Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 142891 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:49 - Jan 29 with 5698 viewsPinnerPaul

Do we think we'll get in a replacement for Dykes in the next few days?

Just opinions on that please, there are 235 other threads available to have a pop at anyone you fancy at the club!

Ta!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:14 - Jan 29 with 5552 viewsHarbour

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:49 - Jan 29 by PinnerPaul

Just opinions on that please, there are 235 other threads available to have a pop at anyone you fancy at the club!

Ta!

Bit unlikely Paul we will get anyone in but you never know the club might be working on something. Most likely outcome Sinclair will get more game time. But let’s hope Lyndon recovers and gets well soon as sounds nasty virus best wishes to him.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:35 - Jan 29 with 5436 viewsPinnerPaul

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:14 - Jan 29 by Harbour

Bit unlikely Paul we will get anyone in but you never know the club might be working on something. Most likely outcome Sinclair will get more game time. But let’s hope Lyndon recovers and gets well soon as sounds nasty virus best wishes to him.

Obviously second that last point.

But even without any medical knowledge whatsoever, I'm finding it hard to believe that even a professional athlete can go from hospital bed and oxygen mask to full fitness in any reasonable timescale.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:36 - Jan 29 with 5399 viewsDamo1962

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:49 - Jan 29 by PinnerPaul

Ta!

Think we will need someone, as Dykes is going to take a good while to recover from his illness( everything crossed for the fella).Might not see him again this season unfortunately. Not much time to get another striker in either. We just aren't allowed nice things 😉
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:41 - Jan 30 with 5011 viewsdmm

There's online talk of Sheff Wed and Lincoln being interested in Sinclair but I can't see us loaning him out now. I think it'll be Lowe as the striker with Armstrong as cover for the rest of the season.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:45 - Jan 30 with 4835 viewsted_hendrix

Isn't It exciting? I can hardly wait until tomorrow I'll probably make a flask of tea and a luncheon meat sandwich and stay up all night cos I'm never gonna sleep tonight due to my excitement levels raising at unprecedented levels.

I'm always distraught when the window slams shut.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:01 - Jan 30 with 4601 viewsnottonyfernandes

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:41 - Jan 30 by dmm

There's online talk of Sheff Wed and Lincoln being interested in Sinclair but I can't see us loaning him out now. I think it'll be Lowe as the striker with Armstrong as cover for the rest of the season.

Yeah seems like we’ll keep him unless we get another body in according to this.
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday

If he does go on loan I’d lean Lincoln just because I’m not sure he’ll start every game with Wednesday. Would like to see him get more minutes with us or play regularly on loan the rest of the season.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:22 - Jan 30 with 4368 viewsDannyPaddox

I know there’s only two days of the window left but surely we have to get another forward in. Lowe with Armstrong as cover is nowhere near enough. Armstrong is barely out of the youth team and Lowe is more of a winger. One of those two gets a knock and who then up front - Seny D!? I’m not expecting top quality in a January transfer window but another forward has to be brought in now.

And not for football reasons. Just for yourself, family, and friends. Get well soon Lyndon.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:28 - Jan 30 with 4009 viewsstanistheman

We need a striker even if Dykes was to recover this season as we have no real options from the bench.

Roberts cannot play as a central striker and Lowe seems more suited to coming in from the left or alongside another striker. Armstrong is too raw to lead the line.

Having said that, I doubt very much that our lot are capable of making any deals with clubs even if they find a striker they want. Look at how they messed up last season with Paterson.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:35 - Jan 30 with 3971 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I think Armstrong opened our managers eyes a bit on Saturday and he will get another chance this week.Its a low bar though a few powerful runs ,good cross but no shots or real chances.Lowe looks very timid without Dykes IMO and he cannot battle giant defenders alone
Roberts let us down again to nobody's shock but the travelling fans said a lot with their silence he knows believe me .Will it inspire him probably not
Time for Willock and Chair to bring their act back and provide the spark
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:51 - Jan 30 with 3856 viewsRangersw12

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:28 - Jan 30 by stanistheman

We need a striker even if Dykes was to recover this season as we have no real options from the bench.

Roberts cannot play as a central striker and Lowe seems more suited to coming in from the left or alongside another striker. Armstrong is too raw to lead the line.

Having said that, I doubt very much that our lot are capable of making any deals with clubs even if they find a striker they want. Look at how they messed up last season with Paterson.

How did we mess up with Patterson?

I thought Swansea wanted X amount and we only thought he was worth Y
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:53 - Jan 30 with 3849 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:51 - Jan 30 by Rangersw12

How did we mess up with Patterson?

I thought Swansea wanted X amount and we only thought he was worth Y

yeah thats pretty much it, we didn't want to pay the larger fee that they asked for so walked away
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:17 - Jan 30 with 3722 viewsBerkoRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:45 - Jan 30 by ted_hendrix

Isn't It exciting? I can hardly wait until tomorrow I'll probably make a flask of tea and a luncheon meat sandwich and stay up all night cos I'm never gonna sleep tonight due to my excitement levels raising at unprecedented levels.

I'm always distraught when the window slams shut.

Just hasn't been the same since Arry's car window deadline day interviews.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:49 - Jan 30 with 3559 viewsDorse

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:17 - Jan 30 by BerkoRanger

Just hasn't been the same since Arry's car window deadline day interviews.

It's the reporter getting an un-lubed 14" purple, veiny, variable speed dildo in the ear as he announces Ray Jinghorn's last minute loan move from FC Fartzkins to Huddersfield that I am looking forward to. It's a recent tradition but a tradition nonetheless.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:06 - Jan 30 with 3253 viewsDannyPaddox

Did somebody say …

… ?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:47 - Jan 30 with 3073 viewsAndybrat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:06 - Jan 30 by DannyPaddox

Did somebody say …

… ?

What position is his strength?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:54 - Jan 30 with 3022 viewsstanistheman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:53 - Jan 30 by daveB

yeah thats pretty much it, we didn't want to pay the larger fee that they asked for so walked away

And look at how well that worked out when Willock got injured a few weeks later and we had bugger all in attack
January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:07 - Jan 30 with 2946 viewsJigsore

Jay Bothroyd retired in 2021, so i'm all out of ideas

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:25 - Jan 30 with 2854 viewsDannyPaddox

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:47 - Jan 30 by Andybrat

What position is his strength?

Missionary impossible
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:26 - Jan 31 with 2110 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:25 - Jan 30 by DannyPaddox

Missionary impossible

have we signed anyone yet im bored !

Poll: which is your favouite foot

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:48 - Jan 31 with 1946 views89_50

According to Dave Mac, Thomas and Travelman will be gone irrespective of what happens - either sold or released.

Also says it's unlikely we'll add anyone to the squad.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-on-the-way-out-on-deadline-day
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:54 - Jan 31 with 1873 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:48 - Jan 31 by 89_50

According to Dave Mac, Thomas and Travelman will be gone irrespective of what happens - either sold or released.

get the feeeling they would like to offload our hardworking leeds player though ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:59 - Jan 31 with 1818 viewsWegerles_Stairs

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:48 - Jan 31 by 89_50

Rather hilarious that we're offloading our reserve left back when our regular one has picked up an injury. Says everything about how he's rated by the manager (as seen on Saturday when JCS came on instead).
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:01 - Jan 31 with 1811 viewssprocket

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:59 - Jan 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

Rather hilarious that we're offloading our reserve left back when our regular one has picked up an injury. Says everything about how he's rated by the manager (as seen on Saturday when JCS came on instead).

That's because he is useless. Cannot believe he has got another gig
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:08 - Jan 31 with 1748 viewsdmm

With players leaving, persistent injuries and little chance of any signings, it's looking likely we'll be seeing some of the youngsters making the bench and getting a bit of game time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024