Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread 00:13 - Sep 27 with 20809 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 14:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Sep 27 with 1232 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Sep 27 by Uxbridge

Result more than acceptable. Performance as poor as I can remember. Disjointed, unable to make three consecutive passes and some very strange long balls.

Still, we get a point and move on. Phew.

You obviously can't count, there were many pass sequences over 3.
It is just a shame most of them were either sideways or backwards.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Sep 27 with 1228 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Sep 27 by C_jack

Stick to the arrows.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:11]

His carer typed it for him.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Sep 27 with 1221 viewscurleigh

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

FAB is a huge upgrade on the sometimes cowardly Vorm.
He certainly is 100 times braver and his handling is excellent giving us more confidence surely

Agree has great hands, and commands the box best signing of the season IMO, never a second yellow, the striker ran into Angel
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Sep 27 with 1221 viewsSpratty

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 by C_jack

Why is that?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:08]

Fair question
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Sep 27 with 1214 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Sep 27 by Uxbridge

Result more than acceptable. Performance as poor as I can remember. Disjointed, unable to make three consecutive passes and some very strange long balls.

Still, we get a point and move on. Phew.

Performance as poor as you can remember? You must have amnesia. Were you in 50 First Dates?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Sep 27 with 1201 viewsmonmouth

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 by C_jack

Why is that?

Michel Vorm

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 1189 viewsSpratty

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 by dailew

Indeed. JJS was superb today. Did some good defensive work as well with a great block and a tackle in the box late on.

Gylfi was a bit disappointing.

Jury still out on Fernandez for me.

JJS is always superb for you so we will just take that as read
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 1187 viewsfootball2301

Why is that?

Because the side seems to have a lot more resolve and defensive shape this year surely you can sea that
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 1184 viewsjackonicko

A long way to travel for a terrible game.

I'll take the point happily, but my God that was tedious to watch.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 1184 viewsC_jack

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Sep 27 by monmouth

Michel Vorm

We wouldn't have won that game last season because of Michel Vorm?

That doesn't make sense.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Sep 27 with 1158 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 27 by C_jack

That doesn't make sense.

Because he would probably have let in at least 3.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Sep 27 with 1142 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Sep 27 by Spratty

Fair question

Massive improvement this year with defending of high balls into the box I think. Fabianski has made an enormous difference and that has helped the players in front of him as well. In games last year when teams struggled to break us down, they could just send endless high crosses into the box and eventually would score because Vorm was poor under the high ball. Even when he was at his brilliant best in the first season, he was relatively weak in the air, such a great shot stopper though it didn't matter as much.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Sep 27 with 1138 viewsmax936

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:38 - Sep 27 by epaul

Never a f*cking yellow Foy you c*nt

It wasn't even a fuking foul Paul, Foy has always been a fuking useless ref and it continued today, just how he didn't give us a pen for a foul against Routledge is a fuking mystery, he was 3yds away ffs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Sep 27 with 1132 viewsmonmouth

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 27 by C_jack

That doesn't make sense.

Eh? Have you been drinking?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Sep 27 with 1113 viewsZut_Alors

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 by dailew

Indeed. JJS was superb today. Did some good defensive work as well with a great block and a tackle in the box late on.

Gylfi was a bit disappointing.

Jury still out on Fernandez for me.

I think that's a fair post. Gylfi is working 10 times harder than when he was here first time around, but that may have a knock on effect on his work with the ball. He is creating a lot of space for Jonjo, though, who I agree was excellent today.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Sep 27 with 1092 viewslonglostjack

Not much space in midfield today with the way Sunderland set up - tough game and that point is OK.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Sep 27 with 1092 viewsSpratty

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

Massive improvement this year with defending of high balls into the box I think. Fabianski has made an enormous difference and that has helped the players in front of him as well. In games last year when teams struggled to break us down, they could just send endless high crosses into the box and eventually would score because Vorm was poor under the high ball. Even when he was at his brilliant best in the first season, he was relatively weak in the air, such a great shot stopper though it didn't matter as much.

Yep but there were 11 / 10 players on the field today not just the goalie
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Sep 27 with 1072 viewsdailew

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Sep 27 by monmouth

Eh? Have you been drinking?

Don't think he needs to drink in order to spout sh1t.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Sep 27 with 1069 viewsAl_Bundy

Tiendalli or Jazz at RB next week. Not the best options as back up imo.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Sep 27 with 1063 viewsAnotherJohn

Can't argue with a point away - which is wholly acceptable. Having said that, I felt we showed the same negativity at times that seemed to creep into our play in the last two games. A midfielder in the opposition half with a chance to play an incisive ball forward instead recycles it to our back four, who then punt it up field from deep. And when Taylor had chances to cross from near the Sunderland penalty area how many times did he turn and play the ball back into our own half?
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Sep 27 with 1063 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Sep 27 by max936

It wasn't even a fuking foul Paul, Foy has always been a fuking useless ref and it continued today, just how he didn't give us a pen for a foul against Routledge is a fuking mystery, he was 3yds away ffs.

How he still refs in the PL is beyond me.

The game at Blackburn a couple of years ago was the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen.

Edit: F*ck me - dailew's had a Babycham.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:28]
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Sep 27 with 1034 viewsZut_Alors

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Sep 27 by Spratty

Yep but there were 11 / 10 players on the field today not just the goalie

It starts with the keeper and he was great today. I don't think Ash or Fernandez had particularly good games.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Sep 27 with 1033 viewsSpratty

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Sep 27 by dailew

Don't think he needs to drink in order to spout sh1t.

Yeh good point stick to the arrows otherwise try macrame
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Sep 27 with 1012 viewsshandyjack

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 by jacksinceever

I was just about to post that Leicester are no mugs - then I saw how they got on today!

i think like any promoted team Home Leicester will be different to Away leicester.

New,Stoke,Lec - 5-7 pts should be the aim

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Sep 27 with 974 views_

Great, great point... Nothing wrong with a point away from home no matter where they maybe in the league, which I'm sure has affected some in this thread's thinking.

Thought Bafi did really well considering many different factors. We need him properly interspersed with the first team and the quicker the better. While our two front men are here, we need to keep the BOTH of them happy and hungry as possible.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024