Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread 09:27 - Dec 27 with 22170 viewsDorse

With our hangovers now officially classified as 'hangunders' and our blood now containing dangerous levels of turkey, tonight is the perfect time to add the 90 mins of heart strain that is watching QPR. Refereed by Keith Stroud. Live on Sky.

I hope you've all made wills.

Team news: QPR will be the ones in hoops. It is not confirmed whether Bournemouth will play skins. Dom Ball has been asked not to repeat his epic Christmas Day charade of 'No Sex Please We're British'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:38 - Dec 27 with 2582 viewsdmm

I don't think we played that badly tonight, just lacked the sharpness that can result from not playing for three weeks.

Two games in a row without scoring is a bit concerning though.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread (n/t) on 19:38 - Dec 27 with 2582 viewsMick_S

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:35 - Dec 27 by Myke

Don't blame the ref. We were comprehensively out-played from start to finish bar the first ten minutes. We were very fortunate to only lose 1-0 as it should have been at least 3. We didn't create a single clear scoring opportunity in the entire game. whereas every time they attacked they looked dangerous. Willock completely anonymous for the second game in a row. Impossible to know how badly we were affected by covid - but I would say significantly judging by the lethargy out there tonight.

[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 19:39]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:38 - Dec 27 with 2577 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Let's have some perspective here.
Bournemouth - man for man - are a quality above us.
We should have lost at least 3-nil.
Yes we had plenty of possession but there were no defence splitting passes and just one shot on goal.
Their goalkeeper was never tested.
When Chair - obviously injured was replaced in the second half - our creativity subsided.
Yes sub Albert was good with his speed and crosses and yes we put on the pressure in the last few minutes.
But league leaders Bournemouth - surely on the way to the Premier League - have an outstanding striker in Solanke. His first half header was glorious. It hurts to say but true.
He's the top scorer in the Championship with 23 goals.
However it is quite remarkable that Warbs has put together a team that is even fighting for a play-off spot.
There are injury-prone players that we have taken on and others that have been rejected cos they weren't good enough for their original teams.
Somehow Warbs and his staff has made them better - to put us in a position where we can still finish in the top 6.
Two successive home defeats has delivered a big dent to our hopes - and Covid forcing postponements hasn't really helped. That's apart from not playing for 20+ days.
Dozzell sent off won't help either as we face two more matches both away in the next 6 days. Those matches at Bristol City and Birmingham are vital - just to regain our confidence.
But with a side that has performed - well above our budget - we can't really complain.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:41 - Dec 27 with 2488 viewsBurnleyhoop

Lermer was an utter disgrace. Should be ashamed of himself, utter prick.
Fair play to Cahill for getting straight back up after the blatant push fron Dykes.

Wallace and Kakay were awful. Wallace unfit, Kakay clueless.

Christ, that was not remotely enjoyable. Now in a shocking mood 😖
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:42 - Dec 27 with 2476 viewsRangersw12

Need a result at Bristol as were one more defeat away from LBlock and Paul Parker posting again
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:46 - Dec 27 with 2378 viewspaulparker

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:42 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

Need a result at Bristol as were one more defeat away from LBlock and Paul Parker posting again

What’s your problem ??? I’ve made 3 posts on tonight’s game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:47 - Dec 27 with 2365 viewsted_hendrix

Comfortably beaten at home by a team of pretty talented players, you might not like their players and their tactics but tough shit they are top of the league for a reason.

Nous.

Next.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:47 - Dec 27 with 2348 viewsdistortR

A telling contrast between the speed we launch attacks and the speed they do.

But I really dislike their gamesmanship.
Login to get fewer ads

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:47 - Dec 27 with 2343 viewsstevec

Not that it needed confirming but we are not a top two side, 6th place is still the dream.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:48 - Dec 27 with 2322 viewsMelakaRanger

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:31 - Dec 27 by kensalriser

Regardless of everything else, we got what we deserved from that game. Not one decent shot on goal.

Hence my earlier comment of don’t blame the referee for our failures

True he is absolute crap as a ref. But we deserved absolutely nothing from this game
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:49 - Dec 27 with 2303 viewsBrazilNutR

Dykes' shove on Cahill sending him into the hoarding was the highlight of the game for me...
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:54 - Dec 27 with 2205 viewsManinBlack

Very disappointing to have lost the last two home games without scoring against two promotion rivals. It could be down to rustiness but Bournemouth had been in a ropey spell of form coming into this game with no wins in six but they looked untroubled. Once again Parker wins against us. Incredible that winning their first game in a month that they go back to the top.

Warburton raging about the ref and the Bournemouth antics leading to the sending off.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 19:56]
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:59 - Dec 27 with 2122 viewsTramoreRanger

They are top 2 for a reason, PL quality players in Solanke and Billings, plus others who look well capable of stepping up...... they were the better side after first 20 minutes, we didn't really create anything to test their keeper, we looked rusty, not surprising having not had a game for 3 weeks......

Stroud didn't cost us the game but he didn't help himself with the randomness of his decisions, Cahill allowed to get away with everything, time wasting not clamped down on, lost control by the end.....

For a team that has such talent and capable of playing some seriously good football, they are a horrible side to appreciate........
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:01 - Dec 27 with 2088 viewsRangersw12

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:46 - Dec 27 by paulparker

What’s your problem ??? I’ve made 3 posts on tonight’s game

My problem!?

It was tongue in cheek but tbf I only seem to notice you posting when we lose or on a bad run
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:03 - Dec 27 with 2056 viewsRangersw12

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:49 - Dec 27 by BrazilNutR

Dykes' shove on Cahill sending him into the hoarding was the highlight of the game for me...

Have to give Cahill credit for not making a meal out of it
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:06 - Dec 27 with 2008 viewsMedwayR

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:03 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

Have to give Cahill credit for not making a meal out of it

True, I expect Parker will be fuming at him for not making a meal of it.

Poll: Who’s better?

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:06 - Dec 27 with 2005 viewsstowmarketrange

I wouldn’t have been so annoyed if we’d lost 2 or 3 nil,but to see them throwing themselves to the floor every time was enough to wind me up.A really horrible team with a horrible c@nt of a manager.We can only hope that Newcastle buy solanke in January and they lose in the playoffs again.
Glad I wasn’t there to witness it in person,or I might’ve been on the pitch at the end.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 1982 viewsthemodfather

another game we played well blah blah to infinity and lost. shit ref. lost control to be expected as he let too much go at the start. the cherrys cheat and cheat well and egt away with it. lemara?? he went down after fouling us and rolled and rolled so many times, when he got up i was surprised he wasn;t covered in chocolate, in a box and advertised as "yule log!" , we never troubled their goalie , they have a prem squad, on prem wages etc as just come down but WE NEED TO GO UP A GEAR which
we didn't, someone has to stick a boot in. a good game between 2 good sides, their goal imo is disputed cos of foul to us in the phase before we fouled them.
not much damage done , games in hand and we will score again one game, cheeries mugged us with their tactics and we never do likewise.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:12 - Dec 27 with 1932 viewsQPRSteve

What's that? 10 wins 1 draw and 0 defeats when Stroud refs Bournemouth games. The EFL should hang their heads in shame allowing him to ref his home town club. Makes the game look corrupt.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:13 - Dec 27 with 1929 viewsHooparoo

We were completely outplayed and deserved nothing out of it. If it wasn’t for Dieng it would have been much worse. For me, apart from Willock and Chair, we don’t do the simple things well like pass and move. Time after time Bournemouth played through us like we were traffic cones but all we ever seem to do is knock it around at the back until we get shut down so it goes long. They even had variations on their set pieces and kick off routines which are clearly the result of work on the training ground. Where are ours?

We’ve done really well with a limited budget and a rag tag squad but on the last 2 showings, we aren’t anywhere near a top 6 side.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 1905 viewsdavman

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:08 - Dec 27 by themodfather

another game we played well blah blah to infinity and lost. shit ref. lost control to be expected as he let too much go at the start. the cherrys cheat and cheat well and egt away with it. lemara?? he went down after fouling us and rolled and rolled so many times, when he got up i was surprised he wasn;t covered in chocolate, in a box and advertised as "yule log!" , we never troubled their goalie , they have a prem squad, on prem wages etc as just come down but WE NEED TO GO UP A GEAR which
we didn't, someone has to stick a boot in. a good game between 2 good sides, their goal imo is disputed cos of foul to us in the phase before we fouled them.
not much damage done , games in hand and we will score again one game, cheeries mugged us with their tactics and we never do likewise.

All true apart from the first sentence. We didn't play well; we didn't lay a glove on them and were well shithoused to kill the game off.

Stroud might not have appeared to do much wrong, but the evidence that he lost control was pretty clear at the end. Bournemouth confused our pitch with their beach and had quite a few little lay downs on the beach in the second half.

They knew he'd let them get away with it all because he did at their place and they did get away with it.

We got what we deserved tonight.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:17 - Dec 27 with 1851 viewsBoston

We didn’t turn up today.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:18 - Dec 27 with 1838 viewsslmrstid

The most farcical bit of the melee at the end was Ben Pearson going full Rufus Brevett. Running 80 yards across the pitch, throwing himself in Scrappy Doo style with arms whirling everywhere as he punched any QPR player he could find, then trotting back across the pitch and receiving no punishment whatsoever.
The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:20 - Dec 27 with 1811 viewsOldPedro

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 19:47 - Dec 27 by distortR

A telling contrast between the speed we launch attacks and the speed they do.

But I really dislike their gamesmanship.

It isn't gamesmanship - it is cheating and it is killing football

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:22 - Dec 27 with 1790 viewspaulparker

The Bournemouth Ultimatum Match Thread on 20:01 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

My problem!?

It was tongue in cheek but tbf I only seem to notice you posting when we lose or on a bad run

You do have a problem because you called me out
I don’t post on here anymore due to work commitments, my health , my sanity and the threads on here
Haven’t criticised the team one jot on here tonight only the ref

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024