Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Released 08:33 - May 10 with 42887 viewsGloucs_R

When do they usually announce the list of names?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 13:15 - May 16 with 3910 viewsTheChef

Players Released on 09:47 - May 15 by Gloucs_R

I am certain we'll bring in a new LB and that by the time Manning played at the end of last season, we'd have identified and hopefully have negotiated with one.

I think we need a spine, so new CB, CM, Striker and a LB.

Anyone have a list of the players now left and their positions?

Essentially this summer as a bare minimum we need bargain basement versions of Hill and Derry, and the next Pukki up front.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players Released on 13:36 - May 16 with 3790 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 17:21 - May 15 by BuckR

Wasn't bad at Villa away but apart from that I agree

Ah yes good shout (makes hurried amendment to end of term report).
Players Released on 13:55 - May 16 with 3695 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 13:31 - May 15 by Northernr

Not being funny, but apart from goalkeepers and 'tens' we basically need some of everything now.

But with the money we have, I think we need to concentrate on the spine.

We have 4 wingers, 2 RB's (3 if you include Rangel), 3 GKs (I think we'll sell one) and then a mish mash.

Lets say we play 4231 again

Lumley
Furlong / BFG / NEW / NEW
Mass / NEW
BOS / Eze / Chair
NEW

Players Released on 13:56 - May 16 with 3689 viewsdublinr

The wife says Bumjoy won't deliver clean sheets. Got to be worth a shot though.

Players Released on 14:03 - May 16 with 3649 viewsfrancisbowles

Players Released on 13:55 - May 16 by Gloucs_R

We have 4 wingers, 2 RB's (3 if you include Rangel), 3 GKs (I think we'll sell one) and then a mish mash.

Lumley
Mass / NEW
BOS / Eze / Chair
NEW

Surely we need to put Manning in there, either at lb or left side of the two?
Players Released on 14:15 - May 16 with 3600 viewsJeff

Players Released on 14:03 - May 16 by francisbowles

poor old Scowan can't catch a break either...

Can we not knock it?

Players Released on 14:24 - May 16 with 3562 viewsRblockPrior

Lumley
Mass / NEW
BOS / Eze / Chair
NEW

If we start with that as a front 4, it is vital imo Scowen and Mass play a deep role to protect the back 4

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Players Released on 14:28 - May 16 with 3546 viewsGloucs_R

Manning only played the last few games and I suspect they already have a LB lined up. That's the only reason I haven't put him in. Nico not making the bench in LA so cant see him being involved.

Scowen / Mass / Manning plus one midfielder general type. I think we need a leader in midfield, no nonsense type player. Scowen did well at the end of the season but went through a real dip in form and Cameron was a better player before he was injured.

Login to get fewer ads

Players Released on 14:30 - May 16 with 3534 viewsMatch82

Lumley
Mass / NEW
BOS / Eze / Chair
NEW

As others have said I'd have scowen and manning in there, so from a starting 11 perspective you need to add a center back and a striker and depth.

Is that starting 11 good enough to stay in the league? With a decent striker it should be. But I am a little worried how light we are on squad depth outside of wingers and GK
Players Released on 14:32 - May 16 with 3524 viewsGloucs_R

As it stands today, with no signings and assuming Freeman goes:

Lumley
Kakay/ Furlong / BFG/ Manning
Mass / Scowen
BOS / Eze / Chair
Smith

Ingram, Dieng, Philips, Wheeler, Goss, Shodipo, Smyth, Oteh, Hall,

Thats a squad of 20.

Players Released on 14:59 - May 16 with 3448 viewsHAYESBOY

Guessing NEW are all related.??

Smells like a trout farm in here

Players Released on 15:36 - May 16 with 3347 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players Released on 14:32 - May 16 by Gloucs_R

Lumley
Mass / Scowen
BOS / Eze / Chair
Smith

Thats a squad of 20.

It's also a squad that's nailed on to go down. So let's hope we add at least a couple!

Bare bones.

Players Released on 16:22 - May 16 with 3248 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 14:59 - May 16 by HAYESBOY

Guessing NEW are all related.??

Could you imagine the confusion for the commentators....although maybe they'd all go by their first names like they do in Brazil!?!?

Players Released on 16:53 - May 16 with 3176 viewsoldmisery

Lumley
Mass / Scowen
BOS / Eze / Chair
Smith

Thats a squad of 20.

I'm guessing that Rangel and Walker would be added to that squad but hopefully it will be minus the ultimate waste of oxygen; Goss.
Players Released on 17:21 - May 16 with 3107 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 16:53 - May 16 by oldmisery

I'm guessing that Rangel and Walker would be added to that squad but hopefully it will be minus the ultimate waste of oxygen; Goss.

Walker - I forgot about him.

Has Rangel (and Dieng) actually agreed new deals? I thought they had been offered new contracts.

Players Released on 19:02 - May 16 with 2963 viewsPinnerPaul

Players Released on 13:31 - May 15 by Northernr

Not being funny, but apart from goalkeepers and 'tens' we basically need some of everything now.

You forgot young right sided attacking midfielders - we've got plenty of those as well
Players Released on 19:56 - May 16 with 2905 viewsGloucs_R

Looking to bring in 4 or 5...

https://talksport.com/football/efl/543631/mark-warburton-exclusive-qpr-manager-j

Players Released on 20:40 - May 16 with 2822 viewsbosh67

Lumley
Mass / NEW
BOS / Eze / Chair
NEW

I like this NEW guys. He seems to be able to play anywhere!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players Released on 07:58 - May 17 with 2487 viewsbaz_qpr

The club maximum wage when when we came down and signed the likes of Luongo was £5k per week. So somewhere along the line if that figure is right for Bidwell we've broken that by some margin, I find that number unlikely though its worth pointing out that Bidwell was established championship at the time and club captain so it would come at a premium.

I think he's had a poor season, and I've thought mself since he played there under Ollie that manning would make a better LB, but we should certainly not be spunking top wages on a left back.

Pav again I can imagine is a top end earner, Polish international, I think he had his contract renewed after first good season, a good pro but needs to make way for the young players because all our good ones are going to be in the wider positions

Cousins and Lynch have never cut it and we can get better and cheaper

Disagree with Northern re Angel, exactly what we need, Old experience well respected pro, might not play all the season but made a big difference to us this season in nouse and impact
[Post edited 17 May 2019 8:00]
Players Released on 08:00 - May 17 with 2477 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 07:58 - May 17 by baz_qpr

The club maximum wage when when we came down and signed the likes of Luongo was £5k per week. So somewhere along the line if that figure is right for Bidwell we've broken that by some margin, I find that number unlikely though its worth pointing out that Bidwell was established championship at the time and club captain so it would come at a premium.

I think he's had a poor season, and I've thought mself since he played there under Ollie that manning would make a better LB, but we should certainly not be spunking top wages on a left back.

Pav again I can imagine is a top end earner, Polish international, I think he had his contract renewed after first good season, a good pro but needs to make way for the young players because all our good ones are going to be in the wider positions

Disagree with Northern re Angel, exactly what we need, Old experience well respected pro, might not play all the season but made a big difference to us this season in nouse and impact

I'm not sure where £5k came from but it's not accurate, and there's no way Luongo, Cousins, Bidwell, Lynch, Wszolek, or any of them really, are on that.
Players Released on 08:13 - May 17 with 2446 viewsRblockPrior

Players Released on 08:00 - May 17 by Northernr

I'm not sure where £5k came from but it's not accurate, and there's no way Luongo, Cousins, Bidwell, Lynch, Wszolek, or any of them really, are on that.

I think one thing we can agree on is 99.9% of our fans have no clue on players wages and those who think they do are either guessing or listening to the wrong people. Imo there is no point even speculating on what each player is on

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Players Released on 08:48 - May 17 with 2397 viewsTheChef

Players Released on 07:58 - May 17 by baz_qpr

Thing with Bidwell is although he was usually a 6/10 and rarely injured, from my seat in PU I always felt like I was shouting at him to get tight/drop in/move across. And I only ever recall doing that for the likes of Paul Bruce and Christer Warren. Which can't be a good thing.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players Released on 09:27 - May 17 with 2292 viewsngbqpr

Lumley
Mass / Scowen
BOS / Eze / Chair
Smith

Thats a squad of 20.

Maybe I'm easily pleased / naive / glass half full / a complete idiot...but I actually think that's the foundation of a squad that could hold its own in the division. Not pull up any trees, spend most of the season looking over its shoulder - but could survive while maturing.

Clearly a couple of wise old heads would help (several people have mentioned the need for a Palmer / Derry type) - which presumably is why Rangel has been offered a deal and the loan market has been mentioned.

Also, serious competition for Smith / Oteh would be a must.

But I'd say half that list have proved they can cut it at Championship level, and a quarter have the potential to do so - add 2-3 proven Champ-level players and I'm ok with it.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Players Released on 10:20 - May 17 with 2186 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players Released on 08:00 - May 17 by Northernr

Yeah I seem to remember it was more like 20k was the ceiling, which was still about half what most were probably getting in the prem. I recall it was widely held that Chery was on 8k, which was seen as a really good deal. But as others have said, no one really knows, hence the ridiculous rumours about BFG's wage.

Bare bones.

Players Released on 12:37 - May 17 with 2017 viewsHunterhoop

Players Released on 10:20 - May 17 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah I seem to remember it was more like 20k was the ceiling, which was still about half what most were probably getting in the prem. I recall it was widely held that Chery was on 8k, which was seen as a really good deal. But as others have said, no one really knows, hence the ridiculous rumours about BFG's wage.

£12k, I recall. Therein lies the issue. We don’t know. My understanding was it was a salary cap of £12k pw week which only Onouha and Robinson breached. But now everyone is saying Bidwell, Pav, Lynch, etc were on more.

I can’t remember where I read or heard it, but understood Eze to be on “just” £6k pw. Obvs a lot of money to us, but for a no.10 in a Championship side, that feels good value. Even more so if Bidwell is on what’s being stated above.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024