Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft 18:52 - Sep 24 with 2419 viewsNorthantsHoop

Sent an email to Support Services saying that the speakers in JU of the Upper Loft are unbearably loud, especially on Saturday against Millwall. They have responded to say it will be looked into.
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:21 - Sep 24 with 1980 viewscolinallcars

They are also murder in SA Rd upstairs.
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:39 - Sep 24 with 1934 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given there's a thread about someone's speakers not working, the timing of one complaining about speakers working too well is comedic irony other sites can't compare with.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:40 - Sep 24 with 1923 viewsSonofpugwash

Bet it wasn't as loud as Stevie Ray Vaughan 1982 at The Hammersmith Odeon.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:50 - Sep 24 with 1903 viewsNewYorkRanger

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:40 - Sep 24 by Sonofpugwash

Bet it wasn't as loud as Stevie Ray Vaughan 1982 at The Hammersmith Odeon.

Motorhead at the very same venue, also 1982, was undoubtedly a lot louder than the speakers in the upper loft I'd wager.

Took me a while to recover from that one - and undoubtedly set me on the path to my ever present tinnitus

Glory hunter, me

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 21:01 - Sep 24 with 1854 viewsSonofpugwash

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:50 - Sep 24 by NewYorkRanger

Motorhead at the very same venue, also 1982, was undoubtedly a lot louder than the speakers in the upper loft I'd wager.

Took me a while to recover from that one - and undoubtedly set me on the path to my ever present tinnitus

There's something so fundamental in dozens of Decibels where you feel the stuff as well as hearng it,
But not when it's' playing Taylor fecking Swift obviously.

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 21:03 - Sep 24 with 1854 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 21:01 - Sep 24 by Sonofpugwash

There's something so fundamental in dozens of Decibels where you feel the stuff as well as hearng it,

Hey, leave Tay Tay out of this!
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 21:15 - Sep 24 with 1811 viewsLblock

What?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 21:29 - Sep 24 with 1792 viewseasthertsr

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:50 - Sep 24 by NewYorkRanger

I'll give you Motorhead and raise you Deep Purple at the Rainbow Finsbury Park 72/73.It was so loud I felt physically sick and couldn't hear properly for over a week!
Login to get fewer ads

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 22:26 - Sep 24 with 1669 viewscolinallcars

Ah, Taylor Swift….a bit intense for me
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 23:04 - Sep 24 with 1608 views100percent

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 21:29 - Sep 24 by easthertsr

I'll give you Motorhead and raise you Deep Purple at the Rainbow Finsbury Park 72/73.It was so loud I felt physically sick and couldn't hear properly for over a week!

Hold your Deep Purple and I will place the whole pot on Swans at the Forum.
Loud to the extent of unpleasant. Special mention also goes to My Bloody Valentine, same venue.
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 01:57 - Sep 25 with 1521 viewsBoston

Don't know if it has been surpassed but...loudest gig in the UK was Motörhead at Port Vale, and yes I was there. Unusually for me, as I don't really like big events, this was a great day out, probably due to the chemistry of the lads I went with. Far to much alcohol.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 08:19 - Sep 25 with 1292 viewsenfieldargh

Slade early 70’s at Wembley Empire Pool I was sat around 20 foot from a bank of speakers left side of stage and my ears still ring to this day. Learnt to live with it

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 08:46 - Sep 25 with 1255 viewsE17hoop

Motorhead Christmas 1988. Ears were ringing for a week afterwards.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 08:56 - Sep 25 with 1244 viewsMaggsinho

Move to LU, we can barely hear it there.

As for loud gigs I struggle to believe anything beats My Bloody Valentine at the Roundhouse in 2008ish.
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 09:15 - Sep 25 with 1185 viewsNewYorkRanger

Absolutely. On that occasion you couldn't so much hear the music as feel it. We only knew they had started playing Bomber when a massive plane was lowered down from the top of the stage!

Glory hunter, me

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 09:33 - Sep 25 with 1129 viewsTheChef

Think you need to turn your hearing aid down.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 09:39 - Sep 25 with 1127 viewsBluce_Ree

It's the modern day curse. Why does everything have to be SO FKING LOUD?!

I've got tinnitus thanks to Nov 5th 2003. Went to a fireworks display and went to see the shitty third Matrix film. Next day ears were ringing like I'd been at a gig and they've not stopped since.

So I'm very careful with my ears now. I wear earplugs to QPR, the cinema, all gigs (inc. comedy gigs) and I keep them on a keyring because you never know when a place is going to be obscenely loud.

Especially bars. Fking hell. It's a bar. People want to drink and chat. I don't need piss poor house music blasted at me like it's Notting Hill Carnival or some shit.

I went to that Box Park place in Croydon last month. There with my mate and my godson. 12 noon. Having a nice bite and then A FKING DJ comes onto a small stage and blasts us the fk out of there. C0cksucker.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 09:51 - Sep 25 with 1095 viewshubble

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 20:39 - Sep 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Given there's a thread about someone's speakers not working, the timing of one complaining about speakers working too well is comedic irony other sites can't compare with.

They're not working well. Not only were the music and announcements too loud (for my sensitive ears) in Ellerslie last week, the sound was horribly distorted as well, as if the speakers were blown and the volume was turned to max.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 10:00 - Sep 25 with 1071 viewsdutch

You can all back down. Officially the loudest and I was there.

On May 31, 1976, 75,000 people packed into Charlton Athletic's football ground in London to see a line-up that included Lowell George and Little Feat. The headliners were The Who and, on a rainy night, their performance was measured at 126 decibels – and that from a distance of 100 feet from the speakers.
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 10:30 - Sep 25 with 1008 viewsTheChef

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 09:51 - Sep 25 by hubble

They're not working well. Not only were the music and announcements too loud (for my sensitive ears) in Ellerslie last week, the sound was horribly distorted as well, as if the speakers were blown and the volume was turned to max.

System has been QPR'd.

So we've gone from it being too quiet to it being too loud??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 11:07 - Sep 25 with 934 viewsSonofpugwash

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 10:00 - Sep 25 by dutch

You can all back down. Officially the loudest and I was there.

On May 31, 1976, 75,000 people packed into Charlton Athletic's football ground in London to see a line-up that included Lowell George and Little Feat. The headliners were The Who and, on a rainy night, their performance was measured at 126 decibels – and that from a distance of 100 feet from the speakers.

I remember that one.We could hear it clearly from our garden in my old gaff in Orpington.

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 14:13 - Sep 25 with 787 viewsStanisgod

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 21:29 - Sep 24 by easthertsr

Quo at the Kursaal 1972 just as Piledriver hit.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 15:09 - Sep 25 with 709 viewsBoston

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 01:57 - Sep 25 by Boston

Don't know if it has been surpassed but...loudest gig in the UK was Motörhead at Port Vale, and yes I was there. Unusually for me, as I don't really like big events, this was a great day out, probably due to the chemistry of the lads I went with. Far to much alcohol.

Just remembered - no bars, no alcohol allowed in at that Port Vale gig. I was in the company of committed drinkers and we'd mapped out a plan in advance to get booze into the ground.
1/ Early 'supping' in local pub,
2/ Get pally with bar staff.
3/ Buy shit loads of gallon drinks from supermarket.
4/ Pour away disgusting sugar ridden contents.
5/ Have bar staff wash out containers
6/ Fill from beer taps
7/ Send some of the lads into the stadium
8/ Throw containers over fence, where said lads caught them
9/ Rest of us enter ground
10/ Consume until profusely sick.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 16:58 - Sep 25 with 619 viewsThird_Division_South

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 14:13 - Sep 25 by Stanisgod

Quo at the Kursaal 1972 just as Piledriver hit.

Yep there for that. Also, remember Hawkwind at the Kursaal around this time was v load went outside for a while and listened sitting on the beach wall. Also, needed a break from the amount of ‘substance’ being smoked.
Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 19:02 - Sep 25 with 518 viewsenfieldargh

Deafened by Speakers in Upper Loft on 16:58 - Sep 25 by Third_Division_South

Yep there for that. Also, remember Hawkwind at the Kursaal around this time was v load went outside for a while and listened sitting on the beach wall. Also, needed a break from the amount of ‘substance’ being smoked.

https://www.southendpunk.com/html/kursaalb.html

Look at those Bills, awesome lineup.

The Pink Faries shockingly wonderful

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024