Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Released 08:33 - May 10 with 42888 viewsGloucs_R

When do they usually announce the list of names?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 14:09 - May 17 with 3727 viewsWadR

Players Released on 08:13 - May 17 by RblockPrior

I think one thing we can agree on is 99.9% of our fans have no clue on players wages and those who think they do are either guessing or listening to the wrong people. Imo there is no point even speculating on what each player is on

I do the QPR data for Football Manager (anyone's welcome to PM me to tell me what a terrible job I'm doing) and estimating players' wages is mostly guesswork based on the occasional leak or snippet from an article (like the Chery figure or Dave Mc saying about Leistner/Bidwell) and then working backwards from the official overall wage bill.

Always amusing when folk on twitter/forums report X player's wages with absolute authority when it's transparently come from a figure I've basically made up.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 14:11]
Players Released on 19:33 - May 17 with 3475 viewsbaz_qpr

Players Released on 08:00 - May 17 by Northernr

I'm not sure where £5k came from but it's not accurate, and there's no way Luongo, Cousins, Bidwell, Lynch, Wszolek, or any of them really, are on that.

It came from a colleague who used to work for QPR and saw the contracts with his own eyes
Players Released on 19:50 - May 17 with 3426 viewsEsox_Lucius

Players Released on 12:37 - May 17 by Hunterhoop

£12k, I recall. Therein lies the issue. We don’t know. My understanding was it was a salary cap of £12k pw week which only Onouha and Robinson breached. But now everyone is saying Bidwell, Pav, Lynch, etc were on more.

I can’t remember where I read or heard it, but understood Eze to be on “just” £6k pw. Obvs a lot of money to us, but for a no.10 in a Championship side, that feels good value. Even more so if Bidwell is on what’s being stated above.

If my information was correct then Eze is either on £3k or £2.7k a week. One of the U23's also told me that their money is hundreds, and not thousands a week.

The grass is always greener.

Players Released on 22:28 - May 17 with 3255 viewsbaz_qpr

Players Released on 19:33 - May 17 by baz_qpr

It came from a colleague who used to work for QPR and saw the contracts with his own eyes

I should add this is specifically from the period when Luongo, Gladwin and Polter were signed, I'm sure its grown and the free transfers plus the Ollie signings would likely be on+ 10
Players Released on 09:17 - May 18 with 3073 viewsgazza1

The main reasons that players have been released is money (we are paying them far too much) and they are too inconsistent and not good enough over 40 odd games a season.

The positives are that it gives Warburton a chance to bring in his own players within the budgets of the Club.

I am pleased that Warburton will be given his chance to bring in his own players - not sure that all these so called young boys being written about are actually good enough to play Championship football either.
Players Released on 09:32 - May 18 with 3036 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 09:17 - May 18 by gazza1

The main reasons that players have been released is money (we are paying them far too much) and they are too inconsistent and not good enough over 40 odd games a season.

The positives are that it gives Warburton a chance to bring in his own players within the budgets of the Club.

I am pleased that Warburton will be given his chance to bring in his own players - not sure that all these so called young boys being written about are actually good enough to play Championship football either.

Most aren't, just look at the beginning of last season. Whoever he brings in needs to be a starting xi player.

Players Released on 10:29 - May 18 with 2939 viewsOldPedro

Players Released on 09:32 - May 18 by Gloucs_R

Most aren't, just look at the beginning of last season. Whoever he brings in needs to be a starting xi player.

But few of the younger players played in those opening games back in August. Line up for the WBA defeat from the official website only featured 2 young players:

The R’s lined up in a 4-3-3 formation: Ingram; Osman Kakay, Toni Leistner (captain), Lynch, Jake Bidwell; Massimo Luongo, Josh Scowen, Cousins; Ebere Eze, Smith, Luke Freeman.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Players Released on 10:37 - May 18 with 2923 viewsDejR_vu

I think quite a few of the youngsters have a chance, you just can’t chuck them all in together and expect it to work. Look at how well Eze started and then how his form tailed off.

Much of the talk about bringing youth through seemed to centre on most of them playing most of the time otherwise it was a failure. I think it’s a far more sensible approach to introduce and establish one or two at a time. Furlong was in and out, out on loan, but is now established. Lumley made the breakthrough last season. Eze has been in and out, i’d expect him to establish himself next season. I think Smyth is a year behind him, and Chair similar.

I think the club was absolutely right in getting some of these boys out on loan if they weren’t going to be regular starters. Better to have a chance of regular football somewhere than the odd 10 minutes here every now and then.

So MW is going to have to sign some experienced heads to help the youngsters integrate over the next two or three seasons.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Players Released on 10:38 - May 18 with 2921 viewsterryb

For the 100th time. We didn't throw a lot of young players in the team at the start of the season! And those that did play were not the problem. It was the eight experienced players that did not perform.

At no time did we have more than three players with less than 150 FL appearances (or European equivalent) on the pitch.

I would agree though, that most recruited players this summer need to be ready to play.
Players Released on 10:41 - May 18 with 2909 viewsoldmisery

Players Released on 09:17 - May 18 by gazza1

I've seen all of them play over the past two years and apart from Ilias Chair, I'm not convinced that any of the others are going to be good enough to play consistently well in the Championship; no matter how much we all want them to.
And your other point refers to them being 'so called young boys'. This begs the question, when can they no longer be considered boys? I mean they're all boys to me, even Warburton, but most of them will be 22 soon (Phillips in June, Shodipo in July, Kakay in August, Smyth in September and Chair in October - by which time even Oteh will be 21.
History would tell us that, apart from the odd late starter (such as Vardy and Ian Wright) if you aren't an established first teamer at this level by the age of 22, you are never going to be.
Players Released on 13:41 - May 23 with 2332 viewsaston_hoop

Released players update:

Jake Bidwell wanted by Sheff Wed
Seny Dineg hasn't signed a new deal and Glasgow Rangers want him
Grant Hall is in Mykonos with some woman from celebrity big brother or the like

all brought to you by those websites that make up rumours and also the tabloid press

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players Released on 14:01 - May 23 with 2258 viewsmakaveli1882

Players Released on 13:41 - May 23 by aston_hoop

Released players update:

Jake Bidwell wanted by Sheff Wed
Seny Dineg hasn't signed a new deal and Glasgow Rangers want him
Grant Hall is in Mykonos with some woman from celebrity big brother or the like

all brought to you by those websites that make up rumours and also the tabloid press

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7043829/Chloe-Goodman-displays-phy

Has he got a year left or is he on a free?
Players Released on 14:18 - May 23 with 2217 viewsNorthernr

Myth. Again.
Players Released on 14:38 - May 23 with 2180 viewsMaggsinho

Players Released on 14:01 - May 23 by makaveli1882

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7043829/Chloe-Goodman-displays-phy

Got one year left - he activated a clause for another year on his contract.
Players Released on 15:40 - May 23 with 2108 viewsmakaveli1882

Players Released on 14:38 - May 23 by Maggsinho

Got one year left - he activated a clause for another year on his contract.

Thanks, lucky us.
Players Released on 15:47 - May 23 with 2090 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 14:18 - May 23 by Northernr

Myth. Again.

How so?

Kakay, Ingram, Lumley, Chair, Smyth, BOS, Manning, Eze were all in the line ups for the first 4 games.

Out of those, 3/4 are Championship level at this moment in time IMO.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 15:52]

Players Released on 15:56 - May 23 with 2048 viewsTonto

soccer "ace"???? who are they trying to kid?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Players Released on 15:59 - May 23 with 2039 viewsTheChef

Players Released on 15:56 - May 23 by Tonto

Daily Mail-speak, innit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players Released on 16:01 - May 23 with 2033 viewsJeff

[Post edited 23 May 2019 16:01]

Can we not knock it?

Players Released on 16:02 - May 23 with 2025 viewsJeff

Players Released on 15:47 - May 23 by Gloucs_R

How so?

Kakay, Ingram, Lumley, Chair, Smyth, BOS, Manning, Eze were all in the line ups for the first 4 games.

well that's partly true - the following played during the first four games (not having Ingram as one of the kids!)

Preston 1-0 QPR
Kakay 90 mins
BOS 45 mins
Eze 90 mins
Manning 45 mins (sub)
Smyth 35 mins (sub)

QPR 1-2 Shef Utd
Kakay 88 mins
Smyth 45 mins
Eze 90 mins
BOS 45 mins (sub)

West Brom 7-1 QPR
Kakay 90 mins
Eze 58 mins

QPR 0-3 Bristol City
Eze 90 Mins

so Kakay played the first 3, Eze played in all four, but other than that, Smyth BOS and Manning barely got a half before being hooked. and it meant that they lined up alongside 8-10 'senior pros' in every game...

Can we not knock it?

Players Released on 16:35 - May 23 with 1919 viewsHAYESBOY

Players Released on 15:56 - May 23 by Tonto

Can see a groin strain waiting to happen.....

Smells like a trout farm in here

Players Released on 16:38 - May 23 with 1913 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 15:47 - May 23 by Gloucs_R

How so?

No they weren't.

Lumley didn't play any of them. First league start was against Wigan.

Chair didn't play any of them - he got two minutes at Blackburn on November 3, that was his first league football of the season

Smyth got 24 minutes at Preston and 45 v Sheff Utd and that was it.

BOS got 45 minutes v Sheff Utd and Preston and that was it.

Manning got 45 mins at Preston.

Kakay played three of the four, Eze played all four.

Ingram is 25.
Players Released on 16:43 - May 23 with 1884 viewsPhildo

'hair transplant'
Players Released on 16:45 - May 23 with 1879 viewsterryb

Players Released on 16:38 - May 23 by Northernr

No they weren't.

Chair didn't play any of them - he got two minutes at Blackburn on November 3, that was his first league football of the season

Ingram is 25.

"Ingram is 25."

He had also played over 150 games in the Football league.

If that doesn't make him experienced, then I don't know what does!
[Post edited 23 May 2019 16:47]
Players Released on 16:56 - May 23 with 1853 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players Released on 16:38 - May 23 by Northernr

No they weren't.

Ingram is 25.

you and your bloody facts and research.
Not welcome here.

Bare bones.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024