Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke Reflection 22:31 - Nov 28 with 10101 viewsbluenwhite10

Wow we all went through the ringer tonight as we saw the best and worst of Rangers. I thought when we missed the opportunities at 1-0 when Dykes missed the one on one and Dixon Bonnir Mia controlled the ball and I could be wrong I think Chair missed it that it was not going to be our night when we failed ti clear the corner and they equalised. The 10mins or so after the sending off was Rangers at their worse as we did not seem to know how to play against 10 men and you could not see the spare man on the pitch and when Stoke went in front it kind of summed Rangers up at the moment. Willock was disinterested we seemed to be bringing all 11 players back to defend free kicks and corner, but we got a break and good finish from Dykes to level it and fair play and well done to Larkeche for not diving in and committing a needless fail with a player going nowhere and for hassling never giving winning the ball and putting the ball in the danger zone for all of the people Ben Pearson who has been over the years a complete moaning so and so over the years in the Refs ears to slice one into his own net. Still felt nervous against 10 at 3-2 but Willock took his goal well to put the icing on the cake to give us a 4-2 win that honestly nobody expected at 2-1 down. Steve Cook played well bring the ball out of defence and making some timely tackles and blocks but my MOM tonight might be a strange one back Jack Colback showed his experience keeping the ball moving and driving Rangers forward … On a positive Clarke-Salter looked good when he came on a should start in front of out of sorts Jimmy Dunne at Preston. Well done also Marti for the changes which seemed to work and I would also start Cannon instead of Kakay who did nothing really wrong but Cannon is an upgrade. Come on you R’s
Stoke Reflection on 00:36 - Nov 29 with 2683 viewsWestLondonlalalalala

Best referee for a long time!! :)
Stoke Reflection on 00:40 - Nov 29 with 2653 viewsAirtomoreira

Stoke Reflection on 00:36 - Nov 29 by WestLondonlalalalala

Best referee for a long time!! :)

Just checked out the Sjoke Forums - they beg to differ. Hehehe.
Stoke Reflection on 07:09 - Nov 29 with 2390 viewsnix

Just so good to see the place rocking again. It's been so, so long.

But how magnificent that the fans have kept turning up despite the slop they've been served up. They really deserved this.

And yes we got the rub of the green with the ref but we also deserved that as well, it's been a long time coming. Maybe he gave a bit of credit to the team that didn't scream in the official's faces, dived regularly and pulled a fair few tactical fouls and just gave us the benefit of the doubt.

Not quite sure why the last two players substituted in for Stoke didn't start earlier. They were a bit of a handful and thank goodness JCS was on to handle one of them, which he did really nicely.
Stoke Reflection on 07:26 - Nov 29 with 2331 viewslondonscottish

Stoke Reflection on 23:10 - Nov 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

No way we win that match under Ainsworth. Nice to see us having so many shots. Cannon looked different gravy for me and offers so much more than Ossie going forward. Fair play to Dykes after missing that chance - his pen was good and it was a lovely second goal. Brilliant battling by Larkeche for the winner and Chrissy's was the icing on the cake. I was confident before the match, a bit less after 60 minutes, but playing positively will always get its rewards, rather than that rope-a-dope bullshit we did earlier in the season. Onwards and upwards!

To my eyes there has been steady progression over the last few games.

I was at Leeds away and it was slop, especially the 1st half. As for Leicester, 18% possession at home - really?

Rotherham and Bristol were encouraging, if frustrating.

I was at Norwich on Saturday and, at last, there were balls in the box and - amazingly - men in the box AT THE SAME TIME. Actual chances being created. Massive improvement.

Last night was more of the same. Sods law I couldn't go but was jumping around the living room.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Stoke Reflection on 07:32 - Nov 29 with 2312 viewsHoopinEssex

Great result. Felt like days gone by at Loftus Rd. When we got the second you could just feel we would get the winner.

But there was bad aswell. We played against 10 men for nearly all of the 2nd half and they had periods of dominance.
Colback had a great game. Dykes actually played well apart from the miss so fair play to him. Marti's changes were excellent and won us the game.

Might be only me but Chair really needs to up his game. We look to him to create and win us games but all I see of late is poor decision making and giving the ball away. Hopefully we are still have a chance of staying up come January and Marti brings in his own players. After yesterday you can see he's a good manager. Will be interesting to see who he adds to the squad.
Stoke Reflection on 07:33 - Nov 29 with 2304 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great in the loft end last night especially those last 15 minutes. I just felt we were going to win last night but had my doubts when Stoke with 10 men went 2-1 up. Marti made some real key decisions last night especially subs. Thought Colback had his best game in a QPR shirt and watching Larkeche win that tackle and fought his way to deliver the cross which Pearson sliced in the net was brilliant. Great to see Willock back with a goal.
Marti is already starting to look the best signing in a while, we now need to keep momentum going. For us loft enders fantastic to see 3 goals at our end when we have been starved of home goals for well over a year now.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 7:33]
Stoke Reflection on 07:44 - Nov 29 with 2256 viewsdm97

Stoke Reflection on 23:42 - Nov 28 by dmm

Cifuentes did everything he could to win the game. From the 73rd minute, we had just one midfield player, Colback, as he threw on players to attack the game. He then took off Colback in the 88th minute and told Larkeche to play high, which quickly got us the third goal. I know Chair and Paal filled in the CM slots, but we ended up without a midfield player on the pitch and almost everyone pressing forward. And it worked. Love it!

Loving his relentless messaging that you always go for another goal, take the positive option, try and win the game. We scored the 4th tonight and I turned to my brother and asked when we last went for jugular and got that two goal lead late on, I can’t remember a time!

We should be approaching every game now like we have nothing to lose and I think Marti is channelling that very clearly. Smart messaging for a team who are scared of their own shadow.
Stoke Reflection on 08:44 - Nov 29 with 2049 viewsAddinall

From despair to euphoria in 15 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke Reflection on 08:58 - Nov 29 with 1984 viewsstevec

Stoke Reflection on 08:44 - Nov 29 by Addinall

From despair to euphoria in 15 minutes.

After eight months of waiting, reckon we deserved those 15 minutes.

Dykes himself created and scored a great goal out of nothing, something a forward should do a little more regularly than he’s done for us over four seasons. My fear is the board may already be thinking of those 15 minutes as an opportunity to do nothing in January. It doesn’t hide the fact that we look a poor side for the most part.
Stoke Reflection on 09:05 - Nov 29 with 1941 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stoke Reflection on 08:58 - Nov 29 by stevec

After eight months of waiting, reckon we deserved those 15 minutes.

Dykes himself created and scored a great goal out of nothing, something a forward should do a little more regularly than he’s done for us over four seasons. My fear is the board may already be thinking of those 15 minutes as an opportunity to do nothing in January. It doesn’t hide the fact that we look a poor side for the most part.

I think the history of the board is that they'll spend every bob FFP allows, Steve.

My worry is that we have already spent too much or will in January, but hopefully the sponsor deals might have alleviated that?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stoke Reflection on 09:09 - Nov 29 with 1914 viewsTheChef

Stoke Reflection on 00:06 - Nov 29 by robith

Been a long time since I've left Loftus Road thinking "there'll be a lot of lads deleting tweets in the morning"

Still a lot of issues- we were often outplayed by a 10 man team - but the relief of fighting back and getting the job done is massive. It's only Stoke, we're still adrift but God that felt massive. I hope Marti can use it as a turning point

And set pieces - absolute garbage all night. Every corner failed to beat the first man. Got to improve on those.

But anyway, great win!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Stoke Reflection on 09:11 - Nov 29 with 1903 viewsslmrstid

Today the "Days Since slmrstid Last Saw QPR Win" board can tick back to "1" from "402".

TFFT!

Its only one win, we're still in big trouble, but Christ it gives us some hope.

Pleased for Marti - aggressive substitutions and it paid off.
Stoke Reflection on 09:40 - Nov 29 with 1794 viewsloftus77

Yes, the cold light of day dawning here. A really heartening win but the hole we have got ourselves into is deep and dark. If we are seriously contemplating a path to Championship football next August, then its suddenly a long road ahead. There is now little room for error (ie any loss of team form) over a period of nearly 30 league games. Not impossible but still very historically unlikely, I would venture.

Nevertheless, I think Cifuentes' emphasis on Enjoyment is exactly right. The team just need to enjoy their football without the 'burden' of the league table every week. Play positive, take risks and remove inhibition and tentativeness (sounds easy I know) are the ways to go. Dare I say it, perhaps an FA cup run would help with this (stop laughing at the back). With this renewed attitude, who knows what could happen?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 9:41]
Stoke Reflection on 09:48 - Nov 29 with 1746 viewsCamberleyR

Stoke Reflection on 22:50 - Nov 28 by Stanisgod

Pound to a penny he misses the xmas games suspended again.Walking yellow card.

I said exactly the same on the match thread, I think he fancies Christmas off. Three more yellow cards in the next five games, a three game ban (2 for the 10 yellows + 1 additional for the red card card he's already had), thank you very much guys, see you in the FA Cup 3rd round on the 8th Jan...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Stoke Reflection on 10:00 - Nov 29 with 1694 viewsEsox_Lucius

Stoke Reflection on 09:48 - Nov 29 by CamberleyR

I said exactly the same on the match thread, I think he fancies Christmas off. Three more yellow cards in the next five games, a three game ban (2 for the 10 yellows + 1 additional for the red card card he's already had), thank you very much guys, see you in the FA Cup 3rd round on the 8th Jan...

There is no doubt that he did some good work over the course of the game but the pull backs on player going past him, the niggly fouls, an arm to the side of the face that was missed and getting in the face of the ref twice last night means he should only ever be on the bench. he is a walking liability re discipline. A chant for him could be an adaptation of the old tongue twister Red Lorry Yellow Lorry; Red hair, yellow Card ad nauseum.

The grass is always greener.

Stoke Reflection on 10:06 - Nov 29 with 1668 viewsrobith

Stoke Reflection on 07:44 - Nov 29 by dm97

Loving his relentless messaging that you always go for another goal, take the positive option, try and win the game. We scored the 4th tonight and I turned to my brother and asked when we last went for jugular and got that two goal lead late on, I can’t remember a time!

We should be approaching every game now like we have nothing to lose and I think Marti is channelling that very clearly. Smart messaging for a team who are scared of their own shadow.

As has been mentioned still a lot of cracks last night, but Stoke were there for the taking and we took them. If we manage to get ourselves into a relegation battle we can worry about game management but we need to rack up 3 pointers to even be in a fight imo - last night was a very welcome glimpse of how we might do that
Stoke Reflection on 10:17 - Nov 29 with 1638 viewspaulparker

Also a mention for Kelman who chased the Stoke player down to help us get the 4th goal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stoke Reflection on 12:00 - Nov 29 with 1437 viewsderbyhoop

Stoke Reflection on 00:25 - Nov 29 by DejR_vu

No goals in this team apparently

No goals in Ainsworth’s team, but that’s because we only ever had two shots on target, at best, per game. 19 shots tonight, 9 on target, and 4 goals. Who’d have thought putting a team out to try and score goals might result in some goals being scored? Genius.

Long way to go, that was laboured and nervy, we had the rub of the green, tried to throw it away anyway, but we’d have lost that under Ainsworth. The team Cifuentes inherited was on the floor the way it had been set up, the results, and constantly being told everyone was better than us and we were lucky to be playing in the same division as everyone else. We’ve gone from an absolute abomination to a win, two draws and a single defeat in Marti’s first four games. That’s pretty solid and given the mess he inherited shouldn’t be underestimated.

If marti repeats his success rate from his 1st 4 games, we'll finish with 48 points. Dont need to improve much more to virtually guarantee safety.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Stoke Reflection on 13:11 - Nov 29 with 1330 viewsMick_S

Stoke Reflection on 10:17 - Nov 29 by paulparker

Also a mention for Kelman who chased the Stoke player down to help us get the 4th goal

Borderline half volley header. Did well not to handle the ball.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stoke Reflection on 22:49 - Nov 29 with 960 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Stoke Reflection on 10:06 - Nov 29 by robith

As has been mentioned still a lot of cracks last night, but Stoke were there for the taking and we took them. If we manage to get ourselves into a relegation battle we can worry about game management but we need to rack up 3 pointers to even be in a fight imo - last night was a very welcome glimpse of how we might do that

That's it, it doesn't have to be beautiful, doesn't have to have everything working perfectly, but it does have to take the points. We got that and it felt we could do that, we wanted it. We are where we are and there will always be holes to pick and lots that could be better but really just getting the win, getting the points, with this style of play gives hope and I believe. This is at least enjoyable
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024