Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! 23:43 - May 10 with 3429 viewsFredManRave

The theme running through the majority of post(er)s on nearly all the football related posts in the last week.

I know I've mentioned it recently on the Holloway "In/Out" poll but, fcek it, everybody else is starting new threads about the same subject and Clive needs his Holiday Peroni money so;

I still can't get my head round what I'm reading on here by the vast majority. I'm pretty sure it's the same erstwhile bunch that within the last couple of years were "shouting people down" who wanted to get rid of either/and/or (probably "and" in most cases) Ramsey and JFH and explaining the virtues of stability and being given time and that there is zero guarantee of improvement with making a change and history would suggest that in fact it would still be just as bad. Questioning the type of fans that we've become because when we don't get "instant" success then we ask for the managers head. Reiterating the fact that we're a mid to lower championship team and that our expectations should be in line with that fact, hard as that may be to take. I could go on, but I think I'm making my point.

And yet here we are now with what I believe to be the same group of people saying we should sack Holloway before the season even starts after his "disastrous" (their words not mine!) 6 month stint with us. And that's even taking into account that we are a much more settled club, off the field at least, than we have been for many a year.

I'm obviously not slagging anybody off, not by any means, everyone is entitled to their opinion even more so those that have to sit and suffer "it" but I'm just finding it so weird and ironic that so many people seem to have changed their tune on a theme that they were so vehemently backing the last two times this type of discussion was around; stability, no guarantee of improvement, no decent/obvious replacements, these things take time, dealing with FFP, no money to spend etc etc. And all of this "against" Holloway compared to the comparative backing that Ramsey and JFH recieved and yet they had as much personality, passion and pride between them as Holloway has got in his little finger. Not forgetting Holloways actual experience, both good and bad and standing, once good now quite bad, within the club.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong or there's something I'm missing but I really don't think there is on either count.

Not for the first time daveB is the person I find myself agreeing with most. His take on the situation is pretty much spot on, imo.

As there's no weird or ironic emoticon I'll have to leave this one which just sums up my reaction to the extreme negative reactions and criticisms Holloway is taking from so many;

[Post edited 10 May 2017 23:48]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 23:51 - May 10 with 2474 viewsPunteR

Guilty as charged.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 23:57 - May 10 with 2466 viewsHunterhoop

Fred, If you're targeting this at me, amongst others obviously, you clearly haven't read my posts properly. Or you're doing the classic "lump people with different opinions into a broad faction in order to create a straw man to knock down" approach, so as to appear intelligent, when it's really not. Or maybe your comment has nowt to do with me, even though I was probably the most vocal of the "erstwhile bunch" you refer to.

To be clear, I want Holloway to get a full pre season and then a full season, before a decision is made. Just like I did with JFH and Ramsey before.

I wholeheartedly back Les and Hoos and the broad direction of the club.

I'm still excited about next year.

But, yeah, I think Holloway has done a pretty poor job so far. Oh, and if I've not mentioned it enough, I want him to play with more width!
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 00:10 - May 11 with 2450 viewsFredManRave

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 23:57 - May 10 by Hunterhoop

Fred, If you're targeting this at me, amongst others obviously, you clearly haven't read my posts properly. Or you're doing the classic "lump people with different opinions into a broad faction in order to create a straw man to knock down" approach, so as to appear intelligent, when it's really not. Or maybe your comment has nowt to do with me, even though I was probably the most vocal of the "erstwhile bunch" you refer to.

To be clear, I want Holloway to get a full pre season and then a full season, before a decision is made. Just like I did with JFH and Ramsey before.

I wholeheartedly back Les and Hoos and the broad direction of the club.

I'm still excited about next year.

But, yeah, I think Holloway has done a pretty poor job so far. Oh, and if I've not mentioned it enough, I want him to play with more width!

Hunter, your post actually makes it clearly obvious that I wasn't targeting you because as you say, you want Holloway to be given a full season. Therefore, impossible that you could be a member of the "erstwhile bunch". And I'm not really "targeting" anybody as you suggest it's more an observation of the way I feel that the forum reads in general with this present situation as opposed to how it felt in the two previous similar situations.

Again, I'm just surprised that even by our "standards" the change in momentum from the positivity and hope of Holloways appointment a mere 6 months ago has now become "Where did it all go wrong etc" in such a short period of time.

And please, I don't have to appear to make myself intelligent. I mean, how difficult can it be to knock a straw man down?!

Insert insulted emoticon here.

[Post edited 11 May 2017 0:13]

I've got the Power.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 01:34 - May 11 with 2393 viewsQPR_Jim

I might fit your description, although I think I've only said I want Holloway to go once and I haven't claimed he's been disastrous. I certainly wasn't even entertaining the idea prior to the season finishing.

My reasoning is purely that results haven't improved under him. I honestly can't see him surviving next season if he's results continue in the same way which will mean another rushed mid-season appointment. Since Warnock was sacked every manager has been appointed mid-season (even he was and numerous before him). I just think it's a good chance to get someone in with none of the pressure or distractions that come with being half way through a season. To give a new manager a clean slate so he can start the season with some good will rather than having used it all up trying to struggle through half a season after being parachuted in to the club. Maybe then, just maybe, we will get through a whole season without changing manager. A feat managed only once since Warnock left if my memory is correct.
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 02:18 - May 11 with 2382 viewsPunteR

Here's the thing.
Firstly, as much as I want Holloway to succeed , I just can't see past how bad the results and performances were this season. Especially when we witnessed how well they can play during that March period. I guess expectations/hope increased.(again!)
Secondly, I just can't see our board sticking with him till the end of next season anyway. So now is the best time for a new manager.
Thirdly. My memorys of Holloway being an absolute legend at the club are being somewhat tarnished. I was genuinely concerned about his welfare a couple of years ago just before he joined sky and I'm starting to see signs of him looking jaded. I'd hate to see our club finish him off so to speak and I think I preferred him back in the studio making honest and sometimes daft comments.
For me Holloway was somebody the club should cherish and it made me a bit angry that the board put him back in the firing line again just to cover their own ineptitude. I was really concerned it just wasn't going to work out.
Let's face it, it hasn't gone well so far.
On the flipside it is still early days. I do think his signings have made a small improvement to the team. I am also intrigued to see how with Penrice imput he can make some more good additions to the squad within budget.
However , i can see where other posters on here are concerned on that.
We nearly got relegated to L1 which would have been a disaster. His chopping and changing nearly back fired and for what? To decide actually he just needs new players..? That tactic has never really worked before and the club never let's managers stay long enough to implement their ideas anyway so we're lumbered with more players not knowing if they are coming or going.
Bottom line is who do we get to replace him?

If the club want to keep him on for next season I'll support him the whole way through. 100%.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 02:36 - May 11 with 2374 viewsFredManRave

QPR_Jim
"I just think it's a good chance to get someone in with none of the pressure or distractions that come with being half way through a season. To give a new manager a clean slate so he can start the season with some good will rather than having used it all up trying to struggle through half a season after being parachuted in to the club".

This is kind of my point Jim. I'll highlight again the opinion that Holloway has used up all his goodwill! That's the opinion that I've been so surprised to read so many times.

As to your point in general, I personally believe it makes more sense to keep the manager who has had 6 months to have a look at the players, try things out, deal with issues, and identify who he wants to keep and the additions he needs. The backroom staff is all in place and my heart tells me it's a good one. Let's give them a preseason to get the players ready and to hopefully offload the ones identified as being surplus and get in the ones we can afford and that have been scouted.

It's also been mentioned today the reasons for the changing of the team/set up due to injuries and extenueating circumstances, as happens at all clubs. Obviously some will look to knock that suggestion as has already happened.

Without sounding like a broken record (too late?!) I just think it's in the clubs best interests to carry on what they've started rather than cutting and running after only 6 months. Pay off?! Look for a new manager which bearing in mind recent history suggests it's highly unlikely we'll get the best candidate. Then new backroom staff. Then getting to know the squad and identify the ins and outs. That'll take us to end of June, more realistically early July, 1 month before the new season.

I just don't see the alleged pros (which come with zero guarantee but plenty of cash outlay) outweighing the cons of sticking with Holloway.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 2:38]

I've got the Power.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! (n/t) on 05:01 - May 11 with 2333 viewsrbrb999

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 02:36 - May 11 by FredManRave

QPR_Jim
"I just think it's a good chance to get someone in with none of the pressure or distractions that come with being half way through a season. To give a new manager a clean slate so he can start the season with some good will rather than having used it all up trying to struggle through half a season after being parachuted in to the club".

This is kind of my point Jim. I'll highlight again the opinion that Holloway has used up all his goodwill! That's the opinion that I've been so surprised to read so many times.

As to your point in general, I personally believe it makes more sense to keep the manager who has had 6 months to have a look at the players, try things out, deal with issues, and identify who he wants to keep and the additions he needs. The backroom staff is all in place and my heart tells me it's a good one. Let's give them a preseason to get the players ready and to hopefully offload the ones identified as being surplus and get in the ones we can afford and that have been scouted.

It's also been mentioned today the reasons for the changing of the team/set up due to injuries and extenueating circumstances, as happens at all clubs. Obviously some will look to knock that suggestion as has already happened.

Without sounding like a broken record (too late?!) I just think it's in the clubs best interests to carry on what they've started rather than cutting and running after only 6 months. Pay off?! Look for a new manager which bearing in mind recent history suggests it's highly unlikely we'll get the best candidate. Then new backroom staff. Then getting to know the squad and identify the ins and outs. That'll take us to end of June, more realistically early July, 1 month before the new season.

I just don't see the alleged pros (which come with zero guarantee but plenty of cash outlay) outweighing the cons of sticking with Holloway.

some interesting points. but remember supporters who want to change manager want what they believe to be best for the club.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 5:32]
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 07:06 - May 11 with 2234 viewsLblock

Ollies stint hasn't been a disaster in my opinion - many disagree but to me we were sleepwalking to relegation under ODH and the players looked like they didn't give a fook
I was calling for Ollie back then to give the club a lift. He did. It got shook up
The first run of defeats was a shame but in his defence he'd a big task on his hands to cut n carve the squad and get them to forget what had been drummed into them before.

Ollies biggest mistake so far has been the second run of defeats and the clubs public attitude towards the end of the season at totally the wrong time. He and the club deserve all the criticism they're getting for that.

We stayed up. We should've had that in the bag a month prior but we did it. Mission accomplished

Now looking forward we need a plan. Ollie and Bungle need to think carefully about what they say and do; that buzz word of consolidation springs to mind.
I share reservations of many but I'm still backing Ollie (even though I'd sooner see a decent number two like Jackett with him). Most of the illuminati are expecting me to roll out a "childish nickname" (c)LFW or call for change - I won't be, not unless we're in deep do-do. My only caveat is that I agree there are other people out there who may do a better job like Monk, Eddie Howe, Wenger etc; but until they're available, willing to work under our constraints and budget, then I'll back Ollie.

I totally accept the on thin ice arguement and it would be churlish of me not to. Hopefully IF the club allow Ollie to stay they back him properly but we'll see

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! (n/t) on 07:08 - May 11 with 2232 views2Thomas2Bowles

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! (n/t) on 05:01 - May 11 by rbrb999

some interesting points. but remember supporters who want to change manager want what they believe to be best for the club.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 5:32]

I can't think of any manager since Terry Venables that a % of fans wanted sacked at some point.
Maybe Luigi De Canio
So what do fans know.

Oh and the same can be said of owners and chairman since................ ALWAYS
[Post edited 11 May 2017 7:31]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 07:34 - May 11 with 2188 viewsQPR_Jim

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 02:36 - May 11 by FredManRave

QPR_Jim

That's a perfectly reasonable opinion. But I just feel we'll give Olly the preseason let him get players in then sack him by November due to results. We'll then have to rush another appointment mid-season, its fair comment to say our recent appointments have been poor but they've all been done mid-season, so there's been a pressure to get someone in quickly.

2No. 6 game losing runs, how he left Palace, his record at Millwall. As much as I love the guy it's a worry. For me it's in QPRs best interest to try and break the cycle of sacking managers mid season, if we do that by sticking by Olly my gut is telling me that we'll be relegated. So I'd rather make a change now. If we don't Olly gets my full support and I'll probably change to wanting him to stay to get the full season as I was with CR and JFH. Hopefully if he stays we'll be top of the league and I will be eating humble pie but I can't see it at this point.
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 07:39 - May 11 with 2179 viewspeejaybee

Wow,Now this is a good thread,and so early in the morning, Keep it going.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 07:42 - May 11 with 2170 views2Thomas2Bowles

So the problem IH has now is unless we are top of the table or thereabouts, people are going to want him sacked even if we are mid table

I'm sure he won't get away with another 6 games losing streak but the knifes are already out unless we are top 6.

That's the real madness.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 7:45]

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 09:01 - May 11 with 2103 viewsHunterhoop

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 00:10 - May 11 by FredManRave

Hunter, your post actually makes it clearly obvious that I wasn't targeting you because as you say, you want Holloway to be given a full season. Therefore, impossible that you could be a member of the "erstwhile bunch". And I'm not really "targeting" anybody as you suggest it's more an observation of the way I feel that the forum reads in general with this present situation as opposed to how it felt in the two previous similar situations.

Again, I'm just surprised that even by our "standards" the change in momentum from the positivity and hope of Holloways appointment a mere 6 months ago has now become "Where did it all go wrong etc" in such a short period of time.

And please, I don't have to appear to make myself intelligent. I mean, how difficult can it be to knock a straw man down?!

Insert insulted emoticon here.

[Post edited 11 May 2017 0:13]

Fair enough, Fred. I'm sure the forum does read as negatively as you say, certainly nothing like Autumn under JFH or Ramsey.

But, anyway, I think the more interesting angle is something Clive has raised. If you buy into a manager deserving a full pre-season, and full season (including two transfer windows) in order to have a chance and to be judged fairly, the Board need to make a decision now, be very clear with fans and players about it, and stick with it, regardless of how we're going in Nov. Painful medicine, but necessary.

Now, if that means they sack Ollie now rather than Nov, so be it. I'd think he deserves the full season. I think every manager does. But if we're thinking "let's see how we're going and make a decision before Dec", we're making the same, stupid mistake again.

Ideally though, they come out publically and say Ollie is going nowhere, neither is Hoos or Les. Get behind the club. Through "thick and thin", etc, etc.

I think the players need to be told in no uncertain terms that Holloway is going nowhere. If any aren't giving 100% and hoping for a change in gaffer, that'll put that to bed quickly. Players will know they need to do what he says.

Equally, it sends a clear message to the fans, quelling the debate.

Finally, it'll give Holloway some confidence.

Then he'll have a full pre-season with this lot, a transfer window (his second), 46 league games and a third transfer window. If he can't make it work, even on our limited budget, it is ALL on him.

If he's not up for that challenge and full accountability, he should resign now. I hope and think he will be.

He and Birch just need to ditch this Redknapp-esque nonsense.
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 09:05 - May 11 with 2102 viewsPunteR

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 07:42 - May 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

So the problem IH has now is unless we are top of the table or thereabouts, people are going to want him sacked even if we are mid table

I'm sure he won't get away with another 6 games losing streak but the knifes are already out unless we are top 6.

That's the real madness.

I think most will support him if he is to get another season.
I think there's legitimate reasons to question whether Holloway should stay as there is to go.
QPR forum mate.
This club is mad.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 09:35 - May 11 with 2049 viewsRoller

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 09:01 - May 11 by Hunterhoop

Fair enough, Fred. I'm sure the forum does read as negatively as you say, certainly nothing like Autumn under JFH or Ramsey.

But, anyway, I think the more interesting angle is something Clive has raised. If you buy into a manager deserving a full pre-season, and full season (including two transfer windows) in order to have a chance and to be judged fairly, the Board need to make a decision now, be very clear with fans and players about it, and stick with it, regardless of how we're going in Nov. Painful medicine, but necessary.

Now, if that means they sack Ollie now rather than Nov, so be it. I'd think he deserves the full season. I think every manager does. But if we're thinking "let's see how we're going and make a decision before Dec", we're making the same, stupid mistake again.

Ideally though, they come out publically and say Ollie is going nowhere, neither is Hoos or Les. Get behind the club. Through "thick and thin", etc, etc.

I think the players need to be told in no uncertain terms that Holloway is going nowhere. If any aren't giving 100% and hoping for a change in gaffer, that'll put that to bed quickly. Players will know they need to do what he says.

Equally, it sends a clear message to the fans, quelling the debate.

Finally, it'll give Holloway some confidence.

Then he'll have a full pre-season with this lot, a transfer window (his second), 46 league games and a third transfer window. If he can't make it work, even on our limited budget, it is ALL on him.

If he's not up for that challenge and full accountability, he should resign now. I hope and think he will be.

He and Birch just need to ditch this Redknapp-esque nonsense.

As ever, I generally agree with what you say Hunter, but to pick on on sentence "Ideally though, they come out publicly and say Ollie is going nowhere, neither is Hoos or Les. Get behind the club. Through "thick and thin", etc, etc. ", do you really think that would be a good idea? They'd be slaughtered for it. We'd be discussing how poorly advised it was and how stupid the club would look if they had to sack Holloway if we still had no points by October.

The bottom line, as I see it, is that the club are permanently in a lose, lose situation. If they say something, it was the wrong thing to say, if they say nothing, they should have said something, anything. They can't win.

When Fernandes tweets, people complain, when he doesn't that attracts why isn't he tweeting comments from different quarters. If they had told us about these players being injured, some would have been questioning their commitment.

We (the supporters) are a disparate bunch with totally different takes on events and, therefore, impossible to please. Even when we were winning matches under Redknapp, some (me included) were unhappy. And when they do say something we like, thanks to the amount of b/s we've been fed over the years, we don't believe it.
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 09:45 - May 11 with 2036 viewsQPR_Jim

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 07:42 - May 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

That's the real madness.

I haven't seen anybody say top 6 or he's out (on this thread not sure about others), I'd be happy with mid-table, I just don't want another relegation scare next season.

Problem is CR and JFH were both mid-table and they still got sacked so to a certain degree it doesn't matter if the knifes are out from the fans or not, the likelihood is the board will sack him anyway even if we are mid-table. Maybe a tweet from TF saying promotion is everything into the bargain. Another change mid-season, another rushed appointment, same old cycle. (IMO)
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 10:05 - May 11 with 2009 viewsDorse

I was prepared to give Ramsay the benefit of the doubt, mainly because it was a first attempt. We weren't going to get relegated and, in fairness, was the failure to shift all the high earners in the Summer window that meant the rules of engagement got changed from 'consolidate' to 'promotion' around October. After that, he was fcuked.

I could understand the rationale behind Warnock's short term employment, even if I couldn't understand playing a 4-6-0 formation. In many ways, I was glad it was only short term as I don't think I could have stood seeing him end up like so many of our Championship managers over the last 10 years.

I was pleased with the JFH signing. Seemed like the right sort. He had a decent start, got his own players in, shifted a few that were causing FFP-type headaches. Future looked bright and all that. When the pressure started building, I was in the 'Oh for fcuk's sake, not another sacking'-brigade. When he put his head in the noose over the Telegraph sting, my first thought was that the club had the perfect 'get rid' opportunity but, for the first time in living memory, the manager under fire was backed. Happy days, says I. They're going to stick with a manager for a whole seas... oh, they've sacked him.

So when Holloway was announced, I put the 'JFH = Jolly Fine Hero' T-shirt on the pile with my 'Ramses The Great' hoodie, 'Colin - Back For Good' underpants, 'Arry's Army' vest and 'Meticulous Mark's Mafiosi' snood and dusted off my 'Let's Have Coffee' mug.

I know I am a Happy Clapper but Happy Clappers are people too.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of QPR's Revolving Door Of Management (presumably operated by some sort of sequined Debbie McGee wannabe who's seeing Conor in the box office). In many ways, I would take a bit of 'wobbling' (Jah Wobble?) if it meant that we get some stability in the longer term. Ollie fcuked some things up - granted. Ollie is not everyone's cup of tea, although coffee is available. Bircham is just one of us living the dream. Forever R's will someday get run out of names and have to induct Jose Bosingwa. I don't care - for once in my 43 years on this planet, can we please just have some sort of stability?

For fcuk's sake, 'stability' for us means a manager in place for more than 100 games! The last 3 managers to reach that milestone were Gerry Francis (twice), Ian Holloway (first time) and Harry (Fcuking) Redcrapp. Francis took us to the top 5, Holloway got us to a Play Off Final and then promoted, and Redcrapp (eventually) took us up via Wembley. Don't get me wrong - I'm not ignoring Francis' second spell, Ollie's relegation or Redcrapp being, well, Redcrapp. It's just that a lot of our better times come after the club has stuck with the plan (whatever it is).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 10:24 - May 11 with 1975 viewsterryb

I am another that would want Holloway to be manager for the full season if he survives the next month. I also agree (most of the time) that we can't/shouldn't change the manager again. I also (again) accept that i was against the sacking of our two previous managers but I'm more prepared for Holloway to go. Yes, it is contrary!

In reply to that contrariness is that many who want to keep Ollie are the same people that wanted to get rid of Ramsey & JFH. Isn't that just the same as my change in stance?
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 10:31 - May 11 with 1966 viewsHunterhoop

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 09:35 - May 11 by Roller

As ever, I generally agree with what you say Hunter, but to pick on on sentence "Ideally though, they come out publicly and say Ollie is going nowhere, neither is Hoos or Les. Get behind the club. Through "thick and thin", etc, etc. ", do you really think that would be a good idea? They'd be slaughtered for it. We'd be discussing how poorly advised it was and how stupid the club would look if they had to sack Holloway if we still had no points by October.

The bottom line, as I see it, is that the club are permanently in a lose, lose situation. If they say something, it was the wrong thing to say, if they say nothing, they should have said something, anything. They can't win.

When Fernandes tweets, people complain, when he doesn't that attracts why isn't he tweeting comments from different quarters. If they had told us about these players being injured, some would have been questioning their commitment.

We (the supporters) are a disparate bunch with totally different takes on events and, therefore, impossible to please. Even when we were winning matches under Redknapp, some (me included) were unhappy. And when they do say something we like, thanks to the amount of b/s we've been fed over the years, we don't believe it.

It's a fair point, Roller. And you're probably right about how the brainless twitterati would respond.

But, personally, yeah, I'd rather the club came out and publically back him, and even if we were on zero points by October, saw it through for the whole year. It's about making it clear we mean what we say, and we aren't a hiring and firing club.

I genuinely think this approach (whilst I'm sure it would be criticised by fans at the time) would have a positive impact on performances, so the above eventuality would be unlikely. And in the unlikely event it would happen, we all know Holloway would walk away of his own accord.

So, yeah, the Board need to decide now. Keep him for the season whatever. Or remove him now, give someone else the pre-season and transfer window and give them the full season. The only time of year we/the club should be having this conversation is now, just after the previous season finishes.
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 10:45 - May 11 with 1947 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good thread.

I haven't seen enough of us recently to offer a valid opinion but this thread is calm and considered and makes good reading compared to some of the recent threads.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 10:49 - May 11 with 1938 views2Thomas2Bowles

You could say they have already decided to keep with him with a 2.5 year contract

But JFH only had a rolling one year so maybe there is no decide now it's done ... yeah I know 6 weeks it a life time in football management life.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 10:51 - May 11 with 1935 viewsNorthernr

My personal opinion it's to do with timing. I'm generally against the sacking of managers because I don't think it makes much difference to us. I've been alarmed by Holloway's decisions, tactics and what he's been saying, it's all just so erratic, but I'd only want Holloway to go if I felt there was a good replacement who would come here and we would find.

My main issue is about doing it now if we're going to do it, but if not then stick with him through next season and give him that time. If we do it in October again then I despair, it blows the whole season doing that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 11:12 - May 11 with 1893 viewsSimonJames

I want to see the club playing a recognisable style of entertaining football that earns enough points to not have to worry about relegation in the last part of the season.

I don't give a monkey's who the manager is, provided they can deliver that - and I think they should be given at least a preseason and season (plus transfer windows) to achieve that.

But I suspect that Ollie is too erratic and inconsistent to deliver. I hope I'm wrong (and I'm done with worrying or speculating about that now until August).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 11:20 - May 11 with 1876 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 11:12 - May 11 by SimonJames

I want to see the club playing a recognisable style of entertaining football that earns enough points to not have to worry about relegation in the last part of the season.

I don't give a monkey's who the manager is, provided they can deliver that - and I think they should be given at least a preseason and season (plus transfer windows) to achieve that.

But I suspect that Ollie is too erratic and inconsistent to deliver. I hope I'm wrong (and I'm done with worrying or speculating about that now until August).

"(and I'm done with worrying or speculating about that now until August)."

Yep, that's me as well. It's just pointless, as we've no information and no control over it. I'm looking forward to the close season and the chill that it brings.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 11:36 - May 11 with 1848 viewslondonscottish

Give Me An I, R, O, N, Y. What have you got?! on 11:20 - May 11 by BrianMcCarthy

"(and I'm done with worrying or speculating about that now until August)."

Yep, that's me as well. It's just pointless, as we've no information and no control over it. I'm looking forward to the close season and the chill that it brings.

I'm looking forward to the close season and the relief that it brings.

I'm also guilty of being knee-jerk abut Ollie FWIW.

So hoped the whole club would settle down this season and there were lots of good signs on and off the pitch.

But then came losing streak 1, a glorious recovery and then losing streak 2 which just totally did my head in.

I'm not thinking rationally any more.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024