Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naughty boy Ivan Toney 18:02 - Nov 16 with 27137 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Charged by the FA over 232 alleged breaches of betting rules between 2017 and 2021.
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 14:45 - Dec 27 with 3601 viewsdavman

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 14:32 - Dec 27 by PinnerPaul

Or that he is guilty.

We can accuse the FA of many things but ignoring our most important legal right - innocent until proved guilty isn't one of them.

Clue to the poster's thoughts may be found in the line - "charged and sentenced" - there is usually the small matter of proving guilt or not that usually comes in between those two!

I thought that he has already admitted to the charges; did I get that wrong?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 15:01 - Dec 27 with 3553 viewsPinnerPaul

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 14:45 - Dec 27 by davman

I thought that he has already admitted to the charges; did I get that wrong?

Has he?

You could be right - sorry about that if he has!

Has only had some of the charges recently put to him hasn't he, can't have admitted to all of them already though, can he?

Clearly we're the people to ask about this case, given our intimate knowledge!
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 15:32 - Dec 27 with 3469 viewsswitchingcode

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 14:35 - Dec 27 by PinnerPaul

Can't agree there is nothing to go by.

You can search the cases on the FA's web site.

Search by cases involving betting and there are pages and pages and pages of them!

Yes I have done that and as you say there are pages and pages and they range from fine only to lifetime band so my point is there is nothing to hang your hat on
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 15:59 - Dec 27 with 3436 viewsPinnerPaul

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 15:32 - Dec 27 by switchingcode

Yes I have done that and as you say there are pages and pages and they range from fine only to lifetime band so my point is there is nothing to hang your hat on

Sorry - see what you mean now.

As you can see from the criteria I posted above, they do take a lot of factors into consideration.
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 16:23 - Dec 27 with 3369 viewsswitchingcode

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 15:59 - Dec 27 by PinnerPaul

Sorry - see what you mean now.

As you can see from the criteria I posted above, they do take a lot of factors into consideration.

👍based on nothing I think it will be 6 months minimum
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 16:33 - Dec 27 with 3343 viewsMick_S

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 16:23 - Dec 27 by switchingcode

👍based on nothing I think it will be 6 months minimum

He’s ok. Not a chancer, or anything like that.

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has explained his "Feck Brentford" video. The striker said "I was actually saying Feck Brent Ford because I went to the Ford dealership in Brent and was very disappointed with their range of Ford Fiestas"

Tee hee.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:56 - Dec 27 with 3208 viewsMick_S

Fair play sc.

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:34 - Dec 27 with 3150 viewsLazyFan

He will get 6 months 3 of which will be over the summer so, he will only miss the start of next season. That's my guess anyway!

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:28 - May 17 with 2641 viewsQPR_Hibs

Banned till 17 January 2024

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:38 - May 17 with 2565 viewsdmm

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:28 - May 17 by QPR_Hibs

Banned till 17 January 2024

Big miss for Brentford. What do our resident Bees fans make of this?
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:57 - May 17 with 2473 viewsKonk

Great that he was allowed to continue playing and scoring after pleading guilty. Top work as usual from the authorities.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:57 - May 17 with 2469 viewsMick_S

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:38 - May 17 by dmm

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:59 - May 17 with 2457 viewsswitchingcode

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:38 - May 17 by dmm

Thought he would have got a lot more at least a season so he’s had a result but the club will lose out as I’m pretty sure he would have been sold this summer and his value will be greatly reduced.I have zero sympathy for yet another overpaid footballer who think they are above the law/rules.
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:13 - May 17 with 2356 viewsstowmarketrange

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:57 - May 17 by Konk

Great that he was allowed to continue playing and scoring after pleading guilty. Top work as usual from the authorities.

And why should his ban include the close season when he can’t play anyway?
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:19 - May 17 with 2332 viewsswitchingcode

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:13 - May 17 by stowmarketrange

And why should his ban include the close season when he can’t play anyway?

Does seem strange as it’s basically a 5 month ban which has been set by an independent tribunal not the FA.Think he’s had a result
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:28 - May 17 with 2289 viewsSnipper

How bad were the breaches?

And is there a precedent for the length of ban?
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:36 - May 17 with 2257 viewsSuperhoops2808

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 17:57 - May 17 by Konk

Totally with you on that. With his goals, got Brentford to the brink of Europe and all the financial rewards that come with it, meantime their neighbours lose their striker almost immediately

Not a fan of either but should be 8 months from the start of next season now, certainly not to include several months when there is no football.

And I wouldn't have him near the England Squad in the future either. Poor example for youngsters
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:40 - May 17 with 2244 viewsJuzzie

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:19 - May 17 by switchingcode

Does seem strange as it’s basically a 5 month ban which has been set by an independent tribunal not the FA.Think he’s had a result

I have no problem with Brentford (apart from the spiteful tw@t on the microphone) but it should have started from the beginning of the season. It’s basically a 5 month ban, not 8.

He was allowed to carry on playing and scoring goals and also to get a brief England appearance so he’s now known as an ‘England International player’ after he had already been charged and pleaded guilty.
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:54 - May 17 with 2178 viewswesty

There will be plenty, literally hundreds of players wondering if they will be next. Wouldn’t have thought they have the resources to dig that deep though. Luckily
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 20:28 - May 17 with 1985 viewsbosh67

If he’s unable to play until January 17 surely we should sign him up until then and then terminate his contract by mutual consent? Seems like the perfect thing to do!

Toney said, I’m naturally disappointed that the ban is 8 months. I had £50,000 on it being 6.
[Post edited 17 May 2023 20:31]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 20:47 - May 17 with 1917 viewsswisscottage

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:40 - May 17 by Juzzie

I have no problem with Brentford (apart from the spiteful tw@t on the microphone) but it should have started from the beginning of the season. It’s basically a 5 month ban, not 8.

He was allowed to carry on playing and scoring goals and also to get a brief England appearance so he’s now known as an ‘England International player’ after he had already been charged and pleaded guilty.

Well I guess it also bans him from the England squad over the summer. But in reality if they'd delayed the ban to start from the start of the season Southgate wouldn't have picked him anyway.

Its most likely the end of any chance he had of getting into the England setup
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 22:12 - May 17 with 1737 viewsswitchingcode

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 20:47 - May 17 by swisscottage

Well I guess it also bans him from the England squad over the summer. But in reality if they'd delayed the ban to start from the start of the season Southgate wouldn't have picked him anyway.

Its most likely the end of any chance he had of getting into the England setup

Why ?Trippier was picked after his ban
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 22:32 - May 17 with 1697 viewsloftboy

Ivan Toney in his interview said he’s very sorry and gutted to be missing Saturdays 2-2 draw with spurs!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 09:01 - May 18 with 1450 viewsterryb

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 18:54 - May 17 by westy

There will be plenty, literally hundreds of players wondering if they will be next. Wouldn’t have thought they have the resources to dig that deep though. Luckily

I doubt it westy. Players have known for years what will happen if they're caught betting on football.

I'm sure some do, but not many would place the bets themselves or use someone that might brag about it!
Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 16:55 - May 18 with 1244 viewswesty

Naughty boy Ivan Toney on 09:01 - May 18 by terryb

I doubt it westy. Players have known for years what will happen if they're caught betting on football.

I'm sure some do, but not many would place the bets themselves or use someone that might brag about it!

High profile I suspect you’re right mate, but it even goes down to the Isthmian League. Would they really go that low. There would be Accas flying around everywhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024