Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Released 08:33 - May 10 with 42548 viewsGloucs_R

When do they usually announce the list of names?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 18:16 - May 14 with 3930 viewsPunteR

Players Released on 17:49 - May 14 by DavieQPR

I have it on good authority* that Holloway was on a one year rolling contract which expired on 10th May 2019.

* Not made up

What about McClaren, are we still paying him?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players Released on 18:25 - May 14 with 3877 viewsterryb

I've no problem with the five of them going, although I'm a bit surprised Rangel isn't with them.

None of them would have made my selected eleven.

Mark Warburton now knows where he stands & I'm sure he is in discussions daily with Ferdinand as to who our targets are.
Players Released on 19:07 - May 14 with 3662 viewsDorse

Players Released on 17:58 - May 14 by simmo

Quentin Bumjoy made me do an actual LOL.

Don't disrespect Bumjoy. He kicks ass (at Dungeons & Dragons).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players Released on 19:08 - May 14 with 3656 viewspaulparker

Lynch crap had to go
Bidwell average, not a bad player but if the rumours are true re his weekly wage then see yer
Pav plays one good game in 5 or has a decent month and disappears , plenty of cover who are younger and on less money
Cousins, injured , crap and a waste of money
Baptiste well past his best

Well done the club onwards and upwards

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players Released on 19:14 - May 14 with 3620 viewsHayesender

Players Released on 19:08 - May 14 by paulparker

Lynch crap had to go
Bidwell average, not a bad player but if the rumours are true re his weekly wage then see yer
Pav plays one good game in 5 or has a decent month and disappears , plenty of cover who are younger and on less money
Cousins, injured , crap and a waste of money
Baptiste well past his best

Well done the club onwards and upwards

Pretty much the way I see it. Thanks and good luck, except for Lynch. Lynch can fk off

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Players Released on 19:27 - May 14 with 3551 viewsHunterhoop

Disappointed to see Pav go. Always liked him. Knew what he was doing on the ball and off it and worked hard. However, with the cover with have, I can understand it.

The rest make complete sense. I hope Lynch picks up a Championship club so we can guarantee 6 points next season.
Players Released on 19:27 - May 14 with 3550 viewsLazyFan

Winter Leech finally exited and will struggle to get a League One contract methinks.

Bidwell is too high a wage and possibly we can get cheaper for the same quality. But we do need another LB in addition to Manning. I suspect he will get picked up by a Champ club on a cheaper deal he is on now as he can still do a job for another club.

Pav I thought could do a job at RB, but probably costs too much. And also he does not want to play there. On the wing we have too many good youngsters coming through so, not needed.

Cousins not good enough for enough matches. And injury prone. It was noticeable that when we tried to shift him no one else wanted him. I suspect he will get a deal back at Charlton.

Baptiste he as already gone really. But well done for him being a proper Pro, understanding this and getting himself on loan at Luton who got promoted and he got some games.

Overall these are good exits, we have finally cleared out a lot of expensive or leeching or ineffective players. Hopefully, we can bring in some CB's and find a gem of striker from abroad.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Players Released on 19:28 - May 14 with 3545 viewsWadR

Other than a couple of instances of playing people onside, I can't really remember any grievous errors by Rangel. He was as important as Cameron to our excellent run and clean sheets in the Autumn and is significantly better on the ball than Furlong which may prove important under Warburton.

Moderately sad to see Pav go but I think all of these were the correct decision. As already pointed out in this thread, it's pretty damning of our recent transfer record when all these players were bought for fees (Sylla and Washington within the last year too) and all have been released, with most of them still in their 20s.
Login to get fewer ads

Players Released on 19:30 - May 14 with 3533 viewsVancouverHoop

Out of the group I'm most surprised about Bidwell (but not very.) Mainly because Warburton is so familiar with him, also because we're thin at that position. I'll miss Pav, decent player and a real character, but lots of choice over on the right and he'd be the priciest I guess.
Players Released on 19:40 - May 14 with 3483 viewsbosh67

Players Released on 19:30 - May 14 by VancouverHoop

Out of the group I'm most surprised about Bidwell (but not very.) Mainly because Warburton is so familiar with him, also because we're thin at that position. I'll miss Pav, decent player and a real character, but lots of choice over on the right and he'd be the priciest I guess.

I think this has to do with 40% cost cutting, 20% okay but not consistent enough and 40% scout more Mannings, Chairs, Ezes, Halls etc.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players Released on 20:10 - May 14 with 3347 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng, if he signs again, will challenge Lumley
I still think we'll sign a left back. Nico not doing it in LA.
Manning can play either in midfield or at LB then.
Furlong to cover CB and RB.
Hall at CB
Maybe we'll only sign a striker, central midfield and a left back.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 20:36 - May 14 with 3240 viewsA40Bosh

Players Released on 19:30 - May 14 by VancouverHoop

I'll miss Pav and I think we did not see the best of a pretty decent player.
My frustration with him was his..... frustration.
My abiding memory of him is turning around with his hands in the air if a pass went wrong and we lost possession or he thinks he's been fouled. The number of times I shouted "JUST GET ON WITH IT!!!!!" at him from SAR as he stood there looking exasperated.

Will always remember his goal against Fulham and Konk's mate not accepting that Pav mugged the defender off with his drag back and did not just capitalise on a defender's slip

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Players Released on 20:57 - May 14 with 3135 viewsdannyblue

Players Released on 17:16 - May 14 by Dorse

Lynch to be replaced with a (hopefully) a nasty Lewis Dunk-type headcase who would take on a life-sized concrete effigy of King Kong, if it looked on-side.

Expect instead to see Quentin Bumjoy, a short-sighted, 8 stone weakling with galloping consumption and a gammy leg.

Quentin Bumjoy is a funny way of spelling Sean Goss
Players Released on 21:00 - May 14 with 3112 viewsElHoop

Players Released on 19:27 - May 14 by Hunterhoop

Disappointed to see Pav go. Always liked him. Knew what he was doing on the ball and off it and worked hard. However, with the cover with have, I can understand it.

The rest make complete sense. I hope Lynch picks up a Championship club so we can guarantee 6 points next season.

I'll miss Pav too. Preferred him playing in the middle of midfield or probably just about anywhere other than as an out and out winger. He was a decent player and at another time he would have been a bit of a legend. Imagine him in the 2011 sidefor instance. Good luck Pav.

We had too many players though, so I guess that we might as well have let them go if they're considered too expensive or useless or both.
Players Released on 21:05 - May 14 with 3085 viewsTwineyboy

I think his name is abbreviated from the Latin. Quentisean Bumgoss.
Players Released on 21:14 - May 14 with 3041 viewsdachiltern

Players Released on 19:27 - May 14 by Hunterhoop

Always knew what he was doing on the ball? Played it back, crossed to the keeper, ran into the oppo, thought he was fouled, throws a paddy and sulking, Yup, even the oppo knew what he was going to do and there’s the problem. Most defences had in their pocket and he added little to our team.
Players Released on 21:15 - May 14 with 3035 viewsTacticalR

Players Released on 20:36 - May 14 by A40Bosh

I'll miss Pav and I think we did not see the best of a pretty decent player.
My frustration with him was his..... frustration.
My abiding memory of him is turning around with his hands in the air if a pass went wrong and we lost possession or he thinks he's been fouled. The number of times I shouted "JUST GET ON WITH IT!!!!!" at him from SAR as he stood there looking exasperated.

Will always remember his goal against Fulham and Konk's mate not accepting that Pav mugged the defender off with his drag back and did not just capitalise on a defender's slip

Farewell then, Pav. You always seemed wracked by great pain and suffering. I believe a great career awaits you as a wandering Polish holy man, a witness to the great injustices of the world. May the force be with you.

[Post edited 14 May 2019 21:39]

Air hostess clique

Players Released on 21:22 - May 14 with 2986 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Apart from Pav who I grew to like I'm happy with that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Players Released on 21:32 - May 14 with 2942 viewsHunterhoop

Players Released on 21:14 - May 14 by dachiltern

Always knew what he was doing on the ball? Played it back, crossed to the keeper, ran into the oppo, thought he was fouled, throws a paddy and sulking, Yup, even the oppo knew what he was going to do and there’s the problem. Most defences had in their pocket and he added little to our team.

Except they didn’t. His goals and assists record proves otherwise. And you only had to watch us to see how many attacks came down our right. There’s a reason the Q, P and R blocks liked him and chanted his name. We know a decent right winger in that corner when we see one.

Good luck to Pav. I get we have kids coming through and he may have been on more than we can afford, but good luck to the bloke. A popular player who gave his all.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 22:11]
Players Released on 22:00 - May 14 with 2854 viewsA40Bosh

Players Released on 21:15 - May 14 by TacticalR

Farewell then, Pav. You always seemed wracked by great pain and suffering. I believe a great career awaits you as a wandering Polish holy man, a witness to the great injustices of the world. May the force be with you.

[Post edited 14 May 2019 21:39]

Yep
That's the look!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Players Released on 22:02 - May 14 with 2842 viewsWestbourneR

I rate Pawel and think it’s a big and erroneous decision to left him go.

I think Bidwell is bang average and I won’t miss him much but I’m surprised Warburton doesn’t want to work with him again.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Players Released on 22:11 - May 14 with 2813 viewsA40Bosh

Players Released on 22:02 - May 14 by WestbourneR

I rate Pawel and think it’s a big and erroneous decision to left him go.

I think Bidwell is bang average and I won’t miss him much but I’m surprised Warburton doesn’t want to work with him again.

Perhaps with Bids it was initially a 2 way conversation about money and the offer of reduced wages. If you were him, his age, number of games he has played this season probably feels that as a free agent he can pick up better money at another lower championship club who won't have to pay a fee for him.

I know some on here think players should be grateful and take what they are offered but man mind thy self.

Players Released on 22:42 - May 14 with 2711 viewsderbyhoop

Baptiste - went in January, to all intents
Pavel- allegedly big earner. Didn't deliver enough in a position where we have cover.
Lynch - unreliable, 31 years old, not going to get better
Cousins - never luved up to expectations. Injuries didn't help but he didn't do enough to get a new deal
Bidwell - steady Champ full back, where we don't have many options. Ould be financial more than football decision.

A lot of careful recruitment required.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players Released on 23:02 - May 14 with 2619 viewsozexile

Players Released on 17:35 - May 14 by oldmisery

I'm never usually 'ITK' but AR told me that he wanted to stay and he'd been told that we will be needing an experienced defender for season 2019/2020. This was about three weeks before Warburton's appointment so it would appear that certain decisions about the retained list had already been taken (by Les presumably). And he said that he'd taken his coaching badges so it may be that someone has an old fashioned player/coach role in mind.
I thought he had a mixed season, some very good games and some equally poor ones but, apart from Freeman, who didn't? He also said that the injury he picked up was the worst in his playing career - around 400 games in twelve years in England. But what I liked most was the way in which he tried to kill the young Swansea winger - that was really old school.

And we're crying out for another coach.
Players Released on 23:14 - May 14 with 2558 viewsFDC

So back four currently likely to be:

Manning - Leistner - Furlong - Rangel

With very little cover other than Hall? Any news on Quentin Bumjoy? I reckon he could do a job.

Roll on 2020-21 season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024