Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 15:01 - Oct 18 with 20788 viewsNorthernr

On loan to Torquay. V interesting to see how that goes.
Sinclair Armstrong on 06:39 - Nov 12 with 6667 viewsnumptydumpty

Will this chap be the next big prospect we have developed through the ranks a la Eze and Chair.

Without putting a kybosh on it, from all I have seen, think this boy will progress nicely...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:01 - Nov 12 with 6519 viewsnix

Sinclair Armstrong on 06:39 - Nov 12 by numptydumpty

Will this chap be the next big prospect we have developed through the ranks a la Eze and Chair.

Without putting a kybosh on it, from all I have seen, think this boy will progress nicely...

Before we get too excited about developing his talent, his contract only goes up to January 2022. We probably have an extension clause but that takes us to a maximum 2023. So realistically, the most we would get for him is compensation due to his age.

We've tried to tie him to a longer contract as I recall but he's backing himself for bigger things and would only agree to a shorter contract.
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:10 - Nov 12 with 6493 viewsmikeygunn

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:01 - Nov 12 by nix

Before we get too excited about developing his talent, his contract only goes up to January 2022. We probably have an extension clause but that takes us to a maximum 2023. So realistically, the most we would get for him is compensation due to his age.

We've tried to tie him to a longer contract as I recall but he's backing himself for bigger things and would only agree to a shorter contract.

Summer 2022 and we have a year’s extension. So we can get a little bit excited!
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:46 - Nov 12 with 6418 viewsCamberleyR

I'd like to think that he will look at how Eze progressed with us.
1. Go on loan and do well.
2. Come back and be involved with the first team.
3. Establish yourself in the Championship (assuming we don't get promoted) for a spell (the 50, 100 games etc that Clive mentions)
4. Do the above and do well and eventually you'll get your big money move to the PL

The other way is the Josh Bowler/John Bostock route where you try and run before you can walk where you go to a Prem club and sit in their academy team/on the bench at best.

Bowler had to take a step back to L1 and possibly looks to be heading upwards again but I wouldn't bet that he'd wished he'd stayed with us for a couple of seasons longer where he'd have got that senior football experience.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:13 - Nov 12 with 6349 viewsnix

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:46 - Nov 12 by CamberleyR

I'd like to think that he will look at how Eze progressed with us.
1. Go on loan and do well.
2. Come back and be involved with the first team.
3. Establish yourself in the Championship (assuming we don't get promoted) for a spell (the 50, 100 games etc that Clive mentions)
4. Do the above and do well and eventually you'll get your big money move to the PL

The other way is the Josh Bowler/John Bostock route where you try and run before you can walk where you go to a Prem club and sit in their academy team/on the bench at best.

Bowler had to take a step back to L1 and possibly looks to be heading upwards again but I wouldn't bet that he'd wished he'd stayed with us for a couple of seasons longer where he'd have got that senior football experience.

I agree Camberley it's another way for players to look at their futures. Although for balance, people could argue that it worked out pretty well for Raheem Sterling going to the big club.

I'm hoping he will stay with us for a few seasons. I think it would be great for his development. I'm just saying that he largely holds the cards as to how he wants his career to move forward. And he's not Eze on a long contract with Championship experience already behind him.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:23 - Nov 12 with 6251 viewsfrancisbowles

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:13 - Nov 12 by nix

I agree Camberley it's another way for players to look at their futures. Although for balance, people could argue that it worked out pretty well for Raheem Sterling going to the big club.

I'm hoping he will stay with us for a few seasons. I think it would be great for his development. I'm just saying that he largely holds the cards as to how he wants his career to move forward. And he's not Eze on a long contract with Championship experience already behind him.

Good post Nix. For the avoidance of any doubt we do have a year's option, which should help a bit.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/sinclair-armstrong-signs-new-deal-0502
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:06 - Nov 12 with 6166 viewsBklynRanger

I suppose Les and co have had to adopt a philosophical attitude to this for their own sanity.

If he could be convinced to sign a 2 or 3 year contract beyond the extension we'd have a really exciting, sellable asset on our hands, but there's only so much you can do.

He needs that loan to develop, and could then (if we're fast tracking as has been mentioned) be part of first team training over the summer - slowly introduce him next season maybe - try to convince him his next couple of years would be better suited with us. You can only do so much and he either agrees or he doesn't - it's a real melon twister.
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:23 - Nov 12 with 6114 viewsnumptydumpty

No one is saying he will be the next big thing literally !!!

But the promise is there undoubtedly but of course there is a long way to go.

Nothing improves and develops players more than game time.

I would expect loans initially and hopefully we get one or two seasons with him.

Of course thats the hope and no one is saying it inevitable, we all obviously just hope it could be but of course also there are plenty of other players that could progress also so its a case of believing in our staff and successful and appropriate loans and who the hell knows !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 12:49 - Nov 12 with 6007 viewsDavieQPR

A player under the age of 18 cannot sign a contract for longer than 3 years. This is EFL regulations and must also be signed by a parent or guardian.
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:28 - Nov 12 with 5959 viewsgarrycoady

Scored 2 during the week in a 3-2 win, Ireland U19s
https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/mu19-ireland-mu19-3-2-montenegro-mu19

@weareqpr

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:33 - Dec 4 with 5307 viewseghamranger

Has scored today…. Good lad

Came on as a sub on the 67th minute and scored on the 70th
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 16:36]
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:34 - Jan 3 with 4338 viewsaston_hoop

Catching up on his loan, couple of comments here from the Torquay forum:

"What a difference Armstrong makes. Did anyone else notice him giving his shirt Away at the end of the match? Could this mean it’s his last game for us? Our season will hinge on him staying or going"

"Armstrong caused no end of problems, was denied a goal by a dubious offside call and had one saved after great work by O'Connell. Ominous that he gave his shirt away and stayed out to seemingly wave goodbye at the end. A shame if that's all we see of him."

"Armstrong made all the difference when he came on and I hope the rumours of him moving on are not true."

We did ask them to not play him in the FA Cup, wonder if he could be involved in the squad.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 4170 viewsdmm

I seem to remember an article saying he'd refused to agree on an extension to his contract which is up in the summer. Does anyone else recall that or did I make it up?
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:16 - Jan 3 with 4146 viewsQPRSteve

signed 18 month contract extension last February till Summer 2022 but we have a further one year option
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:17 - Jan 3 with 4142 viewsMedwayR

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:11 - Jan 3 by dmm

I seem to remember an article saying he'd refused to agree on an extension to his contract which is up in the summer. Does anyone else recall that or did I make it up?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/sinclair-armstrong-signs-new-deal-0502

We have the option to extend to 2023, although I'm sure we'll look to get a new longer term deal sorted if he's progressing well.

Poll: Who’s better?

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 3668 viewsFrankRightguard

He has posted on his Instagram stories today thanking Torquay for his time there so he’s coming back, whether he’ll be involved or out on another loan who knows. From the brief times I’ve seen him live he certainly has all the attributes, but very raw.

The one commodity he has that we don’t in the first team squad is absolutely blistering pace. Eats up the ground.
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:33 - Jan 3 with 3405 viewsTGRRRSSS

Could be another loan, maybe League 2 or possibly lower L1.

Certainly backing himself with very short contracts - risky in some ways because 1 nasty injury....
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:43 - Jan 3 with 3359 viewsDavieQPR

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:33 - Jan 3 by TGRRRSSS

Certainly backing himself with very short contracts - risky in some ways because 1 nasty injury....

At the present time he can't get a starting berth with a side in the National League South. So wouldn't expect him to go to that level.
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:48 - Jan 3 with 3335 viewsTGRRRSSS

There are National - league above National South/North.

Otherwise yeah, but he only joined in October, and did score a few.
Sinclair Armstrong on 20:51 - Jan 3 with 3164 views1JD

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:43 - Jan 3 by DavieQPR

At the present time he can't get a starting berth with a side in the National League South. So wouldn't expect him to go to that level.

Had Covid so missed last couple of games. Was on the bench for his final game as Torquay won back to back games.
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:22 - Jan 3 with 3055 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:33 - Jan 3 by TGRRRSSS

Would see him ahead of Kelman in terms of being a first team prospect: hope he is in the squad for the cup game.
Sinclair Armstrong on 23:49 - Jan 3 with 2754 viewsNorthernr

Messiah.
Sinclair Armstrong on 00:22 - Jan 4 with 2663 viewsBucksRanger

Maybe drop the 'ah' Clive.
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 1896 viewsenfieldargh

Hopefully just click bait and yes U I know I shouldn't read them but

Man City supposedly sniffing around

Please please can we see him play in the hoops as one of ours and not on loan.

Dont want to big him up too much but I think the club has high hopes for Sinclair

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:23 - Jan 17 with 1800 viewsRangersw12

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:05 - Jan 17 by enfieldargh

Hopefully just click bait and yes U I know I shouldn't read them but

Man City supposedly sniffing around

Please please can we see him play in the hoops as one of ours and not on loan.

Dont want to big him up too much but I think the club has high hopes for Sinclair

He couldn't get in the Torquay starting 11 on a regular basis so he nowhere near our 1st team level

As Warbs has said is he better than Dykes, Gray and Austin?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024