Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace coming back for AJ 20:35 - Sep 11 with 4729 viewsQPRDave

Not helpful imo Parish coming out in the press saying he thinks AJ is gutted not to be a Palace player.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8916642?
Palace coming back for AJ on 20:37 - Sep 11 with 4711 viewsRANGERS4EVER

This guy seems like a right knob

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Palace coming back for AJ on 20:40 - Sep 11 with 4694 viewsQPRDave

Palace coming back for AJ on 20:37 - Sep 11 by RANGERS4EVER

This guy seems like a right knob

yeah Palace through and through
Palace coming back for AJ on 20:47 - Sep 11 with 4663 viewsTacticalR

About two-thirds of the way through Simon Jordan's book. He lurves AJ as a player who works hard and doesn't 'take liberties' (according to Jordan).

Air hostess clique

Palace coming back for AJ on 20:50 - Sep 11 with 4652 viewsdaveB

an absolute joke they have had to leave several new signings out of the squad and they still want more players. This is blatant tapping up and trying unsettle Johnson, doubt we'll do anything about it as Redknapp does this all the time
Palace coming back for AJ on 21:11 - Sep 11 with 4595 viewsderbyhoop

AJ's contract expires at the end of the season. Palace were prepared to offer him a 3 year deal. I think we were morally right to let him explore his options but was also very pleased when no deal went through.
If, and it's a big if, AJ stays fit, continues to score and we look to have a decent chance of going up, we have to look at an extended contract ..... before January, perhaps. However, that does not mean paying silly money or matching the Palace offer. If he chooses to go there, we'd be wrong to stand in his way. But we also need to cover ourselves by having a replacement lined up.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Palace coming back for AJ on 21:44 - Sep 11 with 4491 viewsFredManRave

Palace coming back for AJ on 20:50 - Sep 11 by daveB

an absolute joke they have had to leave several new signings out of the squad and they still want more players. This is blatant tapping up and trying unsettle Johnson, doubt we'll do anything about it as Redknapp does this all the time

It's so blatant it's ridiculous. The guy's got more front than Brighton. The insinuation that AJ is gutted the move didn't go ahead is outrageous.

Keep your counsel Parish!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Palace coming back for AJ on 22:04 - Sep 11 with 4425 viewscollegeranger

"we'll keep in touch" - thats tapping up unless he comes thru the club. By January Palarse by rights will have one foot in the Championship and we will have one foot back in the Prem. Let's see if AJ is tempted then!!
Palace coming back for AJ on 22:08 - Sep 11 with 4408 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Palace coming back for AJ on 22:04 - Sep 11 by collegeranger

"we'll keep in touch" - thats tapping up unless he comes thru the club. By January Palarse by rights will have one foot in the Championship and we will have one foot back in the Prem. Let's see if AJ is tempted then!!

Agreed! at least with us he has a fighting chance of premier league football next season!!
Login to get fewer ads

Palace coming back for AJ on 22:25 - Sep 11 with 4357 viewsTacticalR

It's hard to know if this is for real. Who would offer a three-year contract to a 32-year old striker who has been injured for a whole year?

Air hostess clique

Palace coming back for AJ on 23:02 - Sep 11 with 4265 viewsbosh67

Palace coming back for AJ on 22:25 - Sep 11 by TacticalR

It's hard to know if this is for real. Who would offer a three-year contract to a 32-year old striker who has been injured for a whole year?

I agree with this. Unsettling tactic.

Bottom line is AJ said he's happy to stay and wants to help us back to the Prem. End of story really. Obviously if we sign someone like Jordan Rhodes in Jan then we'll drive AJ to Palace.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Palace coming back for AJ on 08:36 - Sep 12 with 4006 viewsWeaverQPR

Ollie could well be gone by Jan, AJ will most probably be injured.

@WeavQPR

Palace coming back for AJ on 08:51 - Sep 12 with 3981 viewsjonno

Palace coming back for AJ on 22:04 - Sep 11 by collegeranger

If Palace offer him a three year deal then he will almost certainly take it irrespective of what division they are in - we aren't likely to offer him anything as good.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:52 - Sep 12 with 3976 viewsLoft1979

Palace coming back for AJ on 21:11 - Sep 11 by derbyhoop

AJ's contract expires at the end of the season. Palace were prepared to offer him a 3 year deal. I think we were morally right to let him explore his options but was also very pleased when no deal went through.
If, and it's a big if, AJ stays fit, continues to score and we look to have a decent chance of going up, we have to look at an extended contract ..... before January, perhaps. However, that does not mean paying silly money or matching the Palace offer. If he chooses to go there, we'd be wrong to stand in his way. But we also need to cover ourselves by having a replacement lined up.

Palace coming back for AJ on 09:04 - Sep 12 with 3950 viewsPommyhoop

Palace coming back for AJ on 08:51 - Sep 12 by jonno

If Palace offer him a three year deal then he will almost certainly take it irrespective of what division they are in - we aren't likely to offer him anything as good.

This ;;;;;;but as already mentioned any club who offers AJ a 3 year deal with his injuey record and age is definately doing a QPR

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Palace coming back for AJ on 10:33 - Sep 12 with 3857 viewsTacticalR

A bit more on AJ from Simon Jordan's book...

AJ was sold at the end of 2005-06, after Palace had failed to bounce back to the Premiership the first season:

'In between all the controversy of a manager leaving and writs flying about and a new manager coming in it was with immense regret that I had to make good on my promise to sell Andrew Johnson if we failed to win promotion. We had a number of interested parties with three firm bidders: Everton, Bolton and Wigan. Andrew wanted to go to Everton and after pushing Bill Kenwright the Everton chairman to breaking point — as he put it — I agreed to let my favourite player, my surrogate footballing son, go for £8.6 million. I could have got over £9 million from Wigan but I stayed true to my word, very rare in football, and let him choose his club.

Ironically Everton had bid £7 million for him when we got relegated from the Premier League and he had finished as the highest English goal scorer; now they paid £1.6 million more after a season in the Championship where he had picked up a serious injury and had his worst year as far as goals were concerned. The business of football decision-making defies logic but if a football manager wants a player, who cares? It’s not his money he’s spending.'
[Post edited 12 Sep 2013 10:35]

Air hostess clique

Palace coming back for AJ on 10:56 - Sep 12 with 3802 viewsAntti_Heinola

Every player ever signed has been 'tapped up', pretty much. No point getting too upset about it. Anyone think Odemwingie wasn't 'tapped up'?

Bare bones.

Palace coming back for AJ on 11:05 - Sep 12 with 3774 viewsTacticalR

Palace coming back for AJ on 10:56 - Sep 12 by Antti_Heinola

Every player ever signed has been 'tapped up', pretty much. No point getting too upset about it. Anyone think Odemwingie wasn't 'tapped up'?

Tapped on the head

Air hostess clique

Palace coming back for AJ on 11:30 - Sep 12 with 3728 viewsJuzzie

Paish said he 'thinks' AJ was gutted. That's not the same as AJ being gutted. Ignore Parish and let's move on.
Palace coming back for AJ on 12:30 - Sep 12 with 3654 viewsjonno

Palace coming back for AJ on 11:30 - Sep 12 by Juzzie

Paish said he 'thinks' AJ was gutted. That's not the same as AJ being gutted. Ignore Parish and let's move on.

The player may well have been gutted - he was being offered three more years on very good money where as he only has less than a year left with us. Why wouldn't he have been? Doesn't mean he's not going to put the effort in for us now - if anything he needs to maintain his form as he will be looking for a new deal from somewhere, whether it's us (unlikely I think) or somewhere else.
Palace coming back for AJ on 13:47 - Sep 12 with 3563 viewsQPRDave

The thing is AJ and QPR made a point of saying after this fell through that he was happy to stay with us. This was to appease us and not get on his back for trying to leave us, so Parish should stfu and stop stirring the s**t at our club imo
Palace coming back for AJ on 14:46 - Sep 12 with 3503 viewsDWQPR

And one of them a young French left back, Magnane I think his name is has slagged the club off big time and ironically the lad they brought from Huddersfield, that took his place in the 25 has now broken his ankle and is out for a minimum of 4 months. Olly was always at his best with no money to spend, such as Plymouth and Blackpool and us. At Leicester he cam unstuck and I suspect he will again at Palarse.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Palace coming back for AJ on 18:59 - Sep 12 with 3388 viewscowleyhoop

Palace coming back for AJ on 11:05 - Sep 12 by TacticalR

Tapped on the head

Or dropped
Palace coming back for AJ on 20:26 - Sep 12 with 3344 viewsRed_Ranger

Every time i see Andy Johnson I still find it hard not to forget his face when we were thumped by Foolham at Craven Cottage
Palace coming back for AJ on 09:21 - Sep 13 with 3240 viewsSpiritofGregory

Palace coming back for AJ on 21:11 - Sep 11 by derbyhoop

If we go up we should dump AJ. We all know that he won't stay fit and we should be looking for better strikers for the Premier League. Never know we might still have Remy.

We need to be ruthless. We kept hold of him because it suited us to do so, no doubt we were looking to replace him with someone and that did not go through. All this moral stuff about letting him speak to Palace..... I don't believe it for a second. Whatever happened, we made the decision which suited us at the time and that fills me with optimism for the future.

AJ wanted to go to Palace because it would have been one last season in the Premier League for him, he stays in London and gets a nice 3 year contract - bottomline. That guy from Palace is just trying to save face.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024