Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 79172 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:21 - Oct 8 with 3330 viewsDorse

Lyndon Dykes on 07:52 - Oct 8 by Toast_R

That header was absolutely incredible. Great early ball from Kakay and wonderful anticipation by Dykes to get down low inbetween the defenders to meet the ball with direction into the bottom corner. What's more is the timing of that goal was so important as Reading didn't have time to start shithousing. Also hilarious to silence the Fakes fans who were mid party.

That's what you want from your players, injuries occur so Dykes gets his start and boy did he do the business. Undropable for the next match now.

Props to Ozzy for the approach play and cross. Blimey, when he gets it right, he really gets it right! Terrific header from Lyndon and it just shows what he can bring to a team - more please!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lyndon Dykes on 09:30 - Oct 8 with 3245 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 09:21 - Oct 8 by Dorse

Props to Ozzy for the approach play and cross. Blimey, when he gets it right, he really gets it right! Terrific header from Lyndon and it just shows what he can bring to a team - more please!

Hands up . I have been a critic but you can see he is being coached . The checked run and then getting across 2 defenders for the goal was superb . He seems clear on what his role is now . He just needs to take some of the "easier" chances that come his way. Pressure pen dispatched .. top stuff
Lyndon Dykes on 09:48 - Oct 8 with 3176 viewsSonofpugwash

Yep have also been a critic.Proppa centre forward with a proppa cross and a proppa diving header without fear....if only his birthday arrived every week.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lyndon Dykes on 09:53 - Oct 8 with 3146 viewsgazza1

Took his first goal very well, made a great run to attack the ball from a decent cross from Kakay - good header........lot of pressure on the penalty take so 'fair play' to him scoring but he should always score in that situation.

Apart from the goals I thought he did OK, no more, no less.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:55 - Oct 8 with 3150 viewsPunteR

That header was a quality goal. I'm starting to warm to him again. It's not just his goals but he's been working really hard for the team. Put in some great defensive work as well.
He's obviously a talented lad but I think where he was questioned by fans was his effort for Scotland vs his work rate and standard for QPR didn't seem to Co exist. Plus missing some absolute sitters.
He kind of reminds me of Bobby Zamora. The way he gets around the pitch and the goals he scores.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:57 - Oct 8 with 3140 viewsRangersw12

Lyndon Dykes on 10:15 - Oct 8 with 3094 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 09:53 - Oct 8 by gazza1

Took his first goal very well, made a great run to attack the ball from a decent cross from Kakay - good header........lot of pressure on the penalty take so 'fair play' to him scoring but he should always score in that situation.

Grudging praise there Gazza!

Although you say penalties should be scored, a quick check of google suggests that between 15 and 23% are either missed or saved. So that's about 1 in 5.

Should be scored but still deserves credit and counts as much as any goal. It won the match last night.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:16 - Oct 8 with 3083 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 09:55 - Oct 8 by PunteR

That header was a quality goal. I'm starting to warm to him again. It's not just his goals but he's been working really hard for the team. Put in some great defensive work as well.
He's obviously a talented lad but I think where he was questioned by fans was his effort for Scotland vs his work rate and standard for QPR didn't seem to Co exist. Plus missing some absolute sitters.
He kind of reminds me of Bobby Zamora. The way he gets around the pitch and the goals he scores.

He works harder than Big Bobby who wasn't the most mobile by the time he came to us. Beale said in one of his post match interviews that, when coming on as sub in the past couple of games, Dykes had racked up running stats similar to some who'd been playing the full 90.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 10:20 - Oct 8 with 3055 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:15 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

Grudging praise there Gazza!

Although you say penalties should be scored, a quick check of google suggests that between 15 and 23% are either missed or saved. So that's about 1 in 5.

Should be scored but still deserves credit and counts as much as any goal. It won the match last night.

No grudging mate, very pleased for indeed LD, very pleased for the 3 points, very pleased for the Club and us supporters. Just being realistic imho.

As for penalties, unless it has changed since when I played......a penalty should always be scored without any doubt. A miss or save is not good enough and always classed as a bad miss, whether in the park or in a stadium as a amateur or a professional.

PS - and I am not having a dig at LD, should Joe have done better??, glad he didn't but just asking!!!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2022 10:23]
Lyndon Dykes on 10:22 - Oct 8 with 3057 viewsbosh67

I think overall Beale is so good he can improve any player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 10:43 - Oct 8 with 3025 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:20 - Oct 8 by gazza1

No grudging mate, very pleased for indeed LD, very pleased for the 3 points, very pleased for the Club and us supporters. Just being realistic imho.

As for penalties, unless it has changed since when I played......a penalty should always be scored without any doubt. A miss or save is not good enough and always classed as a bad miss, whether in the park or in a stadium as a amateur or a professional.

PS - and I am not having a dig at LD, should Joe have done better??, glad he didn't but just asking!!!

Yes, arguably Lumley should have done better as did that weird thing he occasionally did for us where he dives but did"nt extend his arm fully or quickly enough, still, very good technique by Dykes,

Likewise thought Dykes was decent last night but has played much better this season but those performances have been over-shadowed by missing a big chance in consecutive home games,

Those misses have affected his confidence and his ball striking has become a lot more tentative where he just tries to hit the target rather than be confident and hit the corner of the net,

I think even his most ardent critics can see we function better as a team with him in the side, given space for the 10's to roam and the excellent defensive work when defending set pieces as last night with Andy Carroll,

I think his movement has been very good since playing with Austin and whether it's our tactic or not, he makes the early run to drag the Centre Halves into the channels but the fact the 10's don't back him up suggest it's to create space for them to step into rather than hit him early,

Obviously a popular member of the squad and hopefully now after a couple of two goal games can get his confidence back when shooting, as ideal centre forward for our system (as with Scotland) when playing with confidence.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:52 - Oct 8 with 2987 viewsLanhoop

Not sure that extending his arms would have helped Lummers, he dived the wrong way.

I think I, 14,000 or so other souls in the ground and his teammates all clearly showed how pleased they were for Dykes. The footage showing Chair saying, "you deserved that" was particularly good to see.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:01 - Oct 8 with 2960 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 21:45 - Sep 21 by bosh67

Brilliant headers. Put it on his head lads!

This….

Lyndon Dykes on 11:02 - Oct 8 with 2955 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 10:43 - Oct 8 by ParkRoyalR

Yes, arguably Lumley should have done better as did that weird thing he occasionally did for us where he dives but did"nt extend his arm fully or quickly enough, still, very good technique by Dykes,

Likewise thought Dykes was decent last night but has played much better this season but those performances have been over-shadowed by missing a big chance in consecutive home games,

Those misses have affected his confidence and his ball striking has become a lot more tentative where he just tries to hit the target rather than be confident and hit the corner of the net,

I think even his most ardent critics can see we function better as a team with him in the side, given space for the 10's to roam and the excellent defensive work when defending set pieces as last night with Andy Carroll,

I think his movement has been very good since playing with Austin and whether it's our tactic or not, he makes the early run to drag the Centre Halves into the channels but the fact the 10's don't back him up suggest it's to create space for them to step into rather than hit him early,

Obviously a popular member of the squad and hopefully now after a couple of two goal games can get his confidence back when shooting, as ideal centre forward for our system (as with Scotland) when playing with confidence.

Lumley had zero chance of saving that header. It was a fantastic strike by LD.

Lyndon Dykes on 11:03 - Oct 8 with 2952 viewsdaveB

I loved the Lumley penalty technique seen so often when he was with us, get in the strikers face, delay the taking of it for as long as possible (eating up your own time if he scores), scuff the penalty spot, bang the cross bar jump around ewaving your arms then meekly dive the wrong way. It's special to watch
Lyndon Dykes on 11:12 - Oct 8 with 2902 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 11:02 - Oct 8 by Northolt_Rs

Lumley had zero chance of saving that header. It was a fantastic strike by LD.

It was a good header, not debating that.......
Lyndon Dykes on 12:36 - Oct 8 with 2784 viewsQPR_Hibs

Lyndon Dykes on 09:53 - Oct 8 by gazza1

Dykes' hold-up and then through ball to Ilias around the hour mark was sublime.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Lyndon Dykes on 12:58 - Oct 8 with 2713 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 12:36 - Oct 8 by QPR_Hibs

Not sure about subline, whatever that means, but I did see that and it was good....
Lyndon Dykes on 13:18 - Oct 8 with 2667 viewsWestbourneR

Lyndon Dykes on 12:36 - Oct 8 by QPR_Hibs

Yeah I saw that. Was a really good piece of play

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Lyndon Dykes on 13:23 - Oct 8 with 2658 viewsPunteR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:16 - Oct 8 by dmm

He works harder than Big Bobby who wasn't the most mobile by the time he came to us. Beale said in one of his post match interviews that, when coming on as sub in the past couple of games, Dykes had racked up running stats similar to some who'd been playing the full 90.

Yeh I don't mean the broken Zamora when he came to us I just mean the when on form Zamora which we saw from time to time.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lyndon Dykes on 19:38 - Oct 8 with 2470 viewsdistortR

when Dykes was getting panned for his miss against sheff utd, a game in which he excelled defensively, I was thinking, 'Brewster and McBurnie' cost them a combined fee of £40m.....................what can you do?

Onwards and upwards, Lyndon.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:03 - Oct 8 with 2415 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lyndon Dykes on 10:20 - Oct 8 by gazza1

Yeah, but in Dykes' case you have to allow for the fact that you can't take pens with your head.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:49 - Oct 21 with 1954 viewsNortholt_Rs

Another brace tomorrow please big man! COYRs!!!!!

Lyndon Dykes on 09:32 - Oct 21 with 1845 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I’m on this thread a few weeks ago slagging Lyndon right off.

He’s been excellent the last few games. Looks like a different player. He’s lively, he’s strong, he looks interested and is taking his goals. I’m actively enjoying watching him right now and enjoy seeing his name on the team sheet.

Fair play for shutting idiots like me up LD. Keep it going fella.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:17 - Nov 8 with 1591 viewsdmm

It'll be Dykes' 100th appearance if he plays tonight and to date he's notched up 26 goals and 8 assists. That's not too bad, is it?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024