Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale (h) Match Thread 17:04 - Feb 21 with 25328 viewsHullDale

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:21 - Feb 22 with 3258 viewsDaleiLama

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:05 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

Perhaps for the same reasons that people have gone to such trouble to save the club from being subject to a hostile takeover?

If sport and it's followers were simply a matter of following successful sides, there'd be only half as many teams with any fans at all

Someone recently (1907 i think, though stand to be corrected) said after a poor display that the efforts to keep us as a fan-owned club were irrelevant unless we had success on the pitch. What utter bollocks. Of course winning is great, as is playing cohesively, but sport is about so much more than success. That's why we're all still here after so many lean years in the 70s/80s/90s. If people had had the attitude espoused in some of these posts, we'd have folded during those times and not witnessed the great times over the past 15 years
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 23:06]

Whilst I agree with all of that, radio Bolton tonight mentioned that the pie-eaters have a great offer for their Sunderland game (which doesn't involve mugs).

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2022/february/09/two-free-tickets-to-every-2021-2

You would have to ask the question, if, as a neutral, you'd been invited to watch a game like that, would you ever go back again? Robbie is a country mile from his stated aim of playing attractive football right now. BBM-ball was tedious. That performance tonight was largely inept and ironically, lacked the ability to keep possession.

We are badly lacking in assertiveness at present and with the players we have, im wondering where that and the leadership we need will come from. Maybe Ball will be the answer? We don't seem to be progressing but we are surviving. So that's one positive.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:38 - Feb 22 with 3093 views_Windydale

I'd drop grant and give someone else a chance, as he's not offering much at all in his recent games, and playing against older stronger players he gets nullified. Some have criticized Newby but at least he has tenacity and closes down and chases and seems to be more involved.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:44 - Feb 22 with 3048 viewsAtThePeake

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

Whilst it’s possible to question the manager’s selections and tactics, not sure how his players being unable to pass to each other is his fault. One of the worst games in a long time in terms of keeping the ball, controlling it and looking competent.

Yet we got a point.

Most of them are his signings and all of them are his selections. If they're not good enough then they're bad signings and if they're playing beneath themselves then there has to be a question of motivation and morale.

Stockdale said in his post-match interview that "sometimes you make your own luck through your hard work and endeavour" and that we have "spirit in abundance." That was at odds with what I saw tonight. People can point to a last minute goal and a couple of comebacks in the last few weeks as evidence of character but that was the latest in several performances over the season that have made me seriously question our character. For me, that performance showed a complete lack of it, hugely undeserved injury-time equaliser or not.

We may well have 'stayed in the game' as people (RS included) have pointed out, but was that through hard work and endeavour like the manager suggests, or through Port Vale missing chances and not capitalising on just how poor we were? Felt a lot more like the second one to me.

The players deserve criticism - but the manager certainly doesn't escape it. I understand and agree that he's been dealt a very difficult hand, but I also wonder whether performances like tonight's would be met with the same patience if Stockdale wasn't considered such a likeable guy.

And as for Dooley getting MOTM, I felt he deserved it. I barely noticed he was playing and genuinely thought he'd been subbed off 10 minutes before the announcement, so by virtue of doing nothing he clearly didn't do as much wrong as everybody else.

Tangled up in blue.

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:49 - Feb 22 with 3001 viewsjudd

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:44 - Feb 22 by AtThePeake

Most of them are his signings and all of them are his selections. If they're not good enough then they're bad signings and if they're playing beneath themselves then there has to be a question of motivation and morale.

Stockdale said in his post-match interview that "sometimes you make your own luck through your hard work and endeavour" and that we have "spirit in abundance." That was at odds with what I saw tonight. People can point to a last minute goal and a couple of comebacks in the last few weeks as evidence of character but that was the latest in several performances over the season that have made me seriously question our character. For me, that performance showed a complete lack of it, hugely undeserved injury-time equaliser or not.

We may well have 'stayed in the game' as people (RS included) have pointed out, but was that through hard work and endeavour like the manager suggests, or through Port Vale missing chances and not capitalising on just how poor we were? Felt a lot more like the second one to me.

The players deserve criticism - but the manager certainly doesn't escape it. I understand and agree that he's been dealt a very difficult hand, but I also wonder whether performances like tonight's would be met with the same patience if Stockdale wasn't considered such a likeable guy.

And as for Dooley getting MOTM, I felt he deserved it. I barely noticed he was playing and genuinely thought he'd been subbed off 10 minutes before the announcement, so by virtue of doing nothing he clearly didn't do as much wrong as everybody else.

At what point is a game over?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:58 - Feb 22 with 2931 viewsboromat

Anyone else feel a bit embarrassed by the way the players celebrated in front of the Vale fans with some goading them. O'Keefe especially.

All I could think was how can you celebrate and act like that after that performance! Shocking.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:59 - Feb 22 with 2933 views_Windydale

On the highlights - On the good side, another great goal by Ball. The way he gets forward in support waves his arms, and finishes are a welcome sight.
His character too, Telling the away fans to 'shhhhhhh'. He seems to get it from seeing a guy in the sandy (1:45) who has his finger on his lips gesturing for the Port Vale fans to keep quiet.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 0:32]
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:59 - Feb 22 with 2932 viewsAtThePeake

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:49 - Feb 22 by judd

At what point is a game over?

At the final whistle. And don't get me wrong, I'll take the point. But the only reason we got the point was luck and the only reason we were 'still in the game' (in my opinion) was luck.

Another thing the manager said in that post-match interview was that you can't win too many games on luck. He's bang on. We need to improve.

Tangled up in blue.

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:00 - Feb 23 with 2929 views442Dale

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:44 - Feb 22 by AtThePeake

Would be fully in agreement with anyone who says Stockdale has to improve results and performances between now and the end of the season. If only to improve morale on the terraces and ensure we sell good numbers of season tickets again.

Think my earlier post was more along the lines of being astounded at how woeful those out on the pitch were at the basics of the game tonight. It was staggering at how bad it was at times, for example we might have more chance of keeping O’Keeffe in the summer now...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:06 - Feb 23 with 2899 viewsAtThePeake

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:00 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Would be fully in agreement with anyone who says Stockdale has to improve results and performances between now and the end of the season. If only to improve morale on the terraces and ensure we sell good numbers of season tickets again.

Think my earlier post was more along the lines of being astounded at how woeful those out on the pitch were at the basics of the game tonight. It was staggering at how bad it was at times, for example we might have more chance of keeping O’Keeffe in the summer now...

Ah, fair enough. I remember Coleman essentially asking a supporter why they were moaning at him instead of the players once. I thought you were saying something along similar lines!

I was really enthused by our January business and my hope was that we'd get enough points to stay comfortably clear of the bottom two but see some reasons to get excited for next season too in the mean time. The former is clearly more important and thankfully we seem to be doing that, but I've seen nothing approaching the latter yet.

Tangled up in blue.

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:15 - Feb 23 with 2859 views442Dale

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:06 - Feb 23 by AtThePeake

Ah, fair enough. I remember Coleman essentially asking a supporter why they were moaning at him instead of the players once. I thought you were saying something along similar lines!

I was really enthused by our January business and my hope was that we'd get enough points to stay comfortably clear of the bottom two but see some reasons to get excited for next season too in the mean time. The former is clearly more important and thankfully we seem to be doing that, but I've seen nothing approaching the latter yet.

The annoying thing is that there is potential to go on a decent run and get a few wins as we saw in September time, it’s on the manager to find a way to actually get that out on the pitch more regularly.

Still think that getting the balance in midfield is the key and whilst Charman and Campbell didn’t work in the first half at Scunny, we’d be wrong to rule that out forever as a midfield three has to be found that gets the best out of what we have in there. We can play with one number ten instead of two.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:28 - Feb 23 with 2816 viewsSandyDrum

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:58 - Feb 22 by boromat

Anyone else feel a bit embarrassed by the way the players celebrated in front of the Vale fans with some goading them. O'Keefe especially.

All I could think was how can you celebrate and act like that after that performance! Shocking.

To be fair I didn’t mind it, they’d spent the best part of 5 minutes telling them they were shit (which they absolutely were), that the Dale fans had only come to see the Vale etc.

It’s only natural that the players were frustrated with that and their own performance so it was probably a release to go and shut them up.

The players will know just how bad tonight was, they haven’t deliberately gone out to play terribly so I genuinely don’t mind them having a bit of a laugh when they score.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:52 - Feb 23 with 2752 views_Windydale

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:59 - Feb 22 by AtThePeake

At the final whistle. And don't get me wrong, I'll take the point. But the only reason we got the point was luck and the only reason we were 'still in the game' (in my opinion) was luck.

Another thing the manager said in that post-match interview was that you can't win too many games on luck. He's bang on. We need to improve.

Not totally lucky. Good tenacity by Campbell to get the ball through to okeefe, and great finish by Ball.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 0:56]
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 01:13 - Feb 23 with 2691 viewsAtThePeake

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 00:52 - Feb 23 by _Windydale

Not totally lucky. Good tenacity by Campbell to get the ball through to okeefe, and great finish by Ball.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 0:56]

Fair point, and looks like less of a defensive error on the highlights than it did to me in real time.

I'll rephrase. Largely down to luck rather than all down to luck. It'll take us a while to play that badly and get a point again.

Tangled up in blue.

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 01:18 - Feb 23 with 2688 viewsSandyman

Some very honest and agreeable comments on here about last night's insipid display. We looked so weak and feeble, disorganised, lightweight and ineffectual. A very, very, very fortunate point gained by a quality never-say-die finish. Our only shot on target. Three horrific halves in the past two games is worrying. I'm all in favour of the Stockdale project but there comes a time when results, points and what we see on the pitch is more crucial to this club than a struggling manager. Struggling to eke out anything half-decent from his players. I wish him well but bloody hell, performances need to improve considerably. It's up to you RS.

Can't fault the players for giving the "shhh" to PV fans at the end. They were singing "One nil to the Port Vayull" as can be heard on the highlights clip. Seconds later the Sandy was singing "One nil and you foooked it up" back at them. Undeserved. Heh.

POTM ?
The chicken kodai (spelling mistake maybe) pie I had at half time. Truly delicious - try one next game.
There wasn't a player deserving MOTM until 90+3.
We fight on.

#UTDNFS
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 01:22 - Feb 23 with 2670 views_Windydale

In all honesty, the Chicken and leek pie deserved man of the match. Spot on catering, the food was great tonight.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 2:55]
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 01:44 - Feb 23 with 2650 views_Windydale

Ouch, Port Vale fans hurting tonight. -Courtesy of a Vale forum.

'We’ve basically sellotaped two points to a frisbee and flung it as far as possible into the sea.

I’ve seen some poor teams in my time but Rochdale’s was as bad a team performance as I’ve seen in a very long time. Their left back looked like he won a raffle. A good 17 or 18 teams in this league would have gone on to get a second goal and kill the game quite comfortably.

To not be bothered to get out of second gear and create next to nothing against a team so that were there for the taking that they were practically bent over, is criminal. '
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 05:40 - Feb 23 with 2517 viewsrichfoad32

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:58 - Feb 22 by boromat

Not been impressed at all by O'Keeffe since he came back. Poor defensively and seems to spend much of the game looking for free kicks and getting into needless spats with the opposition. Maybe he had his head turned by the alleged interest from the Championship and doesn't really want to be here, but he's way off that standard at the minute.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 07:57 - Feb 23 with 2319 viewsTipperaryDale

My thoughts:

An awful performance which leaves me disheartened about the rest of the season.

Lynch - actually didn't do much wrong, good save at the end to keep us in it and kicking was good.
Taylor - best defender on the night, but that's not saying much. Has a habit of giving the ball to the nearest man he sees, even if that player is tightly marked. Puts us under needless pressure. Will improve when he learns the situational side of the game, but this is not really the time to do it.
O' Connell - disinterested, stroppy, lethargic. What we've seen for the past few months. Needs to sort his head out. He's our best player but his attitude has been awful, especially for a captain.
Dorsett - one of the worst centre back performances in memory. Constantly stumbling over the ball. Hoofing it to nobody. Barely won a header. Didn't miss him when he went off.
O' Keeffe - the type of match he struggles with. Not a defender, just a winger who can track back a bit.
Dooley - completely anonymous.
Ball - a yard slower than Vale's midfielders. Sometimes he would be better turning and facing forward than constantly playing it back to our CBs.
Clark - bad.
Newby - about as much threat as a blancmange.
Campbell - felt sorry for him, he's really not a target man, doesn't seem to have much pace either, but at least he looked like he was trying.
Grant - not good, couldn't cope with the quick press.

Charman - hardly touched it. That said, the ball only came out of our half twice.
Kelly - couldn't get on it. Every pass was given to him with about three man around, or misplaced. Would do better in a better side.
Odoh - he did a dribble.

Stockdale - on this performance he has lost the players. If they have tactics, they aren't carrying them out. They have no confidence. They are disinterested. They are just scraping enough points to get them to the end of the season and then they can get a new club.

If I were the board I'd be seriously thinking about a rejig in the same, relegation or not.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 07:58 - Feb 23 with 2233 viewsdingdangblue

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 01:18 - Feb 23 by Sandyman

Some very honest and agreeable comments on here about last night's insipid display. We looked so weak and feeble, disorganised, lightweight and ineffectual. A very, very, very fortunate point gained by a quality never-say-die finish. Our only shot on target. Three horrific halves in the past two games is worrying. I'm all in favour of the Stockdale project but there comes a time when results, points and what we see on the pitch is more crucial to this club than a struggling manager. Struggling to eke out anything half-decent from his players. I wish him well but bloody hell, performances need to improve considerably. It's up to you RS.

Can't fault the players for giving the "shhh" to PV fans at the end. They were singing "One nil to the Port Vayull" as can be heard on the highlights clip. Seconds later the Sandy was singing "One nil and you foooked it up" back at them. Undeserved. Heh.

POTM ?
The chicken kodai (spelling mistake maybe) pie I had at half time. Truly delicious - try one next game.
There wasn't a player deserving MOTM until 90+3.
We fight on.

#UTDNFS

We've been woeful since selling Beesley. It just shows how much he meant to the team. Having an outlet who occupies the opposition defenders for 90 mins and is a goal threat too. Last night in the 2nd half we would have at least been able to hoof it away from their pressing forwards and had some respite - Campbell just isn't that player ( not his fault ). Beesley would have won possession, won fouls, gained yards up the pitch and we would have at least been able to get some possession in the opposition half. I can't remember many games where we've not even got into the opposition box for more or less 90 mins. Truly horrific.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 08:43 - Feb 23 with 2203 viewsNorthernDale

I agree with many of the comments, in midfield we are lightweight and overpowered by many teams in league 2, and last night was a prime example. Port Vale were more physical, faster and should have won, but I will take the point and it is the same in defence, we constantly pass across the back and soon or later it will go pear shape, Dorsett worries me most of all in defence and up front, Campbell needs somebody to play off him and for most of the game, he had no one, until Charman came on. RS needs to bring Cashman back into the match day squad, he as the ability, but for some reason he as upset RS.

The subs were needed, but Odoh did very little, Charman improved the team when he came on, but needs to get up to speed in terms of fitness. I was surprised when Grant went off, because I thought he played well and it was the same with Newby.

RS needs to sort out the team and especially the poor performances and lack of wins, but I will give to next season, when the team will be his team and not one constructed to some extent at the last minute, which was the case this season.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 10:11 - Feb 23 with 1967 viewsChaffRAFC

Few thoughts for what it's worth.

Thought Lynch and Dooley were our least inept players and called Dooley getting MOTM. That in itself tells you how poor we were like ATP has mentioned.

Jeriel Dorsett has reverted back to early season form. In fact I don't think it's form, or confidence, I just don't think he's very good, or even good, or even average. If the ball isn't in the air, he doesn't have a clue what to do with it. I've never seen a player so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. It was clear from the first half that the three at the back wasn't working, we were being penned in and pressed and it needed changing a lot earlier than it was. The whole point (I think) to us playing three at the back is to a) get the best out of the wingbacks and b) offer more defensive protection, I might be wrong. Well, Corey O'Keeffe barely ventured past the half way line, same for Max Clark so it effectively became 5 at the back because of how we were pressed. It left Campbell isolated as Newby and Grant were having to drop deeper to get anywhere close to being involved, neither succeeded and I thought both were quite a bit off it tonight.

I don't mind being beaten or drawing to better teams who are just better than us but we were outfought all over the pitch. We lost every 1st ball and 2nd ball and we've got the most undeserved equaliser in the history of football.

What I will say however is that, a point last night is a decent one, the league table looks much better and if we can win next week at Carlisle then we'll be looking in a much better position.

Regarding recruitment, I think it's been very average when you consider the signings of Dorsett, Broadbent and Cashman, none of which have worked how they should have. All should have been a good fit for this season and haven't been. Campbell and Charman were brought in for next season there's no doubt about it and patience is still gonna be required for both of those. I think Campbell has shown he'll work hard and when he's next to someone, he'll be an asset. Charman has made a massive step up and was working full time only a few weeks ago and is adjusting to professional football again and it will take time. I think both will turn out to be very good next season and if they don't, I'll admit I was wrong.

People saying this is now Stockdale's team, I only partly agree. The signings made in January are for next season really and if they can contribute this season like Downing and Ball have so far then great but it's harsh to expect all of them to come in and hit the ground running when three have come from non-league.

I also think we need to take into consideration the fact that when he took over, it was a sh!t show. He alluded to not being able to make signings he wanted early doors and was restricted to loans. So effectively, that sounds like we were briefly under a transfer embargo and it was a rush to bring players in. This squad, when you consider the players we've lost since the summer is very much a transitional side and we have to be patient. We lost Humphrys, Lund, Baah, Rathbone, Beesley and Morley. Could even throw McShane in there too because a fit McShane walks into our side. We've signed young players, out of favour players and non-league players to replace them so I think it's harsh to expect it to work straight away.

We're 16th in the league with games in hand over all but two teams below us and this season is about staying up and stopping the decline before we can move back upwards.

Does Stockdale need to get more right, yes he does because we've been absolutely horrendous too often in recent weeks but I do trust him to get it right in the long run.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 10:14 - Feb 23 with 1951 viewsNigeriamark

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 20:37 - Feb 22 by DorkingDale

Hope the Boys come good for you tonight Mark - despite H/T score.

Can you believe it. I have only once left a ground before the end ( Droylsden FA cup) Last night I had to pick up my share certificate. 92nd minute of injury time in case there was a queue at the shop I nipped out, grabbed it & was back in the Sandy in less than 2 minutes. Missed the goal!!! Only saw the 93 minutes of dross & when I heard the cheer even assumed it was PV who scored as I couldn't see us scoring n a month of Sundays
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 10:37 - Feb 23 with 1847 viewsDaley_Lama

Port Vale absolutely bossed us last night.

They pressed high on or defence from the first minute - giving no time on the ball when played out
They closed us down in midfield - winning pretty much every 50/50 ball that occurred

This resulted in us having no way forward. Keeper to defender - defender swamped. Keeper to midfielder - ball lost. Defender to Midfielder - ball lost. Long ball to Campbell - ball lost

This was repeated for 75 minutes, the first two subs made no change whatsoever to the pattern of play

Then two things came into effect

1. Change in formation 5-4-1 to 4-5-1. Dorsett for Charman. It gave an extra body in midfield. This didn't suddenly turn the game on it's head, but it led to a slight resistance against the Port Vale tide. We were only 99% dominated instead of 100%

2. 80th minute. Port Vale went to defensive mode. The first visible sign of this was their keeper collecting the ball and doing the clutch to chest on 80 mins, lying on the ground, time-wasting trick. The rest of the team followed suit. Slow walking for throw ins. Delaying tactics wherever possible. Corners held in the corner.

If they had simply stuck to their process of beating us man for man all over the pitch for the remainder they would have had less than 5 minutes of added time for starters. At 1-0 however - it signified to us - we are going defensive.

The last 10+ minutes we had the ball in their half more than the previous 80.

There is lots of bemoaning on here and i understand why after last night, we got over-run throughout and had little to combat with.

Credit to the team for keeping it at 1-0 however, i don't recall the keeper having to make a raft of saves, for all of Port Vale's possession and dominance, they only scored the one, giving Dale the punchers chance which we gleefully took at the end.

Not a game i would want to watch again, for certain.

Poll: DF in or out

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 11:05 - Feb 23 with 1740 viewsDaleiLama

I don't think that many would disagree that L2 status for 22/23 is our target this year. The current precarious status quo is clear in this current string of 4 games, of which last night was the third. A win on Saturday versus the Cobblers gives us 8 points from a possible 12 and I think a huge amount of the current angst would evaporate (even though the issues would not be resolved). Another home loss would leave us with 5 from 12 and the nerves may well start to jangle again both in the stadium and the dressing room.

That's the easy bit (on paper). One feeling of foreboding that I felt last season has begun to cause me some concern now though. We have brought in 2 proven goal-scorers (albeit at lower levels) to convert all the chances we were creating, but ...... we aren't creating those chances since the window closed. Our Feb "form" based on "shots" "shots on target" and "goals" (BBC stats) is 9/2/1, 7/1/1, 11/5/2 and 3/1/1. Frankly, a lot of those "shots" (30) have been from way out with little chance of leading to a goal. So we've had 9 shots on target in 4 games with a relatively healthy conversion rate of 5 goals (>50%). The concern is we are not creating enough good opportunities which result in shots on target, some of which will result in goals. Two of the reasons I put this down to are profligacy in possession and a lack of tackling ability/winning tackles. In this 1st team who are the tacklers you'd mostly rely on for a 50:50 ball? Mine would be EOC, Ball and Tahv (+ Downing when fit), with "maybes" for Dools, CoK and JD. Luke looks like he might get there when up to speed.

The conclusion I've come to is it's going to be a bumpy ride to the end of the season. We aren't doing the basics right consistently enough to win regularly but we are probably turning enough second half Scunny-type performances in to survive this season.

I do think we should be showing signs of improvement over this season too, but last night could not be called that. Let's hope it was just a bump in the road/bad day at the office. We are missing Downing in defence but it's not a good state of affairs that we become substantially more vulnerable to conceding when one man is missing. What I want to see from Robbie this season is improvement in chances created and scored by season's end together with strengthening in the summer leading to further improvement up to Christmas. If we don't start to see some of this kind of progress, then (and it pains me to say this) a rethink may be required at board level.

Edit: Just realised I missed the Harrogate game off the above breakdown, which was 19/9/3. Which doubles the shots on target total to 18 and takes goals to 8, so a little under 50%. It doesn't really substantially change the concern about not creating enough quality chances though.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 11:23]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 11:10 - Feb 23 with 1722 viewssamueloneils

The most worrying thing to me was the way they played right from the start of the match. In the first 10 minutes PV were snapping up balls and chasing down anything loose. As the home team, our players looked casual and disorganised, seeming unable to string any passes together. There was no aggression throughout the match, and 1 shot on target says it all.

We do not play like a home time. Earlier in the season I think opponents gradually worked this out, but now I suspect our reputation goes before us. Get at us early, and we`re gone.

Ironically away from home we play like an away team- soak up the pressure and hope things improve.

Some stats:

Of the 64 teams who have played in the EFL throughout the last two and a half seasons(league games only) the Dale are way, way bottom of the 64. with 12 home wins, being 22% og home games.won.

Most teams are in the 35%-50% range.

The only 7 teams any where near us are:

Stevenage and Wimbledon with 15 wins
Scunthorpe 16 wins
Oldham 17 wins
Walsall and Birmingham 18 wins
Shrewsbury 19 wins

At the top Oxford is an incredible 34(59%) and there are 11 other clubs with a win percentage over 50%, including 3 from our division
Newport
Exeter
Northampton

Our supporters must be the most tolerant in the country!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024