Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Day 1st July 07:07 - Jun 15 with 20174 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/june/openday2023/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Open Day 1st July on 13:40 - Jul 1 with 3879 viewsDalenet

This thread has become a bit tedious and an unnecessary witch hunt in my opinion.

Firstly the club should be congratulated for putting on an open day today. 1st July and the new season begins. Feedback from fans sought engagement. This was an attempt to get fans down to Spotland, meet the players, the manager and the staff. They have given up their Saturday to do this. A chance to reset the relationship and let the kids enjoy themselves.

As for the kit launch and the website - maybe, just maybe, there is limited stock for the launch. Imagine the criticism if the club was taking online sales but had sold large quantities in the shop today and thus couldn't fulfill online orders? One poster has already said that the club shop was busy. The club wouldn't be able to fulfill any online orders until next week in any case. I think we need to cut them some slack here.

And congratulations to the winners of the season card prize draw. A 5 year upgrade is a wicked prize.
Open Day 1st July on 13:49 - Jul 1 with 3826 views442Dale

Open Day 1st July on 13:40 - Jul 1 by Dalenet

This thread has become a bit tedious and an unnecessary witch hunt in my opinion.

Firstly the club should be congratulated for putting on an open day today. 1st July and the new season begins. Feedback from fans sought engagement. This was an attempt to get fans down to Spotland, meet the players, the manager and the staff. They have given up their Saturday to do this. A chance to reset the relationship and let the kids enjoy themselves.

As for the kit launch and the website - maybe, just maybe, there is limited stock for the launch. Imagine the criticism if the club was taking online sales but had sold large quantities in the shop today and thus couldn't fulfill online orders? One poster has already said that the club shop was busy. The club wouldn't be able to fulfill any online orders until next week in any case. I think we need to cut them some slack here.

And congratulations to the winners of the season card prize draw. A 5 year upgrade is a wicked prize.

It’s not about cutting them slack, it’s about making a proper effort to change the way the club operates.

Part of that is identifying where things should be better. We can’t start picking and choosing subjects where such an approach isn’t appropriate.

Certainly no criticism of the Open Day idea. However, some have pointed out how this could have been promoted differently. The Open Days have been run successfully in the past and they’re always a good way to engage families especially, so it is indeed to the club’s credit in the past and now that we have them, but one off gestures are not illustrative of a proper plan of engagement with a visible process for all to see.

Not sure how limited stock makes a difference to having the products showing on the online shop when they are being promoted as for sale and directing people to use that method. They had, to their credit, allowed fans to preorder online.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Open Day 1st July on 14:42 - Jul 1 with 3664 viewsBrierls

I really like the shirt. It’s personal taste obviously, but I think it’s one of the best we’ve had in the last 10 years.

I don’t like designs being put to a fan vote and then changed. It doesn’t matter how small that change is; in this case changing the colour of the collar does make a difference to the look of the shirt. I believe this shirt design was also changed from what the fan kit panel chose as an option, with black sleeves being replaced with blue. Again, not on. Ask for fan input or don’t. Half-arsed adoption of fan opinion does more harm than good.

The training and leisure gear is simple but again looks good. I’m actually interested in buying this year. I hope the black/grey training gear that staff are wearing is made available for sale, I think it would be a good seller.

I think it’s a very solid start for O’Neills.

The Open Day looks to have gone really well. The club should be given credit for putting it on, with particular thanks to Jim and the players for attending en masse. It’s events like this that generate interest from younger fans and families. The advertising of the Open Day wasn’t good enough; to me it came across as last minute and half-arsed.

Don’t get me started on the Online Shop. It’s 2023; if you can’t coordinate a kit launch in the shop and online then you have employed the wrong people.
Open Day 1st July on 15:32 - Jul 1 with 3532 viewskel

No harm in informing people when trying to buy that there is limited stock.
Open Day 1st July on 15:37 - Jul 1 with 3497 viewsNewbury_Dale

Like the shirt and well done to the club on the Open Day. Was anyone brave enough to ask Jim why Tahvon Campbell hasn't returned for pre season training?
Open Day 1st July on 17:05 - Jul 1 with 3272 viewsblackdogblue

As regards the Manager & the Team giving up their Saturday… a morning is certainly a change from giving up on a Saturday afternoon from 3pm on the pitch

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Open Day 1st July on 17:17 - Jul 1 with 3238 viewsClivert

Having seen it person this morning it does look good and quality of the material looks decent too which backs up what people have said about the quality of O'Neils clothes.

Passing it off as the 'Fans Choice' isn't right though.
Open Day 1st July on 17:27 - Jul 1 with 3184 viewsblackdogblue

Open Day 1st July on 17:17 - Jul 1 by Clivert

Having seen it person this morning it does look good and quality of the material looks decent too which backs up what people have said about the quality of O'Neils clothes.

Passing it off as the 'Fans Choice' isn't right though.

Bought some training tops on the Saturday before Fathers Day & yes they are great quality.. worth the few quid more & not like the Fila patches that fell off at the look of a tumble dryer…

One serious comment I will make, I recall a mobile Errea shop on kit launch days or have I imagined that???

The comment is was there only the home & keeper shirts on sale today?

If so… potential of huge loss of initial sales boost on the Team 2nd & 3rd kits… (whatever they turn out to look like)…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Open Day 1st July on 17:33 - Jul 1 with 3163 viewsHullDale

All of the items are online now, so not a stock issue.

The shop being 'busy' isn't an excuse, either, as this launch has been planned for weeks.
Open Day 1st July on 18:58 - Jul 1 with 2990 viewsNorthernDale

Open Day 1st July on 15:37 - Jul 1 by Newbury_Dale

Like the shirt and well done to the club on the Open Day. Was anyone brave enough to ask Jim why Tahvon Campbell hasn't returned for pre season training?

I did not know that, you never know, it could be due to family reasons or alternately he as made his mind up, not to return north.

Did any gain any info on possible signings or what as happened to Lloyd or Graham.
Open Day 1st July on 19:17 - Jul 1 with 2947 viewskel

Open Day 1st July on 18:58 - Jul 1 by NorthernDale

I did not know that, you never know, it could be due to family reasons or alternately he as made his mind up, not to return north.

Did any gain any info on possible signings or what as happened to Lloyd or Graham.

I think it’s getting to the point where you’re going to have to ring the club and ask them as it seems to be bothering you a little too much.
Open Day 1st July on 19:28 - Jul 1 with 2911 viewsTVOS1907

Open Day 1st July on 18:58 - Jul 1 by NorthernDale

Do you not think, like with Kelly, Mullarkey, et al, that the club will let us know when there is some news?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Open Day 1st July on 20:11 - Jul 1 with 2787 viewsdalenumber2

Can we pick up our season tickets now? I get more info from here than from the club. To be honest I don’t care what the kit looks like but I do worry about how the whole marketing thing is being done (or not).
Open Day 1st July on 20:34 - Jul 1 with 2729 viewswozzrafc

I was in the shop about 1:00pm and they had sold out of some sizes today. There was talk of stock being received Tuesday and Wednesday.

It looked like it had been doing a brisk trade with lots of people carrying o’neils bags.

Regardless of how we got here, Yes the kit looks slightly different from the design which won the vote, but the prints the same, there is white trim on the strips and it’s got white cuffs on the sleeves. Ok they have changed the collar to white from the prototype, but let’s be honest does that really matter? it looks like the kits a seller, and that above all else is the main thing.

The club got beat up on the choice of oneil’s but looking a the quality of the range today, I think we will be pleasantly suprised.

As for the online issue, the online shop has been a long term issue which needs to be addressed.

Constructive criticism is always good, but it has to be measured. Sometimes it feels like everything the club does is wrong, yes there’s issues that need to be addressed and they should quite rightly be raised, but let’s not jump on every little thing.

Ok today may not have been the perfect launch but people seemed to enjoy the open day, the club did a good trade on kits and on the whole most people liked the design. It wasn’t a total disaster
Open Day 1st July on 20:51 - Jul 1 with 2682 viewsNorthernDale

May I ask, what are the away kits like this coming season, did the fans not have a choice on them as well.
Open Day 1st July on 20:59 - Jul 1 with 2667 viewswozzrafc

I heard them say in the club shop they will be here in time for the start of the season. I don’t think the fans did have a vote on the away kit. We will just have to wait and see.
Open Day 1st July on 22:19 - Jul 1 with 2499 viewsTVOS1907

Open Day 1st July on 20:51 - Jul 1 by NorthernDale

May I ask, what are the away kits like this coming season, did the fans not have a choice on them as well.

They were part of the kit vote and will be announced in due course, is my understanding.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Open Day 1st July on 00:26 - Jul 2 with 2335 viewsSandyman

Open Day 1st July on 22:19 - Jul 1 by TVOS1907

They were part of the kit vote and will be announced in due course, is my understanding.

One wonders if the away kit collars will be different to those that won the fan's vote....

Open Day 1st July on 08:04 - Jul 2 with 2167 viewswozzrafc

Open Day 1st July on 00:26 - Jul 2 by Sandyman

One wonders if the away kit collars will be different to those that won the fan's vote....

If it’s similar to the winning design, does it really matter? If the kit sells that’s the most important thing 🙄
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 8:53]
Open Day 1st July on 09:43 - Jul 2 with 2015 viewskel

Open Day 1st July on 08:04 - Jul 2 by wozzrafc

If it’s similar to the winning design, does it really matter? If the kit sells that’s the most important thing 🙄
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 8:53]

Although I agree it looks nice, yes it does matter to some people. In your opinion it doesn’t which is fine, but people are allowed to be annoyed by it.

It’s just another example of ‘we know best’ from the board again imo. They refuse help that’s been offered by others both on here and elsewhere (volunteer army anyone?) and allow people to vote on a design only to decide that they like white better so that’s what it’s going to be. A small thing maybe but it all just keeps adding up doesn’t it?

If there’s a reason for it then just let us know instead of keeping us in the dark as usual. So much for more communication and reengagement.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 9:56]
Open Day 1st July on 10:21 - Jul 2 with 1934 viewswozzrafc

Open Day 1st July on 09:43 - Jul 2 by kel

Although I agree it looks nice, yes it does matter to some people. In your opinion it doesn’t which is fine, but people are allowed to be annoyed by it.

It’s just another example of ‘we know best’ from the board again imo. They refuse help that’s been offered by others both on here and elsewhere (volunteer army anyone?) and allow people to vote on a design only to decide that they like white better so that’s what it’s going to be. A small thing maybe but it all just keeps adding up doesn’t it?

If there’s a reason for it then just let us know instead of keeping us in the dark as usual. So much for more communication and reengagement.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 9:56]

I agree that there are issues but we have to be measured. There have been and always will be issues this board is not unique in that.

But we are not going to solve every little thing. We need to focus on the big issues. If every little thing is blown up it comes across as a witch hunt and therefore becomes counterproductive. (I’m not saying it is a witch hunt I’m talking about the perception.)

I know a lot of the posters on here and I do respect their opinions, they are legitimate, and I’m as frustrated with some of the things that need to be addressed. I’d hope the meetings with the trust had recently and the commitment from the board to engage further with the trust will start to address them but it will always time.

But it’s becoming increasingly tiresome being a dale fan. Ever time I see a post on Twitter or Facebook from the club announcing a signing , updating pitch renovations or announcing details of friendlies it’s met with post after post of negativity, smart arsed comments or moaning.

And from the boards side there seems little to acknowledge what the fans are saying. They are customers and ultimately you have a duty.

The really disappointing thing for me is and I honestly believe this both sides have the very best interests of the club at heart, unlike the previous chairman and CEO who intentionally dragged this club to its knees.

There is a list of problems at the club some major ones us mere fans probably don’t fully understand or know the extent, Some them have been issues for years, but that still no excuse. Some as a result of the malious damage done by the previous incumbents and yes some as a direct consequence of decisions of the current board.

Both parties came together to defeat the threat the last board inflicted,and save the club, I just wish we could do that to build it back up.

I hope the coming forum can be a catalyst for fans and the club together. Let’s hope we see an openness from the board to take some of the suggestions and concerns of the fans, and from the fans let’s be measured in our criticism.

So in my opinion yes the online club shop needs sorting, it has for years, yes we need to have a plan how the adapt to non league, yes we need to maximise resources in our fanbase, sorting out the behaviour of a section of fans in the sandy, but making a change of a collar from black to white?

Top and bottom is a good start on the pitch and some of these smaller issue will seem a little less important .
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 11:03]
Open Day 1st July on 18:21 - Jul 2 with 1506 viewskel

Open Day 1st July on 10:21 - Jul 2 by wozzrafc

I agree that there are issues but we have to be measured. There have been and always will be issues this board is not unique in that.

But we are not going to solve every little thing. We need to focus on the big issues. If every little thing is blown up it comes across as a witch hunt and therefore becomes counterproductive. (I’m not saying it is a witch hunt I’m talking about the perception.)

I know a lot of the posters on here and I do respect their opinions, they are legitimate, and I’m as frustrated with some of the things that need to be addressed. I’d hope the meetings with the trust had recently and the commitment from the board to engage further with the trust will start to address them but it will always time.

But it’s becoming increasingly tiresome being a dale fan. Ever time I see a post on Twitter or Facebook from the club announcing a signing , updating pitch renovations or announcing details of friendlies it’s met with post after post of negativity, smart arsed comments or moaning.

And from the boards side there seems little to acknowledge what the fans are saying. They are customers and ultimately you have a duty.

The really disappointing thing for me is and I honestly believe this both sides have the very best interests of the club at heart, unlike the previous chairman and CEO who intentionally dragged this club to its knees.

There is a list of problems at the club some major ones us mere fans probably don’t fully understand or know the extent, Some them have been issues for years, but that still no excuse. Some as a result of the malious damage done by the previous incumbents and yes some as a direct consequence of decisions of the current board.

Both parties came together to defeat the threat the last board inflicted,and save the club, I just wish we could do that to build it back up.

I hope the coming forum can be a catalyst for fans and the club together. Let’s hope we see an openness from the board to take some of the suggestions and concerns of the fans, and from the fans let’s be measured in our criticism.

So in my opinion yes the online club shop needs sorting, it has for years, yes we need to have a plan how the adapt to non league, yes we need to maximise resources in our fanbase, sorting out the behaviour of a section of fans in the sandy, but making a change of a collar from black to white?

Top and bottom is a good start on the pitch and some of these smaller issue will seem a little less important .
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 11:03]

It’s a very small thing, yes, which could have have been easily resolved as said. If they can’t get the small things right how do you reckon they’ll go getting the big things right?

History tells us that they can’t.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 18:22]
Open Day 1st July on 18:39 - Jul 2 with 1445 views442Dale

Open Day 1st July on 18:21 - Jul 2 by kel

It’s a very small thing, yes, which could have have been easily resolved as said. If they can’t get the small things right how do you reckon they’ll go getting the big things right?

It’s ok, it’s almost certain the club are looking at this.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Open Day 1st July on 10:16 - Jul 3 with 1053 viewsEllDale

I was pleased so see so many players actually looking as though they enjoyed being there, especially two or three who might have been reluctant attendees given the abuse they received last season.
Open Day 1st July on 10:51 - Jul 3 with 978 viewswatford_dale

Open Day 1st July on 18:21 - Jul 2 by kel

Precisely - in the 1980's when Van Halen were touring they were loading in massive amounts of staging, sound equipment and lighting. Unfortunately, these buildings were never built to accommodate a rock band of Van Halen's scope. Without specific guidelines, old floors could buckle and collapse, beams could rupture, and the lives of the band, their crew and fans could be at serious risk.

So just as a little test, in the technical aspect of the rider, it would say ‘Article 148: There will be fifteen amperage voltage sockets at twenty-foot spaces, evenly, providing nineteen amperes…’ And article number 126, in the middle of nowhere, was: ‘There will be no brown M&M’s in the backstage area, upon pain of forfeiture of the show, with full compensation.’

One brown M&M could result in cancellation of the show. The little things do matter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024