Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 79174 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 14:20 - Aug 23 with 5710 viewsSouthallRanger

Lyndon Dykes on 14:10 - Aug 23 by PlanetHonneywood

The way this thread has developed, there's growing evidence of a causal link between Dykes' inability to biff it in and: a reduction in reservoir levels; Russia's invasion of Ukraine; cost of living crisis; global warming; a resurgence of right wing nationalism; and a restriction on the rapacious development of West London.

No pressure Lyndon if you're reading...

I heard dykes was supposed to solve the cost and storage of renewable energy issue by inventing a new form of solid state battery which used abundantly common metals. Willock set up all the materials needed, but dykes just couldn’t get that electrode between the anode and cathode
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 14:20]
Lyndon Dykes on 14:46 - Aug 23 with 5604 viewsrobith

The way this thread has developed, there's growing evidence of a causal link between Dykes' inability to biff it in and: a reduction in reservoir levels; Russia's invasion of Ukraine; cost of living crisis; global warming; a resurgence of right wing nationalism; and a restriction on the rapacious development of West London.

I keep reading posts going "EV? Is that our new striker?"
Lyndon Dykes on 14:55 - Aug 23 with 5573 viewsTheChef

Well yeah but how sustainable is Lyndon Dykes?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon Dykes on 16:16 - Aug 23 with 5442 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 14:46 - Aug 23 by robith

It ain't EV, it's an Irish brudda...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 16:58 - Aug 23 with 5358 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 13:40 - Aug 23 by R_from_afar

Don't believe everything that you read, especially from the pinnacle of journalism that is Construction News.

>> I should imagine that those who produce the publication you are rubbishing know quite a bit about construction related issues, which this is. In any case, I also wrote: "The story was also published by The Times, The FT, The Telegraph...". I originally came across it in Computing.

Absolutely no chance of a ban on new homes until 2035 in favour of data centres.

>> I didn't say that data centres were being given priority over housing. The issue is that data centres which are already in place and operating are so power hungry that they are making it difficult to add new buildings, commercial or residential.

Use your loaf and eyes instead. The A40 from White City to Park Royal is awash with new housing and hotels. Data centres can always be moved; they'd be more secure and resilient outside of London anyway.

>> It may all be a storm in a teacup but this is not something I dreamt up in my bedroom. A wide variety of reputable sources are writing about it. I hope it's not true. We'll see.

Firstly, I have no idea how you managed to weave construction news into a thread about Lyndon Dykes. Kudos for that.

Nevertheless, the old adage that 'actions speak louder than words' was never truer than in this case. Whilst such articles have their place, the fact is that Ealing is awash with new developments (a point that you neglected to respond to) and the skyline is dominated by cranes. If there is a ban then all I can say is it isn't being very well policed!
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 17:09]
Lyndon Dykes on 17:02 - Aug 23 with 5351 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Little wonder then that he's the only Aussie who's (allegedly) struggling to settle down in West London.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:09 - Aug 23 with 5353 viewsMick_S

Lyndon Dykes on 01:06 - Aug 23 by DannyPaddox

He’s thinking about it

Nasty:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lyndon Dykes on 05:33 - Aug 24 with 5149 viewsLoftgirl

Lyndon Dykes on 14:46 - Aug 23 by robith

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 16:19 - Aug 24 with 4879 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 17:01 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

I'm not saying it to Dykes himself though am I? I'm saying it to a bunch of other QPR fans that have logged on to a forum to read and debate current QPR affairs. Dykes' form is definitely a hot topic.

This thread was actually created to praise the way he played against Middlesbrough. It's derailed into criticism after the Blackpool and Rotherham performances.

He's not a scapegoat. He's not solely responsible for our lack of goals / points / form. But he's a part of it and a part of it that clearly a lot of us would like to discuss, otherwise the thread would have died long ago.

I'm not sure why you think QPR fans shouldn't be able to debate their reasoned views on QPR's manager, players, form, transfer dealings on a QPR forum.

Because he is a self--righteous bore. He was the same on Dot Org. Do what I do and ignore him.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:39 - Aug 25 with 4634 viewsLongRanger

How many points would we get from Archer for example, versus an in-form Dykes?

Dykes is clearly a confidence player, he's had some very good games for us and also for Scotland, so its in there, but when he misses a few, his confidence quickly dips and poor game leads to a few more and spiral starts. When he joined he was smashing pens, pushing centre halves about and we loved it.

So what if Beale decided to stick, tell him he's the first name on the team sheet for the season, that we don't care about his goals, but focus on bullying centre backs, winning every header, put in a shift, be a target man for Illy, willy and roberts to play off and let them score the goals... but when the ball drops in the box, don't think or worry, just smash it like those pens. If you miss, don't worry, you're the man week in week out.

I'd bet he'd get +10 goals this year. Archer might get us 15, but don't see that being the difference between going up and not, or staying up or not and we'd have a fan favourite battle axe on our hands, not a loan we'll never keep... and who knows we may get to see a few more diving header tackle/assists!

Come on Dykesy, you're the man.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:26 - Aug 25 with 4482 viewsRangersw12

Lyndon Dykes on 13:39 - Aug 25 by LongRanger

How many points would we get from Archer for example, versus an in-form Dykes?

Dykes is clearly a confidence player, he's had some very good games for us and also for Scotland, so its in there, but when he misses a few, his confidence quickly dips and poor game leads to a few more and spiral starts. When he joined he was smashing pens, pushing centre halves about and we loved it.

So what if Beale decided to stick, tell him he's the first name on the team sheet for the season, that we don't care about his goals, but focus on bullying centre backs, winning every header, put in a shift, be a target man for Illy, willy and roberts to play off and let them score the goals... but when the ball drops in the box, don't think or worry, just smash it like those pens. If you miss, don't worry, you're the man week in week out.

I'd bet he'd get +10 goals this year. Archer might get us 15, but don't see that being the difference between going up and not, or staying up or not and we'd have a fan favourite battle axe on our hands, not a loan we'll never keep... and who knows we may get to see a few more diving header tackle/assists!

Come on Dykesy, you're the man.

Your 3rd paragraph is spot on if he did that on a regular basis he would be a fans favourite and people would forgive him for the misses.

Problem is he can't be bothered to do that for us as he spends 90% of the the time ambling around on his heels and when a cross does come on for him majority of the time he's in the wrong positon.

I understand he's all that we have but he needs to work harder to get the fans back onside
Lyndon Dykes on 21:29 - Aug 28 with 4213 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know he’ll get slaughtered again for not scoring at Watford but I thought he put in a real shift: made a nuisance of himself which we all know he can do. More of this please Lyndon and I’m sure the goals will come.

Lyndon Dykes on 22:37 - Aug 28 with 4081 viewsdavman

Lyndon Dykes on 21:29 - Aug 28 by Northolt_Rs

I know he’ll get slaughtered again for not scoring at Watford but I thought he put in a real shift: made a nuisance of himself which we all know he can do. More of this please Lyndon and I’m sure the goals will come.

Not sure he'll get slaughtered as I do not remember his missing a chance. If he isn't going to be prolific a game like yesterday occupying the defence to let Illy and Willy do their thing works for me.

He is limited, we all know that, so as long as he plays to his strengths, I think we'll be happy. It's when he fluffs his line we get exasperated...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lyndon Dykes on 21:29 - Sep 21 with 3658 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dykes scores!!!!!!!! Great header. Hopefully he takes that into the next game for us….

Lyndon Dykes on 21:40 - Sep 21 with 3557 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lyndon Dykes on 21:29 - Sep 21 by Northolt_Rs

Dykes scores!!!!!!!! Great header. Hopefully he takes that into the next game for us….

And a second for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lyndon Dykes on 21:45 - Sep 21 with 3505 viewsbosh67

Brilliant headers. Put it on his head lads!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 21:45 - Sep 21 with 3499 viewseghamranger

Lyndon Dykes on 21:40 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

And a second for him.

Blokes on fire !!
Lyndon Dykes on 21:47 - Sep 21 with 3468 viewsted_hendrix

What's happened, has somene scored a goal?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lyndon Dykes on 23:03 - Sep 21 with 3207 viewsBoston

Lyndon Dykes on 21:47 - Sep 21 by ted_hendrix

What's happened, has somene scored a goal?

Both up on the other Dykes thread.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes on 00:40 - Oct 8 with 2819 viewsNortholt_Rs

Oh baby, do you know what that’s worth….

Just back. Fantastic display by our #9 tonight. Happy birthday big man. I am so, so, happy for him, the team, the manager and all of us!!! Immense. I am drained! Night all.

Lyndon Dykes on 01:15 - Oct 8 with 2730 viewsjohncharles

Lyndon Dykes on 20:29 - Aug 6 by eastside_r

Wouldn’t necessarily go as far as excellent but at least plus good for Newspeak fans.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 20:30]

He only won the game for us

Strong and stable my arse.

Lyndon Dykes on 01:36 - Oct 8 with 2687 viewsbosh67

Put it on his head and he will probably score because he doesn't have time to think, mainly because the ball's hit him in the head. He is very good with his head. We have to work on putting the ball on it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 07:40 - Oct 8 with 2439 viewstraininvain

Fair play to him for taking the penalty at the loft end after his miss the other week. That took balls in such a high pressure situation and showed strength of character. I can see Dykes going on a nice goal scoring run from here.
Lyndon Dykes on 07:52 - Oct 8 with 2386 viewsToast_R

That header was absolutely incredible. Great early ball from Kakay and wonderful anticipation by Dykes to get down low inbetween the defenders to meet the ball with direction into the bottom corner. What's more is the timing of that goal was so important as Reading didn't have time to start shithousing. Also hilarious to silence the Fakes fans who were mid party.

That's what you want from your players, injuries occur so Dykes gets his start and boy did he do the business. Undropable for the next match now.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:14 - Oct 8 with 2301 viewsdistortR

Lyndon Dykes on 07:52 - Oct 8 by Toast_R

That header was absolutely incredible. Great early ball from Kakay and wonderful anticipation by Dykes to get down low inbetween the defenders to meet the ball with direction into the bottom corner. What's more is the timing of that goal was so important as Reading didn't have time to start shithousing. Also hilarious to silence the Fakes fans who were mid party.

That's what you want from your players, injuries occur so Dykes gets his start and boy did he do the business. Undropable for the next match now.

I'd like to see him attack the near post more often. Really good movement from him, really happy for him! Off to work, with a smile on my face today!!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024