Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 19:12 - Jan 1 with 13995 viewsted_hendrix

First chance you get get the fck away from this pile of shit, they'll bring you down to their level which is crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie on 11:16 - Jan 5 with 2013 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie on 18:08 - Jan 4 by eghamranger

If palace don't pay for him in January, Southampton will, if not Spurs will, if not Swansea or villa or Newcastle or Sunderland... He will go and good luck to him. Gayles injured so he won't be coming our way, Jimmy has said he wants 2 strikers in this window and as he was a decent one himself, so will see what we get. I suspect he will go for Bamford.

You can have £1000 with me that he goes to Villa or Sunderland in Jan - even Newcastle is pushing it a bit.

Why on earth would he go to Villa - that's insane!
Charlie on 12:21 - Jan 5 with 1967 viewsNW5Hoop

Charlie on 19:36 - Jan 4 by kensalriser

All very well saying we should have taken £12m, but whicht was the deal where this was offered and Austin agreed terms?

Leicester offered £12m, which was turned down by QPR while Austin was on his honeymoon. So there was no chance to even offer terms to the player.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/03/qpr-turn-down-bid-leicester-char
Charlie on 12:26 - Jan 5 with 1959 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie on 12:21 - Jan 5 by NW5Hoop

Leicester offered £12m, which was turned down by QPR while Austin was on his honeymoon. So there was no chance to even offer terms to the player.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/03/qpr-turn-down-bid-leicester-char

Not very likely he would have signed for a managerless club who everyone was predicting a season of struggle for though was there?
Charlie on 12:35 - Jan 5 with 1921 viewsNW5Hoop

Charlie on 12:26 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

Not very likely he would have signed for a managerless club who everyone was predicting a season of struggle for though was there?

We don't know, do we? Because the offer was turned down before it was put to Austin, so no one knows what he would have done. For the record, Ranieri was put in place 10 days after the offer was turned down, so it could easily have been revived had the club had any interest in taking it.

Palace also had a £12m bid rejected, and an offer from a stable, midtable London club who were investing in players might well have been attractive to Austin.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 12:50]
Charlie on 13:57 - Jan 5 with 1847 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie on 12:35 - Jan 5 by NW5Hoop

We don't know, do we? Because the offer was turned down before it was put to Austin, so no one knows what he would have done. For the record, Ranieri was put in place 10 days after the offer was turned down, so it could easily have been revived had the club had any interest in taking it.

Palace also had a £12m bid rejected, and an offer from a stable, midtable London club who were investing in players might well have been attractive to Austin.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 12:50]

and you don't think in this day and age, if a player wanted to go/talk to a club - he wouldn't?

Ranieri, a complete red herring - most, including myself ,Gary Lineker & the bookies!, thought he would make them worse - not title contenders!
Charlie on 16:01 - Jan 5 with 1807 viewsNW5Hoop

Charlie on 13:57 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

and you don't think in this day and age, if a player wanted to go/talk to a club - he wouldn't?

Ranieri, a complete red herring - most, including myself ,Gary Lineker & the bookies!, thought he would make them worse - not title contenders!

I know facts are inconvenient here, but I was asked who had even offered £12m for Austin. And the answer is two clubs. I was also asked who had offered him acceptable terms, and the answer is no one, because you can't offer terms to a player unless your offer is accepted. Those are facts. We turned down £12m for Austin, and we were mad to do so. No amount of you saying you don't think — based on no knowledge of his preferences whatsoever — that he wanted to go to either of those clubs changes those actual facts.
Charlie on 17:52 - Jan 5 with 1746 viewsdaveB

If the club had accepted a 12million bid with still 2 months of the window left they'd have been slaughtered by us for accepting the first bid and not holding out for more
Charlie on 18:02 - Jan 5 with 1739 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 17:52 - Jan 5 by daveB

If the club had accepted a 12million bid with still 2 months of the window left they'd have been slaughtered by us for accepting the first bid and not holding out for more

You must surely be aware by now that no matter what happens there's a slag-off angle out there somewhere.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 19:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 18:42 - Jan 5 with 1696 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie on 16:01 - Jan 5 by NW5Hoop

I know facts are inconvenient here, but I was asked who had even offered £12m for Austin. And the answer is two clubs. I was also asked who had offered him acceptable terms, and the answer is no one, because you can't offer terms to a player unless your offer is accepted. Those are facts. We turned down £12m for Austin, and we were mad to do so. No amount of you saying you don't think — based on no knowledge of his preferences whatsoever — that he wanted to go to either of those clubs changes those actual facts.

Do you want to answer my question now?

In the modern game if a player wants to leave & doesn't want to play for host any club any longer, you think they stay and in Charlie's case stay and actually do pretty well?

He said himself he considered leaving after the Charlton game - odd that if he was "prevented" from talking to anyone else by the club?

If he wanted to leave in the summer he would have done.

As Dave said, whatever happens in the end it will be spun that QPR f***d it up, when in fact he has been an amazing signing and something of a gamble that paid off given his failed medical.
Charlie on 18:55 - Jan 5 with 1673 viewsted_hendrix

I see that Reading have now accepted a bid from Sheffield Wednesday for Nick Blackman who like Charlie is also out of contract at the end of the season, he's banged in 13 goals so far and is a bloody good player.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie on 12:29 - Jan 6 with 1549 viewsNW5Hoop

Charlie on 18:42 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

Do you want to answer my question now?

In the modern game if a player wants to leave & doesn't want to play for host any club any longer, you think they stay and in Charlie's case stay and actually do pretty well?

He said himself he considered leaving after the Charlton game - odd that if he was "prevented" from talking to anyone else by the club?

If he wanted to leave in the summer he would have done.

As Dave said, whatever happens in the end it will be spun that QPR f***d it up, when in fact he has been an amazing signing and something of a gamble that paid off given his failed medical.

What either of think is absolutely irrelevant, because neither of us know what Austin thought during the summer. However, my belief is that if he had been allowed to talk to a Premier League club, he would have left QPR. If he was desperate to leave in the summer he would have done so whatever the club wanted, but there's a huge gap between being desperate to leave and wanting to stay. Nothing he said in the summer, which was all variants of "It's up to the club", suggested a man desperate to be at Loftus Road this season. Again, look at the actual facts. Clearly you have an aversion to them, but they're all pretty clear in this case.

On the point that we would have slaughtered the club for accepting £12m, well, I wouldn't have.
Charlie on 12:30 - Jan 6 with 1540 viewsdaveB

Charlie on 12:29 - Jan 6 by NW5Hoop

What either of think is absolutely irrelevant, because neither of us know what Austin thought during the summer. However, my belief is that if he had been allowed to talk to a Premier League club, he would have left QPR. If he was desperate to leave in the summer he would have done so whatever the club wanted, but there's a huge gap between being desperate to leave and wanting to stay. Nothing he said in the summer, which was all variants of "It's up to the club", suggested a man desperate to be at Loftus Road this season. Again, look at the actual facts. Clearly you have an aversion to them, but they're all pretty clear in this case.

On the point that we would have slaughtered the club for accepting £12m, well, I wouldn't have.

Austin himself said he spoke to a few clubs but turned them down
Charlie on 12:53 - Jan 6 with 1523 viewsNW5Hoop

Charlie on 12:30 - Jan 6 by daveB

Austin himself said he spoke to a few clubs but turned them down

That's not quite what he said, and the gap is important. On 1 September there were several reports saying he had turned down at least one club, though none of them actually quoted him or anyone connected with him. On 10 September, after the window was closed, and he was stuck at QPR, and had already been criticised by fans for a lackadaisical attitude, he told TalkSport he turned down one move for family reasons, which looks like it might well have been Newcastle. He didn't speak about anything else concerning moving.
Charlie on 13:08 - Jan 6 with 1488 viewsJamie

Southampton open to moving Pelle on, in which case I'd be amazed if they didn't come in for him. They had him lined up last summer if Pelle went.
Charlie on 13:14 - Jan 6 with 1466 viewssimmo

Charlie on 13:08 - Jan 6 by Jamie

Southampton open to moving Pelle on, in which case I'd be amazed if they didn't come in for him. They had him lined up last summer if Pelle went.

His preferred option as I understand it, but if he waits until the summer he saves them millions, which they can redirect towards him.... It's smart from him and we can't complain, for what he's given us, he's earned the right to leave in his terms.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlie on 13:21 - Jan 6 with 1442 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 13:14 - Jan 6 by simmo

His preferred option as I understand it, but if he waits until the summer he saves them millions, which they can redirect towards him.... It's smart from him and we can't complain, for what he's given us, he's earned the right to leave in his terms.

Not quite a Lee Cook or Peter Crouch though is he? Just saying.
Charlie on 13:29 - Jan 6 with 1417 viewsR_from_afar

Charlie on 14:26 - Jan 4 by daveB

if he goes this month best we can hope for is Palace to pay 5 million and give us Dwight Gayle although we'll probably end up with Fraser Campbell

It's surely more likely that Palace will offer us Crystal Gayle and that we will actually end up with Naomi Campbell...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Charlie on 13:33 - Jan 6 with 1410 viewsJamie

Charlie on 13:14 - Jan 6 by simmo

Way down on goals compared to last season and only won 1 of their last 7, along with Pelle & Sane quite possibly moving this month, so I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it up to this window and still gave him a hefty signing on fee.
Charlie on 13:46 - Jan 6 with 1381 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Charlie on 13:33 - Jan 6 by Jamie

Way down on goals compared to last season and only won 1 of their last 7, along with Pelle & Sane quite possibly moving this month, so I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it up to this window and still gave him a hefty signing on fee.

Yes, despite improving lateley (despite their lack of points) they will still be looking over there shoulder at the relegation zone.
Charlie on 13:51 - Jan 6 with 1368 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie on 12:29 - Jan 6 by NW5Hoop

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess but Les F's quote in Eve Std today rather backs up my opinion.

Re Charlie move
“Yet we are still in a position where someone could offer £10m but if he doesn’t want to go, he’s not going"
Charlie on 14:05 - Jan 6 with 1345 viewssimmo

Charlie on 13:33 - Jan 6 by Jamie

Yeah the recent drop off for Pelle might force their hand slightly, that being said they are already effectively over for the season, not gonna be relegated, not in Europe, so might as well settle and put things in place for the end of the season.

Charlie on 14:06 - Jan 6 with 1343 viewssimmo

Charlie on 13:21 - Jan 6 by ElHoop

Not quite a Lee Cook or Peter Crouch though is he? Just saying.

I don't understand what that means.

Charlie on 14:20 - Jan 6 with 1318 viewsJamie

Charlie on 14:05 - Jan 6 by simmo

Yeah the recent drop off for Pelle might force their hand slightly, that being said they are already effectively over for the season, not gonna be relegated, not in Europe, so might as well settle and put things in place for the end of the season.

Wouldn't go so far as to say they're not going to be relegated. Whilst a seemingly comfortable 7 points clear of the relegation zone, they are only a clue of points ahead of the group outside the zone, their best player is all but certain to leave, they're on a horrible run of form, have got a very tricky next two months of fixtures ahead, their top scorer is available for transfer and rumours that Koeman isn't entirely happy at the club.

As said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they gave Austin a huge deal to get him in and scoring now.
Charlie on 14:36 - Jan 6 with 1297 viewssimmo

Charlie on 14:20 - Jan 6 by Jamie

Wouldn't go so far as to say they're not going to be relegated. Whilst a seemingly comfortable 7 points clear of the relegation zone, they are only a clue of points ahead of the group outside the zone, their best player is all but certain to leave, they're on a horrible run of form, have got a very tricky next two months of fixtures ahead, their top scorer is available for transfer and rumours that Koeman isn't entirely happy at the club.

As said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they gave Austin a huge deal to get him in and scoring now.

Yeah I can see it happening too, but they're not in trouble. They have enough to easily be better than 3 teams below them. As you say though, they can lay down £7-8m now and get a guaranteed 5-10 goals between now and the end of the season plus a player already in the team and settled for next year.

Charlie on 15:11 - Jan 6 with 1266 viewsElHoop

Charlie on 14:06 - Jan 6 by simmo

I don't understand what that means.

My memory is probably failing me but didn't Cook give up his percentage of the fee when we sold him, because we needed the money and Crouch did something like refuse to move unless they put a sell-on fee into the deal. Well something along those lines anyway. They gave us good service too but they helped the club as well when they left, whereas Austin is basically ripping us off for taking his career another step forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024