Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton post-Blackburn 15:54 - Feb 26 with 10551 viewsstainrods_elbow

A tired interviews after a tired performance. How many weeks now has he been saying we've looked laboured and leggy? Really tops off a crap weekend. Meanwhile, Banfield looks like he's eaten a lorryload of Bonne's Jaffa Cakes just to set the tone.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:43 - Feb 27 with 2800 viewsconnell10

With all due respect mate , shut the f uck up! Im enjoying this season and i think Warburton is doing a good job.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:54 - Feb 27 with 2775 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton post-Blackburn on 20:22 - Feb 26 by stainrods_elbow

Sure, the team dug out a commendable win against mediocre opposition with 10 men, and I was/am as glad to give them an accolade post-Blackpool. I'm talking about the bigger picture over the last month of 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats since we trounced Reading (including our usual half-arsed cup exit v a barely rudimentary Peterborough) - during which time we've probably performed for about 100 minutes if you add all the best bits of all those games together.

It worries me, as I've pointed out, that Warburton's post-match interviews seem to be getting as tired/repetitive as much of our recent performances, while the apparent early retirement of what passes for our strike force is another concerning sign, as are Willock's exhausted-looking marginality in recent weeks and Chair's, Adomah's and JJ's poor games again today. Today's 1-0 defeat was so predictable I'd be surprised if any bookie took a bet on it. The one good thing is we now have an uninterrupted week to work and prepare for Cardiff (though still only time for two training sessions, apparently), so the manager can't blame the schedule next time.

They were favourites, but odds against, obviously all bookies WERE taking bets on Blackburn, so I presume you made a fortune?
Warburton post-Blackburn on 17:47 - Feb 27 with 2678 viewsB_Wad

It doesn't seem like Warburton is blaming the schedule but instead is saying in retrospect he maybe should have selected a fresher starting lineup. Big, emotional, hard fought midweek game was going to have its effects.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 19:14 - Feb 27 with 2603 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:43 - Feb 27 by connell10

With all due respect mate , shut the f uck up! Im enjoying this season and i think Warburton is doing a good job.

With similar respect, put a f*cking sock in it yourself. Warburton virtually admitted he f*cked up with the team selection/tactics, so try to understand that being critical doesn't mean not supporting people or enjoying quite a lot of this season. That doesn't change the fact we're in a bit of a trough, whether you're having fun or not. In fact, being critical means caring more by willing them even harder to getting it right next time.

Warburton post-Blackburn on 08:29 - Feb 28 with 2413 viewsconnell10

Warburton post-Blackburn on 19:14 - Feb 27 by stainrods_elbow

With similar respect, put a f*cking sock in it yourself. Warburton virtually admitted he f*cked up with the team selection/tactics, so try to understand that being critical doesn't mean not supporting people or enjoying quite a lot of this season. That doesn't change the fact we're in a bit of a trough, whether you're having fun or not. In fact, being critical means caring more by willing them even harder to getting it right next time.

zzzzzzzzzz

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warburton post-Blackburn on 08:51 - Feb 28 with 2379 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton post-Blackburn on 17:47 - Feb 27 by B_Wad

It doesn't seem like Warburton is blaming the schedule but instead is saying in retrospect he maybe should have selected a fresher starting lineup. Big, emotional, hard fought midweek game was going to have its effects.

Blackburn had one of those as well, AND they lost!
Warburton post-Blackburn on 08:56 - Feb 28 with 2362 viewsNorthantsHoop

Warburton is doing a great job, we are competitive again and within a good chance of being in the play offs. If we fall short so be it, but we are being taken seriously again as a force in the Championship. Think whatever happens at the end of the season, if we get promoted or stay in the Championship there will have to be re-engineering for both improvement and making profit on our players attracting attention from Premier clubs.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 12:07 - Feb 28 with 2244 viewsderbyhoop

To some extent his hands were tied. 2/3 strikers not available. Sanderson suspended was covered by Dickie's return.

Wallace has provided much of the threat on LHS.
Seny's injury meant we blew 1 sub.

Given all that it was an insipid performance and we got what we deserved - NOTHING

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton post-Blackburn on 12:20 - Feb 28 with 2227 viewsWestbourneR

Warburton post-Blackburn on 19:14 - Feb 27 by stainrods_elbow

Mate - you're digging out Warburton? Get a f**king grip. We've gone from relegation faves to playoffs all season with a net transfer spend of -£15 million and a bottom six wage bill.

He's worked wonders. Close to miraculous.

If you're too f**king dim to see it, that's your problem - but I strongly advise you give up watching football as you clearly don't have a f**king clue what's going on.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 18:40]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Warburton post-Blackburn on 12:37 - Feb 28 with 2189 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton post-Blackburn on 12:20 - Feb 28 by WestbourneR

Mate - you're digging out Warburton? Get a f**king grip. We've gone from relegation faves to playoffs all season with a net transfer spend of -£15 million and a bottom six wage bill.

He's worked wonders. Close to miraculous.

If you're too f**king dim to see it, that's your problem - but I strongly advise you give up watching football as you clearly don't have a f**king clue what's going on.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 18:40]

Plus he's had to show remarkable restraint for the good of the club and team morale after watching his 'star' striker leave the field and sit in the stands, I'm sure in different circumstances he would have dealt with that very differently, but for the good of the club he's chosen to ignore it for now.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 13:36 - Feb 28 with 2099 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 12:37 - Feb 28 by ParkRoyalR

Plus he's had to show remarkable restraint for the good of the club and team morale after watching his 'star' striker leave the field and sit in the stands, I'm sure in different circumstances he would have dealt with that very differently, but for the good of the club he's chosen to ignore it for now.

Hilarious. Fan has different (reasoned) emphasis from other fan, and gets told to stop watching his club. Then first fan is told to get a grip. You couldn't make it up!

Warburton post-Blackburn on 13:38 - Feb 28 with 2088 viewsPinnerPaul

I assume that 'remarkable restraint' included the laughing and joking with Charlie on the sideline during the penalty shoot out?
Warburton post-Blackburn on 14:27 - Feb 28 with 2039 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton post-Blackburn on 13:38 - Feb 28 by PinnerPaul

I assume that 'remarkable restraint' included the laughing and joking with Charlie on the sideline during the penalty shoot out?

Charlie joked he turned his Fit-Bit off so was hoping Warbs did'nt realise he could barely muster a trot.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:38 - Feb 28 with 1953 viewsterryb

I don't understand why anybody should get upset by a managers pre or post match comments. This applies to all managers, not just MW.

They don't matter! Don't bother to listen to them & you will be happier. Probably just as well informed as well!
Warburton post-Blackburn on 17:11 - Feb 28 with 1883 viewsQPROslo

What's the big deal about him sitting in the stands for 10 minutes, especially when it happened weeks or months ago.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 22:04 - Feb 28 with 1759 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton post-Blackburn on 17:11 - Feb 28 by QPROslo

What's the big deal about him sitting in the stands for 10 minutes, especially when it happened weeks or months ago.

The big deal is our two highest earners are, in February, having had moreorless injury free seasons not fit enough to play 90 minutes of championship football.

Warburton has been forced to play Willock + Chair as his twin strikers as cannot trust Gray + Austin to play as a pair as just cannot cover the ground, beat a man, or run the channels.

We are now watching Willock with his back to goal getting kicked lumps out of, which is a huge risk to any hope we have of a play-off place.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 18:07 - Mar 1 with 1587 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 22:04 - Feb 28 by ParkRoyalR

The big deal is our two highest earners are, in February, having had moreorless injury free seasons not fit enough to play 90 minutes of championship football.

Warburton has been forced to play Willock + Chair as his twin strikers as cannot trust Gray + Austin to play as a pair as just cannot cover the ground, beat a man, or run the channels.

We are now watching Willock with his back to goal getting kicked lumps out of, which is a huge risk to any hope we have of a play-off place.

That's about the long and the short of it. It's in spite, not because of, our strikers' performances (marginally better stuff from Dykes, but not by that much) for much of this season that we're sitting where we are . . . for now at least. Now that Willock seems to be getting kicked out of games, is carrying an injury or just suffering a loss of form, Chair is blowing hot and cold and our supposed team leader JJ is consistently under-performing, hardly surprisingly we're falling short. Sadly, the strikerless tactics Warburton adopted at Blackburn were a symptom of the side's lack of balance and front-to-back coherence, not some stroke of managerial genius.

We all hope for better against Cardiff, but I fear another struggle to score a goal and a 0-0 or even 0-1, even if Mark 'freshens it up' this time. Hope I'm wrong.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 18:08]

Warburton post-Blackburn on 19:42 - Mar 1 with 1482 viewsQPROslo

Jo maybe but Warburton must have known that when he brought them in. But I still don't get what Austin sitting in a empty stand for 10 minutes after being subbed has to do with the price of bread. Arent players allowed a few minutes on their own? Better thar than him coming off and kicking the drinks box from under Warburton's jacksie surely. And it was months ago!
Warburton post-Blackburn on 20:10 - Mar 1 with 1445 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton post-Blackburn on 19:42 - Mar 1 by QPROslo

Jo maybe but Warburton must have known that when he brought them in. But I still don't get what Austin sitting in a empty stand for 10 minutes after being subbed has to do with the price of bread. Arent players allowed a few minutes on their own? Better thar than him coming off and kicking the drinks box from under Warburton's jacksie surely. And it was months ago!

1) In 45 years of watching Rangers, I can never recall it happening before.

2) IMO, it was due to exhaustion, acceptable after 120 mins maybe, but not 55 mins.

3) The fitness and mobility of our likely two highest paid players is such that Warburton thought it a better option to play Chair & Willock as a front two than start Austin & Gray.

4) What happened that night was the first and most obvious example of where we are now, in a play-off position, but not risking starting either of our two highest paid players as they are just not fit enough or mobile enough for top end championship football.

5) Warburton is accountable for Gray's signing, but maybe the fans are in some way accountable for Austins signing, so maybe lets not put all the criticism Warbs way and instead look at ourselves and Austin as to our current predicament.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 23:43 - Mar 1 with 1279 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 20:10 - Mar 1 by ParkRoyalR

1) In 45 years of watching Rangers, I can never recall it happening before.

2) IMO, it was due to exhaustion, acceptable after 120 mins maybe, but not 55 mins.

3) The fitness and mobility of our likely two highest paid players is such that Warburton thought it a better option to play Chair & Willock as a front two than start Austin & Gray.

4) What happened that night was the first and most obvious example of where we are now, in a play-off position, but not risking starting either of our two highest paid players as they are just not fit enough or mobile enough for top end championship football.

5) Warburton is accountable for Gray's signing, but maybe the fans are in some way accountable for Austins signing, so maybe lets not put all the criticism Warbs way and instead look at ourselves and Austin as to our current predicament.

I think the only person responsible for Charlie's situation is . . . Charlie. He knows what he's capable of, or not capable of, and that also applied when he signed his contract. We've seen some piss-poor performers at centre forward over the years at the Rs - Colin Clarke, Mark Hateley, Iain Dowie (31 apps, 2 goals anyone?) and let's not start on the legendary nadir of Brett Angell. But, sadly, Chaz is rolling round the barrel with that little lot right now, and probably among the dregs of it. Devon White would carry more of a threat right now.

Warburton post-Blackburn on 08:59 - Mar 2 with 1157 viewsPinnerPaul

Just to break up the mutual admiration society with a little context.

Inc Cup games we've played without a front player for less than 2 of 40.

We are 3rd highest scorers in the league.

Just saying.........................
Warburton post-Blackburn on 10:54 - Mar 2 with 1108 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton post-Blackburn on 08:59 - Mar 2 by PinnerPaul

Just to break up the mutual admiration society with a little context.

Inc Cup games we've played without a front player for less than 2 of 40.

We are 3rd highest scorers in the league.

Just saying.........................

Context being our 2 likely highest earners who contribute next to nothing to our overall team play, provide few if any assists, have scored how many league goals? With a maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 scoring rate?

If you contribute as little as they do to overall team play, on those wages, you need to be returning a 1 in 2 strike rate imo.

Their fitness / mobility is clearly a concern, with Warburton finally publicly acknowledging what many fans have been saying for months, they are not fit enough, and have been carried by Willock and others for months.

Now Willock and Dykes are not fully fit and not able to carry them, their lack of contribution is there for all to see.

Lets hope Willock, Adomah etc can provide some pin-point crosses so the team and fans benefit from those two improving their current goals return, which is their only contribution to the team.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 10:56 - Mar 2 with 1102 viewsdaveB

Didn't Austin play 95 minutes in his last appearance for us?
Warburton post-Blackburn on 11:16 - Mar 2 with 1065 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton post-Blackburn on 10:56 - Mar 2 by daveB

Didn't Austin play 95 minutes in his last appearance for us?

Given Warburton had no other options he left him on the pitch for that time,

But he contributed so little movement and goal threat during those 95 minutes Warburton has since taken a difficult decision (for team morale) to drop him and Gray and play a 5ft 2in midfielder as his 2nd striker,

I believe the team and Dykes, Chair and Willock in particular have covered Austin (and Gray in part) so far this season, so am hoping they can finally get themselves in shape to contribute to our run in. Lets hope.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 11:31 - Mar 2 with 1042 viewsdaveB

Warburton post-Blackburn on 11:16 - Mar 2 by ParkRoyalR

Given Warburton had no other options he left him on the pitch for that time,

But he contributed so little movement and goal threat during those 95 minutes Warburton has since taken a difficult decision (for team morale) to drop him and Gray and play a 5ft 2in midfielder as his 2nd striker,

I believe the team and Dykes, Chair and Willock in particular have covered Austin (and Gray in part) so far this season, so am hoping they can finally get themselves in shape to contribute to our run in. Lets hope.

He had Gray on the bench so he had options. I'd agree with the sentiment that Austin and Gray are not playing particularly well at the moment, although Austins movement created the space for the equaliser that day.

I find the comments about them being not in shape etc a bit disrespectful really but each to their own. I wouldn't mind being in as bad shape as Austin looks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024