Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet 20:32 - Jun 1 with 25211 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Having read the way that Beale wants to play with a back four, and the comment that “all of the players are young and have their best days ahead of them”, I fear for Barbet

It could be Dunne and Dickie as the first choice CBs. Possibly with Masterson as a back up as they’ve banged on so much about developing and bringing in the youth.

It would be such a shame for Barbet to just be released. I bet he comes back to Loftus Rd with another team and is motm!
Barbet on 19:23 - Jun 2 with 5637 viewssimmo

Barbet on 18:47 - Jun 2 by Northernr

It's interesting, the general perception last season is that Dickie started on fire and tailed off, and Dunne was fcking brilliant. Actually the stats and the metrics, which is of course what the recruitment people look at, show that yeh Dickie had a sensational August but then apart from one obvious error at Bournemouth was remarkably consistent, error free, and our best defender in most categories.

He's the best by miles and will go to the PL, if not this summer than def next year. Dunnes 'head away a brick' style will always make him easy to like and draw attention, but he's not close to Dickie atm.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barbet on 19:25 - Jun 2 with 5623 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on 19:23 - Jun 2 by simmo

He's the best by miles and will go to the PL, if not this summer than def next year. Dunnes 'head away a brick' style will always make him easy to like and draw attention, but he's not close to Dickie atm.

He will be in 12 months. He's at that early Dickie stage of letting the situation, scoreboard and mistakes eat his brain atm. Dickie still does that a bit, but not to the extent he did when he arrived.
Barbet on 19:34 - Jun 2 with 5588 viewsdaveB

It's interesting, the general perception last season is that Dickie started on fire and tailed off, and Dunne was fcking brilliant. Actually the stats and the metrics, which is of course what the recruitment people look at, show that yeh Dickie had a sensational August but then apart from one obvious error at Bournemouth was remarkably consistent, error free, and our best defender in most categories.

Dunne made a few howlers in the second half of the season but didn't get much stick for it.
Barbet on 19:44 - Jun 2 with 5562 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on 19:34 - Jun 2 by daveB

Dunne made a few howlers in the second half of the season but didn't get much stick for it.

Expectation. I think the media team should take a lot from it actually. There were no rumours, no hype, no nothing about Dunne's signing. It just popped up one day, oh here's Jimmy Dunne. So everybody was pleasantly surprised. Similar thing happened with Grant Hall - ended up winning player of the year in his first year despite being a bit of a basic championship bitch, because he was billed as somebody who trialled in our last pre-season game and got a contract, when in fact he was from Spurs and on £15k a week+.

Compare that to, for instance, the hype the gave Sean Goss...

I think last season everybody expected Rob Dickie to be big, break out, Adam Webster/Ben White style £20m centre back, he then was out of control in August, and after that regressed, but still to a very good level. Expectations though, you're just wondering why he's not scoring from 30 yards any more.

Dunne, nobody knew who he was, zero expectation, and he was good - that translates into great when that's the case.
Barbet on 20:29 - Jun 2 with 5453 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Rumoured to be re-joining his former club Bordeaux this summer.
Barbet on 21:24 - Jun 2 with 5328 viewsMyke

I know Dickie was off the scale in August. Never mind his 30 yard raspers or his even his ridiculous (for a CB) tap in from a yard v Hull. It was his sensational goal-line clearance (in the same game?) that impressed me the most, because defending has to be his primary role. Maybe his performances remained consistently good according to the stats, I just felt he lacked courage (and confidence) as the season progressed. I know he wasn't alone in that and I know that you feel losing Dieng was hugely influential in that, but above anything I think you need your defenders to be brave and decisive. Mistakes happen, that's part of the 'fun' but they are more likely to occur if the defender is dithering or tentative, which I felt was the case with Dickie on more than one occasion.
Barbet on 04:12 - Jun 3 with 5096 viewsderbyhoop

The problem with Barbet is where do you get an experienced Championship CB, with an excellent record for availability, when you are trying to manage a QPR sized budget.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Barbet on 04:31 - Jun 3 with 5093 viewsnumptydumpty

Clearly rumours mean nothing but wasn't there talk Barbet wanted to resettle his young family back in France.

Yes I would be out to keep him myself. When uou have a player who is decent at this level, experienced and with an injury free record despite playing most games to me it is a no brainer to keep him of course.

Dickie for me did seem to tail off in form last year and it seemed to the untrained eye, Dunne was the most consistent form wise but yes of course be happy Barbet staying.

The game where he stayed on after headbutting an advertising hoarding is a memory that sticks by.

Of course we need players like that.

Masterson and De Wijs I have liked also.

But probably one of those perhaps be released or loaned out.

We all wait though as sure there be one or two additions with the new man but i believe centre back, we already well stocked.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Barbet on 08:37 - Jun 3 with 4965 viewsdavman

Now I am firmly in the Barbet fan club, but maybe that knee injury towards the end of the season was a degenerative one that has just reared its head; maybe a sign that during his next contract, it may become an issue? Also, he only really blossemed with us when Warbs went to a three, which he is perfectly suited to. Wasn't great in a two. And maybe, just maybe he wanted more for a contract in his 29th year that would make him a top earner...

Maybe.

Who knows?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barbet on 08:59 - Jun 3 with 4907 viewsswitchingcode

Barbet on 20:29 - Jun 2 by Benny_the_Ball

Rumoured to be re-joining his former club Bordeaux this summer.

Gone there 3 year deal
Barbet on 09:03 - Jun 3 with 4904 viewsSK_hoops

Barbet on 08:59 - Jun 3 by switchingcode

Gone there 3 year deal

Is that confirmed? I hope not.
Barbet on 09:08 - Jun 3 with 4873 viewsswitchingcode

Barbet on 09:03 - Jun 3 by SK_hoops

Posted on our site by reliable bloke.Will be replaced by better and younger I expect
Barbet on 10:11 - Jun 3 with 4753 viewsessextaxiboy

Barbet on 19:23 - Jun 2 by simmo

I stand to be corrected but i dont think he is quick enough for the Premier League .
Barbet on 19:30 - Jun 3 with 4433 viewsSK_hoops

Barbet on 09:08 - Jun 3 by switchingcode

Posted on our site by reliable bloke.Will be replaced by better and younger I expect

Ah ok. What a shame. Will actually be difficult to replace him with someone better.
Barbet on 19:36 - Jun 3 with 4411 viewsqpr_1968

Barbet on 09:03 - Jun 3 by SK_hoops

same as, loved barbet, and always looked as if he loved our club, celebrating every goal scored and every game won like he'd won the league......i'm sure we could have got another year or two out of him.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Barbet on 19:37 - Jun 3 with 4410 viewsDaBurgh

Barbet on 19:36 - Jun 3 by qpr_1968

same as, loved barbet, and always looked as if he loved our club, celebrating every goal scored and every game won like he'd won the league......i'm sure we could have got another year or two out of him.

Mercato : Yoann Barbet 3 ans aux Girondins de Bordeaux - Girondins- actu Bordeaux par WebGirondins, FCGB : Mercato infos et Transferts depuis 2001 avec le 1er e média indépendant sur les Girondins
https://www.webgirondins.com/actualite-girondins-mercato-yoann-barbet-3-ans-aux-
Barbet on 19:40 - Jun 3 with 4397 viewsqpr_1968

Barbet on 19:37 - Jun 3 by DaBurgh

Mercato : Yoann Barbet 3 ans aux Girondins de Bordeaux - Girondins- actu Bordeaux par WebGirondins, FCGB : Mercato infos et Transferts depuis 2001 avec le 1er e média indépendant sur les Girondins
https://www.webgirondins.com/actualite-girondins-mercato-yoann-barbet-3-ans-aux-

merci beaucoup.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Barbet on 07:18 - Jun 4 with 4152 viewsderbyhoop

Official announcement from Bordeaux planned for 14 June. 3 year contract with 1 year option.

Bordeaux finished bottom of Ligue 1 with, far and away, the worst defensive record.
Yoann wi get a bonus if they get promoted back to L1.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Barbet on 08:01 - Jun 4 with 4047 viewsMyke

I wish him Barbet all the best. Superb servant for us and his fitness and availability were second to none. Treated shabbily at the end and a greater acknowledgement of what he achieved should still be acknowledged by the club.
That said, I think he would have struggled under Beale in a flat back four. It was never his strong suit and with Beale placing so much emphasis on his full backs to launch attacks this inevitably places more pressure on the two CB's to actually defend. It was only when Liverpool brought in someone of the magnitude of Van Dyke that they stopped leaking goals as Trent and Robinson bombed up and down the wings.
Best of luck Barbet and thanks for some great memories - the two most recent were his 'hat' and the flicked winner at Bristol City, which was karma in it's purest form
Barbet on 12:19 - Jun 4 with 3860 viewsLoftgirl

Barbet on 19:40 - Jun 3 by qpr_1968

merci beaucoup.

Barbet on 15:20 - Jun 4 with 3721 viewsbaz_qpr

Can't see we were ever going to offer Barbet a 3 year deal. There was talk around Xmas he wanted to go home if I remember. Ultimately we need an LCB with some pace
Barbet on 17:41 - Jun 4 with 3545 viewsCiderwithRsie

Barbet on 19:25 - Jun 2 by Northernr

He will be in 12 months. He's at that early Dickie stage of letting the situation, scoreboard and mistakes eat his brain atm. Dickie still does that a bit, but not to the extent he did when he arrived.

Yeah, one of the reasons I early became an admirer of Dunne was because (while I expected Dickie to be good, he was flagged up as a key signing well in advance) Dunne came in a bit under the radar, with de Wijs being the man in possession.

Dunne's been a revelation but that doesn't mean Dickie hasn't been better, it's just that it was obvious Dickie was a class act from the off.
Barbet on 21:58 - Jun 6 with 3148 viewsBakes

Officially gone.

He’s Just confirmed on his socials

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 22:16]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Barbet on 22:09 - Jun 6 with 3082 viewscolinallcars

Barbet on 21:58 - Jun 6 by Bakes

Officially gone.

He’s Just confirmed on his socials

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 22:16]

That's put the tin lid on a poxy day for me. I'm going to bed.
Barbet on 22:26 - Jun 6 with 2974 viewsterryb

Thank you Joann.

You gave your all for us & best wishes for your future.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 22:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024