Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit 14:31 - May 27 with 29594 viewsrongould

C R A P.
Nike designs - inspiration from AC Milan and Real Madrid?? on 10:27 - May 28 with 3104 viewscoolranger

New kit on 00:07 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

Fernandes has explained that we don't have a say in regards to the first year. Ok so the hoops don't go all the way round and the hoops are too thin but that will change next season. We are in debt and the money that Nike are paying is much needed revenue to clear some of the debt and minimise any FFP punishment.

"Fernandes has explained that we don't have a say in regards to the first year" - OP

That's amazing. Who is the client in this deal? Surely as a manufacturer you want to make sure you come up with 3 designs that most Rangers fans will like or even love. But no, we have this continual meddling.

There seem to me two golden rules for most Rangers' fans 1) the classic blue and white hoops to be maintained ie: 3/4 blue hoops, not 8 and 2) the Denis the Menace black / red kit remains a favourite.

So we get...

1. Home kit has too many hoops and looks like Reading in my opinion
2. 2nd kit inspired by AC Milan? (why suddenly stripes?)
3. 3rd kit inspired by Real Madrid? (throw back to the 1967 heritage)

I guess we'll grow to accept them in time, for a year at least. It'll be interesting to see the club replica shirt sales.
New kit on 10:47 - May 28 with 3090 viewsQPunkR

What I still don't understand, despite the venom from both sides on this, is WHY this is part of the contract? What's in it for Nike that they can't just slap 3 or 4 blue hoops all the way round a white shirt, along with a sponsor and badge? Why force clubs (as apparently it's not just us) to pick from their pub team range for a year?

QPR - "shit but local"

New kit on 10:49 - May 28 with 3077 viewsCHUBBS

Horrible kit but its not the end of the world and whats more important is who we buy to fit into it.
I just can't let this cloud the feeling i have after Saturdays performance.
Roll on next season.
New kit on 11:11 - May 28 with 3046 viewseastside_r

Blimey

I hope this thread doesn’t get referenced on other teams’ boards or we will be getting hammered as DQPR (drama queens.)

I don’t mind the thin hoops. My preference would be for slightly fewer but more than on this season’s kit.

Am I not the only one who thought it looked a bit shit when tucked in (Benayoun?)

Also the bottom hoops on the new kit do go although way round, so not quite a Reading job.

I don’t like the big white panel but this has featured on home shirts before in living memory.

There were several ‘old’ shirts at Wembley on Saturday (last time the wearers’ went? — ban etc.) and for example the 1999/2000 home shirt (Ericcson) had white side panels i.e. hoops not going all the way round.
New kit on 13:13 - May 28 with 2970 viewsNov77

New kit on 11:11 - May 28 by eastside_r

Blimey

I hope this thread doesn’t get referenced on other teams’ boards or we will be getting hammered as DQPR (drama queens.)

I don’t mind the thin hoops. My preference would be for slightly fewer but more than on this season’s kit.

Am I not the only one who thought it looked a bit shit when tucked in (Benayoun?)

Also the bottom hoops on the new kit do go although way round, so not quite a Reading job.

I don’t like the big white panel but this has featured on home shirts before in living memory.

There were several ‘old’ shirts at Wembley on Saturday (last time the wearers’ went? — ban etc.) and for example the 1999/2000 home shirt (Ericcson) had white side panels i.e. hoops not going all the way round.

When the shirt is tucked in the few hoops that do go all the way round will be hidden, leaving a plain white back. It's our worst ever home kit and I hope everyone boycotts it.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New kit on 13:17 - May 28 with 2963 viewssimmo

New kit on 09:21 - May 28 by connell10

why the "jesus" comment mate? its a shite product which i wont be buying either! total tat!

NOBODY IS DISPUTING THAT IT IS CRAP. Everybody agrees the kit is bad, even the fckin chairman. But it's the one we have to have for this season until we can liaise with them on a new and preferred version and it comes 3 days after the best day this club may ever have in my lifetime.

So talk of 'disenchanted with the club' and 'worst I have felt since Warnock going' is absolutely ridiculous. Get some perspective.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New kit on 13:29 - May 28 with 2948 viewsNathanNI

When I am on by deathbed, and they ask me about the summer of '14, Am I going to remember Wembley and a last minute winner with 10 men? Or a shit kit released that we had to make do with for a year to wipe out 20%* of our debt.

Perspective.

*Or thereabouts...
New kit on 14:43 - May 28 with 2908 viewsRBlock

New kit on 13:17 - May 28 by simmo

NOBODY IS DISPUTING THAT IT IS CRAP. Everybody agrees the kit is bad, even the fckin chairman. But it's the one we have to have for this season until we can liaise with them on a new and preferred version and it comes 3 days after the best day this club may ever have in my lifetime.

So talk of 'disenchanted with the club' and 'worst I have felt since Warnock going' is absolutely ridiculous. Get some perspective.

This. Bad kit news is sandwiched in between promotion and hopefully reasonable ST prices.
Login to get fewer ads

New kit on 16:39 - May 28 with 2862 viewsNorthernr

Wow. This thread. Just, wow.
New kit on 17:40 - May 28 with 2807 viewsYorkRanger

New kit on 16:39 - May 28 by Northernr

Wow. This thread. Just, wow.

Its actually so ridiculous in places its laughable. The poster (Tim Mocking I think but apologies if not) who has put he would sooner have stayed down (i.e. lose at Wembley) if it meant keeping the old kit and not having the new is clearly destined for the Asylum...
New kit on 17:43 - May 28 with 2798 viewsA40Bosh

New kit on 17:40 - May 28 by YorkRanger

Its actually so ridiculous in places its laughable. The poster (Tim Mocking I think but apologies if not) who has put he would sooner have stayed down (i.e. lose at Wembley) if it meant keeping the old kit and not having the new is clearly destined for the Asylum...

They really need to listen to what TF says on Open All R's this week.
Perfectly logically explanation.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New kit on 17:52 - May 28 with 2777 viewstherealmorris

New kit on 20:59 - May 27 by UPPERLOFTNZ

A disgrace - TF and the Board must surely be aware that as far as the fan are concerned all we want is sensible width hoops, a decent quality shirt and the dennis the memnace away kit - apart from that feel free to be creative... I've already emailed the club but I urge EVERYONE to email the club and make a noise about this!

Of course they're aware, Fernandes even said before they were unveiled that they weren't ideal, it's just the nature of the contract and the timescales involved for this season. Emailing them isn't going to do anything since it's done for this season and they clearly already know what most fans want for the season after (hence why the latest Lotto shirts are actually quite good, they knew what we want and had time to get it sorted)
[Post edited 28 May 2014 18:14]
New kit on 18:08 - May 28 with 2754 viewsMatch82

Can't believe anyone rational who knows the bigger picture is getting wound up about this.

Yes, we all dislike the kit, including the chairman. But there are reasons for the decision and we were not only told after the kit launch that things will be better next year, but told IN ADVANCE.

It's one year, and it still retains as many of the characteristics and traditions as are allowable under the terms of the deal with Nike. And it's a fckin piece of clothing.
New kit on 18:19 - May 28 with 2723 viewsmorgantwin

New kit on 18:08 - May 28 by Match82

Can't believe anyone rational who knows the bigger picture is getting wound up about this.

Yes, we all dislike the kit, including the chairman. But there are reasons for the decision and we were not only told after the kit launch that things will be better next year, but told IN ADVANCE.

It's one year, and it still retains as many of the characteristics and traditions as are allowable under the terms of the deal with Nike. And it's a fckin piece of clothing.

I THINK THE KIT WE ARE REPLACING IS FOR ME THE BEST KIT IN 55 SEASONS OF WATCHING QPR
SO ANY KIT WOULD HAVE FAILED BUT ITS 55 MILLION LOVELY SMAKEROOS,ALL TO BE SPENT ON BRILLIANT YOUNG PLAYERS LIKE ANDROS TOWNSEND

so because we are going to be finishing in the top five this seasson the red and black stripes will look good in europe

knowbody can doubt harry redknap now he is a magicial now watch him go with 60-70 million pounds of brilliant players

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

New kit on 20:09 - May 28 with 2694 viewsGetMeRangers

Initially I thought the away strip was to foul Tarbs that he was playing for AC Milan. yet it couldnt be that straight forward.. I knew I had seen it before somewhere... It is a thank you to Harry and a tribute to his bournemouth days

New kit on 22:13 - May 28 with 2643 viewsMatch82

New kit on 18:19 - May 28 by morgantwin

I THINK THE KIT WE ARE REPLACING IS FOR ME THE BEST KIT IN 55 SEASONS OF WATCHING QPR
SO ANY KIT WOULD HAVE FAILED BUT ITS 55 MILLION LOVELY SMAKEROOS,ALL TO BE SPENT ON BRILLIANT YOUNG PLAYERS LIKE ANDROS TOWNSEND

so because we are going to be finishing in the top five this seasson the red and black stripes will look good in europe

knowbody can doubt harry redknap now he is a magicial now watch him go with 60-70 million pounds of brilliant players

Someone put a link to all of our previous kits up - can't remember if it was on this thread, or one of the other 45 about the new kit.

But I think last years kit is my favourite of any kit that we've ever had.

I actually like it so much that I probably wouldn't have bought this years kit regardless of how good it was, so I'm not especially fussed about what it looks like. The board have demonstrated with last years kit that they know how to get it right when given the opportunity. I look forward to the 2015-16 kits being another example of that.
New kit on 22:39 - May 28 with 2631 viewsbosh67

Bizarrely we wore an almost identical black and red striped kit from 1969 to 1974. I just can't remember it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New kit on 22:48 - May 28 with 2613 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blimey, I go away for a coupe of days and this happens.

Seriously, I completely get what some have said about the need to accept what Nike offer in the first season, value of the overall deal, that there are much bigger issues to care about, etc.

But I still find it amazing that, firstly there presumably isn't a single proper hooped design in their catalogue, despite the fact that e.g. Flamenco in Brazil traditionally play in exactly the strip we'd like for our 1st change, and secondly that now it is apparently necessary to wait 12 months for the strip you want, whereas every year from about 1977 to 2000 the cub apparently got what it wanted first time of asking.

Yet another example of how centuries of technological advance and economic growth lead to everything being a little bit more sh*t. File alongside trains where the seats no longer coincide with the windows, supermarket jam tart packets no longer including a green one, socks which develop holes after about two outings, the impossibility of buying a ticket for anything without being stung for a booking charge, etc and so forth. Modern life is rubbish.
New kit on 23:15 - May 28 with 2606 viewscarrotcrunch_R

After listening to the podcast I can understand what tf is saying and how he is trying to market us globally he said it is for one year only and I trust what he says. However on the other side I can understand what the others are saying including myself we just won entry back into the most prestigious league in the world and just wanted to have decent shirt to wear and show off that identify me and the team as qpr it is the third year in the prem without the right type of home shirt and I have never complained about a shirt b4 that. A year is a long wait for me I might get struck by lighting or something
[Post edited 28 May 2014 23:19]
New kit on 04:58 - May 29 with 2549 viewsqueensparker

Jesus wept. It's not a great kit but we're getting £45 million to wear it for one year before sorting it out. In the biggest and happiest week for our club possibly ever.

F--king relax. We've had worse problems
New kit on 06:27 - May 29 with 2533 viewsRs_Holy

New kit on 04:58 - May 29 by queensparker

Jesus wept. It's not a great kit but we're getting £45 million to wear it for one year before sorting it out. In the biggest and happiest week for our club possibly ever.

F--king relax. We've had worse problems

I've calmed down about the kit now.... the 45 million squids is a great leveler.. I like the all white kit.
New kit on 10:00 - May 29 with 2486 viewszizoustainrod

New kit on 15:14 - May 27 by Cammington

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Nike-Hoop-III-Short-Sleeve-Football-Shir

£20 on Pro Direct Soccer

Wonder how much of a mark up that QPR badge adds.

Excellent! I'll buy one of those instead.
New kit on 10:36 - May 29 with 2467 viewsbosh67

Build your own.

Nike top

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT058253/Nike_Hoop_III_Game_Jersey.htm?LGWCODE=IT

£14.74 inc delivery

Current badge

http://www.bonanzamarket.co.uk/listings/2009-Now-Queens-Park-Rangers-Football-En

£4.17

Get someone to sew that on for you!

Whole job for under £20 and without the sponsorship!

If you feel guilty that it doesn't have the Air Asia sponsorship on it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRBUS-A320-AIR-ASIA-JAP

Air Asia stickers for under a fiver!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New kit on 11:57 - May 29 with 2430 viewsGetMeRangers

New kit on 22:39 - May 28 by bosh67

Bizarrely we wore an almost identical black and red striped kit from 1969 to 1974. I just can't remember it.

[Post edited 29 May 2014 11:58]
New kit on 12:10 - May 29 with 2409 viewsbosh67

New kit on 11:57 - May 29 by GetMeRangers

[Post edited 29 May 2014 11:58]

So, that bodes well. 3-0 to City.

Like the look of that Colin Bell lad. He's 68 and must know Harry. Harry said he wants to sign people he knows. About the right age.

Never knowingly right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024