Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! 17:22 - Feb 1 with 57232 viewsunion_jack

Don't forget that the SCSA is holding an open meeting tonight at The Cwmfelin Club starting at 7-00 pm.

Please try and make it if you can and support the cause.

We are expecting ITV Wales to be there and broadcasting live from 6-30 I believe. Also we are expecting some local political presence.

The future of our club is important and the SCSA are working hard to ensure it is a prosperous one.

Please come along if you can.

Hopefully see some of you there.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 15:26 - Feb 2 with 2339 viewsDarran

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 13:16 - Feb 2 by Smellyplumz

Riscajack, he was well beastly to me, even read through my old posts, I ask you.!

Not like him tbh.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 16:29 - Feb 2 with 2226 viewsSmellyplumz

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 15:26 - Feb 2 by Darran

Not like him tbh.

I called him a c0ck on one of the threads, I guess it upset him. Life goes on.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 16:35 - Feb 2 with 2199 viewsJackfath

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 16:29 - Feb 2 by Smellyplumz

Not like you to be rude to other posters.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 16:48 - Feb 2 with 2173 viewsN_T_J

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 16:29 - Feb 2 by Smellyplumz

Its a big old wheel aint it.
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:33 - Feb 2 with 2065 viewsATFV

It looks like I have to make a contribution to this thread - not something I want to do as I don’t feel well enough - but for two reasons I must. One is because I feel some things about what the SCSA are doing need to be said from my perspective and two because mental health issues have been raised.

I was forced to stand down from the SCSA working group on the eve of the meeting due to a reoccurrence of my own mental health issues, anxiety and depression brought about through bereavement, stress and concerns over my physical health. I tried, I really tried to keep going because fighting for my club is something I believe in. But ultimately I let the depression and more to the point the anxiety win.

Anxiety that prevented me from attending the Liverpool and Arsenal victories and robbed me of a chance to witness first hand two magnificent performances. CC has been a breath of fresh air on the football side and has provided genuine hope of staying up where previously it looked impossible (action replay of last season).

I was gutted to miss the meeting and it’s interesting to hear people that were there saying how many people there recognised there from the Petty Out era...and yet these very people, these staunchest of fans that have been with the club for though thIck and mostly thin, are being ridiculed and accused of being village idiots or trying to get the club relegated. That just makes me sad and sick to my stomach.

In respect of the SCSA I’d say a few things...

For one, the accusation that our activities are affecting the team and will “get us relegated” seems a bit strange considering our upturn in fortunes has coincided with our activities! I certainly will always advocate supporting the team on the pitch but that does not mean that action off the pitch should just be forgotten now that we have secured two unexpected but simply brilliant wins against Liverpool and Arsenal.

Secondly the Trust: despite my tempestuous time at the recent Members Forum I have been and always will be a staunch supporter of the organisation. Do I support and endorse its ideals? Hell yes. Do I think it should change and improve? Yes again. But I made it clear to others in the working group that I want the SCSA to fully endorse the Trust and encourage as many people to join as possible.

Furthermore, the Trust DOES have its hands tied at times and a pressure group unrestricted by shareholder rules and etiquette does have a place in these times in my opinion.

Criticism has been levelled along the lines of “why now? Why not last season?” - well speaking for myself I went along with the let’s all get along together mantra last season and hoped that some sort of satisfactory resolution would be reached between the owners and the Trust over OUR shareholding. When it became clear half way through THIS season that wouldn’t happen and the Trust carried on along a path that I didn’t agree with then I felt enough was enough. Throw in the recent revelations in the Penney tribunal, the 28 “investors” revealed and the worrying stadium deal then much has escalated since last season. I tried to act. Others felt the same way.

Short term results make no difference to how I feel. I don’t want change so we can go out and buy Messi, or secure Champions League Football - I want change so our Vice Presidents don’t get treated like dirt any more. So our fans do not get milked through outrageous fees. So our club stop scoring own goals like sending back 1000 Brighton tickets before general sale.

I’ve got nothing to gain by being involved. I have no vast fortune made from selling the club out to protect. I’m an ordinary fan that will take whatever division we play in in my stride, by will have sleepless nights worrying that there will still be a club to support this time next year.

Anyone that thinks I’m in it for ego would be quickly put straight by anyone that knows me (and I don’t hide my identity or pretend to be someone I’m not) - I hate the limelight and always want to stay in the shadows.

Anyone that thinks I want to be involved in a cause - I don’t! It’s been a huge amount of extra work which along with the day job and the charity events has contributed to my recent health problems.

If anyone thinks I want hurt MY club, which I’ve grown up loving for more than 40 years, or see MY club relegated - you are very much mistaken.

STID

Nigel Davies
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:38 - Feb 2 with 2048 viewsTreforys_Jack

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:33 - Feb 2 by ATFV

It looks like I have to make a contribution to this thread - not something I want to do as I don’t feel well enough - but for two reasons I must. One is because I feel some things about what the SCSA are doing need to be said from my perspective and two because mental health issues have been raised.

I was forced to stand down from the SCSA working group on the eve of the meeting due to a reoccurrence of my own mental health issues, anxiety and depression brought about through bereavement, stress and concerns over my physical health. I tried, I really tried to keep going because fighting for my club is something I believe in. But ultimately I let the depression and more to the point the anxiety win.

Anxiety that prevented me from attending the Liverpool and Arsenal victories and robbed me of a chance to witness first hand two magnificent performances. CC has been a breath of fresh air on the football side and has provided genuine hope of staying up where previously it looked impossible (action replay of last season).

I was gutted to miss the meeting and it’s interesting to hear people that were there saying how many people there recognised there from the Petty Out era...and yet these very people, these staunchest of fans that have been with the club for though thIck and mostly thin, are being ridiculed and accused of being village idiots or trying to get the club relegated. That just makes me sad and sick to my stomach.

For one, the accusation that our activities are affecting the team and will “get us relegated” seems a bit strange considering our upturn in fortunes has coincided with our activities! I certainly will always advocate supporting the team on the pitch but that does not mean that action off the pitch should just be forgotten now that we have secured two unexpected but simply brilliant wins against Liverpool and Arsenal.

Secondly the Trust: despite my tempestuous time at the recent Members Forum I have been and always will be a staunch supporter of the organisation. Do I support and endorse its ideals? Hell yes. Do I think it should change and improve? Yes again. But I made it clear to others in the working group that I want the SCSA to fully endorse the Trust and encourage as many people to join as possible.

Furthermore, the Trust DOES have its hands tied at times and a pressure group unrestricted by shareholder rules and etiquette does have a place in these times in my opinion.

Criticism has been levelled along the lines of “why now? Why not last season?” - well speaking for myself I went along with the let’s all get along together mantra last season and hoped that some sort of satisfactory resolution would be reached between the owners and the Trust over OUR shareholding. When it became clear half way through THIS season that wouldn’t happen and the Trust carried on along a path that I didn’t agree with then I felt enough was enough. Throw in the recent revelations in the Penney tribunal, the 28 “investors” revealed and the worrying stadium deal then much has escalated since last season. I tried to act. Others felt the same way.

Short term results make no difference to how I feel. I don’t want change so we can go out and buy Messi, or secure Champions League Football - I want change so our Vice Presidents don’t get treated like dirt any more. So our fans do not get milked through outrageous fees. So our club stop scoring own goals like sending back 1000 Brighton tickets before general sale.

I’ve got nothing to gain by being involved. I have no vast fortune made from selling the club out to protect. I’m an ordinary fan that will take whatever division we play in in my stride, by will have sleepless nights worrying that there will still be a club to support this time next year.

Anyone that thinks I’m in it for ego would be quickly put straight by anyone that knows me (and I don’t hide my identity or pretend to be someone I’m not) - I hate the limelight and always want to stay in the shadows.

Anyone that thinks I want to be involved in a cause - I don’t! It’s been a huge amount of extra work which along with the day job and the charity events has contributed to my recent health problems.

If anyone thinks I want hurt MY club, which I’ve grown up loving for more than 40 years, or see MY club relegated - you are very much mistaken.

STID

Nigel Davies

Great post Nigel, be strong fella.
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:45 - Feb 2 with 2026 viewsmax936

STID

Nigel Davies

Great Post Nige.

I sincerely hope things turn the corner for you, you're a very decent man and like many others don't deserve what has befallen you.

All the very Best Wishes to you, Get Well Soon, hopefully the Swans will help by continuing to improve
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 18:47]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:47 - Feb 2 with 2010 viewsDan_Swan

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 10:29 - Feb 2 by shandyjack

i'll have to jump in quickly on this, Mark has been a regular home and away for over 25 years now. He has stewarded buses up to Carlise and the like on Tuesday nights when we were in the duldrums and only taking 2 buses as a max to games. My opinion lies in the middle of theirs and yours so i keep out of it as respect to Mark who happens to be my brother in law

I too remember Mark, not only from the Vetch days but also playing darts years ago. The lad has been going for a hell of a long time. Whilst I don't profess to know him personally I know myself he's been going for as long as ShandyJack has said.

Assumptive posts with absolutely no substance. Like others, goads people and insults them if they have the nerve to disagree with him. Getting incredibly bored of them nowadays, tiresome & tedious beyond belief!

If you disagree then so be it. Please stop insulting people should they disagree. Opinions are like @rseholes, everyone has got one.

* - Awaiting insult and being told where to go....
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 18:55]

Still following Dr's orders!

Login to get fewer ads

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:49 - Feb 2 with 1999 viewsATFV

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:38 - Feb 2 by Treforys_Jack

Great post Nigel, be strong fella.

Thank you, much appreciated
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:51 - Feb 2 with 1986 viewsDan_Swan

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:49 - Feb 2 by ATFV

Thank you, much appreciated

You'll get there Nige! Had similar things happen to myself & it's a pretty grim place to be.

Get well soon Mate

Still following Dr's orders!

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:51 - Feb 2 with 1986 viewsATFV

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:45 - Feb 2 by max936

Great Post Nige.

I sincerely hope things turn the corner for you, you're a very decent man and like many others don't deserve what has befallen you.

All the very Best Wishes to you, Get Well Soon, hopefully the Swans will help by continuing to improve
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 18:47]

The improvement should indeed continue as I’m now banned from attending games after the last two results
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:52 - Feb 2 with 1971 viewsJoe_bradshaw

STID

Nigel Davies

Nigel, come back to the Liberty as soon as you feel able to. The wife is having to talk to me during games instead of you and it’s putting pressure on our relationship - and that’s when we’re winning!

Seriously, take care and never give up.

Paul

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 1949 viewsATFV

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:51 - Feb 2 by Dan_Swan

You'll get there Nige! Had similar things happen to myself & it's a pretty grim place to be.

Get well soon Mate

I wouldn’t wish what happened to me last week on anyone - not even HJ! I’m slowly getting over it though thanks
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:03 - Feb 2 with 1906 viewsDarran

STID

Nigel Davies

It could be worse you could be me.

No seriously Nige hang in there Dude you’re a legend.

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:10 - Feb 2 with 1881 viewsATFV

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:52 - Feb 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Nigel, come back to the Liberty as soon as you feel able to. The wife is having to talk to me during games instead of you and it’s putting pressure on our relationship - and that’s when we’re winning!

Seriously, take care and never give up.

Paul

Now I feel guilty for staying away But if I come back and we start losing...

Thanks Paul, appreciate it and WILL see you soon!
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:11 - Feb 2 with 1880 viewspencoedjack

STID

Nigel Davies

Top post Nigel

I had the pleasure of meeting you a few weeks a true gent.

Get well soon we need passionate Jacks like you at the Liberty

Mark
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:14 - Feb 2 with 1870 viewsATFV

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:03 - Feb 2 by Darran

It could be worse you could be me.

No seriously Nige hang in there Dude you’re a legend.

Not being you is the only thing that gave me hope, Dazzler
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:15 - Feb 2 with 1858 viewsATFV

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:11 - Feb 2 by pencoedjack

Top post Nigel

I had the pleasure of meeting you a few weeks a true gent.

Get well soon we need passionate Jacks like you at the Liberty

Mark

Pleasure was all mine Mark
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:19 - Feb 2 with 1835 viewsDarran

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:14 - Feb 2 by ATFV

Not being you is the only thing that gave me hope, Dazzler

Fair point.

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:26 - Feb 2 with 1816 views3swan

STID

Nigel Davies

Great post Nige

Been a while since I've seen you but keep strong and you will bounce back.

Clive
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:29 - Feb 2 with 1798 viewsATFV

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:26 - Feb 2 by 3swan

Great post Nige

Been a while since I've seen you but keep strong and you will bounce back.

Clive

Cusers Clive, I hope you and the lads are all good
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 1792 views3swan

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:29 - Feb 2 by ATFV

Cusers Clive, I hope you and the lads are all good

Yes thanks.

Don't let ANYONE grind you down, live your life.

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:41 - Feb 2 with 1737 viewsSwanzay

Superb post Nigel, keep up the great work and hope your able to see another Swans win soon at the Liberty!
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 1710 viewsjack2jack

Great post AVFV, we've never met,but your a Jack with principles,that's enough for me.Hope your road to recovery is a speedy one.
All the best J2J
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:57 - Feb 2 with 1679 viewsmax936

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 18:51 - Feb 2 by ATFV

The improvement should indeed continue as I’m now banned from attending games after the last two results

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024