Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd half referee 17:58 - Mar 11 with 2310 viewsstainrods_elbow

Really poor imo, and seemed determined to give them as easy a ride as possible - how was that handball by their defender up against Martin (who made a strong appeal) not given a pen for starters? And quite how Joao Pedro, clever but petulant, didn't see yellow at least for two pathetic fouls is a mystery to me!

We scored 10/10 for shithousery for a huge amount of that second half, and I don't like it, but I do feel needs must, and we deserved to win. Would have been nice to have seen Armstrong get off the mark in front of the Loft with a good effort near the end, but, by the power of St Jude, we'll take that performance and result all night long.

Bring on Blackpool!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

2nd half referee on 18:05 - Mar 11 with 2211 viewsStanisgod

Absolute polar opposite of the first half. I assume they dragged him out of the blue and white.
The Ellerslie lino no better. Let so many foul throws go that in the end it actually embarrassed the ref into giving one himself! Clueless.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

2nd half referee on 18:12 - Mar 11 with 2176 viewsVancouverHoop

I agree on the respective quality of the refs and said so at the time. OTOH it's got to be hard coming in half-way through a game. You've got to establish you're own cred with the players almost immediately. The shithousery and pettiness, and whining began almost immediately from both teams. Hard to know where to draw the lines when you're inheriting the previous guys picture.
2nd half referee on 18:24 - Mar 11 with 2104 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It looked like we got away with one in the second half when Amos tripped their player (or at least from where I was sitting).
2nd half referee on 18:28 - Mar 11 with 2072 viewsstevec

Thought the ref had a good game.

Proper bundle out there, not easy to ref but he managed to keep the game going.
2nd half referee on 18:32 - Mar 11 with 2049 viewsVancouverHoop

2nd half referee on 18:24 - Mar 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

It looked like we got away with one in the second half when Amos tripped their player (or at least from where I was sitting).

Yeah. I was holding my breath over that one.
2nd half referee on 18:43 - Mar 11 with 1989 viewsbaz_qpr

definitely got away with that one 2nd half nailed on pen for them
2nd half referee on 19:26 - Mar 11 with 1893 viewsgolborne

You must have had a great view from the stands of the handball, but not the pen shout?
2nd half referee on 20:09 - Mar 11 with 1775 viewspaulhoop2

Can anyone actually remember hearing an appeal at half time before for a qualified ref to make themselves available to the nearest steward ??? Crazy or what now a question for Clive or Pinner how can a supporter be allowed to potentially run the line against their own team ??

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

2nd half referee on 20:20 - Mar 11 with 1719 viewsstowmarketrange

2nd half referee on 20:09 - Mar 11 by paulhoop2

Can anyone actually remember hearing an appeal at half time before for a qualified ref to make themselves available to the nearest steward ??? Crazy or what now a question for Clive or Pinner how can a supporter be allowed to potentially run the line against their own team ??

Why would they need someone?All the officials move up 1 place and leave the injured ref to be 4th official.
2nd half referee on 20:55 - Mar 11 with 1660 viewsdachiltern

4th official takes middle.
2nd half referee on 21:00 - Mar 11 with 1628 viewsdavman

Absolute amateur hour with that referee. Foul throws. He gave the 4th one and let at least three more go - how basic is that? The standard of throw-ins was diabolical from them - after a game where my U10s did that all those years ago, I gave a half hour session on just taking thrown-ins. These are professionals.

The goal kick incident; how on earth did he let them take it and get to the half way line?
The pettiness of where to take free kicks from.

Glad he missed their pen, but then did we have a couple of handball shouts in the pen area too?
Diving - they bought everything today and even when they waved play on, no come back to book players for diving.

The substitution - WTF. Never knew a situation where the ref. refuses to allow a substitution when a player has already left the field of play injured. We were down to ten and it could have been costly.

Useless. Like all of 'em, but somehow it seems "fairer" to moan about one when we won.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

2nd half referee on 21:29 - Mar 11 with 1568 viewsslmrstid

2nd half referee on 20:09 - Mar 11 by paulhoop2

I suppose if that scenario came to pass you'd expect the professional integrity to rule over your heart.

After all, if you're a licenced official then suspected of cheating you'd be putting your future qualification at risk.
2nd half referee on 21:31 - Mar 11 with 1560 viewspaulhoop2

Another one needed as if a link goes down game will be over as 4th won’t be able to step up due to injury. I heard the announcement at half time over the pa

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

2nd half referee on 21:52 - Mar 11 with 1452 viewsFrankRightguard

On at least two occasions he had called Rangers players to him for a word and then as soon as he’s finished allowed Watford to restart play immediately without letting the players get back into position. The second one I called what he would do before he did it!
2nd half referee on 21:57 - Mar 11 with 1425 viewsNorthernr

Tbf that was a v difficult game to referee, and you’ve gone from the best referee in the league for the first half to a v inexperienced guy in the second.
2nd half referee on 22:07 - Mar 11 with 1388 viewsstainrods_elbow

2nd half referee on 18:43 - Mar 11 by baz_qpr

definitely got away with that one 2nd half nailed on pen for them

It wasn't when I saw the replay on the stream. Amos pulled back, and their guy made a meal of it. (Finally - we get a bit of rub of the green!)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

2nd half referee on 00:46 - Mar 12 with 1230 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2nd half referee on 21:57 - Mar 11 by Northernr

Tbf that was a v difficult game to referee, and you’ve gone from the best referee in the league for the first half to a v inexperienced guy in the second.

As usual you cut through confusion with the answer Clive.
I never knew they changed refs but the guy in the first half was excellent but could have booked the hairy guy a few times .
Once Watford saw we would not lie down and crumble as usual lately they picked up the rough stuff .
Could have finished with a few down to be fair but we will take the win it changes everything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024