Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Match Thread 14:23 - Sep 10 with 29977 viewsPinnerPaul

Trying to keep my match thread starting run and the team's run going.....

3-0 Us Willock, Charlie and Andre Gray

Easy!
Reading Match Thread on 17:06 - Sep 11 with 3320 viewsVancouverHoop

Coming back from a two goal deficit in the last quarter of the game away from home is a sign of massive, and warranted, self belief.

We're a very good team.
Reading Match Thread on 17:06 - Sep 11 with 3325 viewsMatch82

Reading Match Thread on 17:02 - Sep 11 by Hunterhoop

Obviously I have. I just don’t think Reading have much quality. Not as much as us. Not as much as sides who I expect to be top 6-10. Is that okay? We shouldn’t fear anyone else’s quality except maybe Fulham and West Brom, so let’s not talk about it. That’s what Warburton was talking about when he said we need to create an aura around us, not worry about how good the opposition are.

I didn't think Reading were good, but they (or Swift) were clinical. Thought we played pretty well, created a ton of chances and actually converted them, just caught napping a few too many times at the back. Playing like that we'd win that game 7 times out of 10.

As for the aura, it's undeniable now that teams are going to think "this team is never out of it". That's a great thought for us to have niggling in the back of their heads.

Edit: spelling
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:08]
Reading Match Thread on 17:10 - Sep 11 with 3229 viewsJamesB1979

Massive point. Morale and belief within the squad must be huge!
Reading Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 11 with 3175 viewsStainrod

A shout out to Josh Bowler too - forever an R.

Such fine margins - with Fulham and West Brom both failing to win, if Willock had scored at the end we would be top of the league.

Still, I would have taken 3-3 on 82 minutes.
Reading Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 11 with 3168 viewsdistortR

Reading Match Thread on 17:06 - Sep 11 by Match82

I didn't think Reading were good, but they (or Swift) were clinical. Thought we played pretty well, created a ton of chances and actually converted them, just caught napping a few too many times at the back. Playing like that we'd win that game 7 times out of 10.

As for the aura, it's undeniable now that teams are going to think "this team is never out of it". That's a great thought for us to have niggling in the back of their heads.

Edit: spelling
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:08]

I actually thought reading looked a real threat going forwards, they broke quickly and found the gaps. How much of that threat was self-made, I'm not sure.
Adomah's use of the ball was superb.
Reading Match Thread on 17:15 - Sep 11 with 3058 viewsGreenbay

I hope we learn from this.
Lots of possession but no bite up front for 75 minutes.
Then on comes Gray and the absolutely outstanding Albert.
All of sudden - admittedly as Reading went defensive - we have a rip-roaring attack.
Gray looks the part. Nice attitude.
Albert sensational - ripping their defence apart - and pinpoint crosses.
We should have won but delighted to get a point when 3-1 down and just 11 minutes left.
Fourth spot, unbeaten, great character from the whole team.
To get promotion we have to beat teams like Reading - definitely not the early season side from last year.
But if we can produce that firepower early on in matches - then yes a top 6 spot is on - maybe even more.
Today Fulham lost at Blackpool and West Brom were held at home by Millwall.
It's not an easy ride for anyone as we all know in the Championship but we have a good competitive squad with some jewels on the pitch.
Can't wait to watch us at Bournemouth on Tuesday.
That will be a big indicator for the season.
Well done the whole team, Warbs and all the staff.
We seem to be on the right track even though today we took some unnecessary blows.
Reading Match Thread on 17:18 - Sep 11 with 2996 viewsdaveB

Reading Match Thread on 16:59 - Sep 11 by Hunterhoop

Completely agree.

Adomah and Gray changed the game, especially Albert. Everything went through him. His delivery into the box was superb. Caused chaos in the Reading defence.

he's a great player to bring on when you need a goal, his delivery was sensational

Austin would kill to be on the end of some of those deliveries
Reading Match Thread on 17:24 - Sep 11 with 2869 viewsMalintabuk

Phew.
How we got into this and out of this is mystery. I'm pretty sure Warbs and that dressing is both deflated and elated
We should never have been in a position of having to come back again and defending must now be a bit of a worry for Warbs.
I thought that 2 of the Reading goals were well worked and well taken but we do seem to be shipping a lot of goals and that must be a concern
But the fight and spirit must be fantastic in that team.
Charlie is not fit I don't think and taking him off and bringing on Gray was a great shout.
In fact as in previous games the subs were the turning point.
Quite a few players were under par today, as if they were rusty after the break.
All in all it was a strange game and the dropping of 2 points is both a loss and again winning a point in the 91st min a plus
Hard month this one and I would be happy to still be on the top 6 at the end of it
Only 3 teams remain unbeaten now one is us and we go to another on Tuesday
I'm not sure how Warbs will play this but I would definitely take a clean sheet and a 0 0 now
Login to get fewer ads

Reading Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 11 with 2788 viewsdaveB

the wonders of watching on streams, our QPR whatsapp group was going mad celebrating whilst i was about 2 minutes behind, that was a confusing few seconds wondering are they winding me up or oh hang on we're in here and then dancing round the room like a nutcase.
Reading Match Thread on 17:31 - Sep 11 with 2721 viewsdaveB

Reading Match Thread on 17:24 - Sep 11 by Malintabuk

Phew.
How we got into this and out of this is mystery. I'm pretty sure Warbs and that dressing is both deflated and elated
We should never have been in a position of having to come back again and defending must now be a bit of a worry for Warbs.
I thought that 2 of the Reading goals were well worked and well taken but we do seem to be shipping a lot of goals and that must be a concern
But the fight and spirit must be fantastic in that team.
Charlie is not fit I don't think and taking him off and bringing on Gray was a great shout.
In fact as in previous games the subs were the turning point.
Quite a few players were under par today, as if they were rusty after the break.
All in all it was a strange game and the dropping of 2 points is both a loss and again winning a point in the 91st min a plus
Hard month this one and I would be happy to still be on the top 6 at the end of it
Only 3 teams remain unbeaten now one is us and we go to another on Tuesday
I'm not sure how Warbs will play this but I would definitely take a clean sheet and a 0 0 now

Austin is fit but we created nothing for him again, whoever starts up front is basically a passenger, got to get our final ball better early in the game, we get in some good positions but don't create enough chances. We were well on top that first half an hour but hadn't killed the game off.

Thought Swift for Reading was excellent again not just the goals but very good in midfield. Saying that Ball should have done better for that 3rd goal
Reading Match Thread on 17:36 - Sep 11 with 2644 viewsdistortR

Reading Match Thread on 17:31 - Sep 11 by daveB

Austin is fit but we created nothing for him again, whoever starts up front is basically a passenger, got to get our final ball better early in the game, we get in some good positions but don't create enough chances. We were well on top that first half an hour but hadn't killed the game off.

Thought Swift for Reading was excellent again not just the goals but very good in midfield. Saying that Ball should have done better for that 3rd goal

Chair and willock are lovely players but both over-did it a bit today, I thought.
Thought Gray looked sharp, Austin not so much.
When they are all firing and in tune, by god.....
Reading Match Thread on 17:38 - Sep 11 with 2618 viewskernowhoop

Reading Match Thread on 17:18 - Sep 11 by daveB

he's a great player to bring on when you need a goal, his delivery was sensational

But Charlie would get a red card for that...😉
Reading Match Thread on 18:10 - Sep 11 with 2277 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

All hail he who goes by the name PinnerPaul.

His power knows no bounds.

All hail Pinner

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Reading Match Thread on 18:23 - Sep 11 with 2165 viewsMalintabuk

Reading Match Thread on 17:31 - Sep 11 by daveB

If he is fit then I hope this is just a slump in form, which every player has, or he is struggling to keep playing at this level.
We are the highest scorers in the league, and though 4 of those goals have been 2 ogs and 2 worldlys, we must be creating and others are scoring
The last 2 matches where he as been subbed those subs have scored and looked a lot sharper. OK that is against a tiring defence, so maybe we need to use Charlie in that sub role, but circumstances have made us start with him in those games.
IMO, he is still our best striker at the club so this not a go at him by any means
Reading Match Thread on 18:24 - Sep 11 with 2155 viewsBazzeR

Fantastic comeback today,Reading have some decent individuals and took their chances today.

I’m a little concerned that in just about every game one straight long punt down the middle gets our defence in complete disarray.Defensively we still look vulnerable and the team look very open at times all over the pitch.

I wonder if MW may change formation at the back at some stage and play Willock and Adomah out wide and 2 strikers to get our rewards.
Reading Match Thread on 18:31 - Sep 11 with 2090 viewsdavman

Back home. What a finish.

So, so in control those opening 20 mins; Reading looked shocking. We seemed to lack urgency after going 1-0 up and it looked very much a training exercise. Very little forward momentum, just that side to side to side probing.

Then after they equalised, they stepped up and put us under pressure even though they didn't create that much. The third was a sickener and should have been that. But, like Barnsley, for some inexplicable reason they took their foot off the gas. Took Puskas off, who, although lacked class, gave Jordy a bit of a going over in the air at least and put a defender on.

Then we bough Uncs on. What a difference. Quality in and around the box with a cutting edge.

Gray's a tap in and Stef's a good finish. 3-1 and you fu***d it up about right.

Don't agree too much about the Charlie bashing on here - starved of service, but put more of a shift in that recent games and Gray looks like he could do with a bit more training and less pie. Can't fault the right place for the goal.

Oh, and did anyone mention that this ref actually booked their keeper for time wasting? A huge step in the right direction, but I don't think he'd have put another one on him...

A fun finish, but I don't think we should have had to come back from 3-1; they were on the ropes at 1-0...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading Match Thread on 18:31 - Sep 11 with 2089 viewswood_hoop

I cannot give a detailed breakdown of play as i listened to the comm only, will rely on usual for Clive and others for a more detailed report,

From the highlights I see two good goals by Swift and he does look a very good and dangerous player, a few in this division are like Reading, may not be riddled with players to fear but have the odd one or two that can virtually win a game by them selves , defenders must take note that it can be at your own peril to give players like Swift any room and they need very close attention for the whole game.

I feel this is a good pont gained, to come from 3-1 down with not long to go shows belief, even if not playing as well as you can, we will no doubt have a few more like todays where our resilance will be stretched. but there will always be games where a you gain points but give MW a furrowed brow as to just how and why the team has to put all of us through so much torment, when getting out of sticky situations in the first place.
Reading Match Thread on 18:32 - Sep 11 with 2084 viewsStanisgod

Reading Match Thread on 17:18 - Sep 11 by daveB

Said it before, charlie must be well peed to always be off when albert comes on.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Reading Match Thread on 18:59 - Sep 11 with 1918 viewsdaveB

Reading Match Thread on 18:23 - Sep 11 by Malintabuk

If he is fit then I hope this is just a slump in form, which every player has, or he is struggling to keep playing at this level.
We are the highest scorers in the league, and though 4 of those goals have been 2 ogs and 2 worldlys, we must be creating and others are scoring
The last 2 matches where he as been subbed those subs have scored and looked a lot sharper. OK that is against a tiring defence, so maybe we need to use Charlie in that sub role, but circumstances have made us start with him in those games.
IMO, he is still our best striker at the club so this not a go at him by any means

IMO we're not creating many chances which shows how well we are doing really, first half other than the goal the only chance we created was the one really well defended when the right back nicked the ball off Austin. The chances are coming late in the games when teams tire and open up a bit more.

It's not just Austin, i thought Dykes struggled when he started games until we started creating more in the last half an hour of games.
Reading Match Thread on 19:04 - Sep 11 with 1873 viewsToast_R

The dozen times I must have watched this fixture on Sky its slways been a drab 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 at most.
Reading Match Thread on 19:10 - Sep 11 with 1842 viewsted_hendrix

Stato alert.

QPR;
Possession = 61%
Shots = 22
Shots on Target = 4
Corners = 6
Fouls = 12.

fakes
Possession = 39%
Shots = 12
Shots on Target = 4
Corners = 3
Fouls = 13
w ankers = about 13,081.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading Match Thread on 19:30 - Sep 11 with 1719 viewsdmm

My take away from today, apart from the amazing never-say-die thing we keep doing, is the lack of quality from our wingback's deliveries into the oppo's box. In short, their end product from out wide was not good enough. Adomah looked so good and effective because his deliveries were good enough, and they saved the day.

Today Odebajo and McCullum were the weak points of our attack. We miss Wallace's quality from the left.
Reading Match Thread on 19:38 - Sep 11 with 1652 viewsdavman

Reading Match Thread on 19:30 - Sep 11 by dmm

My take away from today, apart from the amazing never-say-die thing we keep doing, is the lack of quality from our wingback's deliveries into the oppo's box. In short, their end product from out wide was not good enough. Adomah looked so good and effective because his deliveries were good enough, and they saved the day.

Today Odebajo and McCullum were the weak points of our attack. We miss Wallace's quality from the left.

Odebajo is OK off his left, but his crossing with his right is appalling!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading Match Thread on 19:49 - Sep 11 with 1606 viewsMyke

I think we have had enough 'this feels like our Derby game' now thanks lads. You are incredibly resilient, we get that totally now. Now can you go ahead and stay ahead please? Much better for the nerves - please respect the ageing fanbase!
Reading Match Thread on 20:12 - Sep 11 with 1482 viewsbaz_qpr

Ball's got do a better more disciplined job shielding that defence 2nd half and in future games. Agree on the point that both Willock and Chair guilty of overplaying as well. But you cannot deny the tenacity and spirit of the team, but leaking far too many at the moment and to easily done by a long ball between De Wijs and Barbet.

Adomah outstanding when he came on but Reading made the wrong choice to try and sit back and defend against us in the last 15
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024