Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official January Transfer Window Thread 00:29 - Dec 29 with 133952 viewsaspas45

Let it begin:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10540359/P

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:07 - Jan 16 with 4140 viewsperchrockjack

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:48 - Jan 16 by TheClash

From someone I know they are working very hard to find players and up till a week ago they thought they had one already, who ever that was I have no idea

Relieving to know that and hope they keep working ""hard"

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:31 - Jan 16 with 4123 viewsjack_the_lad

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:48 - Jan 16 by TheClash

From someone I know they are working very hard to find players and up till a week ago they thought they had one already, who ever that was I have no idea

Probably Tom Ince, but I guess his dad has decided to put him up for "auction" to the highest bidder, I don't hold out much hope on that one as Huw will not want to be "held to ransom".
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:35 - Jan 16 with 4053 viewsperchrockjack

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:31 - Jan 16 by jack_the_lad

Probably Tom Ince, but I guess his dad has decided to put him up for "auction" to the highest bidder, I don't hold out much hope on that one as Huw will not want to be "held to ransom".

l d like Ince but if this is his ol fella feckn us around then bin the bid and get another player in of quality

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:43 - Jan 16 with 4076 viewsmagicdaps10

Ince wants a massive signing on fee.

By all accounts a fee is agreed and wages etc but he wants the big signing on fee........................by all accounts a seven figure fee.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 16:56 - Jan 16 with 3909 viewsTheClash

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:43 - Jan 16 by magicdaps10

Ince wants a massive signing on fee.

By all accounts a fee is agreed and wages etc but he wants the big signing on fee........................by all accounts a seven figure fee.

Makes sense but if he goes to Monoco and there is a very big chance he will fail he didn't want to go to a strange place in the summer 40 miles up the road.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 17:14 - Jan 16 with 3816 viewsDr_Winston

Let's hope the club don't use the lessening of the injury problems as an excuse not to fill the gaps in the squad that exist even when everyone's fit.

I'm not entirely sure that Huw is enthusiastic about backing a manager who will probably be off come the summer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 17:20 - Jan 16 with 3807 viewsIAN05

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 17:14 - Jan 16 by Dr_Winston

Let's hope the club don't use the lessening of the injury problems as an excuse not to fill the gaps in the squad that exist even when everyone's fit.

I'm not entirely sure that Huw is enthusiastic about backing a manager who will probably be off come the summer.

Doesn't Huw pick the players anyway 😉
January Transfer Official Thread on 17:25 - Jan 16 with 3787 viewsjohnlangy

January Transfer Official Thread on 13:04 - Jan 16 by perchrockjack

People are saying that given time he will come good. Im not sure I understand that.
Basically a coward in a shirt that we are employing but some don't mind.

Contrast with those of our squad who do get stuck in. He s not fit to wipe the crap from their boots

Very constructive criticism that i'm sure would give him a boost if he read it.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Official Thread on 17:41 - Jan 16 with 3747 viewsDr_Winston

January Transfer Official Thread on 17:25 - Jan 16 by johnlangy

Very constructive criticism that i'm sure would give him a boost if he read it.

I love how "getting stuck in" is still seen as an attribute by some. It's an easy way to identify the clueless.

Vasquez has been a disappointment because he's not very good, not because of any perceived cowardly traits detected by one of our resident moaners.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

January Transfer Official Thread on 18:02 - Jan 16 with 3701 viewsswancity

January Transfer Official Thread on 17:41 - Jan 16 by Dr_Winston

I love how "getting stuck in" is still seen as an attribute by some. It's an easy way to identify the clueless.

Vasquez has been a disappointment because he's not very good, not because of any perceived cowardly traits detected by one of our resident moaners.

We havent seen anything like the best of Vasquez yet jobs. He looks sharp in training by all accounts and in patches has shown glimpses of what he can do. His confidence in front of goal is shot to pieces though at the moment. Which is a pity as he is getting paid to score goals.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:45 - Jan 16 with 3582 viewsRough_Edges

Okay, howdy folks, I've been a seriously long reader on her but finally worked up the courage to sign up and post my thoughts.

I understand we have quite a few (understatement) out with injury at the moment, and hopefully they start coming back over the next few weeks/months. But make no mistake we desperately need to make some signings.

I no I'll the whole doom and gloom speech, but the fact is we are 4 points off the bottom of the table.

The fact we've been so quiet while Hull have signed Jelavic/Long and Fulham are trying to get Morrison frustrates me. Not to mention hearing Cardiff on the radio every day and nothing about us. We could've done a lot worse than chasing Long or Jelavic, both proven goal scorers.

I think we need to sign in the following positions;

GK: I love Tremmell and he's been a good servant. I feel that he is no longer up for it tho. Time for a new back up.

CB: Ash hasn't had his best season, but still solid. Amat is developing, keep. Chico has been a liability this season and I've never been a fan. Decent depth option, nothing else.

Winger: Dyer, Lamah both out and question marks over Lamah's quality. I think a quality
creative winger is required.

Centre Attacking Midfielder: I think we look a little weak through here at times. Especially when JDG is out injured as he currently as, I also get the feeling he'll be moving on next season.

Striker: I loved the Bony signing at the time, and I know we need to give him time, and we aren't playing the best creative football at the moment, but he just isn't scoring enough in the league. With Michu injured, out of form and Vasquez being a spud - we really need another striker.

Possible, (slightly) realistic options:

This was hard however;

GK: ????
CB: Lescott (loan, probable wage constraints)
Kurt zouma (loan, once sold to Chelsea, loaned on)
Wingers: Tom Ince (4m, seemingly unlikely now with Monaco),
Anthony Pillkingtin (1.2m)
AM: Abdisalam Ibrahim (250k),
R.Morrison (8M)
Adam King (200k)
Strikers: Ayoze Perez (2M),
Iago Aspas (loan)
Gomis (7M)

Along with the above, word is the
Black Cats are going to only offer 4M for Ki despite him improving ten fold the season. I'd be pressing for 7-8M for sure.

Wouldn't mind a big fish. Just don't think put squad if deep enough.

Need more goals, a lot more goals
January Transfer Official Thread on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 3562 viewsshingle

January Transfer Official Thread on 18:02 - Jan 16 by swancity

We havent seen anything like the best of Vasquez yet jobs. He looks sharp in training by all accounts and in patches has shown glimpses of what he can do. His confidence in front of goal is shot to pieces though at the moment. Which is a pity as he is getting paid to score goals.

Hmmm before he joined us he scored 4 goals in 30 games for Getafe, i can not wait until he`s back to his best, if he play`s in all our remaining fixtures he should get at least two goals, this is going by his strike rate when is confidence was not shot to pieces with Getafe.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:55 - Jan 16 with 3543 viewsRough_Edges

Confirmed on the mail today that Ince meeting with Monaco today.

Sounds like he'll
End up there anyway.

That's a bugger. Sinclair May not have been the most skillful players, but he created and scored and Creeated. Ince would've offered more IMO.

FFS we better sign a few players. We aren't Manchester City FFS
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:22 - Jan 16 with 3468 viewsRough_Edges

Also forgot that we could possibly sign Liam
Moore from Leicester who've we've been inked with.

That would be a good signing.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:51 - Jan 16 with 3395 viewsCEZ

After watching a video of Ayoze Perez, I think he could be worth a punt on a small fee. One for the future maybe, but looks a real goal scorer, all types of goals too, some good finishes there.

Probably not the answer, but could be a good addition, plus a decent loan striker and a winger and we are sorted.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 20:41 - Jan 16 with 3257 viewsploppy

Lescott is shite. His distribution is shocking, treats the ball like a hot potato. Just saying.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 20:44 - Jan 16 with 3241 viewsRough_Edges

I agree Lescott is no
World beater, but personally I'd take him
Times before I took Chico once.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 20:50 - Jan 16 with 3234 viewsinspector

plus he's on £90k a week.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 20:56 - Jan 16 with 3210 viewsRough_Edges

Yeh, that's why we wouldn't get him.

I was just putting some names out there. Don't think
We are going to sign them all :)

I'd like the Leicester boy personally.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 21:47 - Jan 16 with 3104 viewsaspas45

Who thinks we will sign nobody apart from King perhaps

We seem to have been pussy footing around with Ince.Hope it's not dead.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 01:03 - Jan 17 with 2887 viewsRough_Edges

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 21:47 - Jan 16 by aspas45

I'd be extremely disappointed if that was the case.

As I've said, I think it's obvious this squad is crying out for some additions.

To be over halfway through the month with nothing but a half hearted attempt at Ince before letting him waltz over to France is frustrating me.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:20 - Jan 17 with 2736 viewstomdickharry

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 21:47 - Jan 16 by aspas45

It was never alive.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 2622 viewsRancid

Another keeper from Utrecht?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/360876/Newcastle-United-and-Swansea-fa
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 2647 viewsexiledinenglandjack

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 09:29 - Jan 17 by Rancid

Another keeper from Utrecht?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/360876/Newcastle-United-and-Swansea-fa

We were linked to him in the summer, wouldn't be a bad option but i'd expect that he will be looking for first team football
January Transfer Official Thread on 10:04 - Jan 17 with 2530 viewsperchrockjack

January Transfer Official Thread on 17:41 - Jan 16 by Dr_Winston

So getting stuck in now is beneath us is it.
Well, some of our greatest players got "stuck in" or maybe you weren't around.

Getting stuck in means getting truly involved in a physical way not fearing injury when you go into a tackle. Its what Leon Britton has been doing for years all 9 stone of him. It makes my blood boil to see the rank cowardice of Vasquez in our shirt.

Its pointless having talent if you don't have both moral fibre and commitment.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024