Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) 19:37 - Mar 3 with 12280 viewsHayesender

I see Hollywood have decided to ruin yet another classic from my childhood by pc-ing it up.

This looks frigging awful

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 19:48 - Mar 3 with 5875 viewsPunteR

pants

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 20:46 - Mar 3 with 5824 viewsbosh67

Just looks like a female led reboot of the original. Lazy. The actresses are all good but not sure this was the way to go. If they wanted an all female cast do it another way because you are never going to outdo Ackroyd, Murray and co!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 5814 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I believe that Ackroyd originally intended for it to be an all female cast but didn't think it would fly back in the day when the first films were released, so this may be more of what he had imagined. Whether it works or not...I doubt it, I don't like reboots as a general rule (although there are some great ones!).

Ackroyd also planned a Ghostbusters 3 & 4 which never happened sadly and now I guess never will in the guise which we know and love.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 20:53 - Mar 3 with 5814 viewsdaveB

that looks awful
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 21:19 - Mar 3 with 5779 viewsToast_R

To be honest he second one was sh*t anyway.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 22:47 - Mar 3 with 5688 viewsTheBlob

Remakes no good?
I heard Breast Side Story was all right.
As was Schindler's Fist.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 22:55 - Mar 3 with 5679 viewsNorthernr

Dreadful idea dreadfully executed. The movie industry is a fcking shower at the moment. Either remakes or superhero franchise or remakes of superhero franchises. Lots of movie producers, directors and talent getting involved in TV now - places like HBO and Netflix is where your quality content is.

Maybe we could re-do Schindler's List with Caitlyn Jenner in a prominent role?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 23:53 - Mar 3 with 5637 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 22:55 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Dreadful idea dreadfully executed. The movie industry is a fcking shower at the moment. Either remakes or superhero franchise or remakes of superhero franchises. Lots of movie producers, directors and talent getting involved in TV now - places like HBO and Netflix is where your quality content is.

Maybe we could re-do Schindler's List with Caitlyn Jenner in a prominent role?

This post has been edited by an administrator

"The movie industry is a fcking shower at the moment."

For years Hollywood has been making shoite to appeal to it's supposed main demographic audience, 10-15 year olds. All these re-makes of classic adult movies, Robocop etc have been diluted of adult content to get more asses on seats.

They've been aiming at the wrong target. Deadpool, a violent, blood filled, funny, swear-fest of an adult movie, attached to the Marvel superhero genre actually had the most profitable opening weekend of all Marvel superhero movies ever!

Sod the bloody teenagers, give us adults summat to go and watch!
Login to get fewer ads

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 08:38 - Mar 4 with 5536 viewssimmo

Fcking atrocious.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:02 - Mar 4 with 5516 viewsBluce_Ree

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 23:53 - Mar 3 by Hoop_Du_Jour

"The movie industry is a fcking shower at the moment."

For years Hollywood has been making shoite to appeal to it's supposed main demographic audience, 10-15 year olds. All these re-makes of classic adult movies, Robocop etc have been diluted of adult content to get more asses on seats.

They've been aiming at the wrong target. Deadpool, a violent, blood filled, funny, swear-fest of an adult movie, attached to the Marvel superhero genre actually had the most profitable opening weekend of all Marvel superhero movies ever!

Sod the bloody teenagers, give us adults summat to go and watch!

THIS.

Whenever anything comes out and is a 15 or, worse, a 12 you just know it's going to suck. Deadpool would have been horrible if it was a 12.

Like toast said, Ghostbusters 2 wasn't all that (I wouldn't say it was shit) which softens the blow of this bullshit.

Shame really. Ghostbusters is one of the best films ever.

http://www.the80smovieclub.co.uk/ten-reasons-why-ghostbusters-is-the-best-film-e

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:20 - Mar 4 with 5498 viewspaulparker

Northern is right , the amount of crap on the big screens these days is through the roof
how many super hero, or marvel films are there FFS , I couldn't believe they re done spider man a couple of years ago, where is the imagination these days ?
also has anyone seen the trailer for London has fallen ? I honestly thought it was a wind up or an advert, it looks fcuking terrible and something a 10 year old has produced
is that it , is that what the big blockbusters are now ? Gerald butler & morgan freeman saving London ??
Ghostbusters , like all 80's films they are like a comfort blanket they served a purpose yes they were cheesy but it was a sign of the times you cannot recreate stuff from 30 years ago it doesn't work as seen from the remakes of Wall street, Predator, total recall, & national lampoons vacation,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:32 - Mar 4 with 5486 viewsMrSheen

I can't be the only person who thought the original was dogshit. The remake could hardly be worse.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:39 - Mar 4 with 5478 viewsrobith

I think it looks alright
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:42 - Mar 4 with 5474 viewssimmo

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:32 - Mar 4 by MrSheen

I can't be the only person who thought the original was dogshit. The remake could hardly be worse.

Blasphemous! The original was and is brilliant.

There are still some good films about if people are interested in finding them. Watched Beast of no Nation last night, as an example. Thought it was really good. Going to watch Spotlight and Room this weekend.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:49 - Mar 4 with 5462 viewsBluce_Ree

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:32 - Mar 4 by MrSheen

You know who else doesn't like Ghostbusters?

ISIS.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:58 - Mar 4 with 5452 views1MoreBrightonR

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 09:49 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

You know who else doesn't like Ghostbusters?

ISIS.

Ha ha...possibly the best reply on this messageboard ever!

I studied film studies years ago and generally when Hollywood starts relying on remakes, sequels and special effects, it's seen as a sign that the industry is weak however the last few years i'm pretty sure numbers have been very high in terms of cinema attendance. odd one.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:00 - Mar 4 with 5448 viewsToast_R

I think there needs to be a little bit of stock taken here.
When you watched movies as a kid such as Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Last Star Fighter , The Labyrinth etc, they were exceptional because they appealed to you as a kid of that era..

You watch them now as an adult and they are actually quite bad, I mean come on, has anyone recently sat through any of these from start to finish and thought they are just as good as the first time you sat there watching them on VHS?
Rarely do they stand the test of time. The worst thing is when you sit your child or nephew/niece down to watch them on the promise of a great movie and even they think it's bad.

The only kids movies that stand the test of time that I can think of are Star Wars and Back to the Future 1.Even Return of the Jedi is skating on thin ice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this re-make is a kids film aimed at kids of this era. They will appreciate it far more then if they sat through the originals, that's just the way it is. It's not a movie which has us old farts targeted as it's intended audience.

In 35 to 50 years time when it's re-made again for the virtual holographic immersion audience, no doubt the kids of 2016 will say it's pants in comparison to what they had.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 10:09]
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:05 - Mar 4 with 5433 views1MoreBrightonR

Partially agree with this....Goonies is pretty bad as a film, even if i still love it and there are a few in that bracket. Ghostbusters i still mantain is good and i know people who were adults when it came out and loved it. Indiana Jones films have tstood up well (not the recent one...fcking awful).

Ferris Buelers Day Off is a rare film that i actually thought was better when i saw it as an adult.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:14 - Mar 4 with 5415 viewsToast_R

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:05 - Mar 4 by 1MoreBrightonR

Partially agree with this....Goonies is pretty bad as a film, even if i still love it and there are a few in that bracket. Ghostbusters i still mantain is good and i know people who were adults when it came out and loved it. Indiana Jones films have tstood up well (not the recent one...fcking awful).

Ferris Buelers Day Off is a rare film that i actually thought was better when i saw it as an adult.

Ferris Buelers is more a young adults (sorry for the Ben Elton jibe) film really. Slightly edgy in the same bracket at The Breakfast Club and such alike.

The certainly wouldn't be promoting the film on the back of cereal boxes like they would kids movies.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 10:15]
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:20 - Mar 4 with 5401 viewssimmo

But that's because of attention spans, I read somewhere recently that the average scene is less than half of what it was 20 years ago as the attention spans of people are too small now to stay engaged. I have rewatched loads of films from that era that I still really love! Lost Boys, Back to the Future, Stand by Me, Gremlins, Robocop etc. The only ones that I think are not as good when watching back are the ones where the 'effects' look especially dated, like Never ending Story or Labyrinth. Films you watch now are never going to mean the same as they did when you were watching as a kid, but they are still quality and I think I am really lucky to have grown up with the best generation of 'fun' films!

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:22 - Mar 4 with 5401 viewsmikeygunn

Ok, who bought the dog?
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 5379 viewsRangersDave

I see the release date is July 15th this year.....so....... Look out for it in the bargain bins of your local W.H.Smith on July 17th.

Holy crap batman, more Hollywood dross from the land of the free and the home of shit movies at the moment.

They are devoid of fresh ideas, or simply don't want to pay money to develop fresh ideas when an easy scoop is to 'reboot'........ Start wars.....reboot, ghost busters....reboot, fantastic four....reboot,........Spider-Man.......reboot........superman and batman........reboot and not really 'versus' either........., robocop......reboot, Star Trek......reboot ( don't get me started on how bad the new one looks), Bourne........reboot ( when Damon said no more) good lord I could go on but for fear of being rebooted myself.

We are just as bad over here though...... Dads army, carry on, st Trinians, Bond, all yuck!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:37 - Mar 4 with 5372 viewsadhoc_qpr

Regardless of whether you like the original Ghostbusters or not - that is a terrible trailer with in all likelihood a terrible film to follow!

But then again, it's from the director of the awful Bridesmaids, so i wouldn't have expected much else.

Deadpool was great, but i guarantee that Hollywood will take the wrong lesson from it's success! Deadpool works because the people behind it obviously love the character and we're given the full creative freedom to make the film the character needed to work (in this case an R rated one)

What we'll get now is a slew of needlessly R rated superhero films, made without any of the care and attention of Deadpool though.
Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:43 - Mar 4 with 5360 viewsBluce_Ree

One good remake was The Thing (2011). Sure, not as good as the perfect 1982 original (itself a remake of sorts) but still very strong. Actually a prequel but it doesn't reveal that for a long time.

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:48 - Mar 4 with 5355 viewsRangersDave

Ghostbusters (non QPR obviously) on 10:43 - Mar 4 by Bluce_Ree

One good remake was The Thing (2011). Sure, not as good as the perfect 1982 original (itself a remake of sorts) but still very strong. Actually a prequel but it doesn't reveal that for a long time.

Dear god nooooooooooo!

Was terrible.

Bluce, go into hiding mate, how dare you compare the marvel against the turd. Lol

It was no where near fit enough to lace the boots of the Curt Russel movie. In fact it was terrible in the extreme.....acting, special effects etc.

Besides it was such a rip off that it's almost scene for scene the same but with crap everything thrown in for good measure.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024