Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 19:12 - Jan 1 with 13996 viewsted_hendrix

First chance you get get the fck away from this pile of shit, they'll bring you down to their level which is crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie on 16:52 - Jan 6 with 1936 viewssimmo

Charlie on 15:11 - Jan 6 by ElHoop

My memory is probably failing me but didn't Cook give up his percentage of the fee when we sold him, because we needed the money and Crouch did something like refuse to move unless they put a sell-on fee into the deal. Well something along those lines anyway. They gave us good service too but they helped the club as well when they left, whereas Austin is basically ripping us off for taking his career another step forward.

I think you're right but we were in a different state then. Austin doesn't 'owe' us anything, it's the other way round. As for 'sell on fee' - I think that's probably outweighed by the money we received when we got promoted to the Premiership, which was almost exclusively down to Austin. We didn't take his career another step forwards, he did it himself and took us with him!

I have no idea how anybody can do anything but hold Austin in the highest regard, 45 goals in 82 games is it? For £4m?? All hail and best of luck to him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlie on 16:59 - Jan 6 with 1914 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 16:52 - Jan 6 by simmo

I think you're right but we were in a different state then. Austin doesn't 'owe' us anything, it's the other way round. As for 'sell on fee' - I think that's probably outweighed by the money we received when we got promoted to the Premiership, which was almost exclusively down to Austin. We didn't take his career another step forwards, he did it himself and took us with him!

I have no idea how anybody can do anything but hold Austin in the highest regard, 45 goals in 82 games is it? For £4m?? All hail and best of luck to him.

I don't think that we'll agree on this if we discussed it until Christmas.

So let's get this straight. This is what you believe Simmo:

If a player doesn't work out then we write off the transfer fee and keep paying him until his contract runs out.

If a player does work out then we write off the transfer fee and keep paying him until his contract runs out.

We agree - that's what you reckon?
Charlie on 17:06 - Jan 6 with 1902 viewssimmo

'I don't think that we'll agree on this if we discussed it until Christmas.'

I think you're right.

Charlie on 17:41 - Jan 6 with 1847 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 17:06 - Jan 6 by simmo

'I don't think that we'll agree on this if we discussed it until Christmas.'

I think you're right.

But that scenario IS pretty much what you think though?
Charlie on 18:25 - Jan 6 with 1811 viewssimmo

Charlie on 17:41 - Jan 6 by ElHoop

But that scenario IS pretty much what you think though?

No - that's not relevant to Austin and ridiculously oversimplified. As you know.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 18:29]

Charlie on 18:56 - Jan 6 with 1781 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 18:25 - Jan 6 by simmo

No - that's not relevant to Austin and ridiculously oversimplified. As you know.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 18:29]

It's oversimplified of course it is but I was just interested to know the point at which it is oversimplified that's all. You are the one who said:

'I have no idea how anybody can do anything but hold Austin in the highest regard, 45 goals in 82 games is it? For £4m?? All hail and best of luck to him.'

I didn't think that it was unreasonable to ask the question of what sort of player should be expected to be sold for a fee, which is the complication of the simplification as you describe it, but you are not obliged to explain yourself. It's only a footie forum.
Charlie on 19:32 - Jan 6 with 1734 viewsstansleftfoot

Charlie on 15:11 - Jan 6 by ElHoop

My memory is probably failing me but didn't Cook give up his percentage of the fee when we sold him, because we needed the money and Crouch did something like refuse to move unless they put a sell-on fee into the deal. Well something along those lines anyway. They gave us good service too but they helped the club as well when they left, whereas Austin is basically ripping us off for taking his career another step forward.

Football Clubs enter into Contracts with Players in full knowledge of the outcome. That's particularly galling for Football Fans who always know better, usually in hindsight.
Charlie Austin will never be in a position where he morally or contractually owes QPR money.
The interesting aspect of the Austin story is that nobody wanted to sign him post medicals, questions will still hang over this issue until he goes for another medical.
Austin says he's not going anywhere until the summer, so he will be a free agent. So simply put his contractual obligations to QPR will be over.
QPR took a risk with Austin and he has given remarkable value.
Is there any reason to disbelieve Austin or Ferdinand? It might be possible that the Club feel it would be best to rest Austin until he's fully fit.
Recent performances are so poor, fitness and conditioning are so poor it would be a mistake to put Austin through an intense fitness program that might damage his long term fitness and next career move.
I'd suggest that Austin only wants to go to a Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton, possibly Norwich, ie a relatively, such as any club can be, safe mid table Southern Club.
Ripping us off...? No! Taking his career forward with some intelligent and careful management.. Yes!
Look to any of the other 60 - 70 players this Club has signed in the last 5 years if we need to find rip-offs...you'll find around 60 - 70 I should think, with players like Austin to be counted on one hand!
Charlie on 19:49 - Jan 6 with 1719 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 19:32 - Jan 6 by stansleftfoot

Football Clubs enter into Contracts with Players in full knowledge of the outcome. That's particularly galling for Football Fans who always know better, usually in hindsight.
Charlie Austin will never be in a position where he morally or contractually owes QPR money.
The interesting aspect of the Austin story is that nobody wanted to sign him post medicals, questions will still hang over this issue until he goes for another medical.
Austin says he's not going anywhere until the summer, so he will be a free agent. So simply put his contractual obligations to QPR will be over.
QPR took a risk with Austin and he has given remarkable value.
Is there any reason to disbelieve Austin or Ferdinand? It might be possible that the Club feel it would be best to rest Austin until he's fully fit.
Recent performances are so poor, fitness and conditioning are so poor it would be a mistake to put Austin through an intense fitness program that might damage his long term fitness and next career move.
I'd suggest that Austin only wants to go to a Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton, possibly Norwich, ie a relatively, such as any club can be, safe mid table Southern Club.
Ripping us off...? No! Taking his career forward with some intelligent and careful management.. Yes!
Look to any of the other 60 - 70 players this Club has signed in the last 5 years if we need to find rip-offs...you'll find around 60 - 70 I should think, with players like Austin to be counted on one hand!

Look I'm not going to be marginalised on this one on the basis that Austin has been a great player for us. He has been a great player for us and I'm also happy to see him move on because he joined us to move on up and we can't unfortunately move on up with him. I'd just prefer to have seen him go for a reasonable fee. I can't see anything admirable about the way he's leaving us in financial terms. He was a good buy for £4m yes, and Burnley got £4m which they might have thought wasn't enough but they got it. He did a very good job for them too, but they got £4m. We will probably get nothing. There's not much point in mentioning all of the money we've wasted on useless players if we then lose out on more money on the good ones. If we are incompetent at buying players then why can't we also be incompetent at losing them? I mentioned Cook and Crouch because I think that their conduct was a cut above Austin's. They are proper men.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 20:28 - Jan 6 with 1677 viewsBklynRanger

The way we're playing at the moment Austin staying could be the difference between us staying up or going down. So we'd be getting that out of him as opposed to a transfer fee.
Charlie on 20:52 - Jan 6 with 1655 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 20:28 - Jan 6 by BklynRanger

The way we're playing at the moment Austin staying could be the difference between us staying up or going down. So we'd be getting that out of him as opposed to a transfer fee.

So why do we pay him wages?
Charlie on 20:59 - Jan 6 with 1645 viewsBklynRanger

Charlie on 20:52 - Jan 6 by ElHoop

So why do we pay him wages?

Beg your pardon?
Charlie on 21:06 - Jan 6 with 1632 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 20:59 - Jan 6 by BklynRanger

Beg your pardon?

Never mind.
Charlie on 23:54 - Jan 6 with 1541 viewsFredManRave

This should settle it;

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/01/former-manager-says-charlie-austin-being-awkward
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 23:55]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Charlie on 11:01 - Jan 7 with 1447 viewsDanVanDyke

Charlie on 23:54 - Jan 6 by FredManRave

This should settle it;

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/01/former-manager-says-charlie-austin-being-awkward
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 23:55]

If there's any substance in that, it perversely makes Charlie one of the most honourable footballers around. Most players we've seen in a similar position in the summer would have handed in a transfer request and effectively gone on strike to push through the move. Seems a bit of a dichotomy to not do that, accept nobody met the valuation and then punish the club by waiting until his contract expires.

My take is that he didn't fancy any of the clubs who did enquire (foolishly with hindsight if it was Leicster and Palace) and as stated many times, makes a mint out of being a free agent and increases the number of interested clubs. Again as many have stated who's gong to come knocking in Jan that didn't in the summer? The clubs in relegation trouble r maybe those who lose strikers o have injuries. He still gains most by waiting until the summer.
Charlie on 11:09 - Jan 7 with 1420 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlie on 11:01 - Jan 7 by DanVanDyke

If there's any substance in that, it perversely makes Charlie one of the most honourable footballers around. Most players we've seen in a similar position in the summer would have handed in a transfer request and effectively gone on strike to push through the move. Seems a bit of a dichotomy to not do that, accept nobody met the valuation and then punish the club by waiting until his contract expires.

My take is that he didn't fancy any of the clubs who did enquire (foolishly with hindsight if it was Leicster and Palace) and as stated many times, makes a mint out of being a free agent and increases the number of interested clubs. Again as many have stated who's gong to come knocking in Jan that didn't in the summer? The clubs in relegation trouble r maybe those who lose strikers o have injuries. He still gains most by waiting until the summer.

Expect there is a grain of truth, he didn't seem that up for it at Charlton. He has, however, given his best efforts since then. Love NW and his comments but he is always wanting to be listened to and prone to a bit of exaggeration!
Charlie on 12:00 - Jan 7 with 1387 viewsDanVanDyke

Charlie on 11:09 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

Expect there is a grain of truth, he didn't seem that up for it at Charlton. He has, however, given his best efforts since then. Love NW and his comments but he is always wanting to be listened to and prone to a bit of exaggeration!

Agree about NW wholeheartedly, I think he's exaggerating the 'punish the club' angle. Charlie might not have fancied Leicester when they bid £12 million, but he could've asked to talk to them and used this to try and flush out other offers once other clubs saw that we were willing to move on valuation. He had all the power in the summer, if he'd wanted to move then he could've easily engineered it. Our 'hold out for £15 mill' stance was just hot air to appease fans and a bit of chutzpah. If a southern based club had wanted him and bid between £10 -£12 million, he could have forced our hand. I just think he's quite picky over who he wants to move to (rightly!) and those clubs didn't come in for him for whatever reason.
Charlie on 15:22 - Jan 7 with 1317 viewsdaveB

The club didn't stop him leaving in the summer, Austin himself turned down 2 moves.

Pardew has come out and said he is not interested in Austin so fully expect him to stay unless Southampton make a move
Charlie on 16:41 - Jan 7 with 1239 viewsQPRDave

Charlie on 15:22 - Jan 7 by daveB

The club didn't stop him leaving in the summer, Austin himself turned down 2 moves.

Pardew has come out and said he is not interested in Austin so fully expect him to stay unless Southampton make a move

Or Brighton!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024