Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Cifuentes 17:14 - Dec 3 with 103649 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nah me neither.

I’m about to listen to this podcast though. Non Swedish part starts 55 seconds in:

https://t.co/5DqLhBP4vL
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 17:16]
Marti Cifuentes on 20:57 - Oct 30 with 2997 viewsBrianWilson

I like these appointments that are not the usual merry go round stuff but November with no transfer window and probably nothing to spend in January. It's gonna be tough. Good luck Marti!

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Marti Cifuentes on 20:59 - Oct 30 with 2937 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Marti Cifuentes on 21:00 - Oct 30 with 2912 viewsaston_hoop

I'm enjoying his interview in the opening post on this thread at least. Sounds like a coaching obsessive, with our new fancy facilities he could be well placed to get something from this lot at least. Speaks brilliant English too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:00 - Oct 30 with 2907 viewsbosh67

Marti Cifuentes on 20:40 - Oct 30 by rbee

* This appointment is subject to a work permit.

Doh!

What could possibly go wrong?

Hoos says.. Having a succession plan in place is a necessary part of football, irrespective of how the team are performing. The team is performing like an ocean of sh*t at a chocolate fondu party so part of that succession may be that we lose all the rest of the games this season.

He also went on to say... Now we have Marti I expect us to McFly up the league...
I'll get my coat!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:00 - Oct 30 with 2895 viewspaulparker

Hopefully he has the Gigi De Canios about him and we start playing some good stuff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marti Cifuentes on 21:03 - Oct 30 with 2814 viewsOakR

Well I've been critical in next manager posts saying we would just appoint one of the usual names with no research etc so I will have to eat some humble pie and say I am pleasantly surprised. Yes this reaearch may have been done a while ago, but it looks like we are back to the pre-Ainsworth plan, back to ball playing which our squad is in general more suited to, though we have let our best ball playing defender go (Dickie). We need time to change things, but at least we have stopped the direction we were heading in.

It might work, it might not, but I'm pleased it's a better thought out appointment than I expected.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:04 - Oct 30 with 2769 viewsaston_hoop

As an aside on the ball playing thing, Steve Cook has played most of his career in an Eddie Howe team and then had a spell under Steve Cooper. Warburton wanted him. Are we sure he doesn't have ball playing in his locker?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:05 - Oct 30 with 2731 viewsbosh67

Marti Cifuentes on 21:03 - Oct 30 by OakR

Well I've been critical in next manager posts saying we would just appoint one of the usual names with no research etc so I will have to eat some humble pie and say I am pleasantly surprised. Yes this reaearch may have been done a while ago, but it looks like we are back to the pre-Ainsworth plan, back to ball playing which our squad is in general more suited to, though we have let our best ball playing defender go (Dickie). We need time to change things, but at least we have stopped the direction we were heading in.

It might work, it might not, but I'm pleased it's a better thought out appointment than I expected.

Surely whatever happens this guy must be given some time, even if we don't stay up to dismantle what's here and actually build a proper team?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Marti Cifuentes on 21:06 - Oct 30 with 2695 viewsOakR

Marti Cifuentes on 21:04 - Oct 30 by aston_hoop

As an aside on the ball playing thing, Steve Cook has played most of his career in an Eddie Howe team and then had a spell under Steve Cooper. Warburton wanted him. Are we sure he doesn't have ball playing in his locker?

That's fair - let's see. I think when players are set-up to play out from the back also passing can be easier as you have more options, if you include the keeper also.

Marti Cifuentes on 21:07 - Oct 30 with 2688 viewsBklynRanger

Marti Cifuentes on 21:04 - Oct 30 by aston_hoop

And Begovic's throwing doesn't seem too bad - maybe Marti can ban him from kicking?
Marti Cifuentes on 21:08 - Oct 30 with 2651 viewsOakR

Marti Cifuentes on 21:05 - Oct 30 by bosh67

Surely whatever happens this guy must be given some time, even if we don't stay up to dismantle what's here and actually build a proper team?

Absolutely agree

Marti Cifuentes on 21:08 - Oct 30 with 2653 viewsjoolsyp

Marti Cifuentes on 20:21 - Oct 30 by dmm

I saw Walsh today for the Development team. I'm not all that convinced by him.

We looked a bit open at the back! Cardiff created a lot of opportunities. Nice to see us shooting from outside the box and actually scoring.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:09 - Oct 30 with 2609 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 21:05 - Oct 30 by bosh67

This, a 100 times, yes.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:10 - Oct 30 with 2567 viewsdanehoop

Must confess I was disappointed we missed out on him when this was first rumoured.

Unlike the pot bellied pig that we employed previously I think Cifuentes is the genuine article as a manager who has steadily progressed, worked with great coaches and developed in the right way. Having that background and previous roles in manager before stepping up will help no end with the challenge that he is now taking on.

I think his style of play is more like we would prefer to see, including using a midfield creatively (which will certainly be a better use of players like Chair) and he genuinely improves players. Given the players we have and the potential (I am possibly clutching at straws there a bit) with some of the development squad that have joined up to the first team, that will be helpful.

Overall though, I think a good choice, just hope its not too late and that we actually stick with him as he could be the start of some exciting times next season if we stay up.

Never knowingly understood

Marti Cifuentes on 21:11 - Oct 30 with 2562 viewsjoe90

Marti Cifuentes on 20:33 - Oct 30 by Hooparoo

Can this club get any more bizarre? That Twitter post is ridiculous like something a weird teenager would put up

It’s a complete embarrassment, the entire club is an embarrassment at the moment. Everything about QPR (apart from our kits) is crap at the moment. I really hope things pick up because it’s been a joyless experience going to Loftus Road this year.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:12 - Oct 30 with 2525 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

I have to say that I was firmly in the Warnock camp as I just plain didn't see any way we would make a left-field appointment that would have required some semblance of football knowledge/scouting/data to be used.
Happy to bow to Lee Hoos and his 'succession planning' though.

I can't help but find myself enthused and excited by this appointment, even though it is a manager that I had never heard of, never seen one of his teams play, etc.

Imagine if, just this once, everything worked out for us on this. Imagine if the appointment of Marti Cifuentes turns out to be a masterstroke and we are the club that others look at with envy. I would just love for something to go right at this club, with no managers courting other jobs, boardroom sieges, Bosingwa signings. Just this once.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:13 - Oct 30 with 2506 viewsCiderwithRsie

Marti Cifuentes on 20:16 - Oct 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that was a joke, and faked up.

Of course it's faked.

If that actually was the Vatican we'd have seen The Famous Chelsea FC being told to f*ck off and His Holiness demanding "who's that team they call the Rangers, who's that team called QPR?"

Well known fact.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:13 - Oct 30 with 2495 viewscolinallcars

As I'm a bit in my cups tonight, I thought a I'd compose a little ditty:

Oh, Marti Cifuentes,
You must be non compos-mentis
To come to a club like QPR

Then I got stuck.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:14 - Oct 30 with 2461 viewsMatch82

Marti Cifuentes on 20:26 - Oct 30 by dmm

No detail on the length of contract but I suppose that's because it's subject to a work permit.

Been a bit of a moot point here recently perhaps they thought they just wouldn't bother.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:14 - Oct 30 with 2452 viewsGloucs_R

How long is his contract for?

I really hope he's got some money to spend in Jan

Poll: Are we staying up?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:16 - Oct 30 with 2413 viewsaston_hoop

Marti Cifuentes on 21:13 - Oct 30 by colinallcars

Oh, Marti Cifuentes,

Then I got stuck.

Cifuentes woaaah, Cifuentes Wooooah
He comes from Barcelona
His football gives me a...

No, on second thoughts, I don't have a song

Marti Cifuentes on 21:16 - Oct 30 with 2401 viewsboysfromthebush

Cifuentes, Cifuentes,
He drinks Estrella, he eats Paella
He loves the f**king Rangers 💪
Marti Cifuentes on 21:19 - Oct 30 with 2305 viewsDavieQPR

Marti Cifuentes on 21:13 - Oct 30 by colinallcars

Oh, Marti Cifuentes,

Then I got stuck.

We set a very low bar
Lets see what they sent us.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:19 - Oct 30 with 2296 viewsSuperhoops2808

Marti Cifuentes on 21:12 - Oct 30 by Quite_Possibly_Ropey

I have to say that I was firmly in the Warnock camp as I just plain didn't see any way we would make a left-field appointment that would have required some semblance of football knowledge/scouting/data to be used.
Happy to bow to Lee Hoos and his 'succession planning' though.

I can't help but find myself enthused and excited by this appointment, even though it is a manager that I had never heard of, never seen one of his teams play, etc.

Imagine if, just this once, everything worked out for us on this. Imagine if the appointment of Marti Cifuentes turns out to be a masterstroke and we are the club that others look at with envy. I would just love for something to go right at this club, with no managers courting other jobs, boardroom sieges, Bosingwa signings. Just this once.

No, you was in the Beale camp... Firmly!!
Marti Cifuentes on 21:27 - Oct 30 with 2114 viewsDavieQPR

Marti Cifuentes on 21:19 - Oct 30 by Superhoops2808

No, you was in the Beale camp... Firmly!!

A lot of us were in the Beale camp. Bullshit baffles brains.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024