Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA 17:23 - Dec 13 with 26452 viewsyankeephil

It seems a bit sad to watch Villa. Great team history & now facing almost certain relagation. No effort or sense of urgency shown by the players. Man for man Bournemouth is not that much better side, but their level of work is so much higher.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:25 - Dec 13 with 9933 viewsRangersw12

They're doomed and seem to be this year's QPR

I have little sympathy for their fans as always come across as gobby and cocky IMO
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 17:30]
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:29 - Dec 13 with 9922 viewsKerryE

They have been in the third tier in my lifetime
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:41 - Dec 13 with 9886 viewsNov77

They must be bad, just beaten our record of worst start to a premier league season.
We had 7 points after 16 games, they're on 6. We won our 17th game too against foolham.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 17:46 - Dec 13 with 9865 viewspaulparker

One of the most boring football clubs in the whole of the country
About time they were relegated , hopefully Newcastle will follow them
I have this sneaky feeling they will sack garde in the next coupe of weeks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:00 - Dec 13 with 9831 viewsLblock

In the words of Neil Warnock, "I'm lovin it me"

Their fans are the Spurs fans of the Midlands who all have the attitude they should be winning everything

I also look at it from the viewpoint that we would prefer any club coming down to struggle next season and I think they will. They might be a big club but they're also a big mess

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:15 - Dec 13 with 9797 viewswestberksr

They've been dodging relegation for about 4 years and just getting away with 3 other teams being worse than them.

They then sell there 2 best players and lose their best centre back and replace them with rubbish. No Benteke, no survival.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:37 - Dec 13 with 9727 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Sad for them!!! WTF
English football mate kick em on the way down stick the knife in and if you have time twist it,
could not happen to a nicer team along with the barcodes
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:40 - Dec 13 with 9713 viewsTacticalR

Always that peculiar whiff of decay that seems to surround ex-Manchester City players.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:43 - Dec 13 with 9700 viewsHarbour

am enjoying their suffering even we took 4 points off them last season...about time they got relegated..
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:44 - Dec 13 with 9699 viewsdavman

One of the saddest things about last season. We must have been absolutely dog sh 1 te (and we were) to have gone down from a league that included Villa, Sunderland, West Ham and Newcastle. They were absolutely diabolical and yet they ALL managed to stay up at our expense; says it all really on just how bad we were...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:59 - Dec 13 with 9651 viewsDWQPR

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 18:44 - Dec 13 by davman

One of the saddest things about last season. We must have been absolutely dog sh 1 te (and we were) to have gone down from a league that included Villa, Sunderland, West Ham and Newcastle. They were absolutely diabolical and yet they ALL managed to stay up at our expense; says it all really on just how bad we were...

Even worst when you consider that we took 14 points from those four teams. One thing that I will always be grateful for with the benefit of hindsight is them properly showcasing Tactical Tim in all his brilliance.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:10 - Dec 13 with 9609 viewsactonman

Fcuk them and then fcuk them some more ! Still gutted when I think of the game up there when Brad fking goojon decided he was Gordon banks 1970 and after battering the bstards full on for most of the game, we still somehow ended up losing.

Oh and the equaliser last season robbing us of 2 valuable points

Oh and the last min penalty they got at ours that was straight out of the Ashley cheating bstard Young book of tricks a couple of years ago

Sad to see them suffering mr arce !
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:34 - Dec 13 with 9544 viewsbosh67

Forced Sherwood to sell their best players and didn't replace them adequately.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:50 - Dec 13 with 9500 viewsLowerloftLad

There next 8 games villa can pick up a lot of points and a chance to progress in the cup so I can't rule them out as completely doomed just yet as there the cockroaches of the premier league when they drop there going to drop again

Newcastle
WestHam
Norwic
Sunderland
Wycombe
palace
Leicester
west brom
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 19:55]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:53 - Dec 13 with 9486 viewsDoughnut

I remember the glee of that little pr*ck Lambert when they all but relegated us 3-2 ... our first stint in the Prem...March 2013..and last season they survived with Benteke propping up a shite team. After our 2 seasons up there..its no quarter expected and Definately none given!!!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2015 12:25]
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:23 - Dec 13 with 9401 viewsWatford_Ranger

Having lived in Birmingham for three years I wish all Midlands clubs the best of luck except Villa. Villa can burn and die.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 20:33 - Dec 13 with 9362 viewsJamie

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 19:34 - Dec 13 by bosh67

Forced Sherwood to sell their best players and didn't replace them adequately.

That's Sherwoods fault for blowing the £50m on tat.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 21:02 - Dec 13 with 9311 viewsTacticalR

You hear a lot about this on 606 because of Collymore.

The Villa fans were ringing up ages ago saying Villa were gone.

Air hostess clique

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 21:19 - Dec 13 with 9266 viewsMonahoop

Surely they're not going to do a Derby and amass a measly 12 points or less? It could happen, but I doubt it. I think they're doomed though.

I have no issues with Villa as a team. They were once a decent footballing side like ourselves. I much prefer them to Birmingham City, though having witnessed the behaviour of some of their fans at various grounds including at LR in the past, that could have challenged my tolerance towards them.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 22:53 - Dec 13 with 9087 viewsHooped_Pullie

I have a slightly different perspective here…

Must say, have no feelings good or bad for Villa. Don't have direct experience of unsavoury incidents, or fans giving it large.

More concerned though, about the shape of the bottom of the Prem and what it could mean for us. It's entirely possible that Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland will all drop into the Champ at the end of the season. That's three clubs where the absolute demand would exist for an immediate return to the top flight, and the increased money involved would intensify that still further.

My point would be - and yes, I know the Champ will have banana skins waiting for all of them - that any side with ambitions to get promoted would be best advised to do it this season, or face waiting for at least a couple of years. Next season's second tier could very easily be the strongest for a long, long time.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 23:25 - Dec 13 with 9039 viewsenfieldargh

I havnt got over them beating us the in the league cup semi-final 2nd replay at Highbury, bloody Brian Little

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 23:38 - Dec 13 with 9017 viewsTGRRRSSS

They have 6 points, and have 22 games remaining this season (League) So on the 40 point basis - 34 more points at least, so they need to win 10 games and draw a further 4 which allows them only a further 8 defeats from now till May.
This isn't exact science and there are other combinations - (If I've got this wrong well Maths isn't my fave thing) but roughly speaking the above is probably a minimum requirement - away at Geordies next week who've just got 2 wins from Spurs and Liverpool so will be dreaming if no doubt of Champions Leeague finish...

I just can't see it though, Villa look an absolute shambles, no leadership no direction and not enough players who are up to it in a dog battle that we know it is when down the bottom.
I give them about a 2% chance of avoiding relegation, what they do next season would be more curious giving Lerner's lack of interest now, it'll be far less when in Championship.
It's all laid on at Villa to be a superb club, but they blew it in the O'Neill era when lerner went hell for leather failed to get CL football and lost interest
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 08:15 - Dec 14 with 8907 viewssimmo

Sherwood in still, yeah?

Beautiful beautiful ground, the rest needs ripping up and starting again. Although I like Garde.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 09:08 - Dec 14 with 8858 viewseasthertsr

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 22:53 - Dec 13 by Hooped_Pullie

I have a slightly different perspective here…

Must say, have no feelings good or bad for Villa. Don't have direct experience of unsavoury incidents, or fans giving it large.

More concerned though, about the shape of the bottom of the Prem and what it could mean for us. It's entirely possible that Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland will all drop into the Champ at the end of the season. That's three clubs where the absolute demand would exist for an immediate return to the top flight, and the increased money involved would intensify that still further.

My point would be - and yes, I know the Champ will have banana skins waiting for all of them - that any side with ambitions to get promoted would be best advised to do it this season, or face waiting for at least a couple of years. Next season's second tier could very easily be the strongest for a long, long time.

If it was those three who came down then I wouldn't be as worried as you. Sometimes the pressure on 'big' clubs to go straight back up works against them. Villa look a complete shambles, Sunderland likewise, especially at the back and if I had to pick who else I reckon Swansea and the carrot-crunchers will compete for the last place. The championship will be as difficult as always to get out of next season but no more than this. A good pre-season may help!
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ASTON VILLA on 09:49 - Dec 14 with 8804 viewsaston_hoop

My old local team after a good few years living in the area. Great ground but some of the most miserable fans I've ever met. Hoping they go down just because an away game against them next season gives me a good excuse for a trip back up there to visit mates and a decent piss up in the area! Actually, the fact that Tim Sherwood has had a hand in this makes it quite nice too.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024