Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. 18:07 - Aug 18 with 39409 viewsqpr_1968

going with the heart again.....2-0 hoops.

minutes applause for trevor francis, john hollins and mike hellawell .

tickets on me phone for this one, hope no problems with that.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:02 - Aug 19 with 2750 viewsqueensparker

Not too dispirited by that. Three of our best players go off injured but we stayed in the game and with better finishing we should have won. Miles better than a lot of Rangers games I've watched recently.

Colback looks good and the kids coming on don't look out of place. Kolli is clearly not a target man so why we kept hoofing it to him I do not know but he looks useful.

On the other hand if Dykes, Field, Willock and Armstrong are all out injured that's not much of a team left... The reason we look knackered at 70 mins on is we never keep the ball, we're spending the whole game chasing. It's taking its toll.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:03 - Aug 19 with 2703 viewsMedwayR

Hope Armstrong's injury isn't a bad one but lots of positives today, we were unlucky to lose.

With Armstrong, Kolli and hopefully Alfie Lloyd too we could have some talent on our hands up front.

Poll: Who’s better?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:03 - Aug 19 with 2675 viewsqprd

i think the key takeaway is that squad management is going to be absolutely essential

cant expect chair, dykes, etc to play 90 mins every game

if were ahead or behind by more than 1 or theres a window to give these guys spells, we need to do so

also essential to continue blooding the likes of SDM, kohli, EDB, etc.... need these guys to be contributors to the squad and the only way theyll get there is by getting as many minutes as possible

hate to dwell on last season, but feels a shame we started the likes of chris martin laird and amos over these guys in the last game against bristol city...
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:03 - Aug 19 with 2668 viewsSAPilgrim

Positives to take, but positives of course areb’t as valuable as points. Still much to like there.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:04 - Aug 19 with 2651 viewsted_hendrix

We must Improve our fitness levels surely? 45 minutes and we looked good then we look knackered, that's wrong, yea good performance but the result Is shyte.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:04 - Aug 19 with 2617 viewsR_from_afar

Well, that wasn't the battering I was expecting, thankfully. It sounds like we put in the effort and had the right attitude, plus that we were organised and disciplined.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:05 - Aug 19 with 2555 viewspaulparker

Compared to last year this team is giving it a go at least, on another day we score first and maybe get a point

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:07 - Aug 19 with 2532 viewskarlski

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:00 - Aug 19 by Gloucs_R

Frustrating and felt like we should have had something out of this game.

I can see lots of positives though.

We look pretty solid at the back, we've got a bit more bite about us and lots of leadership on the pitch.

Really good entertaining first half..

Started too slowly in the second half and never really got into it.

Sinclair going off was a real shame.

On to the next one.....

Agree. Odd slow/deep start to 2nd half. And worrying fitness issues (both injuries and endurance).

However I'm not feeling too negative about it. If we play like that we'll pick up plenty of points. Good effort, decent shape, put together some nice moves, Sinclair is monstrous and, crucially, improving the technical/positional side of his game. Cook, Fox, Colback all bring something and will get better as their match fitness improves. Smyth great in an Ainsworth team, and pace to get in behind.

Kolli has to be in and around the 1st team or, if we get a Prem loanee who is a better immediate option, get him out on loan. First team football will bring him on leaps and bounds. Lovely touch, good height, livewire instincts.

Ipswich a good side playing with confidence. But we competed.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:08 - Aug 19 with 2462 viewsDamo1962

I always think a good result at home in your first game of the season...sets the tone for the rest of it. Sounds like we were a bit unfortunate to lose this one, and a draw would have been a fair result - but football in this league is unforgiving. I was at least hoping we would score one goal, but have ended goal-less at LR for the umpteenth time in the last twenty odd months. A familiar patter is emerging again, and without reinforcements up front...nothing is going to change. Oh and get rid of the medical team...and the sick-notes who litter the club. Do that, and maybe our fortunes will start looking up.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:09 - Aug 19 with 2452 viewsHastings_Hoops

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:07 - Aug 19 by karlski

Agree. Odd slow/deep start to 2nd half. And worrying fitness issues (both injuries and endurance).

However I'm not feeling too negative about it. If we play like that we'll pick up plenty of points. Good effort, decent shape, put together some nice moves, Sinclair is monstrous and, crucially, improving the technical/positional side of his game. Cook, Fox, Colback all bring something and will get better as their match fitness improves. Smyth great in an Ainsworth team, and pace to get in behind.

Kolli has to be in and around the 1st team or, if we get a Prem loanee who is a better immediate option, get him out on loan. First team football will bring him on leaps and bounds. Lovely touch, good height, livewire instincts.

Ipswich a good side playing with confidence. But we competed.

Not sure we should loan him out… if we shift chair and Willock and that allows us to bring in a few solid (not spectacular) players; let’s blood them in here over the season.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:10 - Aug 19 with 2428 viewsLordPork

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:01 - Aug 19 by DejR_vu

Oh well, as long as they gave everything and came off with cramp, that’s the most important thing

the most important thing is winning.......
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:15 - Aug 19 with 2311 viewsDamo1962

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:10 - Aug 19 by LordPork

Or at least not losing. We still accept defeat too easily as a club and fan base -and that is not a healthy attitude for improving. Long way to go and all that though 🙂
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:17 - Aug 19 with 2292 viewsqprd

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:04 - Aug 19 by R_from_afar

Well, that wasn't the battering I was expecting, thankfully. It sounds like we put in the effort and had the right attitude, plus that we were organised and disciplined.

trying to take positives (b/c it sounds like we are playing better than last year and that there is some spirit seeping into this club)

having said that were in a dog fight and points on the board is rly what matters.... felt a lot better after playing like c*ap and getting 3 points against burnley last year (3 goal line clearances in first half from dickie alone!) than i do today
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:23 - Aug 19 with 2167 viewsBklynRanger

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 16:37 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Dixon Bonner losing the ball was the catalyst for that goal

Yeah he had a couple of heavy touches in the middle around that point, one of which was that one. Some great work out wide towards the end though. He and Koli know each others' game.

Didn't look like Armstrong was badly injured - he was walking around behind Ainsworth at the end. Looked ok, just gutted.

Plenty of positives to take from that, just equally gutted not to get something. No way did the mighty Ipswich deserve all 3 points.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 2130 viewsrbee

Strange game blighted by injuries and fitness issues that Gareth identified soon after he walked through the door. Andy Sinton said that we looked tired before an hour had been played. Despite the recruitment of Ben Williams and a full pre season injuries and overall fitness are still major issues.

Despite plenty of positives in the game we now have away games at Southampton and 'Boro followed by an International break. Likely we shall go in to the break around the bottom of the table so it has to be full steam ahead after the break.

Sinclair Armstrong it seems has limited game time in him so to me he should be more second half than first half when the opposition are tiring.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:28 - Aug 19 with 2084 viewsdavman

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:01 - Aug 19 by stevenagehoop

Having no goal scorer for yet another season is even more critical - until we have one nothing will change

The signings and formation change has tightened us up, but going forward, I can't see any more than 30goals in this squad and that HAS to be our worry.

So much better in the last three games, but we've still lost the last two. As Nick London said on comms, behave got to start winning games again soon...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:31 - Aug 19 with 2034 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:04 - Aug 19 by ted_hendrix

We must Improve our fitness levels surely? 45 minutes and we looked good then we look knackered, that's wrong, yea good performance but the result Is shyte.

Simply unacceptable in my book Edward.

Fitness has been a long-standing issue at QPR, usually kicking in from the 61st minute, following which oir bedraggled galacticos seem to concede more late on, and quite probably manifesting itself in our predilection for knocks and niggles. It's remained unaddressed by previous management and dare I say it, the former DOF, which is not good enough!

GA got a pass when he joined, but we've had a preseason to address this and brought in the fitness bloke from Ineos. It's not as if the EFL sprung the starting date for the season on us. We should be ready to play 90 minutes from the off.

Once the season starts, it's about maintaining fitness, not trying to acquire it; so increased fitness work might be a dangerous step to take.

Armstrong baffles me. At his age, he should be able to run for weeks nonstop. Is it a fuelling thing i.e. poor nutrition or, does he just not have stamina? Just amazing.

But sounds like it wasn't a lack of effort tgst dud us in the end, but a lack of legs.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:33 - Aug 19 with 2022 viewsqprd

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:31 - Aug 19 by PlanetHonneywood

Simply unacceptable in my book Edward.

Fitness has been a long-standing issue at QPR, usually kicking in from the 61st minute, following which oir bedraggled galacticos seem to concede more late on, and quite probably manifesting itself in our predilection for knocks and niggles. It's remained unaddressed by previous management and dare I say it, the former DOF, which is not good enough!

GA got a pass when he joined, but we've had a preseason to address this and brought in the fitness bloke from Ineos. It's not as if the EFL sprung the starting date for the season on us. We should be ready to play 90 minutes from the off.

Once the season starts, it's about maintaining fitness, not trying to acquire it; so increased fitness work might be a dangerous step to take.

Armstrong baffles me. At his age, he should be able to run for weeks nonstop. Is it a fuelling thing i.e. poor nutrition or, does he just not have stamina? Just amazing.

But sounds like it wasn't a lack of effort tgst dud us in the end, but a lack of legs.

armstrong is built like a sprinter and moves around the pitch like one... hes clearly very fit but he doesnt play in a way that enables him to go the full 90.... that will come with time, but its apparent for the time being that he should be deployed as an impact sub who batters a tired defense after 55 minutes.....
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:35 - Aug 19 with 1992 viewsnumptydumpty

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 16:07 - Aug 19 by Hastings_Hoops

Willock taken off 😉🫡

Why you happy about that...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 1971 viewsnumptydumpty

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 16:22 - Aug 19 by Match82

Nobody wants Willock to do badly. Its surely not surprising that people critical of his performances and effort aren't making those comments today because his effort and performance today have clearly been much better. Good! Let's hope that continues. I wasn't sure there was a way back for him, delighted to say that after today, I feel more optimistic that there is. Let's start him again next game, let's have more of the same.

Agree with your bigger point that it's been much better, and against a pretty strong team for this division who are high on form and confidence. Light years away from Watford.

Some do want Willock to do badly

Maybe some trolls on here.

Look at the Willock thread
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:01]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:51 - Aug 19 with 1850 viewsDejR_vu

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:10 - Aug 19 by LordPork

It was tongue in cheek

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:57 - Aug 19 with 1781 viewsslmrstid

Disappointed to lose, but otherwise that was everything I want in a QPR team. Lots of heart, fight, determination and some good goalscoring chances.

Fine margins saw us lose, but if we are to lose I want the opposition to come away thinking they had to work really hard for it. Any Ipswich person claiming it was easy is kidding themselves.

Lots to like and hopefully in futùre games the bounces swing our way.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 18:00 - Aug 19 with 1759 viewsRs_Holy

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 17:28 - Aug 19 by davman

The signings and formation change has tightened us up, but going forward, I can't see any more than 30goals in this squad and that HAS to be our worry.

So much better in the last three games, but we've still lost the last two. As Nick London said on comms, behave got to start winning games again soon...

Yep… absolutely. 4 games this season now and weve failed to score in 3 of them. The lack of goals is going to kill us … in previous seasons we’d loan a couple decent strikers but it’s obviously not an option now :(
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:04]
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 18:00 - Aug 19 with 1759 viewsessextaxiboy

Just back , if we play like that every week 16th is the minimum .. IMO
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 18:01 - Aug 19 with 2888 viewsthemodfather

for me we played well , did not score and got the old sucker punch, we blocked the initial shot and they whacked in the loose ball. bow locks is all i can say. sinclair ran em ragged hit both posts, saw the ball go along the line and not go in ffs! un real.
am i ready to burn down the place, lynch people and destroy? not yet. there were some good spells by us and they were not that good . just had MOMENTUM
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024