Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread 17:42 - Dec 4 with 36159 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Dec 5 with 2904 viewsGreatBritton

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Dec 5 by Jackanapes

If we had played anyone good we would shipped 6 in the first half alone. Im waiting for the press conference where says we finished the stronger. File under fk you Monk. The fact that Im home early for the first time 41 years tells it all.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 16:52]

I've been supporting the Swans since 1964 and today is the first time I've left early.

Disappointed in myself, but a tad more disappointed in SCFC
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Dec 5 with 2833 viewsdailew

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:12 - Dec 5 by Pinky

Bloody hell, what a depressing situation we are in. We need a shakeup.

Waiting for Garry to come on BBC 5 Live to see if he comes out with the "Monkspiel" (Pinky - 2015) again and says we were the better team with "a lot of good moments".

TBF we're not in a depressing situation.

No debt, new ground, training ground etc. Premier League.

New manger should quickly pick things up.

Interesting times ahead.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Dec 5 with 2794 viewsperchrockjack

I'm depressed anyway.

Some others are too.

Probably those who went today.

We were better at a field and should really have had a little momentum.

We didnt

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Dec 5 with 2725 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I know this will go against the current anger & disappointment at such a poor result but I thought apart from Ki & Gomis the rest of the team played reasonably well.
However whoever decided to move the backline up to try and catch Vardy & Mahrez Offside was Naive beyond belief.
They have shown in game after game that they can break the offside trap and even when the trap did work the linesman did not give it and Mahrez scored.
So as well as poor defensive nouse we also had no luck either, Mahrez's first goal he new nothing about and either came off his hand or hip, his second was offside.
Whereas Ki hit the bar and Gylfi hit the post.
On top of that they were allowed to out muscle and foul us all over the field and that led to losing the ball and those counter attacks. Even so they still accumulated 19 fouls to our 3, but we both got 2 yellow cards.
Where is our player's determination, we did not shoulder barge anybody off the ball when they were attacking?
At least the substitutions put more life in the attacks.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Dec 5 with 2720 viewsPinky

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Dec 5 by dailew

TBF we're not in a depressing situation.

No debt, new ground, training ground etc. Premier League.

New manger should quickly pick things up.

Interesting times ahead.

Subjective really. The disparity between where we should be and where we are, and the level we should be playing at and the level we are actually playing at is, for me, depressing.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Dec 5 with 2689 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

I know this will go against the current anger & disappointment at such a poor result but I thought apart from Ki & Gomis the rest of the team played reasonably well.
However whoever decided to move the backline up to try and catch Vardy & Mahrez Offside was Naive beyond belief.
They have shown in game after game that they can break the offside trap and even when the trap did work the linesman did not give it and Mahrez scored.
So as well as poor defensive nouse we also had no luck either, Mahrez's first goal he new nothing about and either came off his hand or hip, his second was offside.
On top of that they were allowed to out muscle and foul us all over the field and that led to losing the ball and those counter attacks. Even so they still accumulated 19 fouls to our 3, but we both got 2 yellow cards.
Where is our player's determination, we did not shoulder barge anybody off the ball when they were attacking?

you thought Wayne and Bartley played reasonably well FME

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Dec 5 with 2689 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:12 - Dec 5 by Pinky

Bloody hell, what a depressing situation we are in. We need a shakeup.

Waiting for Garry to come on BBC 5 Live to see if he comes out with the "Monkspiel" (Pinky - 2015) again and says we were the better team with "a lot of good moments".

GM Sounds utterly despondent on Radio Wales
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:34 - Dec 5 with 2618 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Dec 5 by shandyjack

you thought Wayne and Bartley played reasonably well FME

Bartley actually put in a fair few saving tackles on Vardi during that game.
Ok he gave away a corner that led to a goal, but that does not make him to blame for a reall poorly defended corner.
He was actually more controlled on the ball than Ash who looked really nervous and indecisive most of the game.
Wayne beat the defenders and put in crosses, but Mr Gomis was never on the end of them and Ayew was on the other wing. But what do you expect from Wayne?
I did not say he played Well, only reasonably well.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 17:38]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Dec 5 with 2561 viewsperchrockjack

I cannot see how anyone could possibly see anything positive in that.

Rout ledge has been a very lucky lad earning massive money under false pretences.utter dogshite .

It doesn't help when fans not only fail to acknowledge such performances but actually encourage them by posting such pitiful garbage.

We need several players dumping if possible.

We need a fearless man with no hang ups and one above all who can coach and motivate.

If pos ,bring dyer back. Source a wide man , loan deal even but rout ledge is way past a joke

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Dec 5 with 2559 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:34 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Ok he gave away a corner that led to a goal, but that does not make him to blame for a reall poorly defended corner.
He was actually more controlled on the ball than Ash who looked really nervous and indecisive most of the game.
Wayne beat the defenders and put in crosses, but Mr Gomis was never on the end of them and Ayew was on the other wing. But what do you expect from Wayne?

watched a different game to me, thought he was run ragged by Vardy, who could have scored 2/3 with better finishing

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:39 - Dec 5 with 2521 viewslidojack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:34 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

That's because he was two yards of Vardy at any given moment. All the chances Vardy missed were due to Bartley's positional ineptitude.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Dec 5 with 2503 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Dec 5 by shandyjack

watched a different game to me, thought he was run ragged by Vardy, who could have scored 2/3 with better finishing

Of course he was run ragged by Vardy, every Defender in the Prem he has played against has also been run ragged and he has scored in every game except this one.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Dec 5 with 2501 viewslovejuicejack

Yes it does make him to blame for a poorly defended corner, he was supposed to be defending it. Fook my eyes you need to read what your typing
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Dec 5 with 2487 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course he was run ragged by Vardy, every Defender in the Prem he has played against has also been run ragged and he has scored in every game except this one.

make your mind up, did he play well or was he run ragged?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Dec 5 with 2477 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Blimey. That's not the game I saw. Leon battled terrier-like. Apart from that we we're jittery and very static. Gomis and Ayew may as well not have been on the pitch, no movement in the final third. So Leon & Ki had nowhere to go. And our back 'line' was all over the place. We hit the woodwork a couple of times but would have been very fortunate to get anything out of that.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Dec 5 with 2324 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Dec 5 by perchrockjack

I cannot see how anyone could possibly see anything positive in that.

Rout ledge has been a very lucky lad earning massive money under false pretences.utter dogshite .

It doesn't help when fans not only fail to acknowledge such performances but actually encourage them by posting such pitiful garbage.

We need several players dumping if possible.

We need a fearless man with no hang ups and one above all who can coach and motivate.

If pos ,bring dyer back. Source a wide man , loan deal even but rout ledge is way past a joke

Well it's obviously Wayne Routledges fault. I don't know why Garry persists with him I really don't .......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:59 - Dec 5 with 2270 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Monk in a job he should never have been put in in the first place.

This isn't the conference, its the premier league, you don't take chances through some misplaced sense of loyalty. You are not capable of managing a premier league team just because you've got most of your badges. You wouldn't let a Doctor do heart surgery because he's got some A Levels FFS

Monk out and now - experience next please Board. Rodgers, Moyes, be adventurous and talk to Ancelotti (i know, i know, never going to happen) but a change tonight.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Dec 5 with 2118 viewsCaliforniaJack

I would love to see the Dutch Management Dream team installed (Bergkamp/Bodde)
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Dec 5 with 2066 viewsPozuelosSideys

We could have had no complaints if we had lost that game by 5 or 6.

I have never seen our defensive game look so poor - how many games is that we've conceded from corners/set pieces this season?

Midfield? Meh, when the ball isnt being booted over their heads, they dont seem able to pass to anyone other than to the opposition or straight out of play.

Strikers? Do we have any?

Monk, thanks.. but time to take your paternity leave and let somebody else try and stop the slide.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:30 - Dec 5 with 2021 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Dec 5 by PozuelosSideys

We could have had no complaints if we had lost that game by 5 or 6.

I have never seen our defensive game look so poor - how many games is that we've conceded from corners/set pieces this season?

Midfield? Meh, when the ball isnt being booted over their heads, they dont seem able to pass to anyone other than to the opposition or straight out of play.

Strikers? Do we have any?

Monk, thanks.. but time to take your paternity leave and let somebody else try and stop the slide.

No we don't currently have any "Strikers".
But you do Leon a disservice, he hardly gave the ball away at all with his passing.
It wasn't just the Mid that was giving it away either, Ash didn't do us many favours with his passing.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:35 - Dec 5 with 1962 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:30 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

But you do Leon a disservice, he hardly gave the ball away at all with his passing.
It wasn't just the Mid that was giving it away either, Ash didn't do us many favours with his passing.

Leon played better than anyone else in the side for the time he was on the field, but he gave the ball away often as well. Blame him or blame the lack of other players showing for a pass. Fact is, not a single player or member of teh coaching staff comes out of that game with any credit whatsoever. They all need a long hard look at themselves because that was shocking.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:37 - Dec 5 with 1919 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:30 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

We have two strikers who scored 7 goals between them in the first four games this season. We seem to have lost any semblance of a midfield though..........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:42 - Dec 5 with 1875 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:37 - Dec 5 by Brynmill_Jack

We have two strikers who scored 7 goals between them in the first four games this season. We seem to have lost any semblance of a midfield though..........

So Gomis didn't fluff 3 more chances, including yet another one on one with the Goal Keeper then?
Who is the second "Striker"?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 18:42]
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:52 - Dec 5 with 1821 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:35 - Dec 5 by PozuelosSideys

Leon played better than anyone else in the side for the time he was on the field, but he gave the ball away often as well. Blame him or blame the lack of other players showing for a pass. Fact is, not a single player or member of teh coaching staff comes out of that game with any credit whatsoever. They all need a long hard look at themselves because that was shocking.

I've sat on the fence about Monk and the team recently, but today swung me to the Monk out brigade.

I hope we've already produced a short list of successors to Monk!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024