Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iconic Graffiti 18:23 - May 27 with 6180 viewsBoston

...or just stuff that stuck in your head. I've got two that always come to mind.

a/ As a youngster coming back from Millwall '73, we pulled into Wapping Station to see painted on a wall, a pair of legs (from the knees down), crossed in the manner of 'irons', jeans cut short with big DM's and the words, West Ham Welcoming Committee scrolled around 'em. Made a lasting impression on an already anxious away fan.

b/ Walking into Moss Side heading for Maine Rd, forearm with a needle sticking out of it drawn on a bridge - written over the top, Heroin, it's what your left arms for. (take on a popular beer commercial at the time).
[Post edited 27 May 23:05]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Iconic Graffiti on 18:35 - May 27 with 3210 viewsterryb

Back in the '70's (I might have the wrong decade!) at Colcheter train station - "Harwich for the Continent, Frinton for the incontinent"!

Just a slogan that has stayed with me!
Iconic Graffiti on 18:51 - May 27 with 3167 viewshantssi

North Wembley bridge, “US Hands off Vietnam”, didn’t really understand when I first saw it.
“M Khan is bent” on a bridge over the North Circ, never found out who he was!
Iconic Graffiti on 19:29 - May 27 with 3071 viewsJimmyR

Hackney Wick

I came, I saw, I tried MDMA….

My parents bought a flat
Iconic Graffiti on 19:38 - May 27 with 3035 viewstheselector

Goldhawk Road:
Opinion poll is tory voter
Iconic Graffiti on 19:42 - May 27 with 2995 viewsDWQPR

On the viaduct heading towards J17 on the M25 clockwise ‘GIVE PEAS A CHANCE’. Was there for many many years until that wànkstain Helch destroyed it. Remember at the time there was many a protest that the original graffiti had been graffitied over.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Iconic Graffiti on 19:48 - May 27 with 2969 viewsRamseyR

Why do you do this everyday

On the M40 Wycombe area...London bound
Iconic Graffiti on 20:45 - May 27 with 2873 viewsPaddyhoops

Spotted in Dublin back in the eighties.
Free Birmingham Six. Underneath was written. With every packet of Kellogg’s cornflakes.
Iconic Graffiti on 20:52 - May 27 with 2851 viewscolinallcars

In the 70s we were at home to Spurs one Saturday.. About that time there were various organisations like Rock Against Racism being formed.
I went into the bogs in the Builders in Hammersmith post-match and a Spurs fan had written Spurs Against The Nazis on the wall.
Next day I went in again and someone had written underneath Spurs 2 The Nazis 0.
Login to get fewer ads

Iconic Graffiti on 20:59 - May 27 with 2810 viewskensalriser

Dr Alimantado Best Dressed Chicken In Town opposite Westbourne Park tube. There for years. Can't find any photos online, sadly.
[Post edited 28 May 2:06]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Iconic Graffiti on 21:23 - May 27 with 2782 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Apparently in Livepool outside a church in the 60s, a big sign saying Jesus Saves, after which was written 'and St John scores from the rebound'.
Iconic Graffiti on 21:38 - May 27 with 2743 viewsCateLeBonR

There used to be writing on a wall on the approach to Hillingdon on the M40 i think. I can’t remember what it said. Also I always used to look out for the Graffiti on the eastbound central line in between East Acton and White City. On the way to the football.
Iconic Graffiti on 21:46 - May 27 with 2723 viewsdmm

On 31st October 1977, Freston Road, a squatted street of derelict houses in Notting Dale, West London, declared independence from the United Kingdom.

Iconic Graffiti on 22:55 - May 27 with 2610 viewsBoston

Iconic Graffiti on 18:51 - May 27 by hantssi

North Wembley bridge, “US Hands off Vietnam”, didn’t really understand when I first saw it.

I grew up with that US / Vietnam paint job visible from our house.

Iconic Graffiti on 23:00 - May 27 with 2589 viewscharmr

Elvis, Scotty, Bill over a bridge on field end road northoltish between the school and the pub.

Never new, now I do and get it
Iconic Graffiti on 23:04 - May 27 with 2581 viewsBoston

Iconic Graffiti on 21:23 - May 27 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Apparently in Livepool outside a church in the 60s, a big sign saying Jesus Saves, after which was written 'and St John scores from the rebound'.

Reminds me of airline poster on a wall in Liverpool, the year the Mickey Mousers got off to that awful start...

Had an image of a plane with the words 'above us only sky'

Scrawled underneath, 'below us only QPR and Reading'.

Iconic Graffiti on 23:08 - May 27 with 2554 viewscharmr

Also the classic.

‘Nicholas Parsons is the opiate of the people, on the Northwick Park Roundsbout.

Never knew for ages its origins and meaning.
Iconic Graffiti on 23:18 - May 27 with 2523 viewsqpr_1968

free namibia.....

underpass at the flyover westway/white city.
late 70's all 80's early 90's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Iconic Graffiti on 02:59 - May 28 with 2432 viewsFredManRave

Can't believe this one hasn't been posted yet;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Iconic Graffiti on 03:11 - May 28 with 2418 viewsFredManRave

This one has always tickled my fancy;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Iconic Graffiti on 05:57 - May 28 with 2337 viewsSydneyRs

Iconic Graffiti on 18:51 - May 27 by hantssi

The M Khan one was featured on The Mary Whitehouse Experience several times, including in those stupid professor name calling sketches "see that M Khan, that's you that is".
[Post edited 28 May 9:10]
Iconic Graffiti on 07:28 - May 28 with 2276 viewsDorse

Seen written in small letters on the recently-painted white wall of a working men's club near Mattersey: 'I need a damn shag, now'.

How desperate do you have to be to advertise your sexual availability in a grammatically correct format on the wall of a small WMC? More to the point, was this an offer, a plea for help or simply a statement of fact? In which case were there other examples of the oeuvre stating the desire for toast or the need for a dump scattered around the town? Nearly 30 yrs later and this graffiti still boggles my mind. I mean, did they ever get the shag? And was it down to the graffiti?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Iconic Graffiti on 07:46 - May 28 with 2240 viewsRed_Ranger

Iconic Graffiti on 21:46 - May 27 by dmm

On 31st October 1977, Freston Road, a squatted street of derelict houses in Notting Dale, West London, declared independence from the United Kingdom.

Speed Kills!
Iconic Graffiti on 08:14 - May 28 with 2186 viewsKeithW

In a pub toilet opposite Baker Street station in 1996 ish I saw "Glasgow Rangers on tour- Gonna be 10 in a row".

Underneath was written "Better sticking to 4-4-2"
Iconic Graffiti on 08:29 - May 28 with 2155 viewsLanhoop

I worked here just after this was painted.

He sure got that prediction right.
Iconic Graffiti on 09:10 - May 28 with 2074 viewsSydneyRs

Iconic Graffiti on 08:14 - May 28 by KeithW

In a pub toilet opposite Baker Street station in 1996 ish I saw "Glasgow Rangers on tour- Gonna be 10 in a row".

Underneath was written "Better sticking to 4-4-2"

In the Royal Oak in Harrow back in the day there was a tit for tat Rangers v Celtic graffiti thing going on in the toilets. Started off with "Glasgow Rangers, the team" to which someone added "of c**ts" and on it went from there. Was quite amusing.

Also seen in a pub, "if you can p1ss this high you should be in the fire brigade".
[Post edited 28 May 9:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024