Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 82520 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 4913 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 22:05 - Dec 29 by bosh67

The problem is that Dykes is a kind of Zamora type player, who plays off an outright goal scorer. He's not an outright goalscorer. Also put it on his head in front of goal, not his feet.

He had two of them tonight, and fluffed both.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:49 - Dec 29 with 4922 viewsJamesB1979

Lyndon Dykes on 22:10 - Dec 29 by traininvain

I don’t want to be too disparaging but Dykes really wasn’t fine today. I’ve defended him up until today but we can’t escape that he’s a one goal in five game centre forward that offers very little else to the overall team.

This isn’t a Helguson type centre forward holding up the ball bringing in others and creating chances. Dykes chases shadows most of the game and he’s often caught on his heels when opportunities come up like Roberts’ cross in the second half.

It’s disappointing as I thought he might come good but we can’t continue to kid ourselves when all of the evidence is suggesting otherwise.

It’s pretty difficult to hold the ball up when it’s booted at or just about your head, and to make matters worse, you have literally no one in 5 yards of you in a qpr shirt. He’s not great but he works hard. He should be taking chances like he had today but we really need to be looking elsewhere if we want to apportion blame. We let the bloke who scored their 1st and the chap who assisted him have acres of space….nice touch, give himself some space and tonk it bottom corner. 1-0 down and under pressure. You cannot give away teams easy goals as it gives them something to hold onto. And then 2-0 down at start of 2nd half. I can’t bare to watch highlights to see who wasn’t marking but it looked like we left about 5 of them unmarked at back post. Yes Dykes could be better but we’ve got far bigger problems.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 4881 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 22:41 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

Agree. He/We need runners in behind.

If you think Dykes is the main issue tonight you’ve misunderstood the entire fcuking plot of this story.

He isn't the only reason we lost, others were as bad or worse, but this is a discussion about his failings. Start another thread on the rest of them... don't think many will disagree with your assessment.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:11 - Dec 30 with 4683 viewsdmm

Last night we were discussing Austin's effect on Dykes and in retrospect thought on the whole it wasn't a positive one. Dykes is a different striker to Austin. For example, keeping within the width of the goalposts doesn't work for Dykes. He's far better when chasing down defenders or pulling them out wide. That at least gives the opposition a problem.

That said even I'm losing patience with him. If we can't play to his strengths he's going to continue to put in meagre performances.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:28 - Dec 30 with 4563 viewsRuislipHoop

Yes,so what we need now is a pnother CF who just sticks the ball in the net but that would mean having 12 players 😂
Lyndon Dykes on 09:44 - Dec 30 with 4514 viewsgazza1

I never saw the game last nigh but I have seen enough of Dykes performances since he has been here......he is nowhere near a Championship CF/goalscorer and whilst he is not the only issue in the Team, he is the major issue up front.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 4419 viewsdavman

Lyndon Dykes on 22:05 - Dec 29 by bosh67

The problem is that Dykes is a kind of Zamora type player, who plays off an outright goal scorer. He's not an outright goalscorer. Also put it on his head in front of goal, not his feet.

.... and there it is. "Put it on to his head". That's what you do with players who are useless in the air. What you do with good ones is deliver into an area and they will attack the ball. Which category does Lyndon fall into?

He is all we have as a striker, so how can we do anything but get behind him?

Feel like we are in more of a mess than we've been for quite a few seasons now...

Glad I didn't go last night; gutted I went for a Flex 8 ticket too and still have 7 games left on it starting with Sheff U **gulp**.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lyndon Dykes on 15:19 - Dec 30 with 4315 viewsYokelR

Dykes is a dud I'm afraid he won't get better. If he can't score chances like last night he won't change at his age.
He's just the latest dud off the conveyer belt of dud signings. Thomas, Bonne (well done lads not only a crap player but a crap attitude - so much for due diligence eh?).
Clubs must run round to the bank with our cheques whilst the inks drying?
Bottom line the football side of our club is crap.
Brentford buy Ivan Toney we buy Dykes. We are supposed to be buying potential premiership players to sell on name me how many are even good championship players?
2 ex managers had no faith it what the youth set up supplied, soon to include our current one id bet?
But no problem give travelman and Shodipo another contract eh?
Bottom line we need a clear out from DOF downwards not keep changing managers. Find scouts and coaches who don't have to be Les's old mates from Spurs, I don't know look beyond the UK?
I'm depressed by last night beyond words, we will be relegation bound this season or next and deservedly so.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 16:32 - Dec 30 with 4216 viewscharmr

We started on the front foot and put 3 balls into that man city area with no one there. That’s good play. Last night I also watched what was going on ahead of the ball quite diligently simply because of the amount of times we turned, especially wide and played backwards. Dykes seemed to not be able to read the play and seemed surprised when the ball came to him. Felt for him a bit playing against all of their back line though. Like the guy however football intelligence top half of this league has to be better.

Thought we did ok 2nd half Burnley, Preston somewhat decent, Cardiff, no comment, last night we were decent in parts but only when Luton were out of shape. Otherwise we had no idea.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 18:22]
Lyndon Dykes on 16:49 - Dec 30 with 4180 viewsRangersw12

He missed another sitter yesterday

Sorry but he's an awful player, never in the right position and always seems to be on his heels

We can only hope Rangers come in for him in January
Lyndon Dykes on 16:56 - Dec 30 with 4150 viewsdenhamhoop2

Personally thought he was QPR's best player last night by a country mile just by dint of actually putting a shift in maybe Field as well but that's it for me. He missed an absolute sitter but as we were 3 0 down at the time probably not as big as it could be in a tight game. He works hard had absolutely no support from midfield last night and 2 wide players one of whom cannot cross if his life depended on it and a left midfielder who wants to cut inside and curl the ball into the far corner. Is Dykes the new Sir Les nope and never will be reminds me quite a bit of Nygaard/Dichio big lump centre forward who is very limited but at least his shirt needs to be washed after a game not sure you can the same of everyone of his team mates
Lyndon Dykes on 17:12 - Dec 30 with 4097 viewskingsburyR

I can't be arsed to read all the comments but giving him stick is harsh.

The closest support he had out on that pitch was me and I sit in Mu.

He was unlucky with the one that rolled wide as he was closely marked.

Those players around him let him down.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Lyndon Dykes on 17:31 - Dec 30 with 4063 viewsCamberleyR

Lyndon Dykes on 15:19 - Dec 30 by YokelR

Dykes is a dud I'm afraid he won't get better. If he can't score chances like last night he won't change at his age.
He's just the latest dud off the conveyer belt of dud signings. Thomas, Bonne (well done lads not only a crap player but a crap attitude - so much for due diligence eh?).
Clubs must run round to the bank with our cheques whilst the inks drying?
Bottom line the football side of our club is crap.
Brentford buy Ivan Toney we buy Dykes. We are supposed to be buying potential premiership players to sell on name me how many are even good championship players?
2 ex managers had no faith it what the youth set up supplied, soon to include our current one id bet?
But no problem give travelman and Shodipo another contract eh?
Bottom line we need a clear out from DOF downwards not keep changing managers. Find scouts and coaches who don't have to be Les's old mates from Spurs, I don't know look beyond the UK?
I'm depressed by last night beyond words, we will be relegation bound this season or next and deservedly so.

"Brentford buy Ivan Toney we buy Dykes. We are supposed to be buying potential premiership players to sell on name me how many are even good championship players?"

Mate, that isn't a very good comparison. Brentford paid a minimum £5m (up to 10 with add ons) for Toney and were able to do so because of their success previously with buying Hogan, Maupay and Watkins as successive replacements for pittances and flogging them for multi millions (particularly Maupay and Watkins) a couple of years later.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lyndon Dykes on 21:27 - Dec 30 with 3933 viewsYokelR

Err, I think that's the point I'm making though isn't it. Yes so Toney cost big bucks but as you say the others didn't?
I'm guessing that's what we'd all like the club to do -occasionally invest in someone who can then later be sold for more than we paid for him?
Novel concept for us over the last few years eh?
Lyndon Dykes on 22:42 - Dec 30 with 3851 viewsozexile

Lyndon Dykes on 17:12 - Dec 30 by kingsburyR

I can't be arsed to read all the comments but giving him stick is harsh.

The closest support he had out on that pitch was me and I sit in Mu.

He was unlucky with the one that rolled wide as he was closely marked.

Those players around him let him down.

agree with this there was one point in the second half Shodipo threw in quite a decent cross and he was the only one in there. No sign of Chair, Roberts, Tim, Paal. And it wasn't like we broke quickly cause we don't do that sort of thing.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:47 - Dec 30 with 3839 viewswombat

Lyndon Dykes on 22:42 - Dec 30 by ozexile

agree with this there was one point in the second half Shodipo threw in quite a decent cross and he was the only one in there. No sign of Chair, Roberts, Tim, Paal. And it wasn't like we broke quickly cause we don't do that sort of thing.

On numerous occasions he was shouting at players to get closer to him yet or one thought it was a good idea , made a few decent runs in the first half not one ball played to him , we elected to go backwards and then try again , he sticks a shift in shame some of the other don’t try and do the same occasionally .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lyndon Dykes on 00:31 - Dec 31 with 3720 viewsHooparoo

Look, it’s simple. He’s a striker and it’s his job to score goals - end of. If we want someone who is just going to run around fouling defenders then anyone in the squad can do that. Dykes’ problem is the same as the whole midfield. We receive the ball with our back to goal every time rather than looking to face forward and roll into space. Watch the replay back and see the difference for yourself with Luton when in possession. You’d think our glorious coaching staff would be able to see that themselves but hey, what would I know?

Not fcking rocket science.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 0:33]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lyndon Dykes on 11:03 - Dec 31 with 3492 viewsDejR_vu

There is so much data out there these days, there must be some stats that show how many he gets on target and how many he scores as a % of chances created, compared to other strikers??

He doesn’t look capable of scoring a worldie, and seems to miss a load of sitters, but do the stats bare it out?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lyndon Dykes on 11:22 - Dec 31 with 3465 viewsBklynRanger

Lyndon Dykes on 00:31 - Dec 31 by Hooparoo

Look, it’s simple. He’s a striker and it’s his job to score goals - end of. If we want someone who is just going to run around fouling defenders then anyone in the squad can do that. Dykes’ problem is the same as the whole midfield. We receive the ball with our back to goal every time rather than looking to face forward and roll into space. Watch the replay back and see the difference for yourself with Luton when in possession. You’d think our glorious coaching staff would be able to see that themselves but hey, what would I know?

Not fcking rocket science.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 0:33]

We were all quite excited to overhear the PBBC telling the players in training that they needed to have their shoulders facing both goals when they receive the ball. But that just didn't seem to last - once we went into a slump it reverted to knocking it around facing our own goal for prolonged periods.

Maybe they don't have the confidence or ability to be more forward thinking, but it's probably a bit of both. The massively frustrating thing is this squad was playing really well at one point. Granted some of that was Willock's form but not all of it - it was also confidence, so the worry, at this admittedly early stage, is Critchley doesn't seem to be putting that back into them.

I'd honestly be quite prepared to see 2 or 3 losses in upcoming games if that was what was needed for them to learn a new, bolder approach. Pressure off the result and let's just try to start again. But football obviously doesn't work that way and 3 more bad results would have us all panicking about going down more than anything.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 11:26]
Lyndon Dykes on 11:51 - Dec 31 with 3439 viewsMedwayR

Lyndon Dykes on 11:22 - Dec 31 by BklynRanger

We were all quite excited to overhear the PBBC telling the players in training that they needed to have their shoulders facing both goals when they receive the ball. But that just didn't seem to last - once we went into a slump it reverted to knocking it around facing our own goal for prolonged periods.

Maybe they don't have the confidence or ability to be more forward thinking, but it's probably a bit of both. The massively frustrating thing is this squad was playing really well at one point. Granted some of that was Willock's form but not all of it - it was also confidence, so the worry, at this admittedly early stage, is Critchley doesn't seem to be putting that back into them.

I'd honestly be quite prepared to see 2 or 3 losses in upcoming games if that was what was needed for them to learn a new, bolder approach. Pressure off the result and let's just try to start again. But football obviously doesn't work that way and 3 more bad results would have us all panicking about going down more than anything.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 11:26]

Good point about Beale's plan for players body shape to receive the ball and how it gradually disappeared. We did the same with Warburton and his talk of challenging for promotion and being known for being a good team playing good football like Brentford were, that gradually disappeared too. It's like they start with the best intentions then reality sets in.

Our biggest problem is that we always revert to slowing play down, playing safe side wards/backwards passes. We need to move the ball quicker, not everyone needs to touch the ball before we have a shot. Some on-pitch know-how and leadership would help a bundle but it needs to come from management and coaching too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lyndon Dykes on 11:55 - Dec 31 with 3431 viewsDejR_vu

Lyndon Dykes on 11:51 - Dec 31 by MedwayR

Good point about Beale's plan for players body shape to receive the ball and how it gradually disappeared. We did the same with Warburton and his talk of challenging for promotion and being known for being a good team playing good football like Brentford were, that gradually disappeared too. It's like they start with the best intentions then reality sets in.

Our biggest problem is that we always revert to slowing play down, playing safe side wards/backwards passes. We need to move the ball quicker, not everyone needs to touch the ball before we have a shot. Some on-pitch know-how and leadership would help a bundle but it needs to come from management and coaching too.

I always thought the football under Warburton was good, by and large. He seems to be remembered for the last 3 months rather than the full 3 years. Even in the periods under him when we were struggling, it was definitely no worse than Bealeshitter’s last few games and Cardiff and Luton.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Dec 31 with 3414 viewsMedwayR

Lyndon Dykes on 11:55 - Dec 31 by DejR_vu

I always thought the football under Warburton was good, by and large. He seems to be remembered for the last 3 months rather than the full 3 years. Even in the periods under him when we were struggling, it was definitely no worse than Bealeshitter’s last few games and Cardiff and Luton.

I completely agree, Warburton did a good job overall. The point I was making was that in both cases they talked the talk, started well but both times it disappeared like they got worn down and ran out of steam. A lot quicker in Beale's case.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lyndon Dykes on 13:57 - Dec 31 with 3340 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 11:51 - Dec 31 by MedwayR

"Our biggest problem is that we always revert to slowing play down, playing safe side wards/backwards passes".

Good point. It would be great if we could vary things more often by playing one touch football at times and even trying to get someone to run in behind the defence.

It's all very well keeping the ball and moving it around but that gives the opposition time to get lots of men behind the ball, making it very difficult to score.

It's having varied ways of playing which really give teams problems because they don't know what's coming.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon Dykes on 23:43 - Dec 31 with 3138 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon is being interviewed live right now on Hogmanay Live on BBC Scotland....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon Dykes on 05:31 - Jan 1 with 2981 viewsHooparoo

Lyndon Dykes on 23:43 - Dec 31 by R_from_afar

Lyndon is being interviewed live right now on Hogmanay Live on BBC Scotland....

Shouldn’t he be preparing for a match? Probably had a meeting with fat boy Beale

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024