Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread 20:27 - Aug 25 with 17361 viewsHullDale

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:35 - Aug 27 with 2977 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Yep, we are still propping up the whole League but we are at least off the mark...at last. Only 49 more points needed for relative safety......bit worried about injuries today.

Has anyone any intel on our two super forwards return to the scene?
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 27 with 2873 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Where did the sub Malloy come from
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:48 - Aug 27 with 2836 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 27 by Daleneverwalkalone

The bench?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:49 - Aug 27 with 2816 views442Dale

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 27 by Daleneverwalkalone

Connor Malley, previously at Middlesbrough. Was on trial pre season and has looked ok in the short time he’s been on the pitch.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:51 - Aug 27 with 2798 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:48 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

The bench?

Eeeeh ya so funny
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:57 - Aug 27 with 2747 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:49 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Connor Malley, previously at Middlesbrough. Was on trial pre season and has looked ok in the short time he’s been on the pitch.

That’s better a sensible answer after all it is a sports forum not a comedy club, actually quite funny. Thought we had a shout for a couple of pens when he came on
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:57 - Aug 27 with 2733 viewsD_Alien

So, a point on the board, some encouragement with that second half performance and at least i left the ground feeling i'd been entertained (eventually)

We're finally seeing how good White is when he's fit, let's hope he stays that way. Superb both defensively and as an attacking outlet with the assist for the goal, put away with aplomb by Sinclair with his head which he also used to good effect to win aerial balls he'd no right to

At the back, Nelson played well and Odoh gave us real impetus when he came on. I'd be looking to start with him on the right plus Rodney and Sinclair up front until Charman & Campbell come back into the mix. Hendo is, unfortunately, a passenger in this side. Top player in a good team but not what we need to fight our way out of the mire

When we'd equalized, we had a great chance to go on and win with Crawley backpedalling. Kelly sprayed a shocker out of play when it looked like we were in again. I'm still annoyed he's under contract, i wouldn't have him anywhere near the team

Slightly more optimistic that our new manager will have something to work with that could see us pull out of the quagmire. Good support too, which the players acknowledged at the end

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:02 - Aug 27 with 2690 viewsBucketBstard

No sorry , that was like watching a school kids game, both sides devoid of talent. Crawley awful timewasters. But the lack of urgency from our players really worries me. A tooser in goal who should be getting the ball up in last 5 mins and some extremely poor footballers on show.
EEL is possibly the worst Captain we have had...John and Graham are really not good enough.
Sinclair got his goal well but was piss poor most of the game.
I really pity whoever comes in , but I hope they get rid of "big Jim" as he is affectionately referred to by the morons!
Login to get fewer ads

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:05 - Aug 27 with 2664 views442Dale

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:57 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

So, a point on the board, some encouragement with that second half performance and at least i left the ground feeling i'd been entertained (eventually)

We're finally seeing how good White is when he's fit, let's hope he stays that way. Superb both defensively and as an attacking outlet with the assist for the goal, put away with aplomb by Sinclair with his head which he also used to good effect to win aerial balls he'd no right to

At the back, Nelson played well and Odoh gave us real impetus when he came on. I'd be looking to start with him on the right plus Rodney and Sinclair up front until Charman & Campbell come back into the mix. Hendo is, unfortunately, a passenger in this side. Top player in a good team but not what we need to fight our way out of the mire

When we'd equalized, we had a great chance to go on and win with Crawley backpedalling. Kelly sprayed a shocker out of play when it looked like we were in again. I'm still annoyed he's under contract, i wouldn't have him anywhere near the team

Slightly more optimistic that our new manager will have something to work with that could see us pull out of the quagmire. Good support too, which the players acknowledged at the end

Sinclair was Higginbotham-esque winning those headers. He can do a job in a team than plays with energy, as seen against Burton and the second half today. When we aren’t playing like that he’s a passenger so it’s another example of making the most of what we have.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:05 - Aug 27 with 2662 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 17:57 - Aug 27 by Daleneverwalkalone

That’s better a sensible answer after all it is a sports forum not a comedy club, actually quite funny. Thought we had a shout for a couple of pens when he came on

It is a comedy club at times. There's plenty of humour on here amongst all the seriousness.

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:09 - Aug 27 with 2633 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:02 - Aug 27 by BucketBstard

No sorry , that was like watching a school kids game, both sides devoid of talent. Crawley awful timewasters. But the lack of urgency from our players really worries me. A tooser in goal who should be getting the ball up in last 5 mins and some extremely poor footballers on show.
EEL is possibly the worst Captain we have had...John and Graham are really not good enough.
I really pity whoever comes in , but I hope they get rid of "big Jim" as he is affectionately referred to by the morons!

Calling other fans, who might just not share your warped opinions, "morons".

Nice.

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:28 - Aug 27 with 2526 viewsDaleiLama

Pretty turgid 1st half but much more energy, pace and attacking intent in the second. If Odoh can add consistent goal scoring to his game he's going to be a real talent. Motm for me too. Crawley a wretched side and got their just desserts when down to 10 men. Pity we couldn't snatch a winner but with a new manager in place we have a fighting chance. At least we know without a shadow of doubt Jim (Big) is definitely not the answer now. Any manager that could watch 90 mins of that and leave Kelly on whilst Ethan was warming the bench isn't the right man for the job.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:41 - Aug 27 with 2433 viewskel

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:02 - Aug 27 by BucketBstard

Your comments on Facebook seem a little more sensible so what is it about this place that turns you into what you are?
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:42 - Aug 27 with 2425 viewsDorkingDale

Bloody Hell - 6 shots on target! That's more than the whole season put together....
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:46 - Aug 27 with 2390 viewstony_roch975

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:42 - Aug 27 by DorkingDale

Bloody Hell - 6 shots on target! That's more than the whole season put together....

and would have deserved all 3 points; yes, both sides were poor technically but there was real effort and fight - especially Sinclair, White and Odoh and I thought Diagouraga had his most influential game.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 19:07 - Aug 27 with 2265 viewsNigeriamark

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 18:46 - Aug 27 by tony_roch975

and would have deserved all 3 points; yes, both sides were poor technically but there was real effort and fight - especially Sinclair, White and Odoh and I thought Diagouraga had his most influential game.

Agree on the determination and fight. The first half was as poor as you will see and when they scored I feared the worse. However came out like a new team & Odoh, for all his faults on getting shots away, is always in the game. Also agree on Diagouraga and White, the latter may have been my MOM ahead of Odoh just because he played most of the game. I still feel for the 15 - 20 mins after we scored we had one eye on protecting what we had and that real attacking approach was stepped down. TBH you could see why both teams are down at the bottom but hopefully this first non-loss may kick start something with the new manager
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 19:14 - Aug 27 with 2214 viewselectricblue

I think Dale where Robbed of a penalty in the second when Diagouraga was taken out in the penalty box...
How the ref gave Crawley a freekick from that challenge is very poor.....

There where some positives.
The team played with a bit more energy but its not quite falling Dales way.
Henderson for me is only playing due to injuries to charman and campbell and when they come back he may get the last 10mins.
I'm affraid age as caught up with Henderson.

White surprised me he played well and linked up with sinclair.
Malley sbould have come on for henderson after 50mins.

I hope that Bentley could see the positives and there is something to work with like putting the opposition under pressure when the get a loose ball...
Closer to the man from goal kicks, throw ins etc.

All in all 1pt gained possible 2pts lost due to bad reffing.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 19:16 - Aug 27 with 2199 viewsNorthernDale

Agree the first half was dire, with two poor teams, even so I thought we were the better team, but we allowed them to score by closing down the goal scorer. Going to a 4-4-2 system in the second half, with Seriki (who was poor) being replaced by Odoh and Nelson effectively going to right back, help transform the team. The team in the second half created chances and on another day, we may have won and that shows how a simple change in players and formation, can change the game.

I thought Hendo played well, I thought he operated slightly deeper and used his experience better, in the deeper role, which may suit him better. Sinclair also played well and used his pace to good effect. I am still worried about John and Ebanks-Landell, they are liable to mistakes, Nelson looks like he has the potential to be a very good defender. I will even praise Diagouraga, who better then normal. I was happy to see Ball dropped to the bench and when he came on, he was poor in his brief cameo role and I though the same about Kelly, he has ability, I think he is dominated by bigger opponent's and so as less of an impact. Again I have been a critic of Odoh, but he came on and played well and was one of the reasons our performance was transformed.

The was some positives, with the second half performance, we got our first point and avoided defeat, which may raise the confidence of the players. Who ever takes over that, will see that with one or three additions, especially in midfield, we can potentially play well, when we play proper attacking football, rather then the tippy-tappy football, which we have been playing. There are still plenty of negatives, but I am relieved that we got rid of the nil points next to our name, it would have been better to have three points against such a poor team like Crawley.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 8:06]
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:35 - Aug 27 with 1842 viewspioneer

Anyone know the official attendance today?

BBC reporting it as 273, which i suspect has a number missing either from the beginning orthe end. But our pal on the hornets forum is making mirth so good to get the correct figure out.
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 27 with 1831 viewsrichfoad32

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:35 - Aug 27 by pioneer

BBC reporting it as 273, which i suspect has a number missing either from the beginning orthe end. But our pal on the hornets forum is making mirth so good to get the correct figure out.

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 27 with 1830 viewsleedsdale

Think it was 2273. 113 away fans
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:40 - Aug 27 with 1780 viewspioneer

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 27 by leedsdale

Think it was 2273. 113 away fans

Thanks…..the BBC figure is also on the fishul dale site. Hope it gets changed soon.
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:42 - Aug 27 with 1775 viewskel

I suspect our Hornets chums are extremely upset over the conclusion of the legal action. Some of them will have been praying it was the end of us.

Such a shame for them.
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 21:09 - Aug 27 with 1633 viewsEllDale

It would help if Hornets published their own attendances.
For what it’s worth it looks as though we’ve had 2100 home fans for both today and the Grimsby game which is around the number of season tickets sold.
Anyway, back to this afternoon and it was very much two hours of mixed emotions. The first 45 minutes did little to excite anyone.
It was a different game after the the break though as the team came out full of aggression and effort.
Jim McNulty was getting praise for changing things at halftime and subbing Odoh for Seriki.
I wonder if this was enforced though? Seriki was clattered into the Sandy Lane advertising hoardings in a challenge that Tommy Smith or Norman Hunter would have been proud of. How dazed was he because he gave the ball away cheaply for their goal. His default plan is to dribble but it can get him into trouble.
Odoh was inspirational when he came on but for some reason, to my mind, he had a lot more room to run into.
White was great on the other flank too. Perhaps he’s all the better for a full close season.
He also has a point to prove. RS and Jimmy Shan had obviously decided that Jimmy Keohane was first choice wingback with Odoh as backup which effectively left White out in the cold.
I was also getting worried about Hendo towards the end of the first half. He was obviously getting frustrated and the petulant, niggling side of his personality seemed to be re-emerging.
Once Campbell and Charman are fit again can he keep them out of the team on current form?
What Big Jim definitely did right was to play Sinclair. He seems to hover a bit in the air, a bit like Malcolm Darling, and he chased everything.
Jim might to play on Tuesday night though if EEL and Nelson aren’t available. Ironically enough the former hurt himself winning the ball. Ball is of course an option but it was slightly infuriating to see pass the ball sideways and backwards in stoppage time.
I also feel that Malley definitely needs to start at Accy. Let’s see what the lad can do instead of restricting him to cameos.
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 21:54 - Aug 27 with 1507 viewsClivert

Whatever was said at HT worked! We've got something to build on now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024