - May 27 by sdm1508

Well if you are that disgusted I suggest you either stop supporting the club or you just don't watch any games until next season. How have we sold out?? Daft comment. Cardiff is completely different as well. There whole colour scheme was changed. Our haven't they just are the right thickness etc.

My mate has supported QPR all his life. He is colour blind (not sure what type) so he hasn't seen the blue and white hoops as some of us have but he loves the club for its history, the players that have come before. The atmosphere you get under the lights with a full crowd. Although we would all like the shirt to be a certain way, QPR is more than a shirt. We will also have this for one season.

don't tell me to stop supporting the club who the f uck are you
also where did I say we sold out ??
read what I said , a clubs kit is its identity full blue & white hoops, also not a Bournemouth kit either , the point I was making was that just because we are a premier league club we don't have to take any old sh*t that Nike give us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

New kit on 16:37 - May 27 with 2295 viewstimcocking

New kit on 16:35 - May 27 by paulparker

read what I said , a clubs kit is its identity full blue & white hoops, also not a Bournemouth kit either , the point I was making was that just because we are a premier league club we don't have to take any old sh*t that Nike give us

It's the people who don't care our kit is gone who should be taking a look in the mirror, not you.
New kit on 16:37 - May 27 with 2296 viewsBasingstokeR

Did they not turn to page two of the catalogue kits for the away kit?

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Nike-Hoop-III-Long-Sleeve-Football-Shirt
New kit on 16:40 - May 27 with 2282 viewsstevec

Dreadful, I cannot recall one good season when we've played in skinny hoops. The thick blue and white hoops make us like 'devils in skirts' to the opposition.

If we're going to stay up Harry's gonna need another soul to sell.
New kit on 16:40 - May 27 with 2280 viewsA40Bosh

New kit on 16:22 - May 27 by carrotcrunch_R

I want to see a financially secure QPR playing good football with shirts played in by non mercenary players who want to play in the shirt because they want to play for QPR.
TF did not go in there and pick that kit out of choice.

"Mr Fernandes would you like us to sponsor you for the tune of £45m?"

"Can I pick the exact kit my fans demand of me in year one?"

"No Mr Fernandes but we will let you have design input in year 2 onwards?"

"Oh well, the fans having their exact choice of kit means more than financial security at the moment, as we don't even know if we are going to scrape through the play offs and get promoted, so I am very sorry Mr Nike, No Deal, but thanks for talking to us anyway!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New kit on 16:43 - May 27 with 2260 viewsstansleftfoot

New kit on 16:22 - May 27 by carrotcrunch_R

Sadly as a newbie from the 1968 season, the kit to me has always got worse not better, I don't think it's recognised that the colour, depth/width of hoops are crucial....the HOOP is just that, it's not a stripe....We'll get there, Tony will get the message, its only two things to get right, Colour and Hoop! Just a year to wait!
I'd prefer to play in All White than those stripes, it looks like a theatrical costume for a bunch of french sailors at a circus!
New kit on 16:49 - May 27 with 2238 viewsstansleftfoot

New kit on 16:43 - May 27 by stansleftfoot

Sadly as a newbie from the 1968 season, the kit to me has always got worse not better, I don't think it's recognised that the colour, depth/width of hoops are crucial....the HOOP is just that, it's not a stripe....We'll get there, Tony will get the message, its only two things to get right, Colour and Hoop! Just a year to wait!
I'd prefer to play in All White than those stripes, it looks like a theatrical costume for a bunch of french sailors at a circus!

New kit on 16:51 - May 27 with 2223 viewssdm1508

New kit on 16:35 - May 27 by paulparker

Well you are making such a big thing about the kit, it would appear that this is the only thing that matters. We have just got promoted after a great day at Wembley. Get some perspective and realise our identity is more than our kit. I appreciate that we are blue and white hoops but for one season it has to be a slightly different layout. Sadly we do have to take it as this is the terms on the contract with Nike. They do this with all teams. In the grand scale things its a small thing. We need to look longer term. I would rather be in a kit that isn't quite right and be in the Premier league and then use the sponsorship money that we are getting from Nike to help keep us there so that the remaining 4 years of the deal mean we get the kit we want and we get to wear it in the Premier league.
New kit on 16:53 - May 27 with 2205 viewsingeminate

New kit on 16:43 - May 27 by stansleftfoot

Fully back Fernandes on this - two years time will be sorted.

This isn't ripping apart heritage like some of you are making out it is a pragmatic stop-gap.

we'll be back to wearing proper hoops in no time.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

New kit on 16:57 - May 27 with 2190 viewswestberksr

New kit on 16:40 - May 27 by A40Bosh

I want to see a financially secure QPR playing good football with shirts played in by non mercenary players who want to play in the shirt because they want to play for QPR.
TF did not go in there and pick that kit out of choice.

"Mr Fernandes would you like us to sponsor you for the tune of £45m?"

"Can I pick the exact kit my fans demand of me in year one?"

"No Mr Fernandes but we will let you have design input in year 2 onwards?"

"Oh well, the fans having their exact choice of kit means more than financial security at the moment, as we don't even know if we are going to scrape through the play offs and get promoted, so I am very sorry Mr Nike, No Deal, but thanks for talking to us anyway!

this

TF knows what we think but has had his hand forced on this on. how about we all breath, watch a few reruns of perhaps, oh i don't know.... Bobby scoring on Saturday, take a chill pill and put our toys back in the pram!

yes the kit is shit, yes TF knows this, yes we have sold out to Nike......

and yes the cheque is being banked, probably with a bonus for Saturday's result which made an overide kick in from the contract.

let's all buy the kids (and xxxxxxl 40 somethings that want to wear the hoops) a few vintage Guiness shirts or whatever vintage takes your fancy.

look at the big picture that we are back in the top flight and have the small matter of £100mill+ debts to pay off and Nike are doing their bit to help out.
New kit on 16:57 - May 27 with 2190 viewsA40Bosh

New kit on 16:51 - May 27 by sdm1508

Well you are making such a big thing about the kit, it would appear that this is the only thing that matters. We have just got promoted after a great day at Wembley. Get some perspective and realise our identity is more than our kit. I appreciate that we are blue and white hoops but for one season it has to be a slightly different layout. Sadly we do have to take it as this is the terms on the contract with Nike. They do this with all teams. In the grand scale things its a small thing. We need to look longer term. I would rather be in a kit that isn't quite right and be in the Premier league and then use the sponsorship money that we are getting from Nike to help keep us there so that the remaining 4 years of the deal mean we get the kit we want and we get to wear it in the Premier league.

How dare you come on here and write such complete and utter common sense and stop people having their well earned rant having had to endure enjoyment for a whole weekend.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New kit on 16:58 - May 27 with 2186 viewsHenryQPR

New kit on 15:04 - May 27 by simmo

IT'S WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT! Quick, let's mobilise and riot before they get sign off for the water cannons!

In all seriousness though, they are fckin terrible. That all white one is pathetic.

sign me up for the riot!!
New kit on 16:59 - May 27 with 2178 viewspaulparker

New kit on 16:51 - May 27 by sdm1508

don't patronise me
where did I say it was the only that matters, its a sh*t kit that promotes Reading & Bournmouth am I not allowed to voice this MR QPR ???
where the f uck you get off telling me to stop supporting us and telling me not to go to games is anyone's guess

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

New kit on 17:00 - May 27 with 2168 viewshoops_legend

New kit on 16:16 - May 27 by hoopstilidie

Yeah, balls to their £45 Million, they can just sod off

Has the away kit been chosen to fool Taarabt into thinking we are AC Milan for a glorious return?
New kit on 17:01 - May 27 with 2164 viewssdm1508

New kit on 16:37 - May 27 by timcocking

It's the people who don't care our kit is gone who should be taking a look in the mirror, not you.

Yes you are right. I think I would rather be almost say for example on the brink bankruptcy but be playing in the right kit compared to a season in an slightly altered kit and about to embark on a season back in the premier league. That is an over the top example but all these people who are kicking off about the kit are doing likewise.

I guess we should stay at the 18,000 capacity Loftus Road for the rest of our days and hope to compete in the Premier League with that sort of revenue. I guess the argument is that Loftus Road is part of our identity even though I think we have been at Loftus Road for a maximum of something like 90 years in our 132 year history. Lets all stay at loftus road and wear correct sized hoops and who cares if we were to go finacially out of existence. At least we did it in the right kit.
New kit on 17:03 - May 27 with 2151 viewssdm1508

New kit on 16:24 - May 27 by sdm1508

Also at the very beginning you said 'so we sell out'. I would never seriously tell someone not to support the club. It was an exaggerated argument to emphasise our daft I think some of the comments about this strip (the strip we have to have for one season)
New kit on 17:05 - May 27 with 2141 viewsWesty75

New kit on 16:53 - May 27 by ingeminate

Fully back Fernandes on this - two years time will be sorted.

This isn't ripping apart heritage like some of you are making out it is a pragmatic stop-gap.

we'll be back to wearing proper hoops in no time.

Indeed. You lot sound like kids having a hissy fit because you don't like what you've got for Christmas.

It might not be perfect but TF has clearly explained why we've had to compromise for the first year. Some people need to get some perspective.
New kit on 17:05 - May 27 with 2140 viewspaulparker

New kit on 17:01 - May 27 by sdm1508

Yes you are right. I think I would rather be almost say for example on the brink bankruptcy but be playing in the right kit compared to a season in an slightly altered kit and about to embark on a season back in the premier league. That is an over the top example but all these people who are kicking off about the kit are doing likewise.

I guess we should stay at the 18,000 capacity Loftus Road for the rest of our days and hope to compete in the Premier League with that sort of revenue. I guess the argument is that Loftus Road is part of our identity even though I think we have been at Loftus Road for a maximum of something like 90 years in our 132 year history. Lets all stay at loftus road and wear correct sized hoops and who cares if we were to go finacially out of existence. At least we did it in the right kit.

ive clocked it

its half term this week isn't it SDM1508
you know what people are entitled to an opinion if its a s*it kit then its a sh*t kit
so anyone who goes against anything is shot down as a non supporter who doesn't want progress , is that how it is now ??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024