Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing 12:37 - Feb 20 with 55448 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just hope it works out with him.
Couldn't bear to see a legend get ripped apart by our fans.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 2956 viewsRangersw12

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:57 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

Someone who hasn't spent 10 years managing in the backwaters of the lower divisions for the most part and who no other club wanted.....

I don't think it's much to ask.

Yeah yeah so who you going for then?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing (n/t) on 17:11 - Feb 20 with 2869 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

Yeah yeah so who you going for then?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:13 - Feb 20 with 2847 viewsNorthernr

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:39 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

Can you send me the list of agreed reasons to post and I'll ensure to follow it going forwards.

Well one of the rules is only having one account, so shall I assume this is you now and I'll delete the other? Not the first time either...
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:14 - Feb 20 with 2807 viewsaston_hoop

The Wycombe equivalent of Dave Mac from the Bucks Free Press also saying its done

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:15 - Feb 20 with 2781 viewsTheChef

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:39 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

Can you send me the list of agreed reasons to post and I'll ensure to follow it going forwards.

Hi Neil!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:18 - Feb 20 with 2720 viewsRokerite

Well I thought Neil Critchley was the right man but it seems that if he was it was at the wrong time.
I've a feeling Gareth Ainsworth will be the right man at the right time.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:18 - Feb 20 with 2693 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:18 - Feb 20 by Rokerite

Well I thought Neil Critchley was the right man but it seems that if he was it was at the wrong time.
I've a feeling Gareth Ainsworth will be the right man at the right time.

Right man, wrong club.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:19 - Feb 20 with 2679 viewsWatfordR

All this putting me in mind of a course in financial risk analysis I attended many years ago, where we looked at a well established company that took a poor decision on stock volumes one year, and it took another 4 years to sort things out before they got back to normal profitability.

The board committed last season to have a go at promotion. I thought it was a sound enough decision, based on the success of the loanees brought in the previous season, and the perceived FFP problems that many other clubs would have to deal with in 21/22. We were ahead of that curve. But it was a gamble, and it was only worth taking with 100% commitment from players, management and board throughout the season to seeing it succeed. The time to reflect in the event of failure was after the season ended.

As we all now know, that didn't happen. It was apparent that the relationship with Warbs and board broke down beforehand, and the push for promotion faded away. Where we find ourselves now is all as a consequence of that broken relationship in my opinion, and Beale and Critchley and now Ainsworth (probably) are changes that should not have needed to be made. Promotion would have given us the financial wiggle room to gamble on changing things perhaps, but missing out should have meant sticking with what we had built on in the previous few years, and changing as little as possible. What's happened since has been the board ignoring the damage done and trying to "trade it's way out of trouble"

It doesn't matter who comes in as manager now, the decision being made is in panic, and it means probably another 1-2 seasons before we'll have an opportunity to start fixing the damage that has been done by that relationship breakdown with Warbs. Think it will take us at least another 4-5 years before we see any return to stability.

I don't like to knock the board, they are keeping our club afloat, but poor and shortsighted management has led to where we find ourselves today.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 2668 viewscolinallcars

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 20 by NorthantsHoop

Just what we need Ainsworth, got something about him, an old rocker, let's get behind him.

Years ago I was hoping we'd get Sir John Barbirolli.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 2676 viewsHarbour

Good luck to Gareth if he decides to come hope he does well but I am not convinced he will agree to come …did he not turn down Blackburn before? Let’s face it the current team are not that an attractive proposition.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 2660 viewsRangersw12

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:13 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Well one of the rules is only having one account, so shall I assume this is you now and I'll delete the other? Not the first time either...

What's their other account name?

I didn't think people did that nowadays especially on here
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:21 - Feb 20 with 2636 viewsNorthernr

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:20 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

What's their other account name?

I didn't think people did that nowadays especially on here

People don't. Person does.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:21 - Feb 20 with 2625 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:05 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

We gave Warburton 3 years though so I hope GA will get similar amount of time

[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 17:09]

Well whatever he gets, it will either be too long or too short depending on where people are entrenched.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:25 - Feb 20 with 2556 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:58 - Feb 20 by Dixie_CT

Looks like it’s all done and Ainsworth is the new man.

Good luck to him. He was a legend for us and I hope that the story of playing on with a broken bone inspires some of our self certified sick notes.

Don’t freeze, grab the reins and keep us up.

He wasn't a legend, he was a cult hero because of the way he looked and if he wasn't the latter we'd be absolutely aghast at his appointment if we're being honest...

Let's hope he is a managerial success waiting to happen and the fact that no other club has wanted him bar us during his time at Wycombe is something they will live to regret.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:26 - Feb 20 with 2533 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Well I'm open minded if he comes. I just want to watch good quality entertaining football, something seriously lacking since September.

What I dont understand though is how we have gone from Warburton, Beale & Critchley who all played the game in the QPR style Les wants us to play, to Ainsworth whose Wycombe team dont really.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:30 - Feb 20 with 2454 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:13 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Please do and there's nothing against creating new accounts if you don't use more than one which I never do.

When I get bored with this account I'll do what I normally do and change the email address and password to something I'll never remember and create a new account.

I was HuckerMOTM last if anyone wants to know...

No secrets here, mate.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:33 - Feb 20 with 2405 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:30 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

Please do and there's nothing against creating new accounts if you don't use more than one which I never do.

When I get bored with this account I'll do what I normally do and change the email address and password to something I'll never remember and create a new account.

No secrets here, mate.

Fair play.

Genuine question. Why though?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:34 - Feb 20 with 2400 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:33 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fair play.

Genuine question. Why though?

Just.

Can't explain it but just feel like it every now and then.

Agree its strange.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:36 - Feb 20 with 2358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:34 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

Just.

Can't explain it but just feel like it every now and then.

Agree its strange.

Can you see why it gets on people's tits?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:37 - Feb 20 with 2348 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:30 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

No secrets here, mate.

Seems duplicitous all the same.

Just hit the 'Forgot Password' button. The goid news is that it doesn't require a PHD to do so.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:42 - Feb 20 with 2255 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:36 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can you see why it gets on people's tits?

If anyone asks me did I post as X,Y or Z I'd always answer truthfully and there's worse things happening in the World...

Anyway, don't mind me, get back to discussing Ainsworth this is what this thread is about 👍
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:43 - Feb 20 with 2233 viewsVancouverHoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:26 - Feb 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Well I'm open minded if he comes. I just want to watch good quality entertaining football, something seriously lacking since September.

What I dont understand though is how we have gone from Warburton, Beale & Critchley who all played the game in the QPR style Les wants us to play, to Ainsworth whose Wycombe team dont really.

In a word... desperation.

We needed someone immediately. Someone who we knew wanted to come here.

It was a very short list
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:43 - Feb 20 with 2229 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:37 - Feb 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Seems duplicitous all the same.

Just hit the 'Forgot Password' button. The goid news is that it doesn't require a PHD to do so.

Wrong, that would only work if I didn't also change the email address associated with the account....

😘
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:48 - Feb 20 with 2103 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:42 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

If anyone asks me did I post as X,Y or Z I'd always answer truthfully and there's worse things happening in the World...

Anyway, don't mind me, get back to discussing Ainsworth this is what this thread is about 👍

One last question if you don’t mind, and as you’ve promised to be honest, who else have you posted as?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:54 - Feb 20 with 2020 viewsdaveB

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:26 - Feb 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

We've got there because the last 12 months have been horrible and continuing with the same style hasn't worked so they are trying something different
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024