Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread? 15:43 - Oct 9 with 10531 viewsCleedale

Couldn't find one...but not good so far...in fact we just can't get anything in the last third.
Match Thread? on 17:01 - Oct 9 with 2624 viewsRotherhamDale

The commentary team kept complaining about fouls on Beesley but in reality Crawley defending effectively and properly. That performance was horrific

Possession with progression.

Match Thread? on 17:01 - Oct 9 with 2620 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread? on 16:54 - Oct 9 by DaleFan7

Watching Peppa Pig is a better choice than this.

Poor all game. Can't complain at the result, they are the away team & had more shots. 1 good chance the whole game, 1 on target last league game & utter garbage against Oldham. Not going to be easy down at Swindon next week
Match Thread? on 17:04 - Oct 9 with 2578 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread? on 17:01 - Oct 9 by RotherhamDale

The commentary team kept complaining about fouls on Beesley but in reality Crawley defending effectively and properly. That performance was horrific

Bit of both tbh. Doubt a stronger refereeing performance would have changed the result though.
Match Thread? on 17:07 - Oct 9 with 2531 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread? on 17:01 - Oct 9 by RotherhamDale

Complain all they want. Their no.6 had him in his back pocket all game. He was completely isolated up top and it was obvious to everyone but the manager. 3 changes, all like for like, changed nothing about the game and stood there silent for an hour and a half.
Match Thread? on 17:09 - Oct 9 with 2500 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread? on 16:09 - Oct 9 by James1980

Wonder what advice Stockdale is getting from his mentor.

Start to think it's 'stick to your guns Robbie, they won't respect you if you start changing things and don't stick to your guns lad'
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 16:14]

This is what i was saying after last week's travesty of a performance

No squad are going to listen to a manager who's listening to someone else, doesn't matter who it is

Mentor??? WTF?

That's the antithesis of managing

Crawley won't have an easier game all season. Gates will dwindle too as we head into the dark afternoons

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread? on 17:14 - Oct 9 with 2455 viewsDaleFan7

Between 6.5 and 7 hours of football since we scored at Burnley. Awful.
Match Thread? on 17:17 - Oct 9 with 2429 viewsJames1980

Opposition flood their box with players we can't find a way through. We leave space in our box like it is going out of fashion

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread? on 17:18 - Oct 9 with 2400 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread? on 17:09 - Oct 9 by D_Alien

No squad are going to listen to a manager who's listening to someone else, doesn't matter who it is

Mentor??? WTF?

Crawley won't have an easier game all season. Gates will dwindle too as we head into the dark afternoons

Don’t think our issues have anything whatsoever to do with Sammy Lee. I doubt his position has even crossed the players mind. Judging by this thread, though, it’s definitely going to be used as a stick to beat Stockdale with.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread? on 17:21 - Oct 9 with 2373 viewsSandyman

Absolutely dire and unacceptable performance today. Lightweight, disorganised and tactically clueless. One man up front on his own all game when we're losing at home - beyond gormless. Why Morley is undroppable and never substituted defies belief. Don't like saying this but that reminded me of an FRMSE game. We haven't fought tooth and nail for the survival of this club to see dross like that.
Match Thread? on 17:27 - Oct 9 with 2314 viewsDalenet

Match Thread? on 17:18 - Oct 9 by funkkk

Don’t think our issues have anything whatsoever to do with Sammy Lee. I doubt his position has even crossed the players mind. Judging by this thread, though, it’s definitely going to be used as a stick to beat Stockdale with.

The coaches are to blame for that. They can see we are too slow on the ball and ineffective off it. Morley is going backwards, Keohane hasn't been anything like his former self, and Done is done. Why are we leaving Beesley upfront on his own against a marshalled defence at home. Midfield was ineffective today again. Where was Dooley?.

Let's see what the manager does next. Keep doing the same and expecting a different outcome doesn't cut it. I dont like to hear boos bit he must realise this is awful
Match Thread? on 17:40 - Oct 9 with 2209 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread? on 17:18 - Oct 9 by funkkk

I'm not beating Stockdale, i'm suggesting he gets the 'mentor' business off his back

You've no idea what the players talk about amongst themselves - neither have i - but there's something that's preventing them from performing. Did KH need a mentor?

It's a psychological barrier that we've arrived at rather than a question of talent

[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 17:42]

Match Thread? on 17:44 - Oct 9 with 2165 views1907

BBM was stubborn about a philosophy that didn’t work. RS is stubborn with a formation that clearly doesn’t work.

That performance today has shocked and worried me to the core. The team selection, the formation, the failure to do anything proactively to make a difference, the predictable substitutions, predictable & pathetic goal to concede, Jerell Dorsett…

My big fear after that today… Was that the beginning of the end for RS? I don’t mean to overreact, but that was beyond shocking.

That was as bad as anything we’ve produced over the last 20 years & at a ridiculously poor standard.

I really want RS to succeed, but he’s really making it difficult at the minute.

As much as I appreciate the difficult circumstances he’s been thrown into, he’s assembled a squad of players who are actually capable yet he’s making them look incredibly poor.
Match Thread? on 17:45 - Oct 9 with 2151 viewsTomRAFC

Had the joy of watching from home thanks to a positive COVID test. Some very odd commentary today...

We have no bite, no clinical finishers, and no plan B.

The dip in form reminds me of our start in league 2, under Coleman. It was going great until other teams had a chance to scout us. We were soon figured out and couldn't fix the situation.

Fixing it will be hard when we have one centre forward in the team. Beesley has a great work rate and he's very athletic, but he can get out muscled. He's way too isolated up top and I can't think of any free agents who fit the bill to help out.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread? on 17:46 - Oct 9 with 2138 viewsoddjob007

We setup completely wrong from the off. Spotland also seemed flat today.

We’re the home team yet we start with 1 up front and 2 of our most creative players on the bench?

Players seemed confused over the system, and, more worryingly, there seemed to be a lack of desire at times.

Crawley were there for the beating today.

Kelly had a strong 20 mins and disappeared. Only realised Grant was playing when he went off. Morley continues to regress. Odoh missed an absolute sitter.

Positives - Coleman played well…
Match Thread? on 17:49 - Oct 9 with 2088 views100notout

Its been said a million times before but why oh why oh why do we not keep someone on the halfway line when the opposition have a corner / freekick?

Its so blatantly obvious - we clear the ball and it just comes straight back - we're just inviting pressure.

Fitzo if you ever interview RS can you please ask him that?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread? on 17:53 - Oct 9 with 2064 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread? on 17:27 - Oct 9 by Dalenet

The coaches are to blame for that. They can see we are too slow on the ball and ineffective off it. Morley is going backwards, Keohane hasn't been anything like his former self, and Done is done. Why are we leaving Beesley upfront on his own against a marshalled defence at home. Midfield was ineffective today again. Where was Dooley?.

Let's see what the manager does next. Keep doing the same and expecting a different outcome doesn't cut it. I dont like to hear boos bit he must realise this is awful

Dooley was injured, according to Radio Bolton.

O'Connell's role in Crawley's goal is getting overlooked as well. Yes, Morley was finally to blame, but what was O'Connell's initial clearance all about?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread? on 17:55 - Oct 9 with 2057 viewsJumeirahDale

Shocking. Perhaps we could allocate some Trust money to hire Stockdale a helper who can keep him updated on what the score is. We came out today looking like we'd be be thrilled with a 0-0, and played accordingly. When we went down....we continued playing for 0-0.

Well done Crawley. Simple football and did what was needed.
Match Thread? on 18:00 - Oct 9 with 2018 viewsrich_dale

Match Thread? on 17:46 - Oct 9 by oddjob007

We setup completely wrong from the off. Spotland also seemed flat today.

We’re the home team yet we start with 1 up front and 2 of our most creative players on the bench?

Players seemed confused over the system, and, more worryingly, there seemed to be a lack of desire at times.

Crawley were there for the beating today.

Kelly had a strong 20 mins and disappeared. Only realised Grant was playing when he went off. Morley continues to regress. Odoh missed an absolute sitter.

Positives - Coleman played well…

Came up from London for that, first game in ages. Couldn't believe how bad it was. The formation should have been changed at half time yet it only happened with 10 mins to go. The only chance we made was on the break, as if we were the away team, and far too much of the game was played in our own half. Stockdale's habit of kneeling clearly does not translate to Bielsa's attacking policy. It was as though we were too scared to attack them. Definitely the worst performance at home I've seen in a long time, and pretty much zero excitement. Felt sorry for the lads I met who had come up doing the 92. We need to start taking the game to the opposition at home, let them know we are the home team, and get on the front foot. We gave away far too much territory and never looked like scoring. In fact it could have been two or three for them. The start of the second half should have brought a formation change and a reaction - instead they were all over us and should have extended their lead straight from kick off. Embarrassing.
Match Thread? on 18:01 - Oct 9 with 1995 viewsDaleFan7

Crawley had conceded more away goals than any other team in the division before today and we wouldn't have scored if we carried on playing til Christmas.
Match Thread? on 18:08 - Oct 9 with 1922 views1907

Match Thread? on 17:40 - Oct 9 by D_Alien

I'm not beating Stockdale, i'm suggesting he gets the 'mentor' business off his back

You've no idea what the players talk about amongst themselves - neither have i - but there's something that's preventing them from performing. Did KH need a mentor?

It's a psychological barrier that we've arrived at rather than a question of talent

[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 17:42]

Keith Hill was sat with the directors today…
Match Thread? on 18:16 - Oct 9 with 1884 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread? on 18:08 - Oct 9 by 1907

Keith Hill was sat with the directors today…

No thanks.
Match Thread? on 18:18 - Oct 9 with 1872 viewsJames1980

Match Thread? on 17:09 - Oct 9 by D_Alien

Mentor??? WTF?

Surely a mentor is there to guide and encourage. To say don't be afraid of mixing things up when necessary and if something isn't working don't hesitate to make the necessary changes.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread? on 18:23 - Oct 9 with 1810 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread? on 18:18 - Oct 9 by James1980

Surely a mentor is there to guide and encourage. To say don't be afraid of mixing things up when necessary and if something isn't working don't hesitate to make the necessary changes.

In business or healthcare for instance, mentorship is recognised for precisely those reasons

Football at L2 level? Nah. If you can't see what needs changing yourself, you're in the wrong job, and *imo* players can sniff out something like that at a million paces

I believe Stockdale has what it takes to succeed, but needs to stand or fall without someone having to cajole him

Match Thread? on 18:33 - Oct 9 with 1749 viewsNorthernDale

The performance was one of the worse I have seen at home for years, no leadership, no structure, no creativity and no urgency from the team or management.

Graham and Dorsett were poor once again (three games in succession now and he still picks them!), why is Taylor on the bench is beyond me and that also applies to Keohane, he could have played in the centre of defence or midfield. The three in midfield might have not bothered turning up and Beesley as again, exposed his weaknesses against big defenders, who seem to push him off the ball with ease.

Today made me worry that we could be drawn into a relegation fight.
Match Thread? on 18:38 - Oct 9 with 1703 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread? on 18:33 - Oct 9 by NorthernDale

The performance was one of the worse I have seen at home for years, no leadership, no structure, no creativity and no urgency from the team or management.

Graham and Dorsett were poor once again (three games in succession now and he still picks them!), why is Taylor on the bench is beyond me and that also applies to Keohane, he could have played in the centre of defence or midfield. The three in midfield might have not bothered turning up and Beesley as again, exposed his weaknesses against big defenders, who seem to push him off the ball with ease.

Today made me worry that we could be drawn into a relegation fight.

Taylor wasn't on the bench. Can only assume he has a knock.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024