Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real problem? 18:54 - Oct 7 with 10481 viewspaulhoop2

Personally I feel there are a few players that should really step up and perform. Very easy to blame managers and coaches. People say he should go but I really can’t see who would make us any better? As for wanting the owners out careful what you wish for that really could see the end of the road.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The real problem? on 15:15 - Oct 8 with 1556 viewsParkRoyalR

The real problem? on 13:48 - Oct 8 by DejR_vu

🤣

Okay, let me re-phrase that for you:

Criticising Chair is like criticising the pumps for not keeping the Titanic afloat.

Is that okay?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 13:58]

Any criticism of Chair on this Forum, whether positive or negative, tends to bring wrath to the poster, however well intended the post maybe.

Beale made a very telling point about Chair, which may explain the lack of any significant bids for the player. A surprise to some of our fans, but not others.

Given the lack of entertainment of late, I now count the number of touches Chair takes before he lifts his head up or even considers a pass.

Its rarely, if ever, less than 5 and frequently up to 10+. This inherent flaw in his game may have been the underlying reason for Beale's comment.

However, I still feel with the right coaches and played in the right position, he can be a £5m player. With Ainsworth as Manager, this will not happen.
The real problem? on 15:52 - Oct 8 with 1460 viewsandrew1302

The real problem? on 15:15 - Oct 8 by ParkRoyalR

Any criticism of Chair on this Forum, whether positive or negative, tends to bring wrath to the poster, however well intended the post maybe.

Beale made a very telling point about Chair, which may explain the lack of any significant bids for the player. A surprise to some of our fans, but not others.

Given the lack of entertainment of late, I now count the number of touches Chair takes before he lifts his head up or even considers a pass.

Its rarely, if ever, less than 5 and frequently up to 10+. This inherent flaw in his game may have been the underlying reason for Beale's comment.

However, I still feel with the right coaches and played in the right position, he can be a £5m player. With Ainsworth as Manager, this will not happen.

A few points. It seems clear yo me that Chair is easily talented enough for the Championship. If he is frustrated I think it is up to the manager to find out why and resolve the issue. Ainsworth talked of being a scrapper. I am sorry but at this level that is not enough. You need someone who can adjust tactics that don't work. In this league pumping it up field in hope and short long throws don't work. I don't know a lot but this sort of play and thinking that scrapping will get you there is naive. And for those who thin we will do well in League 1 I think that is jus just wishful thinking. Sides there are not bad and I can see a straight slide to League 2. Field Chair will go and what is left is League 2. Bottom line to me us someone has to come in and motivate the team by firstly changing tactics and going beyond I am a scrapper which is really a bit pathetic. If we are to go down at least have someone in charge who can create a team to push for promotion from that level. Ipswich and Sunderland are examples of teams from League 1 who got it right and that is probably the level we have to be to meaningfully get out. We desperately need someone in charge who understands football. Ruben is clearly nice but clueless. With his mate Fernandes then Ferdinand he has created an awful mess and he needs to find the person who has the depth of experience to turn it around. Without that I am not sure we will stop at League 2 such is the horror show that has been created
The real problem? on 17:13 - Oct 8 with 1328 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Blimey, can't believe people having a pop at Chair on here. This is a bloke who signed a 5 year deal and played 200 (?) games for us, and now we have a go!

He has been stuck out on the wing by a manager who is fu cking useless. Sooner a new manager in playing Chair central with Kolli/Willock behind Dykes or Armstrong the better.
The real problem? on 17:17 - Oct 8 with 1290 viewsstainrods_elbow

The real problem? on 11:14 - Oct 8 by ParkRoyalR

SDM was cramping early in the 2nd Half, I saw this on 55 minutes, I could see he was struggling to provide cover to Larkeche, I could see Blackburn were overloading on this side and were likely to score a 3rd,

So question is, if I could see this from South Africa Road G Block, why could the coaching staff not see it?

I actually saw SDM in the Centre Circle stretching both his calfs around the 60th minute, did the coaching staff not see this?

Beyond clueless, time to go.

I saw that too - after an hour! It was beyond bizarre. Some of these players seem, if anything, less fit than last season. Shameful, shocking and an insult to the fans and their profession.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The real problem? on 17:38 - Oct 8 with 1249 viewsNed_Kennedys

The real problem? on 17:17 - Oct 8 by stainrods_elbow

I saw that too - after an hour! It was beyond bizarre. Some of these players seem, if anything, less fit than last season. Shameful, shocking and an insult to the fans and their profession.

When was the last time Duke-McKenna started a first team match if ever? Hardly surprising he was not fully match fit and was feeling the pace after an hour, especially as he did a lot of running around up until that point.
Should’ve been subbed well before the 79th minute.
The real problem? on 18:27 - Oct 8 with 1204 viewsEsox_Lucius

The real problem? on 10:55 - Oct 8 by westy

You’ve no idea who I am or what I do or where I do or do not go. Same as you to me. I don’t have to justify myself to you or anybody else for that matter. In my opinion that’s what I think. He’s by far the most technically gifted player yet atm far from the best so he’s not immune from criticism as far as I can see. Sorry if that doesn’t fit or suit your own opinion. Which again is fine. 👍

OK, then you haven't a clue about what you are watching. He gives 100% effort in every game for the full amount of time he is on the pitch. He is rarely injured and definitely isn't tossing it off in games.

The grass is always greener.

The real problem? on 18:35 - Oct 8 with 1182 viewsNorthantsHoop

The real problem? on 17:13 - Oct 8 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Blimey, can't believe people having a pop at Chair on here. This is a bloke who signed a 5 year deal and played 200 (?) games for us, and now we have a go!

He has been stuck out on the wing by a manager who is fu cking useless. Sooner a new manager in playing Chair central with Kolli/Willock behind Dykes or Armstrong the better.

You are correct, Chair has to play centrally, all this wing back stuff is killing any form of getting at teams. Watching most of what happens at LR teams come through central midfield and open the opposition up through decent quick passing. We just continue to try and go down the flanks and fail to deliver any sort of quality cross, all old school thinking of get to the byline and cross for centre forward to nod in. Ainsworth and Dobson seem about 30 years out of date.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 18:37]
The real problem? on 18:46 - Oct 8 with 1143 viewsBklynRanger

The real problem? on 18:27 - Oct 8 by Esox_Lucius

OK, then you haven't a clue about what you are watching. He gives 100% effort in every game for the full amount of time he is on the pitch. He is rarely injured and definitely isn't tossing it off in games.

I'm generally in tune with you E L but he didn't give that for the first half yesterday. He wasn't happy. Chair is great but he does get the hump and decide who to pass to and when.

I'm not blaming him at all, because he cares and probably felt it was a ridiculous idea to play him on the left of a front 3 (?), which it was. That's all.
Login to get fewer ads

The real problem? on 18:52 - Oct 8 with 1125 viewswesty

The real problem? on 18:27 - Oct 8 by Esox_Lucius

Ok 👍
if that’s what you’re pinning your hoops on no wonder the club are where they are. The guy has been underperforming for weeks but hey let’s not get in the way of the truth. If you can actually read what I’ve said. He’s the most gifted by a mile that doesn’t mean he’s the best player right now. Just my humble opinion.
How come no bids came in for him in the summer.
Looks like those in the know, know 😂
The real problem? on 19:15 - Oct 8 with 1057 viewsplasmahoop

The real problem? on 18:35 - Oct 8 by NorthantsHoop

You are correct, Chair has to play centrally, all this wing back stuff is killing any form of getting at teams. Watching most of what happens at LR teams come through central midfield and open the opposition up through decent quick passing. We just continue to try and go down the flanks and fail to deliver any sort of quality cross, all old school thinking of get to the byline and cross for centre forward to nod in. Ainsworth and Dobson seem about 30 years out of date.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 18:37]

If we got to the byline, we might have a chance. How often do we get to the byline and put in a decent cross/pullback?
The real problem? on 19:59 - Oct 8 with 979 viewsgazza1

I would be asking/telling Chair to stop 'dallying' and get the ball into the box earlier......then the other forward players, 3/4 of them must make the runs into the box.
The real problem? on 20:42 - Oct 8 with 939 viewsbaz_qpr

The real problem? on 19:59 - Oct 8 by gazza1

I would be asking/telling Chair to stop 'dallying' and get the ball into the box earlier......then the other forward players, 3/4 of them must make the runs into the box.

That's the problem though Gaz we rarely do have that many in the box its often one v 4 or 5 the midfield rarely gets beyond the ball or the forwards either and if they do we concede on the break
The real problem? on 22:17 - Oct 8 with 830 viewsstainrods_elbow

The real problem? on 17:38 - Oct 8 by Ned_Kennedys

When was the last time Duke-McKenna started a first team match if ever? Hardly surprising he was not fully match fit and was feeling the pace after an hour, especially as he did a lot of running around up until that point.
Should’ve been subbed well before the 79th minute.

So players who haven't started games (but made plenty of other sub appearances, including 11 for their national side in this case, and who are young, healthy and presumably training properly) are allowed not to be match-fit and blowing out of their arses after an hour? PS Duke-McKenna is now 23 years old.

M'lud, I give you the latest exhibit in Why We Are So Shit.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The real problem? on 23:37 - Oct 8 with 734 viewsNed_Kennedys

The real problem? on 22:17 - Oct 8 by stainrods_elbow

So players who haven't started games (but made plenty of other sub appearances, including 11 for their national side in this case, and who are young, healthy and presumably training properly) are allowed not to be match-fit and blowing out of their arses after an hour? PS Duke-McKenna is now 23 years old.

M'lud, I give you the latest exhibit in Why We Are So Shit.

I said he is not MATCH fit which is due to not playing many if any full 90 minutes prior to starting on Saturday. He should have been taken off earlier in the second half. It’s hardly a damning indictment of the whole club is it.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024