Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 19:12 - Jan 1 with 13994 viewsted_hendrix

First chance you get get the fck away from this pile of shit, they'll bring you down to their level which is crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie on 14:02 - Jan 4 with 2544 viewsheadhoops

I know jacksh1t but Chas has been 'rested' IMO and that spells transfer - Saints is what I'm hearing.

Tyler Blackwood out on loan to Chicago with one of theirs coming back in return.

This along with Fer makes lung busting run and Henry passes forwards are other predictions.

Source - Nostradamus 1615.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Charlie on 14:04 - Jan 4 with 2539 viewsadhoc_qpr

Charlie on 13:49 - Jan 4 by Bluce_Ree

Urgh... this again, LFW?

Who says that the money we'd get would be reinvested wisely? Or even reinvested in players at all?

Austin may be the only thing standing between us and League One but we'd rather take the money? I mean don't get me wrong, financially £7-8m for a player who gets injured easily is a no-brainer financially but I thought you lot were fans not shareholders.

You really think a club like ours with a manager like ours and a f**king board like ours is going to turn an Austin-sized pile of cash into a couple of decent 'hungry' players who are going to turn our season around? Get real. You want that? Go and support a team that isn't f**ked. Otherwise, stick with the one player we've got who at least has some potential to be great.

I can't see who we'd get to replace Austin with the kind of money we'd get for him in January (£5 or 6m?).

When Gray goes for £9m, what chance do we have of getting a striker who will hit the ground running and score the goals to keep us up?

Not saying there aren't strikers out there we can get, but i just don't know who they are and doubt the club does either given our woeful scouting set up!

I mean Konchesky and Perch were the best fullbacks we could find given a whole summer and strikers are much harder to come by...
Charlie on 14:26 - Jan 4 with 2487 viewsdaveB

if he goes this month best we can hope for is Palace to pay 5 million and give us Dwight Gayle although we'll probably end up with Fraser Campbell
Charlie on 14:26 - Jan 4 with 2485 viewsisawqpratwcity

Charlie on 14:04 - Jan 4 by adhoc_qpr

I can't see who we'd get to replace Austin with the kind of money we'd get for him in January (£5 or 6m?).

When Gray goes for £9m, what chance do we have of getting a striker who will hit the ground running and score the goals to keep us up?

Not saying there aren't strikers out there we can get, but i just don't know who they are and doubt the club does either given our woeful scouting set up!

I mean Konchesky and Perch were the best fullbacks we could find given a whole summer and strikers are much harder to come by...

This poor run of form is probably the best Austin Retention Scheme we have.
Without it Tony and Les would have been looking very hard at clawing back anything for FFP knowing that promotion is off the cards.

As it stands now, they might be more worried about relegation if we move him on.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Charlie on 15:08 - Jan 4 with 2408 viewsNW5Hoop

I disagreed with most here in the summer … I thought we were insane to hold out for £15m for a player with a year left on his contract. Ditto the rejecting of WBA's offer for Phillips. If we had managed to get £18m for those two, rebuilding and meeting FFP would have been an awful lot easier this season, and would have lessened the pressure on the team.
Charlie on 15:20 - Jan 4 with 2388 viewsNW10Hoop

I can't really imagine too many clubs willing to pay £5-7 million for a player they can get for nothing in 6 months. And those that are desperate enough to cough up are probably in danger of getting relegated which would be a bad career move for a player good enough to be a Premier League player for the next few years.

I have loved watching Charlie Austin play in the blue and white hoops, but with the season already petering out (I still don't think relegation is on the cards) - if someone offered above £4 million, and he was up for the move then I'd support the club letting him go. Anything less, and I'd be happy for the club to lose out on a fee and just enjoy having one of the most honest, talented QPR player of recent times play for us a little longer.
Charlie on 16:45 - Jan 4 with 2294 viewsQPRDave

Talk on a Palace forum is they don't think they'll be able to compete in the summer when he's free, so they need to move now, even if they paid £7mill they'd be happy cause it's cheap for a prem proven striker.
I personally think (as I posted) we should cash in if he's willing to go.
Charlie on 17:18 - Jan 4 with 2263 viewssimmo

Charlie on 16:45 - Jan 4 by QPRDave

Talk on a Palace forum is they don't think they'll be able to compete in the summer when he's free, so they need to move now, even if they paid £7mill they'd be happy cause it's cheap for a prem proven striker.
I personally think (as I posted) we should cash in if he's willing to go.

I was under the impression he turned down a move to Palace in the summer.

I think he knows where he wants to go and he will go there in the summer, on his own terms with a massive sign on bonus.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 17:28 - Jan 4 with 2245 viewsQPRDave

Charlie on 17:18 - Jan 4 by simmo

I was under the impression he turned down a move to Palace in the summer.

I think he knows where he wants to go and he will go there in the summer, on his own terms with a massive sign on bonus.

One or two on their forum agree with you simmo, that he turned them down once, and those people think CP should look elsewhere.
Where ever he goes and whenever he goes the debate will be can he play as 1 up front.
Not many play 2 up front
Charlie on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 2217 viewsrobith

Charlie on 15:20 - Jan 4 by NW10Hoop

I can't really imagine too many clubs willing to pay £5-7 million for a player they can get for nothing in 6 months. And those that are desperate enough to cough up are probably in danger of getting relegated which would be a bad career move for a player good enough to be a Premier League player for the next few years.

I have loved watching Charlie Austin play in the blue and white hoops, but with the season already petering out (I still don't think relegation is on the cards) - if someone offered above £4 million, and he was up for the move then I'd support the club letting him go. Anything less, and I'd be happy for the club to lose out on a fee and just enjoy having one of the most honest, talented QPR player of recent times play for us a little longer.

They wouldn't get him for nothing though - one of the reasons players like free transfers is they basically get the transfer fee as their signing fee. So they'll be paying £3m at least anyway for Charlie, probably why he'll stay
Charlie on 17:55 - Jan 4 with 2182 viewsBklynRanger

Where is 'Bumda' anyway? I'm guessing a beach resort in the Far East, Gary Penrice lying on a sun lounger with a transistor radio taped to his head, drunkenly yelling out 'inside info' in exchange for cocktails. Not a bad life.
Charlie on 18:00 - Jan 4 with 2170 views18StoneOfHoop

Charlie on 17:28 - Jan 4 by QPRDave

One or two on their forum agree with you simmo, that he turned them down once, and those people think CP should look elsewhere.
Where ever he goes and whenever he goes the debate will be can he play as 1 up front.
Not many play 2 up front

Times could be changing shortly QPRDave.
2 clubs - Leicester most notably - might play 2 up front in England
but when punditing recently Phil Neville of Valencia said two thirds do in Spain.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Charlie on 18:08 - Jan 4 with 2160 viewseghamranger

If palace don't pay for him in January, Southampton will, if not Spurs will, if not Swansea or villa or Newcastle or Sunderland... He will go and good luck to him. Gayles injured so he won't be coming our way, Jimmy has said he wants 2 strikers in this window and as he was a decent one himself, so will see what we get. I suspect he will go for Bamford.
Charlie on 18:08 - Jan 4 with 2160 viewsLazyFan

Charlie on 15:20 - Jan 4 by NW10Hoop

Hi,
But they cannot get him for nothing or even cheap with a signing on fee. Only ONE of them can get him. And that is why we may have a sale with only 5 months left.

A club like Palace could get him cheap for £7m but if they wait until the summer watch him sign for Saints on more wages who get him for the signing on fee. The risk is a bigger club come in for him for free, like Liverpool did with Ings.

So, they are paying not to have to bid on his wages and signing on fee in the summer. That's why.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Charlie on 18:21 - Jan 4 with 2122 viewsPunteR

We're going to need him for the rest of the season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie on 18:22 - Jan 4 with 1690 viewsingeminate

Charlie on 18:08 - Jan 4 by LazyFan

Hi,
But they cannot get him for nothing or even cheap with a signing on fee. Only ONE of them can get him. And that is why we may have a sale with only 5 months left.

A club like Palace could get him cheap for £7m but if they wait until the summer watch him sign for Saints on more wages who get him for the signing on fee. The risk is a bigger club come in for him for free, like Liverpool did with Ings.

So, they are paying not to have to bid on his wages and signing on fee in the summer. That's why.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I thought Leicester might make a move, realistic shot of top 4, but light up top, could do with cover for Vardy - or poss play together from time to time. Prospect of fighting at top end of table could entice Charlie in to going there.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Charlie on 19:14 - Jan 4 with 1619 viewsQPRDave

Charlie on 18:00 - Jan 4 by 18StoneOfHoop

Times could be changing shortly QPRDave.
2 clubs - Leicester most notably - might play 2 up front in England
but when punditing recently Phil Neville of Valencia said two thirds do in Spain.

cheers 18, lets hope so, I like to see 2 up
Charlie on 19:17 - Jan 4 with 1612 viewsNW10Hoop

Charlie on 17:42 - Jan 4 by robith

They wouldn't get him for nothing though - one of the reasons players like free transfers is they basically get the transfer fee as their signing fee. So they'll be paying £3m at least anyway for Charlie, probably why he'll stay

Yeah I get that. But despite the player getting an inflated signing on fee and wages when out of contract, it's still seen as a saving than having to pay a transfer fee and a regular signing on fee and wages.

I think Charlie is totally in the driving seat with this. Up to him if he waits if and when the offers come in. The point I was trying to make was that there's got to be a lower transfer feethreshold where QPR don't want to sell him, as he's still providing exceptional value for the next 6 months. Even if it's just for the enjoyment of seeing him bang in a few more for a mid table championship side
Charlie on 19:20 - Jan 4 with 1605 viewsdaveB

i don't think any money we are going to get for him now will make much difference to us, i'd keep him and make sure we don't go down and sell off Sandro and a few others.
Charlie on 19:30 - Jan 4 with 1585 viewsSomersetHoops

Charlie on 15:08 - Jan 4 by NW5Hoop

I disagreed with most here in the summer … I thought we were insane to hold out for £15m for a player with a year left on his contract. Ditto the rejecting of WBA's offer for Phillips. If we had managed to get £18m for those two, rebuilding and meeting FFP would have been an awful lot easier this season, and would have lessened the pressure on the team.

I agreed with you on that, and based on Austin only being fit for half the games and only having a year left 12 mil was a good price and we should have taken it while there were chances to replace him. Now its too late to get anything like that and if it happens that he wants to go for nothing at the end of the season and get a good signing-on fee who can blame him. Its unlikely that he would play to the limit and risk injury and a big pay-day, so just demonstrates how inept our owners are and it worries me that Les Ferdinand went along with it. We need someone in that position who can tell the owners when they are being stupid.

Who's Next?

Charlie on 19:36 - Jan 4 with 1569 viewskensalriser

All very well saying we should have taken £12m, but whicht was the deal where this was offered and Austin agreed terms?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charlie on 20:43 - Jan 4 with 1491 viewsjonno

Charlie on 17:42 - Jan 4 by robith

The thing is does the player want to risk playing the rest of the season with us and possibly pick up a serious injury which would scupper any big money move possibly forever? I would think if anything like a decent offer is currently on the table he will go for that now. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case and we have not been playing him to ensure there is no risk of him getting injured and the club losing out on any sort of transfer fee.
Charlie on 21:00 - Jan 4 with 1470 viewsCHUBBS

Hope he stays,we need him to make sure we stay up,we'll only waste the money on more shit players so I'd rather have Charlie for another few months.
Charlie on 08:43 - Jan 5 with 1316 viewspaesanu

I'm trying to rack my brains. As any player ever agreed to a January transfer when he only has 6 months left on his contract?

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Charlie on 09:00 - Jan 5 with 1296 viewsElHoop

He's not going anywhere - he's said that so many times it has become boring. It doesn't matter who offers what or when or why, if he doesn't want to talk to them he won't be leaving, end of story.

Same goes for all these blokes we are supposedly wanting to 'unload' because they are expensive or useless or both - if nobody else wants them then we're stuck with them until their contracts run out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024