Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread 09:27 - Dec 27 with 22188 viewsDorse

With our hangovers now officially classified as 'hangunders' and our blood now containing dangerous levels of turkey, tonight is the perfect time to add the 90 mins of heart strain that is watching QPR. Refereed by Keith Stroud. Live on Sky.

I hope you've all made wills.

Team news: QPR will be the ones in hoops. It is not confirmed whether Bournemouth will play skins. Dom Ball has been asked not to repeat his epic Christmas Day charade of 'No Sex Please We're British'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:27 - Dec 27 with 2793 viewsloftus77

Parachute Payments. That is all. Night night.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:27 - Dec 27 with 2775 viewsStanisgod

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:59 - Dec 27 by TramoreRanger

They are top 2 for a reason, PL quality players in Solanke and Billings, plus others who look well capable of stepping up...... they were the better side after first 20 minutes, we didn't really create anything to test their keeper, we looked rusty, not surprising having not had a game for 3 weeks......

Stroud didn't cost us the game but he didn't help himself with the randomness of his decisions, Cahill allowed to get away with everything, time wasting not clamped down on, lost control by the end.....

For a team that has such talent and capable of playing some seriously good football, they are a horrible side to appreciate........

In the image of their manager.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:29 - Dec 27 with 2760 viewstraininvain

Bournemouth one of the best teams I’ve seen at Loftus Road this season. Solanke a real handful and Billing in midfield was impressive.

We looked seriously lacking in ideas after Chair went off injured. Willock barely had a kick in the second half. Bit of an improvement when Adomah came on for Kakay (surprised that didn’t happen sooner).

It’s difficult to begrudge Bournemouth the win as they rarely looked troubled. But the performance from Stroud leaves a sour taste in the mouth, yet again. I wonder how often the games he officiates spiral out of control as we saw at the end today due to his sheer incompetence.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:33 - Dec 27 with 2731 viewsDorse

Talking of incompetence, am I sacked from match thread starting duties?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:36 - Dec 27 with 2682 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:01 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

My problem!?

It was tongue in cheek but tbf I only seem to notice you posting when we lose or on a bad run

Not sure that’s fair tbh….I like PP’s posts.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:46 - Dec 27 with 2595 viewsCamberleyR

Lack of match sharpness was the killer tonight. Three weeks without a game and it really showed. I've started to really dislike Bournemouth as a team and I can't stand Parker. Repugnant, horrible shit of a man and I don't like the way he sends his teams out to play.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:47 - Dec 27 with 2577 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:33 - Dec 27 by Dorse

Talking of incompetence, am I sacked from match thread starting duties?

Yes you are, Jonah

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:50 - Dec 27 with 2550 viewsPaddyhoops

Thought Bournemouth deserved Thier win.
We looked very rusty and Bournemouth showed what millions of pound spent can do.
They are sent out to wind up teams with let's be honest is blatant cheating.
Referees don't do anything about and let's be honest about it, Stroud couldn't find his own arse never mind referee a champship game.
I can live with being outclassed but Keith Stroud is an appallingly bad referee and that's what boils my piss more than anything else tonight.
One last point, Albert did more in his first five minutes than kakay had did in his hour or so on the pitch.
Bit disappointed Warburton didn't make the change earlier.
Login to get fewer ads

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 21:48 - Dec 27 with 2244 viewsMatch82

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:18 - Dec 27 by slmrstid

The most farcical bit of the melee at the end was Ben Pearson going full Rufus Brevett. Running 80 yards across the pitch, throwing himself in Scrappy Doo style with arms whirling everywhere as he punched any QPR player he could find, then trotting back across the pitch and receiving no punishment whatsoever.

He got booked to be fair, though it is indeed typical of his behavior. I didn't see what Dozell did to warrant a second yellow, anyone know?
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 21:49 - Dec 27 with 2234 viewsnix

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:50 - Dec 27 by Paddyhoops

Thought Bournemouth deserved Thier win.
We looked very rusty and Bournemouth showed what millions of pound spent can do.
They are sent out to wind up teams with let's be honest is blatant cheating.
Referees don't do anything about and let's be honest about it, Stroud couldn't find his own arse never mind referee a champship game.
I can live with being outclassed but Keith Stroud is an appallingly bad referee and that's what boils my piss more than anything else tonight.
One last point, Albert did more in his first five minutes than kakay had did in his hour or so on the pitch.
Bit disappointed Warburton didn't make the change earlier.

Agree with most of this. Except I can quite understand why Albert didn't start or why he wasn't brought on earlier because he's been injured for quite a while, is very important to us and he doesn't want to risk him breaking down again with a lot of matches yet to play.

We definitely look short of match fitness, particularly those coming back from injury, but even those who've just had these last couple of weeks off. Also, we don't know if any of them have had Covid as well. We certainly know that only a few of them have been able to train consistently over the last couple of weeks.

Stroud stank the place out as a referee. He just does not command the respect of the players or have a real feel for the game.

They played better than us and had more than enough quality chances to win several times over. But I wish we could have had the chance to play them at home with a decent ref and when with our best team playing at full strength. I suspect it would have been much closer.

It's no shame to lose to them though but I hope we can get back on track in the next game to keep us close to the play off places.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 21:50 - Dec 27 with 2226 viewsqprphil

For what it's worth I think Bournemouth made us look pretty average tonight, and they well deserved the win, but I don't like the way they go about it. Not sure Kakay is good enough, Jo Jo just going sideways and backwards doesn't help either. I think we are getting desperate for a right back, as it seems that Uncle can't do the full game week after week. As for Keith Stroud, totally incompetent at every level and shouldn't be allowed to referee. We will get going again.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 21:50 - Dec 27 with 2220 viewsAntti_Heinola

We didn't play well, they did, we deserved to lose. They're bigger and faster than us with no real weak links. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to beat them - other teams have - but we were second best today unfortunately. Shame, after the unfortunate defeat at theirs, I was looking forward to getting them to LR.
Downcast, but you always feel like that after a defeat. Even without Chair we have good players and I'm sure we'll find a way to turn things around.

Bare bones.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 21:51 - Dec 27 with 2216 viewsOldPedro

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 21:49 - Dec 27 by nix

Agree with most of this. Except I can quite understand why Albert didn't start or why he wasn't brought on earlier because he's been injured for quite a while, is very important to us and he doesn't want to risk him breaking down again with a lot of matches yet to play.

We definitely look short of match fitness, particularly those coming back from injury, but even those who've just had these last couple of weeks off. Also, we don't know if any of them have had Covid as well. We certainly know that only a few of them have been able to train consistently over the last couple of weeks.

Stroud stank the place out as a referee. He just does not command the respect of the players or have a real feel for the game.

They played better than us and had more than enough quality chances to win several times over. But I wish we could have had the chance to play them at home with a decent ref and when with our best team playing at full strength. I suspect it would have been much closer.

It's no shame to lose to them though but I hope we can get back on track in the next game to keep us close to the play off places.

This is spot on

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:04 - Dec 27 with 2140 viewsslmrstid

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 21:48 - Dec 27 by Match82

He got booked to be fair, though it is indeed typical of his behavior. I didn't see what Dozell did to warrant a second yellow, anyone know?

Ah fair enough, to be honest by that point Stroud just seemed to be waving a yellow card around in the air with no real idea who it was being given to.

No idea why Dozzell ended up being sent off, but in typical Stroud style it wasn't him doing it, it was the fourth official calling him over telling him to send him off.

Given the fourth official seemed to have a hand in *that* goal against Sunderland being disallowed, they clearly have more powers than I ever thought they had, namely just holding an oven tray with lightbulbs in it everytime someone wants to make a sub.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:12 - Dec 27 with 2085 viewsOldPedro

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:04 - Dec 27 by slmrstid

Ah fair enough, to be honest by that point Stroud just seemed to be waving a yellow card around in the air with no real idea who it was being given to.

No idea why Dozzell ended up being sent off, but in typical Stroud style it wasn't him doing it, it was the fourth official calling him over telling him to send him off.

Given the fourth official seemed to have a hand in *that* goal against Sunderland being disallowed, they clearly have more powers than I ever thought they had, namely just holding an oven tray with lightbulbs in it everytime someone wants to make a sub.

The 4th official seemed to be telling Stroud who to book - not sure how he had a better view of what was going on, unless he had watched the tv replay.....

It would be interesting to know what the remit of the 4th official is these days.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:34 - Dec 27 with 2014 viewssoops

It was a poor/dodgy decision by Stroud for the free kick. But we can’t blame him for the hopeless marking that followed it for the goal.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 27 with 1926 viewsjoe90

Just wondering if it’ll take a few games for us to get back in our stride?

I think it’s going to be a tough January/February with more games called off and fixtures piling up.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:57 - Dec 27 with 1912 viewsNorthantsHoop

Never felt we created any decent chances in this game, Bournemouth looked in control and it was only a matter of time before they scored. They have played through the latest Covid outbreaks we have had an enforced break and it told.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 23:33 - Dec 27 with 1791 viewsrrrspricey

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:20 - Dec 27 by OldPedro

It isn't gamesmanship - it is cheating and it is killing football

This all day long.

I'm getting sick of commentators and pundits saying shìt like "using his experience" or "he's been clever there" rather than calling cųnts like Lermer out to be the cheats they are and ruining the game we all love.

That aside we were dire
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 00:42 - Dec 28 with 1659 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 23:33 - Dec 27 by rrrspricey

This all day long.

I'm getting sick of commentators and pundits saying shìt like "using his experience" or "he's been clever there" rather than calling cųnts like Lermer out to be the cheats they are and ruining the game we all love.

That aside we were dire

I know it's only words, and it's just disappointment, but in my view 'dire' is losing 5-0 and kicking a couple in your own net. We were competitive, if second best. Dire is really harsh.

Bare bones.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 00:43 - Dec 28 with 1656 viewsPunteR

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:04 - Dec 27 by slmrstid

2nd yellow for wading in with his handbag I think.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 01:21 - Dec 28 with 1593 viewsBoston

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:12 - Dec 27 by OldPedro

The 4th official seemed to be telling Stroud who to book - not sure how he had a better view of what was going on, unless he had watched the tv replay.....

It would be interesting to know what the remit of the 4th official is these days.

..It's somewhere between the third world and the fifth estate.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 05:10 - Dec 28 with 1459 viewsstowmarketrange

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 27 by joe90

I think it’s going to be a tough January/February with more games called off and fixtures piling up.

Our next two games are going to be against teams that have had mini breaks over the Christmas period by not playing their Boxing Day fixtures while we’ll be playing 3 games in 7 days after an extended break of over 3 weeks.Not good for players fitness,especially with an overstretched squad anyway.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 09:52 - Dec 28 with 1252 viewsdavman

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 05:10 - Dec 28 by stowmarketrange

Our next two games are going to be against teams that have had mini breaks over the Christmas period by not playing their Boxing Day fixtures while we’ll be playing 3 games in 7 days after an extended break of over 3 weeks.Not good for players fitness,especially with an overstretched squad anyway.

Pretty sick of these excuses now. Yes, it is a factor, but one that every single team simply has to deal with. Yes, we had it bad, but after Stoke, we knew we'd find it tough with Kakay and Field as our wing backs, so maybe it came at the right time. A couple of COVID postponements through January where we don't have Chair and Dieng wouldn't go amiss, but that maybe gives other teams time to recover.

We all know that teams like Bmouth, Fulham, WBA and Sheff U have still got the massive advantage parachute payments and huge squads give them and we all know that we are one of 10 or so teams scrabbling around for the remaining places in the Play-offs. A month ago, we looked faves for the play-offs, now its Blackburn, Forest, Brough, Sheff U.

This season was already going to be a lottery, this December - January period is going to make that even more the case. I swear that half the cancellations are not just down to COVID - teams are adding in their already injured players to claim that they cannot fulfil a fixture. We had to play v Stoke with 6 players out through "normal" injuries and couldn't fill the bench. Just four cases would have meant a claim for postponement. Is that right as surely normal injuries are part and parcel aren't they?

Strange times...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 10:32 - Dec 28 with 1173 viewskernowhoop

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 27 by joe90

Yes, we seem to do better in the much-complained-about periods when we play three games in eight days than after three weeks without a match. There is a difference between physically fit and match fit.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024