Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Cifuentes 17:14 - Dec 3 with 103650 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nah me neither.

I’m about to listen to this podcast though. Non Swedish part starts 55 seconds in:

https://t.co/5DqLhBP4vL
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 17:16]
Marti Cifuentes on 22:06 - Oct 30 with 3220 viewsqueensparker

Marti Cifuentes on 21:54 - Oct 30 by dmm

Xavi Calm was assistant manager to Jordi Roger at Brum for the 2019/20 season so he'll have some very useful knowledge of the Championship.

Is this a Monty Python sketch now or am I going mad?
Marti Cifuentes on 22:11 - Oct 30 with 3127 viewsJevlar

Just listened to the podcast. Thanks for the link.

He’s a total Cruyff acolyte and his English is fantastic.

Not sure if we have the squad for it but personally I’m excited, although I’d be intrigued (or scared) to see Begovic suddenly become a sweeper keeper.

Thud & Blunder to Total football in W12…

We are a mad club
Marti Cifuentes on 22:16 - Oct 30 with 3005 viewsplasmahoop

Well, let's hope he succeeds fairly quickly. If he doesn't, then we'll bin him off after 3/4 months. I really hope he does though. Personally I'd have gone for warnock as a short term fix, then looked into a long term manager after. If it doesn't have significant rapid improvement, have we got the bottle to see it out?
Marti Cifuentes on 22:21 - Oct 30 with 2922 viewsWelsh_Ranger

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1203045026?-294:802
Marti Cifuentes on 22:26 - Oct 30 with 2821 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 21:55 - Oct 30 by kensalriser

This might be our blind squirrel moment.

Also known as Watford Syndrome
Marti Cifuentes on 22:30 - Oct 30 with 2738 viewseastside_r

I have to admit that, guardedly, I am quite excited by this appointment.

It feels very much like a clean slate - all of our potential match winners back in play.
Marti Cifuentes on 22:38 - Oct 30 with 2614 viewsManinBlack

Marti Cifuentes on 22:16 - Oct 30 by plasmahoop

Well, let's hope he succeeds fairly quickly. If he doesn't, then we'll bin him off after 3/4 months. I really hope he does though. Personally I'd have gone for warnock as a short term fix, then looked into a long term manager after. If it doesn't have significant rapid improvement, have we got the bottle to see it out?

Agreed. Warnock's experience of the Championship would keep us up and he would retire again after job done and then woold be the time to bring in Marti after the season finished as the longer term option. It's a big ask for this guy to save this team but best of luck to him.
Marti Cifuentes on 22:40 - Oct 30 with 2584 viewsted_hendrix

I'll give It a go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Marti Cifuentes on 22:41 - Oct 30 with 2575 viewsDannyPaddox

Xavi is, of course, a best-selling published author
Marti Cifuentes on 22:47 - Oct 30 with 2491 viewsHayesender

Here's what a QPR fan who moved to Sweden a few years ago and now also follows Hammerby has had to say.

Phone has been pinging like mad in past hour or so. Here's my reply.

Cifuentes- what are we are likely to see.

Have been a season ticket holder at Hammarby for two seasons which is nearly exactly the same time Cifuentes was a Hammarby.

Firstly Cifuentes likes to have his teams playing tiki-taka football. Playing and passing almost quite literally from own goal line. Expect many scary moments as you see our 36 year old goalkeeper trying to play sweeper

The announcement of him coming to QPR comes literally 30 minutes after Hammarby drew 2-2 at home to lowly Sirius. Sirius' two goals scored in the 91st and 94th minute.
Something also QPR fans may have to get accustomed to, holding on to a lead and not putting the game to bed by going for, in this example, a 3rd goal.

Playing possession football exact OPPOSITE to Ainsworth.

A lot of the ball going backwards when you're crying out for it go forwards, but then that through ball pass that makes you realise why it was taking so long to pass the bloody thing....

Can it work in the Championship? With the correct type of players, yes

He prefers to play 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 formations. Though this mid season (Swedish season finishes in two weeks time) he changed to a successful 3-5-1-1, but in past two weeks gone back to 4-3-3.

Willock, and especially Chair, will certainly like playing for him. They'll be deployed behind a solid centre forward/target man, in QPR's case Dykes or Armstrong. But not target man in the sense of let's boot high to him and see what he can do with it, it'll be 95% of the time to him on the ground.

He is very methodical. Gets his players so well drilled, they know exactly where they are expected to be on the pitch, know where each player will be when a pass is made. This may sound like common sense, but only when seeing it in action you sometimes see players playing a pass like they were blindfolded knowing that the pass will reach its intended target.

Very quick counter attacking too from opposing teams corners for example.

He gladly will play youth over experience, if the youth is good enough and adapts to his style of football that is. Can he transform our current crop of youngsters?

Before this evening's game I was asked quite a few times by Hammarby supporters what I thought. I said I would be happy to see him to go to QPR but ONLY if he was given time. QPR don't have that much time, or do we?
Will the players respond quickly to someone who actually wants to play tiki-taka football, will the adapt to his ideas quickly enough?

I hope he realises what he's put himself into here. I spoke to him at the end of May, I think it was, at an open training session. I asked him how close he was to being our manager before QPR went for Ainsworth, as he'd been interviewed for the job back then.
He said very close but Hammarby refused him to leave. As the season is coming to an end here and Hammarby have nothing to play for after a poor run of results by their standards, maybe Hammarby decided to let him move on with the thought a new manager will have a whole post and pre season to prepare for by March next year.

This is potential awful debut in the English league, with feck all spending money. This, though, could also be just what QPR need after a very unsuccessful run of a British style of management.

Que sera sera.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Marti Cifuentes on 22:47 - Oct 30 with 2492 viewsaston_hoop

Marti Cifuentes on 22:38 - Oct 30 by ManinBlack

Agreed. Warnock's experience of the Championship would keep us up and he would retire again after job done and then woold be the time to bring in Marti after the season finished as the longer term option. It's a big ask for this guy to save this team but best of luck to him.

Would he have been available at the end of the season? Swedish league finishes in a couple of weeks and he's very highly rated. Lot of jobs could come up between now and then. Very likely the best time to appoint this bloke is now when he's available.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marti Cifuentes on 22:49 - Oct 30 with 2476 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We need to stop assuming Warnock would have kept us up.

I’m behind this lad. Let’s see where we go, starting with Rotherham.
Marti Cifuentes on 22:57 - Oct 30 with 2391 viewsridethewave

Marti Cifuentes on 22:49 - Oct 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

We need to stop assuming Warnock would have kept us up.

I’m behind this lad. Let’s see where we go, starting with Rotherham.

I don’t think many have made that assumption. What they’re saying is, can you name a single manager in Championship history who has led more grotesquely poor teams to safe finishes than Warnock? He may not have kept us up, but he sure would have given us a chance.
Marti Cifuentes on 23:05 - Oct 30 with 2284 viewsOldPedro

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Marti Cifuentes on 23:07 - Oct 30 with 2262 viewsLoftgirl

Marti Cifuentes on 17:14 - Oct 30 by SimonJames

"...average possession rate of 56.3%"
Has he seen what he will be inheriting?

Possession can do uno.
Marti Cifuentes on 23:07 - Oct 30 with 2250 viewsLordPork

Jeez, is it just me that feels sorry for the poor sod....?

I guess he doesn't really know what he's let himself in for. Having read Clive's summary of the "Ainsworth years " ( it felt like it ) only a brave man would attempt to come in and fix this club. Brave man.

The list of things that need to be fixed is a long one
Winning,
Scoring more than two
Not letting in more than 3
DOF appointment
DOF interface.
Style of play
Recruitment / sourcing of new players,
Injuries
Getting rid of the dross, with no money

And in week two they'll be another list.....

Stopping half the squad wanting to self implode and get booked
Marti Cifuentes on 23:14 - Oct 30 with 2158 views08olesen

It’s definitely bold. I hope we loan in Tim from Villa in January, that midfield looks very light for possession football.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Marti Cifuentes on 23:15 - Oct 30 with 2150 viewsnumptydumpty

If this works, has Lee Hoos put in his application to be our new Director of Football...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Marti Cifuentes on 23:26 - Oct 30 with 2072 viewsessextaxiboy

Welcome Marti and good luck . Please give us back matchdays to look forward to.
Marti Cifuentes on 23:26 - Oct 30 with 2069 viewsaston_hoop

Marti Cifuentes on 23:07 - Oct 30 by LordPork

Jeez, is it just me that feels sorry for the poor sod....?

I guess he doesn't really know what he's let himself in for. Having read Clive's summary of the "Ainsworth years " ( it felt like it ) only a brave man would attempt to come in and fix this club. Brave man.

The list of things that need to be fixed is a long one
Winning,
Scoring more than two
Not letting in more than 3
DOF appointment
DOF interface.
Style of play
Recruitment / sourcing of new players,
Injuries
Getting rid of the dross, with no money

And in week two they'll be another list.....

Stopping half the squad wanting to self implode and get booked

To be fair, only the footballing side of that will be his remit. He's a coach, its his job to get the players scoring and the defenders defending. The rest of it, the DoF and subsequently the recruitment is not so much on him as it is on the board right now. He only needs to concentrate on the players. We have a shiny new training ground and football players on it. Thats his job, the rest will come around him if he gets it right.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marti Cifuentes on 23:26 - Oct 30 with 2067 viewsVancouverHoop

Whatever the result on Saturday I'll be really interested in if/how our players' movement and body language has changed. They looked lost, dispirited, and angry (but not in a good way) under Gazza. How quickly will they change their collective attitudes? Who'll buy-in, who won't? Who'll suddenly emerge from the bench (or medical room) as a new player? It's a way more interesting fixture than it seemed yesterday.
Marti Cifuentes on 23:28 - Oct 30 with 2062 viewsridethewave

Just noticed at the bottom of the official announcement it says “this appointment is subject to a work visa.”

Any guesses what the next thing to go wrong will be…
Marti Cifuentes on 23:39 - Oct 30 with 1978 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12996862/marti-cifuentes-exclusive

Smells like a trout farm in here

Marti Cifuentes on 23:50 - Oct 30 with 1886 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti Cifuentes on 23:15 - Oct 30 by numptydumpty

If this works, has Lee Hoos put in his application to be our new Director of Football...

I wouldn't put it past him - he's beyond shame!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Marti Cifuentes on 23:57 - Oct 30 with 1862 viewsTomS

Marti Cifuentes on 23:28 - Oct 30 by ridethewave

Just noticed at the bottom of the official announcement it says “this appointment is subject to a work visa.”

Any guesses what the next thing to go wrong will be…

It shouldn't be too difficult to demonstrate to the Home Office that nobody else can do this job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024