Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread 12:47 - Jan 1 with 36158 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 with 2765 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:48 - Jan 2 by Rancid

''They used to be a model but now appear to be a mess''

Beat me to it with the quote! We didn't deserve anything, and yet there were three moments that could have made all the difference: the offside goal, no red for the Spurs defender and the header deflected against the post. Some tough games ahead now as well.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 with 2765 viewsSmellyplumz

Better team tonight should of won.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 with 2753 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:50 - Jan 2 by 34dfgdf54

We got done by the officials today. Yes, Spurs were the better team, but first goal was miles offside and they should have been down to ten men, two easy decisions.

Your optimism holds no bounds Risca..we're getting better for sure and January will see us revert to wide play, thankfully which'll hopefully be enough to get us out of this mess.

My post was a quip from the commentator tonight about us being a mess.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:54 - Jan 2 with 2725 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 by Rancid

Your optimism holds no bounds Risca..we're getting better for sure and January will see us revert to wide play, thankfully which'll hopefully be enough to get us out of this mess.

No optimism from me mate.

We’re down, but we were shafted today.

Edit - my original post wasn’t meant to be a direct reply to yours.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 21:58]
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:54 - Jan 2 with 2723 viewstrampie

What nationality were the officials ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:55 - Jan 2 with 2709 viewsbiggar

A lot of positives in that performance for me. Well, after the first 30 anyway. Ref and officials were truly appalling but VDH was lucky to stay on the field as well for me so we got away with that.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:55 - Jan 2 with 2692 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 by Garyjack

It was a battling performance yes, but please, don't get upbeat about it, not even mildly so. It'll just hurt more in the end.

Ill reprase. Was definitely a step in the right direction, albeit from a very, very, very low starting point.

What we did learn today is that when the game is at about 30% of its normal pace and nobody can run, Sanches is a decent player

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:56 - Jan 2 with 2675 viewsphact0rri

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 by Rancid

yeah commentator over on NBC I was watching from went off on the "haha crap swansea town" a bit to hard. When it was glaringly unfair rulings that cost us in the match.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:58 - Jan 2 with 2629 viewsmonmouth

If we give it as much gunt for the rest of the season as we did for the last hour, I don’t think we can ask for a lot more. I thought they gave it everything, let down by ability against one of the best teams in the league - they are - and very unlucky not to get a point.

I doubt we’ve got a cats chance in hell of getting out of this, but I think we’ll at least give it a go now. Under Clement no one gave a toss and we’d given up.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 22:00]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 2596 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:54 - Jan 2 by 34dfgdf54

No optimism from me mate.

We’re down, but we were shafted today.

Edit - my original post wasn’t meant to be a direct reply to yours.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 21:58]

Seems to be every week now that we get a bad decision.When we're not scoring or struggling like we are then these 'bad decisions' {and they are} are magnified ten fold but you make your own luck, like we used to, in this league.

2 nil up and we wouldn't care less if Llorente was a whisker offside or whatever but when it's costing us then we tend to blame other issues than how poor we are really.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:01 - Jan 2 with 2560 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:58 - Jan 2 by monmouth

If we give it as much gunt for the rest of the season as we did for the last hour, I don’t think we can ask for a lot more. I thought they gave it everything, let down by ability against one of the best teams in the league - they are - and very unlucky not to get a point.

I doubt we’ve got a cats chance in hell of getting out of this, but I think we’ll at least give it a go now. Under Clement no one gave a toss and we’d given up.

And as you say that's all we can ask.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 2549 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 1 by Jackfath

I really couldn't give two hoots about Wolves. I hope we play the U23s.

Indeed, in principle. I think some players need to learn to play together, or just to play. I would certainly play Sanches, for example.

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 2528 viewsSmellyplumz

Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll stay up.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 2524 viewsjacksfullaces

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:58 - Jan 2 by monmouth

not sure they will give it that kind of go for too long though, if no result forthcoming in the neext couple of matches will be very hard for them to see the point of playing out of their skin, as opposed to just playing.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:04 - Jan 2 with 2507 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:00 - Jan 2 by Rancid

Seems to be every week now that we get a bad decision.When we're not scoring or struggling like we are then these 'bad decisions' {and they are} are magnified ten fold but you make your own luck, like we used to, in this league.

2 nil up and we wouldn't care less if Llorente was a whisker offside or whatever but when it's costing us then we tend to blame other issues than how poor we are really.

The Sanchez decision is what p*ssed me off the most. If that was one of our lads they’d be going. Really sad to see what we’ve become though, CC didn’t seem confident at all of getting any reinforcements in either in the window.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:05 - Jan 2 with 2504 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:02 - Jan 2 by monmouth

Indeed, in principle. I think some players need to learn to play together, or just to play. I would certainly play Sanches, for example.

I'd go as far as to create a team around him. Yes, there are deficiencies in his play but I think he's got something and others in the side don't keep up with his speed of thought. All training ground stuff.

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:06 - Jan 2 with 2481 viewsRancid

I just hope the new guy has players in mind and knows our shortcomings already.We can still stay up with the passion of the second half and a bit more quality.Sorry to single him out but I'm no fan of Olsson and I think we can do better for an attacking wing back.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 2 with 2453 viewsEbo

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 by Smellyplumz

Better team tonight should of won.

"have" not "of" FFS

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 2425 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:06 - Jan 2 by Rancid

I just hope the new guy has players in mind and knows our shortcomings already.We can still stay up with the passion of the second half and a bit more quality.Sorry to single him out but I'm no fan of Olsson and I think we can do better for an attacking wing back.

I would be more inclined to sigle out Johnny Nofukker at right back.

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:11 - Jan 2 with 2414 viewsBobby_Fischer

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:05 - Jan 2 by union_jack

I'd go as far as to create a team around him. Yes, there are deficiencies in his play but I think he's got something and others in the side don't keep up with his speed of thought. All training ground stuff.

Create a team around him? Don't think we will be splashing on Sanches anytime soon!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:12 - Jan 2 with 2398 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 2 by Ebo

"have" not "of" FFS

Deeply sorry I made a spelling mistake in my positive excitement, can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:12 - Jan 2 with 2397 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:11 - Jan 2 by Bobby_Fischer

Create a team around him? Don't think we will be splashing on Sanches anytime soon!

My first thoughts too.
The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 2373 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 2 by AnotherJohn

Beat me to it with the quote! We didn't deserve anything, and yet there were three moments that could have made all the difference: the offside goal, no red for the Spurs defender and the header deflected against the post. Some tough games ahead now as well.

Also could have had a penalty if Ayew had gone down when Loris made contact with his legs.
Played well 2nd half.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:15 - Jan 2 with 2339 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:12 - Jan 2 by Rancid

My first thoughts too.

This season! He could get our attack going by running at the opposition but our wide men will need to be on the same page. He didn't have too much of an outlet tonight. We need to stretch defences and then he'll get more room.

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:16 - Jan 2 with 2309 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City Vs Tottenham Hotspur FC Match Thread on 22:10 - Jan 2 by monmouth

I would be more inclined to sigle out Johnny Nofukker at right back.

There's no way I could mention 2 fullbacks, that would be lunacy.Anyway, I think Naughtons ok for now but I'm not getting Olsson at all.Seems to get a lot of the ball but zero threat and his crossing has got worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024