Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. 10:19 - Jan 10 with 7499 viewsHAYESBOY

My mate who is also a ST holder and sits with me was at Windsor leisure centre with his kids yesterday and bumped into Clint Hill.

No big in the know news, but he did ask him if he was off to join Mr Warnock and he stated he didnt know.
My mate also told him he was right to bring up the fact that we have players who just turn up to collect their wages. Clint replied its only a couple.

My mate said he was a really nice bloke and it was good to shake his hand and tell him he is appreciated by the fans.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 10:24 - Jan 10 with 5479 viewssmegma

He knows hes appreciated.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 10:56 - Jan 10 with 5276 viewsWokingR

He only shook his hand?!
I would have thought he deserved at least a hand job
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:14 - Jan 10 with 5190 viewsHAYESBOY

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 10:56 - Jan 10 by WokingR

He only shook his hand?!
I would have thought he deserved at least a hand job

They were at the side of the swimming pool in their speedo's, not sure but a restraining order could be the outcome.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:15 - Jan 10 with 5171 viewssimmo

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:14 - Jan 10 by HAYESBOY

They were at the side of the swimming pool in their speedo's, not sure but a restraining order could be the outcome.

Id have at least offered to give him a rusty trombone or something. The man is a hero.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:27 - Jan 10 with 5087 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

He doesn't know. I don't like the sound of that. Clint is a hero imo and all over r'sss I know. He has been a man mountain along with nelson mandella.

I hope he doesn't go not til the end of the season anyway.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:29 - Jan 10 with 5075 viewswestberksr

my mates one of the managers there and mentioned Clint is a regular; I said to pass on our appreciation and then he offered me his address to which I said to thank him, not farkin stalk him!!

He also is involved with another mates kids team as part of doing his badges and he said that he's a top bloke; needless to say I wasn't surprised.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:38 - Jan 10 with 5020 viewswittle

i think all the hero stuff about clint is a bit much,he is a footballer that has his limitations but always tries his best,unlike a few others.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:42 - Jan 10 with 4989 viewspomanjou

He answered just the way it is. He doesnt know if he's going to be playing in the championship with Leeds (we are in a transfer window and dont know who is coming/going) and it probably is only a couple who just turn up to collect wages.

Not being sure of his status is not neccessarily a bad thing as it keeps him on his toes.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:50 - Jan 10 with 4934 viewsJonDoeman

A fine man. But the fact that he's a mainstay in our defence, in our 2nd season in the Prem, shows how bad the transfer dealings have been.
WTF happened to 'Build from the back'? Page one on the managers manual.

It Is What It Is !!

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:27 - Jan 10 with 4770 viewsQPRBrian

The simple thing about Hill that makes him so appealing to the normal bloke in the street is that he himself is a normal bloke. I've never met him but from watching how he conducts himself on and off the pitch he is someone I can relate to and as supporters that's what we want as much as anything else, it's something for us to cling to amongst all the BS and EPL hyperbole nonsense.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:36 - Jan 10 with 4701 viewsHollowayRanger

lets be honest for a sec

massive IF but if QPR spent £10 million bringing in samba from the cold or some other top quality defender dawson distin ect

who would he play alongside hill or nelsen = Nelsen

that would leave hill missing out and i dont think he's the type who cant just sit there picking up his wages for doing nowt (unlike some) so he would most likely jump at the chance of first team football at leeds

however with nelsen now looking to jump ship as well thats all changed

HILL MUST STAY WE NEED HIM!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:39 - Jan 10 with 4689 viewsJuzzie

If a new signing(s) was to be paired wil Nelsen, we must keep Hill as cover for injury/suspensions etc.

We've been woefully short in defence all season. Need as many as we can.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 4676 viewsNorthernr

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 11:38 - Jan 10 by wittle

i think all the hero stuff about clint is a bit much,he is a footballer that has his limitations but always tries his best,unlike a few others.

Two and a half years ago we said we were buying him for one season in the Championship. Halfway through that season Warnock said his ankle sounded like a cement mixer and he wasn't even sure he'd make the end of that season.

Here we are two managers and two seasons later and he's still playing every week, in a higher division, against the best strikers in the world. I doubt that ankle has magically healed so I bet he's in a degree of pain after each game.

He has been rejected several times by the club. Warnock even loaned him out. He's listened to Mark Hughes talking about how we've moved on from players like him and seen arseholes like Bosingwa, Ferdinand etc come in and replace him and he's never said a word of complaint. Never said anything about being sent to Forest then recalled, never asked for a move, never complained once. And every time the club has done this to him they've ended up going back and selecting him again a few weeks later and he's come back and played well. Even on this thread people are saying "well, when we buy x y and z it will be Hill they replace." Yeh, and then no doubt four months later they'll be injured, playing badly, behaving badly, moaning etc and we'll go crawling back to Hill once again, and he'll say nothing, he'll just come back into the team and do his job as best he can again.

He gets done - Torres in the 6-1 last season, Suarez last week - but that's to be expected. This is an old left back we got for free from Crystal Palace nearly three years ago to tide us over for 12 months now playing centre half in the Premier League.

Throw in the way he speaks, the way he leads the team, his attitude, effort levels etc. The way he's worked his way up to the top division when looking at him at Tranmere Rovers 15 years ago you'd have never thought it possible.

I'm sorry you feel differently, but he's definitely a fcking hero to me in football terms. I love the guy - and I bloody hated him when we signed him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:51 - Jan 10 with 4607 viewswittle

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:41 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Two and a half years ago we said we were buying him for one season in the Championship. Halfway through that season Warnock said his ankle sounded like a cement mixer and he wasn't even sure he'd make the end of that season.

Here we are two managers and two seasons later and he's still playing every week, in a higher division, against the best strikers in the world. I doubt that ankle has magically healed so I bet he's in a degree of pain after each game.

He has been rejected several times by the club. Warnock even loaned him out. He's listened to Mark Hughes talking about how we've moved on from players like him and seen arseholes like Bosingwa, Ferdinand etc come in and replace him and he's never said a word of complaint. Never said anything about being sent to Forest then recalled, never asked for a move, never complained once. And every time the club has done this to him they've ended up going back and selecting him again a few weeks later and he's come back and played well. Even on this thread people are saying "well, when we buy x y and z it will be Hill they replace." Yeh, and then no doubt four months later they'll be injured, playing badly, behaving badly, moaning etc and we'll go crawling back to Hill once again, and he'll say nothing, he'll just come back into the team and do his job as best he can again.

He gets done - Torres in the 6-1 last season, Suarez last week - but that's to be expected. This is an old left back we got for free from Crystal Palace nearly three years ago to tide us over for 12 months now playing centre half in the Premier League.

Throw in the way he speaks, the way he leads the team, his attitude, effort levels etc. The way he's worked his way up to the top division when looking at him at Tranmere Rovers 15 years ago you'd have never thought it possible.

I'm sorry you feel differently, but he's definitely a fcking hero to me in football terms. I love the guy - and I bloody hated him when we signed him.

not knocking the guy but if hughes had done his job properly in the summer we wouldnt be talking about clint hill.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:54 - Jan 10 with 4557 viewsTacticalR

The only time he really complained (if complaint it was) was when he said he was too slow to play left back after WBA away. Things must have been pretty wrong in the club if he had to go to the papers to do that. I can only assume Hughes didn't listen to the players.

As you say, Clint Hill has been murdered a few times by forwards like Suárez, but even then there were extenuating circumstances (no protection in front of Hill).

Air hostess clique

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:55 - Jan 10 with 4548 viewsdaveB

Well with Nelson about to go and no sign of a new centre half we'll be needing Hill for the rest of the season and probably next year as well
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:58 - Jan 10 with 4520 viewsTacticalR

Is he an old hungry player?

Air hostess clique

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:00 - Jan 10 with 4502 viewsbosh67

Totally agree Clive. He couldn't be doing any more wearing the shirt. He's a wonderful example. Look at Derry, another player brought in as a sort of stop gap and his attitude and performances have been excellent, given his age. Look at Mackie, where he's come from and the shifts he puts in every week, even against Liverpool at 3 down he's chasing everything down virtually on his own.

For me it's about attitude over ability because attitude can stifle others and sheer will and bloody mindedness can often win out. My problem is looking who we are after, Olssen and alike, they are all good players on high wages and playing for better teams. Do we need that, again and again?

In the pre-season we saw players like (and I know I always go on about him) Ephraim, Doughty, Ehmer and even youth players like Sutherland and Andrade playing their socks off in games - but never getting game time.

Yes, this is the world's 'top' league but we never promote our youth players and give them a chance, because they would at least play with heart and as a unit. We don't look, like Norwich, at hungry younger players who really want a go at this level.

We are in France, Portugal, Mars, looking at players there for £6m when Charlie Austin can't stop scoring one level down and could be got for about £3m-£4m, top whack. Give him £35K a week and you're probably doubling his current wage.

We are not looking at enough younger Brit players. Yes we need experience to get out of this but more importantly we need to be building a team for this level or one that can atlas bond for the rest of this one and come out fighting and united at whatever level we are playing next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:03 - Jan 10 with 4481 viewsGaztastic

Shame we've never managed to work up a song/chant for him...... what with all the rhyming potential of 'Clint' and 'Hill' too..... What about simply 'Torres is scared of you', 'Torres is scared of you'...?
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:07 - Jan 10 with 4459 viewsrobith

I was going to make a joke about having lost all respect of him after seeing him with that Louis Vuitton wash bag in The Four Year Plan, but Clive's post sums up entirely how I feel about him.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:08 - Jan 10 with 4450 viewsNorthernr

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:03 - Jan 10 by Gaztastic

Shame we've never managed to work up a song/chant for him...... what with all the rhyming potential of 'Clint' and 'Hill' too..... What about simply 'Torres is scared of you', 'Torres is scared of you'...?

Ellerslie Road stand sings 'we all like watching Clint Hill' instead of 'it's just like watching Brazil' which he seems to appreciate.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:10 - Jan 10 with 4435 viewsAntti_Heinola

Utterly bizarre.
I read this and then from seemingly nowhere a burst of extremely loud applause erupted when I got to the end. Weird.

Agree 100%. :)

Bare bones.

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 4395 viewssmegma

"Halfway through that season Warnock said his ankle sounded like a cement mixer and he wasn't even sure he'd make the end of that season"

Ditto Nelsen, who has played through the pain barrier all season. The fact they are our two best defenders is a damning indictment of the transfer policy of MH. They are going to be missed when they call it a day so treasure every game as if its their last.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 4395 viewsreal_loftus

^ THIS ^

Close the thread, and someone give wittle a slap for being so stupid on the way out.

ATAF

ATAF.

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:18 - Jan 10 with 4372 viewsdaveB

Do you really think we could get Charlie Austin for 3-4million? I'd imagine he will cost more than that. Rodrigez was 6million in the summer and he is pony
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024