Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet 20:32 - Jun 1 with 25210 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Having read the way that Beale wants to play with a back four, and the comment that “all of the players are young and have their best days ahead of them”, I fear for Barbet

It could be Dunne and Dickie as the first choice CBs. Possibly with Masterson as a back up as they’ve banged on so much about developing and bringing in the youth.

It would be such a shame for Barbet to just be released. I bet he comes back to Loftus Rd with another team and is motm!
Barbet on 22:46 - Jun 7 with 4313 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Do people really think we couldn’t afford Barbet because we gave Niko a deal?

If anything, we probably couldn’t afford Barbet because we deviated from the plan and brought in Austin and Johansson which everyone got a chubby for at the time.

No innocent parties to this outcome, including the majority of fans.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 22:47]
Barbet on 00:19 - Jun 8 with 4185 viewsdaveB

Barbet on 22:46 - Jun 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do people really think we couldn’t afford Barbet because we gave Niko a deal?

If anything, we probably couldn’t afford Barbet because we deviated from the plan and brought in Austin and Johansson which everyone got a chubby for at the time.

No innocent parties to this outcome, including the majority of fans.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 22:47]

If we had given Barbet a 3 year deal on improved money I imagine the reaction wouldn't have been great to that idea in a years time
Barbet on 09:19 - Jun 8 with 3887 viewsNed_Kennedys

Barbet on 19:35 - Jun 7 by QPR_Jim

"Mate literally no-one has ever demanded Niko should be in the team." - You've clearly not read the 46 replies to that tweet from the time they renewed his contract.

It's a cheap gamble, I'm not sure what the fascination is. He even comes with an agent seemingly able to get him off our wage bill with increasingly surprising loans, which is a bonus.

If we are taking Twitter replies as a good indication of what the overall fan base think then we are barking up the wrong tree IMO.
Barbet on 16:09 - Jun 9 with 3606 viewsPinnerPaul

Barbet on 22:40 - Jun 6 by daveB

Good luck to him, was really good for us over the 3 years, I'd have liked to see him stay but we have no idea what he wanted in terms of money or length of contract, hope he does well back in France

Exactly that Dave, despite all the chatter, none of us know what he was on now, what he wanted and what the club offered.

To cap it all, we obviously don't know which , if any, of those were 'fair' and 'reasonable'.

I would have kept him, but its not my money, and I have no idea what other players we are after.
Barbet on 16:11 - Jun 9 with 3595 viewsPinnerPaul

Barbet on 01:55 - Jun 7 by BrianMcCarthy

We don't know anywhere near enough to judge this yet.

As ever with Rangers, the truth will out in time.

or whatever version of the 'truth' people want to adopt!
Barbet on 16:17 - Jun 9 with 3559 viewsdanehoop

Barbet on 19:24 - Jun 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Mate literally no-one has ever demanded Niko should be in the team.
Kakay has had a number of good games and has his strengths but Niko is sadly way off our level I’m afraid and has never looked good enough so the 4 year deal was a terrible decision.

I just find Niko baffling. There is a good player. He plays well for Finland in what is a competitive Finnish side and holds his own Somehow he is just very diminished when he plays for us. Don't know what we have done to him. Happy if he left now.

Never knowingly understood

Barbet on 17:49 - Jun 9 with 3491 viewsfrancisbowles

Barbet on 16:17 - Jun 9 by danehoop

I just find Niko baffling. There is a good player. He plays well for Finland in what is a competitive Finnish side and holds his own Somehow he is just very diminished when he plays for us. Don't know what we have done to him. Happy if he left now.

The difference between Championship and international football?
Barbet on 18:25 - Jun 9 with 3408 viewsdaveB

Barbet on 16:17 - Jun 9 by danehoop

He's hardly ever played for us, was neither brilliant or terrible season before last, a steady 5/10 most weeks. He's a decent back up left back
Login to get fewer ads

Barbet on 18:54 - Jun 9 with 3329 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet on 18:25 - Jun 9 by daveB

He's hardly ever played for us, was neither brilliant or terrible season before last, a steady 5/10 most weeks. He's a decent back up left back

And, one would presume, incredibly cheap.

I've never seen the fuss over his contract.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barbet on 19:15 - Jun 14 with 2928 viewsHayesender

Bordeux have just been relegated to the French 3rd division for financial irregularities.

Maybe we could get him back on loan

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Barbet on 12:04 - Jun 16 with 2548 viewsstantheman10

Why waste all your time second guessing and why not wait until Beale has had a chance to get together with the players and decide how best to line up and who he needs. We're not even back in training yet ffs!
Barbet on 13:40 - Jun 16 with 2370 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barbet on 12:04 - Jun 16 by stantheman10

Why waste all your time second guessing and why not wait until Beale has had a chance to get together with the players and decide how best to line up and who he needs. We're not even back in training yet ffs!

NO
The time for panic and recriminations is NOW

Bare bones.

Barbet on 14:38 - Jun 16 with 2246 viewskensalriser

We need to get our scapegoats for next season lined up, too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barbet on 14:59 - Jun 16 with 2185 viewsdmm

Barbet on 14:38 - Jun 16 by kensalriser

We need to get our scapegoats for next season lined up, too.

Have you ever tried herding goats? Tough job.
Barbet on 16:22 - Jun 16 with 2085 viewskensalriser

Barbet on 14:59 - Jun 16 by dmm

Stubborn beasts, and fond of a snide headbutt. But someone's got to do it. We'll need to know where to apportion blame.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barbet on 10:30 - Jun 17 with 1777 viewsfrancisbowles

Barbet on 19:15 - Jun 14 by Hayesender

Bordeux have just been relegated to the French 3rd division for financial irregularities.

Maybe we could get him back on loan

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

I hope it works out for him.
Barbet on 10:55 - Jun 17 with 1685 viewsLblock

Barbet on 16:22 - Jun 16 by kensalriser

Stubborn beasts, and fond of a snide headbutt. But someone's got to do it. We'll need to know where to apportion blame.

You’re kidding?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barbet on 10:59 - Jun 17 with 1651 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barbet on 18:54 - Jun 9 by BrianMcCarthy

And, one would presume, incredibly cheap.

I've never seen the fuss over his contract.

It should be seen through the lens of giving Sir Les a kicking.
Barbet on 11:53 - Jun 17 with 1522 viewsstantheman10

Has nobody thought that maybe Beale didn't fancy Barbet and that's why we didn't try too hard to keep him?
Barbet on 12:30 - Jun 17 with 1420 viewsdmm

Barbet on 11:53 - Jun 17 by stantheman10

Has nobody thought that maybe Beale didn't fancy Barbet and that's why we didn't try too hard to keep him?

Yes, particularly with Beale's preferred back 4.
Barbet on 12:32 - Jun 17 with 1413 viewspeterlund_dk

Barbet on 14:59 - Jun 16 by dmm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024